Why there's no real singles scene in America, only Abroad

What's your story? Discussions your reasons for going abroad.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

gsjackson wrote:
Oh, it was very different when baby boomers were in young adulthood. Not only were there a multitude of "singles bars," but there were large apartment complexes in metro areas more or less marked off as the territory of on-the-make singles. Approaching women was not stigmatized, nor was the possibility of meeting someone outside of your social circle.

How we got from there to here is a fascinating, if depressing subject, and why I keep coming back to this website.
Haha this brings back memories.

Mr. (General?) Jackson does not exaggerate in the least. These complexes were the hippest thing in Atlanta. I was married straight out of school and so didn't sample that life, but it was really, really prevalent in the culture. It was actually hard to rent an apartment because all the nice complexes in White areas were adults-only.

Funny I was married when being single would have made life easy. And now I am single when being married would have made life easy.

Just stupid I guess.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Another factor

Post by jamesbond »

mfpinwa wrote:I lived in Europe for several years and wanted to point one important factor and that is that the culture there is more open in terms of sexuality.
p4p is legal and commonplace.

For example, in the city where I lived there was nice building that was like a five star hotel with around a 100 hoes. These were nice attractive women who would do what ever you want for less $50.

I think when men have this option available it really puts women in a less controlling position.

The problem with the US is that p4p is illegal.
This is spot on, studies show that in countries where p4p is legal, the woman are easier to meet and date because men don't need a girlfriend in order to get laid, they can simply go visit a hoe. So men don't put women on pedestals in countries that have legalized p4p.

What city in Europe did you live in mfpinwa? I can't wait to take my trip to Germany! :D
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
ntm1972
Freshman Poster

Post by ntm1972 »

Banano wrote:
Legality of p4p is irrelevant, some people on this forum keep bringing this up but its utter nonsense, I am in Australia where p4p is legal and women are one of the pickiest and feminized in the world, illegal brothels are popping up like mushrooms, they are literally everywhere.
By the same logic regular Las Vegas women should be easy since p4p is legal?
Moreover, engaging into p4p is not cheap, it will cost you around $100 for 20-30 min with the cheapest hooker so it cant be viable solution for young horny guys who need sex all the time.

Doing prostittutes on a regular basis will destroy your confidence. I am banging one hooker for free and she makes fun of desperate men who come and visit her, she says something to the effect of 'these men are desperate losers, they deserve to be milked of of money since they cant find women who will sleep with them'.

She told me how some men pay for golden showers and to go down on her, so sad. I am not surprised they treat men like dirt, we are so weak when it comes to sex and women are well aware of this weakness.
Yeah, I've banged a few hookers for free, too. It's fine as long as both of you see it as a casual thing. But when one party decides to go further, as was the case when one of them tried to get me involved in her personal s**t... well, that's when you understand that paying has its upside. It makes it clear that's it's a business transaction, and when you're done getting off, that's it, no mas.

And yeah, it's pathetic what some guys will pay a woman to do to him. I've heard the stories from them too. When I heard the word "diaper" once, I held up my hand, and said "Say no more." No self-respect.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

The worst thing about America is that there is a big BARRIER between women and us. America sucks because:

1. You are not allowed to approach girls and try to pick them up. You aren't supposed to desire women, your only desires are supposed to be money and consumerism.
2. You are not allowed to go out and meet girls or straight up ask girls for dates.
3. You are not allowed to flirt with girls. Flirtation is a taboo. You are only allowed to flirt with your wife or girlfriend.
4. You are not allowed to talk to strangers or socialize much. Communication is strictly for business purposes. In America, everything is a business, including your life. Everything has a price, including you.
5. Every girl has this stuck up attitude where they think they're too good for you. They are spoiled, self-absorbed, toxic, unfriendly, unapproachable, and have a bad attitude on their face, vibe and body language.
6. People are highly paranoid and uptight. It's on their face, vibe, aura and personality. Everyone is a competitor and every man is an island.

