Why isn't South America more popular for Americans?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Luc Furr
Freshman Poster

Post by Luc Furr »

Never been to South America but I get the feeling that South American people in general don't like Americans. Don't they see American's as imperialists who steal from SA people?

btw are any ethnic groups ranked socially lower than Filipino people?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Luc Furr wrote:Never been to South America but I get the feeling that South American people in general don't like Americans. Don't they see American's as imperialists who steal from SA people?
Almost never on an individual basis. But you must speak Spanish or the local tongue unless you go to Guayana ot Beliz. It's non-negotiable.
btw are any ethnic groups ranked socially lower than Filipino people?
Where? Who ranks them?
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Jonny Law
Experienced Poster

Post by Jonny Law »

"btw are any ethnic groups ranked socially lower than Filipino people?"

Yes. Philippines is socially higher than some of Latin American and all of Africa except for some parts if South Africa. And higher than Cambodians in Asia.

But the Philippines ladies are the highest in my book.
The
Junior Poster

Post by The »

I have travelled to Central and South America though its been a few years and while I like the high energy culture, I feel that it isn't for me....I much much much prefer Europe to anything....But since we're talking about South America and Asia I feel for my tastes I would choose Asia, particularly Thailand, Indonesia and the Phillipines....There are a couple of people on Youtube who rave about Thailand in particular.....MrVeesWorld and Archie Luxury are two who rave about it....

Again choosing btw South America and Asia depends on your tastes and personality thats all!! As long as we're Happier Abroad!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
TopSpruce
Freshman Poster

Post by TopSpruce »

Jonny Law wrote:"btw are any ethnic groups ranked socially lower than Filipino people?"

You have to understand, that when you go to Latin America you have the best odds with the ethnic, native looking girls.

The white, European looking girls in Latina America know their value. Also, they are usually in the higher economic classes and don't need a foreigner. I know some white looking south americans and they are often extremely racist and despise the lower castes. The lighter skinned south americans also despise gringo sex tourists and prefer to date their own people within their culture.

A lot of foreigners that go to LA will date black south americans, or heavily mayan/inca/etc looking types. Just google peru to see what the average native girl looks like.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

TopSpruce wrote:
Jonny Law wrote:"btw are any ethnic groups ranked socially lower than Filipino people?"

You have to understand, that when you go to Latin America you have the best odds with the ethnic, native looking girls.

The white, European looking girls in Latina America know their value. Also, they are usually in the higher economic classes and don't need a foreigner. I know some white looking south americans and they are often extremely racist and despise the lower castes. The lighter skinned south americans also despise gringo sex tourists and prefer to date their own people within their culture.

A lot of foreigners that go to LA will date black south americans, or heavily mayan/inca/etc looking types. Just google peru to see what the average native girl looks like.
I think you hit the nail on the head. During my trips to Rio, I soon found myself lusting after the Cariocas that had a the Brazilian/Italian mixture. I didn't hang around long enough to chase after them but I'm sure they were top of the drawer and would have been difficult catch.

One of the reasons why I'm not as attracted to the ladies of Mexico is that I'm not a big fan of the mayan/inca look.
skateboardstephen
Junior Poster

Post by skateboardstephen »

TopSpruce wrote:

You hit the nail right on the head.This accurately describes Brazil.
se eu soubesse o que eu sei hoje, teria mando mulheres americanas para foder-se há muitos anos.que deus abençoe o brasil!
skateboardstephen
Junior Poster

Post by skateboardstephen »

pete98146 wrote:I've been to Rio 3 times, Cancun 3 times and obviously Asia many times since I'm married to a Filipina. I used to book all my flights to Rio thru a travel agency site Brol.com. They are out of Miami and the staff is all Brazilian. I my rep telling me, "have fun down in Rio but I advise against getting serious with any Carioca." I asked her why and she said, "let's put it this way, I make a lot of my commissions selling tickets to American men who go back to Rio to visit their ex wives and children." She further explained that "it's not hard to meet a Carioca but be aware that they don't do well living outside of Brazil because their culture is very unique." So you get a fish out of water syndrome that you have to deal with.

