Dating checklist for men

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Dating checklist for men

Post by Johnny1975 »

I've written a book which is essentially a dating checklist for men.

Who wants to give me an honest and fair review? Send me a private message and I'll send you the PDF. It's about 12,000 words and will take roughly an hour or so to read.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Mystery Writer
Freshman Poster

Post by Mystery Writer »

I gave this a read and recommend it to those of you who are looking for a traditional woman. Keep your eyes peeled for the finished product.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

Mystery Writer wrote:I gave this a read and recommend it to those of you who are looking for a traditional woman. Keep your eyes peeled for the finished product.
Thanks.

Any negatives? Anything I could change or fix or improve?
Mystery Writer
Freshman Poster

Post by Mystery Writer »

Check your email...
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

Yes I got it. I'm making changes now. Check your inbox in a minute as I have some questions.
OTB
Freshman Poster

PDF

Post by OTB »

What's up Johnny? You know I want to read it.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Re: PDF

Post by Johnny1975 »

OTB wrote:What's up Johnny? You know I want to read it.
Haha, yes I was actually think about you when I started this thread. Just send me a pm with your email address and I'll send you the PDF. I think you'll like it.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

Anyone else?
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

Hello?

Because of the nature of my book, I'm a bit worried about falling foul of their rules on what is considered offensive or unacceptable. But David Icke says all sorts os things about famous people and he makes lots of very serious accusations, but his books are on amazon, even though from what I read in amazon's rules, I would have thought that practially all of his books would be banned.

My book is a bit critical of women at times, so I wonder if it's within the rules or not.

Does anyone know what the deal is with that?
Mystery Writer
Freshman Poster

Post by Mystery Writer »

As long as it's not outright offensive (hate speech, etc.), you should be fine: https://kdp.amazon.com/help?topicId=A2TOZW0SV7IR1U
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

Thanks.

Anyone else? Come on, who else wants to look at my book and give their opinion?
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

Right, you lot, my book is finished and it's on Amazon. Check it out :

If you want a free copy I'll send one to you if you write me a review.
Last edited by Johnny1975 on May 7th, 2014, 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mystery Writer
Freshman Poster

Post by Mystery Writer »

I think you've gotten it right. The Look Inside preview is just enough of a sampling of the content to attract your target market.

Good Luck!
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

Mystery Writer wrote:I think you've gotten it right. The Look Inside preview is just enough of a sampling of the content to attract your target market.

Good Luck!
Thanks. I followed all of your advice. I changed Ok to OK, I added commas whereas before I wouldn't have (i.e. "watch out, she's" or, "watch out, she'll"), and I read every sentence and made lots of corrections (i.e. splitting up a sentence into 2 if it was too long). I didn't hire a proofreader, I just did it myself, but I do think I've done a reasonable job. I was pretty ruthless. I also used Ginger to spot a lot of errors that the regular spell check on Libreoffice didn't catch. When I read through the whole thing I couldn't find a single typo or spelling mistake. And I did it all from start to finish in 25 days, including the learning curve, reading loads of books and articles, etc. I'm feeling so much relief now.

The only thing that concerns me slightly is the fact that although dating in itself is a big market, there are very few books out there that are of the same nature as mine. At least for men. So I'm not sure what's going to happen.

The two categories that I chose are : motivational / self help and relationships (that may not be the exact wording). And I tested a few keywords, and it's not too bad. I'm on the 1st or 2nd position for some of them, but in others I'm nowhere.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

My book is free on Amazon for 1 day.

I'd appreciate a review!