BORING!!! If you try to do any of the above, it feels like a TRANSGRESSION, like you've crossed the line. It's really weird and sucks 1000 percent. Only when you leave the USA do you realize that none of the above is natural, normal or healthy.
Last edited by Winston on April 11th, 2014, 9:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Winston wrote:The worst thing about America is that there is a big BARRIER between women and us. America sucks because:

1. You are not allowed to approach girls and try to pick them up. You aren't supposed to desire women, your only desires are supposed to be money and consumerism.
2. You are not allowed to go out and meet girls or straight up ask girls for dates.
3. You are not allowed to flirt with girls. Flirtation is a taboo. You are only allowed to flirt with your wife or girlfriend.
4. You are not allowed to talk to strangers or socialize much. Communication is strictly for business purposes. In America, everything is a business, including your life. Everything has a price, including you.
5. Every girl has this stuck up attitude where they think they're too good for you. They are spoiled, self-absorbed, toxic, unfriendly, unapproachable, and have a bad attitude on their face, vibe and body language.
6. People are highly paranoid and uptight. It's on their face, vibe, aura and personality. Everyone is a competitor and every man is an island.

BORING!!! If you try to do any of the above, it feels like a TRANSGRESSION, like you've crossed the line. It's really weird and sucks 1000 percent. Only when you leave the USA do you realize that none of the above is natural, normal or healthy.
Isn't it funny when you watch American movies and TV shows, you will see women striking up conversations with men and being flirtatious towards men. WTF? This does not happen in real life at all. :shock:

In America women are scared to death of men and never strike up conversations with them. This is especially true with single white women, they absolutely do everything they can to avoid making eye contact with men. It does feel like you are crossing the line if you strike up a conversation with them.

The only women in America who have been friendly to me are Black, Hispanic and Asian women. White women in the US are the most unfriendly, paranoid and anti-social women on the face of the earth! :shock:
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

jamesbond wrote:
Winston wrote:The worst thing about America is that there is a big BARRIER between women and us. America sucks because:

Isn't it funny when you watch American movies and TV shows, you will see women striking up conversations with men and being flirtatious towards men. WTF? This does not happen in real life at all. :shock:

In America women are scared to death of men and never strike up conversations with them. This is especially true with single white women, they absolutely do everything they can to avoid making eye contact with men. It does feel like you are crossing the line if you strike up a conversation with them.

The only women in America who have been friendly to me are Black, Hispanic and Asian women. White women in the US are the most unfriendly, paranoid and anti-social women on the face of the earth! :shock:
Umm. Correction: those White women, who are barf-o'-rama to you, are another thugs' treasure. That's right; thugs can get a swig of them and will probably score and all that...they let their guards down for them. It's on-par to how many Black American a.sshole women are towards non-Black guys: they fancy them for being non-White and "somewhat" having their s.hit together (e.g. the non-Black guy would have a bulls.hit job but because dude isn't Black and he knows a handful of urban music joints, he's an honorary Black man #jus_soli_style)
White
Freshman Poster

Post by White »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
jamesbond wrote:

Umm. Correction: those White women, who are barf-o'-rama to you, are another thugs' treasure. That's right; thugs can get a swig of them and will probably score and all that...they let their guards down for them. It's on-par to how many Black American a.sshole women are towards non-Black guys: they fancy them for being non-White and "somewhat" having their s.hit together (e.g. the non-Black guy would have a bulls.hit job but because dude isn't Black and he knows a handful of urban music joints, he's an honorary Black man #jus_soli_style)
Thugs like you can keep the white women...f**k, they ain't even women anymore. Keep 'em cuz, that's what you deserve...
Jeremy
Freshman Poster

Post by Jeremy »

It's considered a major social faux pas to cold approach. Girls won't touch guys from work. Girls online are only there for the attention.

So how exactly is a guy supposed to get laid without paying in this insane society?
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

White, I warned you twice before about fighting in the forums. Since you clearly disregarded my warnings, I'm going to temp ban you for a few days...
MatureDJ
Junior Poster

Post by MatureDJ »

mfpinwa wrote:The problem with the US is that p4p is illegal.
Thus men are forced into being slaves to women in the form of marriage.
The US society has become a matriarchal society where females are dominating the entire society. This is accomplished with support from the government.
Men are forced to pay taxes to the government, then the government steals the man's savings and assets and gives them to the woman after divorce.
Thus men in the US are doomed to being nothing more than slaves to the state and to women.
The strip joint lap dance with a "happy ending" is today's p4p.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Jeremy wrote:It's considered a major social faux pas to cold approach. Girls won't touch guys from work. Girls online are only there for the attention.

So how exactly is a guy supposed to get laid without paying in this insane society?
Yes and in America p4p is illegal (except for two counties in Nevada). The only real solution is to go overseas to meet women.

Everything in the USA is geared towards married couples and families. How come there is nothing for single people (except for bars and clubs) in America?