Having been down to Rio, I can see her point. In my limited time in Rio, I sensed that the folks have one big melting pot of fun. Folks of all colors and backgrounds blend together well and they enjoy (rightfully so) their culture and environment. Take a lady out of her element and you are asking for trouble especially me living in damp, drizzly, aloof Seattle which is almost the complete opposite of Rio. This would spell trouble. So I think her love of her own country would surpass her love for you. To me, it was a potential recipe for failure.

This is really too bad because ladies I found the ladies from Brazil stunning and as a 40 year old male I got a decent amount of attention. Your best bet would be to physically move down to Rio but that wasn't in my plans so I decided to look at the Asian ladies in particular Filipinas.

To me, Filipinas were a better fit for all the reasons that have been detailed to death on this site. I took it a step further and got a wife with a bit of Spanish blood so it was a win-win. I get the exotic blend of lady who travels well and blends in well here in Seattle.
So true...There are a lot of Brazilians in my hometown in the U.S. and i have to say that i don't think they assimilate very well.I think American culture and Latin culture in general just rub each other the wrong way.There are a lot of behaviors in Brazilian culture that are acceptable in Brazil that wouldn't be in the U.S. and would be seen as hostile or annoying.
se eu soubesse o que eu sei hoje, teria mando mulheres americanas para foder-se há muitos anos.que deus abençoe o brasil!
Tezcatlipoca
Freshman Poster

Post by Tezcatlipoca »

^that's interesting. examples? I know in America one thing that annoys me is that sexual humor is seen as offensive. Another thing is women are much more aggressive and are not shy about initiating sex whereas in America there is more of the "that is a dirty thing and not proper." Ie sex is not seen as a natural part of life that is done out of a sense of fun? a desire to express affection? for example children touching themselves in public is viewed as dirty when they are just exploring their body perhaps you could tuck their hand away and tell them to do that in private rather than slapping their hand and shaming them in public. In general people are less "real" and like to play mind games rather than be truly intimate with one another
Stop being angry at the stuff you don't have (yet) in life and instead focus on how to get it.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

Tezcatlipoca wrote:^that's interesting. examples? I know in America one thing that annoys me is that sexual humor is seen as offensive. Another thing is women are much more aggressive and are not shy about initiating sex whereas in America there is more of the "that is a dirty thing and not proper." Ie sex is not seen as a natural part of life that is done out of a sense of fun? a desire to express affection? for example children touching themselves in public is viewed as dirty when they are just exploring their body perhaps you could tuck their hand away and tell them to do that in private rather than slapping their hand and shaming them in public. In general people are less "real" and like to play mind games rather than be truly intimate with one another
Once you get out of America, you look back and realize that the "American Female Princess Syndrome" is strong and omnipresent. If you combine this with the fact that America is still very puritanical you can conclude that ( with the exception of 18-25 age group) the level of sexual energy, flirting and general interest in talking with members of the opposite sex is surprisingly low in America. It's like we suppress our sexuality and focus on careers instead. Everybody is essentially walled off from each other.

When I visited Rio, one of the local guys told me that one of the favorite sayings down there is "have you cummed today?" LOL. Bit shocking for an American but perfectly normal down in Brazil I guess! So I'm guessing that the Brazilians don't have the same hang ups about sex as we Americans do. I was very envious!

So again, I was 40 years old when I went to Rio. What are the changes of being approached by pretty younger ladies in America at this age? Yup almost zero. In Brazil, one college aged girl came up and asked if she could practice English. She sat at our table and we drank some beers. Her level of interest declined once she found out we were only tourists but at least she made the effort! Another day I was eating all by myself in Copacabana. A lady who sells flowers came over and dropped off a couple of roses on my table. I asked "what is this?" She said the young lady over there bought you flowers. Again, it took me for a shock because this stuff NEVER happens in America. I went over and talked to her. She was a college student sitting their studying. I chatted with her for a bit and then went my way.

But it shows that outside of America, the handcuffs are removed and interaction between the sexes flows naturally. Sadly, we Americans have to deal with the American Princess Syndrome/feminism and this puts a major crimp in the sexual pipeline.