Do the socially awkward have hope overseas?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
picasso25
Freshman Poster

Do the socially awkward have hope overseas?

Post by picasso25 »

when I was younger I tended to be a loner because I was shy, introverted and lacked social skills, I've gotten a tiny bit better as I've gotten older, just because I've recognized the "correct way" or american way to act with the average american, but this unfortuantely makes me feel like a actor just saying lines to "fit in", this unfortuantely makes me conform to a life as a loner because I refused to carry myself with a inflated ego just for the sake of people saying you have a personality. This culture disgust me and I find it at war with me and my values, because I believe friendships should be like the kind Winston talks about in his experience overseas, where there is brotherly comraderie. This culture pushes to be more withdrawn, though I hate being withdrawn, because there is a part of me thats wants to connect with people. My question is do any of you think I would have a hard time starting off alone overseas? Lets say I decide one day to move to germany for a year, do you think I would have a problem making friends and finding love starting off as a loner in a foreign country? Do you think I will be able to get my social skills up to par overseas? The reason I ask is that I noticed some foreign cultures, well at least in the few i met in the U.S. tend to dislike outsiders or people who would like to share in the love of that cultures or it could be they just didn't like me, maybe because of my race or because i'm american what do you think?
American women!!! Yuk!!!

what's that? you wanna tell me about who paris hilton is dating now. who cares!!!!

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi picasso,
I posted a reply in your other thread in the "love and relationships" board. My answer is the same. The best will come out of your in many countries abroad and you will feel like being more outgoing. It just happens naturally. When I was 15 and went to Taiwan, I noticed how much more talkative and expressive I was there, with my relatives. For some reason, though I couldn't put my finger on it, I just didn't feel insecure or shy anymore, instead I felt totally accepted and whole inside. Now I understand why though, but back then, I didn't know why there was such a difference in me. When I returned to the US, I felt really depressed and did not know why. Now I do though.

However, at that time, I thought that the US was my idol and the greatest country in the world, back in the 80's. And thus I wanted to conform and be great in it. But alas, it was a losing battle.

But be warned. Once you experience what I mean, you may never be happy in the US again.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
jtest28
Freshman Poster

Post by jtest28 »

Hey Picasso!

You and I are in that same boat. I too am not geared mentally to be this "super social soap opera type guy" that women expect. However, when I was in Ukraine last year, it's as if I could feel the women wanting me to talk to them and this made doing so very easy. And if I didn't talk enough, they made up for it by putting forth the effort. Where as in the States, women do expect social perfection, as well as being perfect in all other ways, and you know, we can feel this pressure. Now that I look back on my trip, I almost seemed to become someone else around women. I was almost a show off as I had so much confidence there. I would say the only thing you can do wrong socially there is if you were to be too skittish. That's true for the States too, but in the States there's also a long line of other things you can do wrong. So in Ukraine it seemed all I had to do was focus on that one hurdle and then I was home free.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Do the socially awkward have hope overseas?

Post by momopi »

picasso25 wrote:when I was younger I tended to be a loner because I was shy, introverted and lacked social skills, I've gotten a tiny bit better as I've gotten older, just because I've recognized the "correct way" or american way to act with the average american, but this unfortuantely makes me feel like a actor just saying lines to "fit in", this unfortuantely makes me conform to a life as a loner because I refused to carry myself with a inflated ego just for the sake of people saying you have a personality. This culture disgust me and I find it at war with me and my values, because I believe friendships should be like the kind Winston talks about in his experience overseas, where there is brotherly comraderie. This culture pushes to be more withdrawn, though I hate being withdrawn, because there is a part of me thats wants to connect with people. My question is do any of you think I would have a hard time starting off alone overseas? Lets say I decide one day to move to germany for a year, do you think I would have a problem making friends and finding love starting off as a loner in a foreign country? Do you think I will be able to get my social skills up to par overseas? The reason I ask is that I noticed some foreign cultures, well at least in the few i met in the U.S. tend to dislike outsiders or people who would like to share in the love of that cultures or it could be they just didn't like me, maybe because of my race or because i'm american what do you think?

The most powerful freedom to have, is the ability to vote with your feet.
Grunt
Junior Poster

Post by Grunt »

The concept of effective communication works under the assumption of mutual respect. In America, virtually all females demonstrate utter contempt for virtually all men. This creates a prisoner/prison guard relationship that is not conducive to productive communication. Put simply, if the person you are talking to hates you, there will be little you can talk about.

If anyone feels they "come out of their shell" when overseas, try to keep something in mind. That person you are overseas is the real you. The person you are in America is a prisoner, nothing more.

This is possible because American men love and respect real women, and women overseas respect real men. Pretty simple concept, neh?
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Grunt wrote:The concept of effective communication works under the assumption of mutual respect. In America, virtually all females demonstrate utter contempt for virtually all men. This creates a prisoner/prison guard relationship that is not conducive to productive communication. Put simply, if the person you are talking to hates you, there will be little you can talk about.

