Met some Thai women...

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Enticer
Freshman Poster

Met some Thai women...

Post by Enticer »

In Connecticut...stopped at 2 rest stops on I-95. First stop, a sweet asian girl tried to flag me down to buy candy. I had to shit...so i hit the rest room, then returned to chat. Wow...she was too cute. Then, at the other stops...all the women working in the shops and food areas, were Thai. I was surprised. They were beautiful and so, so sweet.

I pictured Thai women to look like Vietnamese...which I do not find attractive. These women were just lovely...
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Immigration of women into the US is GOOD!

(If you live there)
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Devil Dog
Freshman Poster

Re: Met some Thai women...

Post by Devil Dog »

Enticer wrote:
I pictured Thai women to look like Vietnamese...which I do not find attractive. These women were just lovely...

IMO, on average Thai women are prettier than Vietnamese. Vietnam has 50+ ethnic groups so I am painting with a broad brush with that statement.

However I would rate Vietnamese women as being more conservative and traditional. I rarely noticed Vietnamese women wearing any makeup so that may be a big (and meaningless) of the difference. Almost any woman would be happy to wear some makeup if she has the money and is shown how to do it. I saw some recent college graduation pics of a young Vietnamese friend of mine. She was wearing some makeup and wearing an ao dai and I barely recognized her.
sea_dragon
Freshman Poster

Post by sea_dragon »

A significant number of Thais are of southern Chinese descent, so rather than dealing with Chinese personalities. Thais are on average friendlier than Chinese.
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Post by Bao3niang »

I haven't met anyone Thai so far, but Thailand is on my list of destinations after Vietnam and Malaysia (my friend/mentor David from the UK is moving there soon). My best Chinese girl friend (not girlfriend) is a huge fan of almost everything Thai. If I do date in Thailand (and I do with serious intentions) and it goes to the point of engagement I'm a bit worried because there is the Thai tradition of giving a reverse dowry to the woman's family. I've also read that many Thai women have mama's / papa's girl complexes. So at this point I don't know if Thailand would be a good choice for me if I want something long term, or China / Vietnam / somewhere else etc. would be better. I have heard many horror stories about foreigners who marry Thai women and getting their wallets sucked dry, or is this just the minority?

I'm 3/4 Southern Chinese and 1/4 northern Chinese. My mom's parents are from Xi'an and Chongqing, while my dad's parents are from Hubei and Chongqing respectively. ^^ Maybe somewhere down in my ancestry I have a few drops of Miao blood as well.
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Bao3niang wrote:I haven't met anyone Thai so far, but Thailand is on my list of destinations after Vietnam and Malaysia (my friend/mentor David from the UK is moving there soon). My best Chinese girl friend (not girlfriend) is a huge fan of almost everything Thai. If I do date in Thailand (and I do with serious intentions) and it goes to the point of engagement I'm a bit worried because there is the Thai tradition of giving a reverse dowry to the woman's family. I've also read that many Thai women have mama's / papa's girl complexes. So at this point I don't know if Thailand would be a good choice for me if I want something long term, or China / Vietnam / somewhere else etc. would be better. I have heard many horror stories about foreigners who marry Thai women and getting their wallets sucked dry, or is this just the minority?

I'm 3/4 Southern Chinese and 1/4 northern Chinese. My mom's parents are from Xi'an and Chongqing, while my dad's parents are from Hubei and Chongqing respectively. ^^ Maybe somewhere down in my ancestry I have a few drops of Miao blood as well.
I would say Tujia is more likely, since the Chongqing area was historically occupied by the Ba people, precursors of today's ethnic Tujia.