Sarita
Freshman Poster

Excellent original post

Post by Sarita »

Your writings are super insightful. Your observations are spot on, and eye-opening. Perhaps the reason it's all geared toward couples is because of the churches and their strength in encouraging people to conform and become a cog in the system.
“When so many are lonely as seem to be lonely, it would be inexcusably selfish to be lonely alone.â€￾ - Tennessee Williams
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Excellent original post

Post by Winston »

Sarita wrote:Your writings are super insightful. Your observations are spot on, and eye-opening. Perhaps the reason it's all geared toward couples is because of the churches and their strength in encouraging people to conform and become a cog in the system.
Thank you. Glad you've found us. We've always known there was something off about America and not quite right. But it's hard to put into words because we are bombarded with fake hype all day. These writings are an attempt to put what's wrong into words.

The influence of the church is one reason. But there is supposed to be a separation of church and state. Plus, if America is so Christian, then why does it promote greed, violence and warfare? Why don't they put wholesome shows on TV instead of trash? Why did the elite remove family values in America? It doesn't make sense.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
IraqVet2003
Junior Poster

Why there's no real singles scene in America, only Abroad.

Post by IraqVet2003 »

Hello Winston, I am new to this Happier Abroad forum. I'm a black single guy in his early 40's who has never been married and has no children. Also I'm a military veteran with 8yrs of active duty service. I currently live in Honolulu, Hawaii. I would like to say you (and poster JAMESBOND) are correct that in the U.S. the so-called "singles scene" doesn't really exist except for bars and clubs (or in T.V. shows/Hollywood films).

Winston you are also right about your observations of a man who is single would be "out of place" in the social scene/culture in modern America. Because I too have noticed that when I'm eating out at a restaurant such as Tony Roma's, Chili's, Outback, T.G.I Friday's,etc. I see either couples, groups, or families. But hardly anyone else eating alone. And it's pretty much the same everywhere else from the beach, movie theaters, shopping malls, amusement parks, tour groups/attractions, etc. However, I have no desire to go to bars or clubs (which I think are geared towards younger people) and I don't drink.

And as for online dating sites, I don't even bother with those. This is because I have checked out some these websites and many of the women have income requirements and expectations that are out of this world!!! And than I wonder if someone who is on those sites are they trying to get a date/marriage partner or applying for a job or bank loan!! But I noticed with the Foreign dating/marriage sites such as Christian Filipina.com and AmoLatina.com they don't have such requirements!!! The women on those sites care more about a man's CHARACTER not his CASHFLOW.

Anyway, Winston I have read your E-book "Happier Abroad-Why you would be happier abroad than in the U.S." and it has inspired me to pursue a degree in TESOL (Teaching English as a Second Language) so I could leave the U.S. to teach English abroad in places (such as Thailand, Japan, U.A.E., or in Europe). Hopefully to have a wider and a more inclusive social experience.
Sarita
Freshman Poster

Re: Excellent original post

Post by Sarita »

So true. There is supposed to be separation between church and state, you're right. However, the sort of church philosophy that is most prevalent in the U.S. is not necessarily one that is peace-loving and benevolent. They love the death penalty, love having a prison-state, war, and show little kindness toward those in a bad situation. Your comment that the elite removed family values in America goes to the heart of it. Instead of having a benevolent form of capitalism, they push a violent form of capitalism which has no room even for family. I mean, look at the non-existence of filial piety in the U.S. It existed at one time, but it's dead and gone now. The elderly are dumped and stored in nursing homes like so many packages in warehouses.

You know what? I don't think there are any other websites that discuss topics this openly. At least none that I've found. I'm going to suggest it to a couple of friends.

Winston wrote:
Sarita wrote:Your writings are super insightful. Your observations are spot on, and eye-opening. Perhaps the reason it's all geared toward couples is because of the churches and their strength in encouraging people to conform and become a cog in the system.
Thank you. Glad you've found us. We've always known there was something off about America and not quite right. But it's hard to put into words because we are bombarded with fake hype all day. These writings are an attempt to put what's wrong into words.

The influence of the church is one reason. But there is supposed to be a separation of church and state. Plus, if America is so Christian, then why does it promote greed, violence and warfare? Why don't they put wholesome shows on TV instead of trash? Why did the elite remove family values in America? It doesn't make sense.
“When so many are lonely as seem to be lonely, it would be inexcusably selfish to be lonely alone.â€￾ - Tennessee Williams