If anyone feels they "come out of their shell" when overseas, try to keep something in mind. That person you are overseas is the real you. The person you are in America is a prisoner, nothing more.

This is possible because American men love and respect real women, and women overseas respect real men. Pretty simple concept, neh?
Great way to put it Grunt, "That person you are overseas is the real you." Your right in the US you really can't be "yourself" at least not all the time.

The thing I find fascinating is that overseas, you can approach a woman at a bookstore or grocery store and she doen't think of you a "creep." However, in the US if you approach a woman while out in public she probably will think of you as a "creep" just because you started a converstion with her! WTF? :shock:

ImageImageImage
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Grunt wrote: If anyone feels they "come out of their shell" when overseas, try to keep something in mind. That person you are overseas is the real you. The person you are in America is a prisoner, nothing more.

Absolutely brilliant and spot on Grunt! A thousand percent correct! I'm going to use those quotes from you above somewhere on my home page and introduction pages.

BTW, nice to see you back Grunt. Check out my new Executive Summary. I think you will like it.
http://www.happierabroad.com/executivesummary.php
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Grunt
Junior Poster

Post by Grunt »

Good to see you moving in the right direction, Winston. Looks like Ladislav's wisdom is rubbing off on you. The only point I would add, and its prolly not worth adding to the Summary, is that the current dysfunctional social climate in America is no accident. It was made to be that way intentionally.

Now that the disease of radical feminism has infected America for 40 years, virtually every person you meet in America is, or was raised by, a sociopathic feminist. This why men in America have so many female traits. Gossip, backstabbing, immaturity, snitchery, disingenuous, and in general all the mind-numbing idiocy you would expect from a gaggle of 12 year old girls.

Even in the military, few soldiers stand on personal accomplishment or individual goals, but cliquish he-said-she-said buffoonery. In America I ignore most of the people I meet, as nothing I say or do will make any sense to them. My wife and I are only in America another 6 to 9 months. She has a drivers license, I got her a decent little car, she has credit cards, a good job history, and most importantly a U.S. Passport.

Once we get the remainder of our debts under control, were getting the hell out of America once and for all. I would advise anyone else to do the same. America is gone, and is in the final phases or collapse. The greatest manifestation of this malaise is the pervasive attitude that those around you no longer feel they can or will do anything of importance in their own lives, so they dedicate their every action towards stopping other people from reaching for their dreams. This is primarily a feminine perspective, by the way.

Once a culture reaches this low, there is no turning back. There is likewise little hope of you getting anything of importance done with virtually everyone around you doing their level best to trip you up every chance they get, while pretending to be your best friend.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi Grunt,
Glad you've noticed that my writing has matured and sounds more objective and compassionate now.

Well I did mention a few times in the executive summary that things are engineered this way to make people empty and overconsume. But I don't want to sound too much like a conspiracy nut. I do believe in some conspiracies, but I save that for my other site.

BTW, I've been watching videos on youtube about the freemasons, which you used to talk about on here. There is a lot more to them than I thought. Do you know much about the Illuminati too?

And what about the CFR and Bilderberg and all that? Is there really going to be a New World Order that wants to create a microchipped population?

Check out these news segment about microchipping people. Pretty freaky.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNvj5MPWf9o

Grunt
Junior Poster

Post by Grunt »

Its good to keep expanding your mind. Open new doors. Explore new possibilities. The groups you mention are all birds of a feather, all cut from the same cloth. The masons are the evil and oppression at your local level, they are the ground troops of the global hegemony. As any soldier can tell you, without ground troops, you cant wage much of a war. Expose and neutralise the masons and you basically have a bunch of rich old douchebags playing chess with no pieces.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Grunt wrote:Its good to keep expanding your mind. Open new doors. Explore new possibilities. The groups you mention are all birds of a feather, all cut from the same cloth. The masons are the evil and oppression at your local level, they are the ground troops of the global hegemony. As any soldier can tell you, without ground troops, you cant wage much of a war. Expose and neutralise the masons and you basically have a bunch of rich old douchebags playing chess with no pieces.
But I thought that the outer ring of the Masons, or the "ground troops" as you call them, are ignorant about what the group is about, and are just honest sincere people? That's what David Icke and Alex Jones says.

What is your background with the Masons? How do you know about them? Is it from personal experience, insiders who told you, or just your independent research?

Grunt
Junior Poster

Post by Grunt »

I have met many masons in the military and trust me, most of them are deranged lunatics with a serious superiority complex. I was in the Pennsylvania 28th Division for 10 odd years. PA has perhaps the most severe infestation of masons then any other state and it shows, as the state is on the verge of bankrupcy.

Anyhow, the masons view all non-masons as "unclean". There are some "face men" that the masons put forth as the image they want to portray to the people, but above that masons are simply at war with anyone that isnt a mason.