Anyhow, it really depends on how and where you look. Thailand and Vietnam have seen huge influxes of foreign men coming into to look for spouses, and hence the higher likelihood of scams and heartless money-grubbing. The likelihood is much greater if you are to closely follow the steps of those who had been scammed, such as northern Europeans with Pattaya bar girls and Taiwanese with Saigon mail-oder brides. However, success stories abound as well, and I would not be discouraged or try to look at things too simplistically. Hint: Take the road less traveled. :wink:
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Post by Bao3niang »

Thanks for advice Falcon. As of now my only option is to look for them online because I'm not in a position where I can go there, check out the place and get one on the ground. I've met a few decent Vietnamese females through www.vietnameselove.com and one that does not use the site but was introduced to me on Skype by her friend that contacted me through the website.

My impression of Vietnamese females is that they are intelligent but overall easier to get along than females from big Chinese cities such as Beijing and Shanghai. The ones from the big cities (or are very integrated into urban culture) can still be demanding and materialistic but likely to a lesser degree. Vietnamese females are rapidly becoming more independent and ambitious with many wanting to pursue their own life and have careers of their own, which is a good thing to me as long as they do not become femi-nazied. They are also very family oriented but as I said before I take Genesis 2:24 very seriously and won't tolerate a mama's / papa's girl.

I'm well aware of Vietnamese women scamming foreigners because a 19-year old Chinese-Vietnamese girl (Thi Hua) with Hong Kong roots has warned me about the mercenary attitudes of many urban women in Vietnam and that her friends ("friends") see the pursuit of money as paramount. She told me one of her friends wants to marry straight out of high school to a 21 year old guy that just sits on his bum and does nothing but has a very rich family. Thi Hua is one of my best options.

Maybe I should just come to accept the fact that there will be a medium to extremely high percentage of women almost everywhere that will care a lot about cash. As I said this Anglo-Capitalist disease is spreading more than ever. Marrying for money is one of the most STUPID things anyone can do.

And yes Falcon I agree with you that Vietnamese females put on a lot less makeup or none at all. They look a lot more natural than the Thai females that use many cosmetics on a daily or regular basis. Both Thailand and Vietnam are my options but Vietnam will surely be first. Yes I've already taken a different path than most Chinese who buy a wife from one of those poorer villages who desperately need to support themselves and their families. Prices normally range from 20k to 35k RMB. So I've already entered uncharted territory by knowing and hopefully ending up with the more educated Vietnamese females.

Of course due to recent disputes in the South China Sea there will always be a few dicks that simply place hate on a nation of 1.4 billion people (TW, HK included too) but most of the Vietnamese that harbor negative feelings towards China are just unhappy at the Chinese government and not individuals that happen to be of Chinese ethnicity. I don't like the Chinese government or any government really so consider me a Christian anarchist.

Much at this point is still unknown until I actually get my bum over there. Should I just break it off if there is no chemistry and common ground on Date 1? I'm intelligent but inexperienced :(

Most of the Vietnamese females I consider options are 20+. I consider myself mature in many ways for an 18 year old so I often lean towards older females and older people in general. In the end it isn't always about age but more related to intellectual, spiritual, emotional, and physical compatibility.

Falcon I read that you did great with a wonderful Thai lady from Isaan and a Chinese-Burmese. How is it going with those two ladies now? Have you decided which one you will settle down with? I do date with serious intentions, not just for fun / ego boosting. Since you and xiongmao are the two Thailand experts on this forum I really need advice on getting a good one in Thailand too as its also on my list.

P.S. I have a tendency to write long posts AND please check out my post "Reasons Not To Have A Wedding Ceremony" in the General Discussions section

Thanks and bless you all!

*** I may be fantasizing, but I think the best time to meet a truly good woman is when someone's a young man that has little to no resources of his own. Consider me naive, but my belief is that although his chances may be lower than someone who's more settled, if he can meet a woman that has a good heart and appreciates him for who he is when he has almost nothing, the relationship will be much more likely to last. Once a man is older and has more resources his status will likely be much more evident.

Sex tourists and "gamers" are some of the most disgusting CREATURES on earth. Don't convince me that men and women behave the way they do because of this thing called "evolution." Humans should be higher in every aspect compared to animals because we were created in God's image. We just aren't behaving like it.
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!