I Just Moved To The Philippines

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

Taco wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:
Taco wrote:After almost 2 years in Cebu I finally had no choice but to come home. Me and my wife had to sell our business which was out only source of income. Also, the Philippines is experiencing a drought right now so its extremely hot(45C to 50C with humidity) which was making me sick. I'll start looking for a job soon and apply with Immigration to have my wife and her son come over soon.

I was worried I might have a difficult time finding my flight home at HK airport but I simply followed the trail of dysfunctional women through the airport. First, I noticed a 6'3'' chick(no boyfriend) motoring past airport security. After walking about a mile I realized I was at the correct departure gate when I saw another 6' chick doing aerobics in an attempt to not draw attention to herself with her scorpion tattooed boyfriend looking on. After travelling for 19 hours from HK I was finally home, the jet lag has lasted a week.

I'm not sure what culture shock is worse going to Cebu or coming back home. Its definitely a boner killing experience having to look at the women here again. I had so many teen virgins throwing themselves at me in Cebu it was ridiculous. I went for a walk around the neighborhood yesterday and saw an all woman construction crew roofing a house, its so depressing. Also, having trouble getting used to western food after eating rice twice a day for two years, I miss the mangoes and pineapple already.
sorry to hear. personally i get bored of philippines after a few months. there is something weird about having a wife or girlfriend in philippine it seems so inferior and cheap like its fun time and then i gotta go home eventually lol. it seems like if i had the same girl in america or an american girl id probably enjoy it more since it seemed more legit. call me crazy but philippines seems like a playground where unless it happens in america it seems like a dream and cheap. ideally for me id like to travel around to various countries including back home to america. but thats very expensive to d and you can't hold down a girlfriend if you do that so its either i keep my girlfriend or go run off a lone to thailand and japan and hit up bars which may sound like fun but its also lonely and humiliating.

Ive had the opposite luck financially as you. Im making so much money online im literally shocked. Like literally over 10,000 a month. I never dreamed i get this level. its legally grey area though so im putting most away. thats how i can afford to travel overseas 6 months a year but i dont get cocky and put savigns away.

I was just wondering what type of business do you have?
its not a real business. but the truth is you can't make money online from a real business unless your lucky. even winston has been at it fo years and has a very unique niche and community and probably doesnt make much. what i do is legally grey and risky but the money is good for now. i dont recommend anyone start now cause it may not be good down the road and you have to be knowledgeable on building websites, and many other things. i have very few competitors as a result so big profits :P i didn't start out in this but so many people are trying to make money online its almost impossible now.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

forget trying to learn ways to make money in phil. either have it together before you get here or go back home like a sane individual.

I knew my income was risky and up and down so ive always kept america as my base.

taco you made hte mistake of not having it together before you got here. foreigners who live off savigns or a pipe dream wont last usually. and living like a filipino will leave you depressed and wanting to go back to lol
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

taco you made hte mistake of not having it together before you got here. foreigners who live off savigns or a pipe dream wont last usually. and living like a filipino will leave you depressed and wanting to go back to lol
Most people will not be prepared financially or otherwise for what they experience in the Philippines.

My last week in the Philippines I saw a guy get shot to death with the shooter standing in my driveway with a .357 in his hand and my wife yelling at me to get back in the house.

I also experienced the worst typhoon ever(>7000 dead), 7.2 earthquake, neighbors eating dogs, 45C everyday, brownouts, ants, lice, roaches, spiders, snakes, centipedes, rats, bats, roosters crowing at 2am, malnutrition, sickness, crowds, visa problems, being lied to everyday, lousy customer service etc....
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Taco wrote:
Most people will not be prepared financially or otherwise for what they experience in the Philippines.

My last week in the Philippines I saw a guy get shot to death with the shooter standing in my driveway with a .357 in his hand and my wife yelling at me to get back in the house.

I also experienced the worst typhoon ever(>7000 dead), 7.2 earthquake, neighbors eating dogs, 45C everyday, brownouts, ants, lice, roaches, spiders, snakes, centipedes, rats, bats, roosters crowing at 2am, malnutrition, sickness, crowds, visa problems, being lied to everyday, lousy customer service etc....
thats because you live out the rural areas and live like a filipino which was my point originally. money is power and if you dont have it your stuck with all the other common folks. My bargirls neighborhood was bad like that which is why i used to never go there back in the day. Not sure where you live but most sane foreigners recommend only condos or hotels. Some think gated communites are ok but im not so sure about even those. Most gated communities are not that secure but its better than living like a filipino. I live in cebu in a hotel and only take taxi LOL. Thats why someone has to have it together before even thinking of moving here. and to be honest even living like a rich person sort of like i do and being cautious is still putting me at risk on occassion. this whole p***y paradise label is becoming overrated. im questioning if its even worth coming back anymore. thailand is more appealing but their toughening visa requirements and now they have martial law lol
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Taco wrote:

thats because you live this whole p***y paradise label is becoming overrated. im questioning if its even worth coming back anymore.
Cebu is definitely a p***y paradise but dealing with all the other crap becomes tiring after a while. There's so many single women looking for a boyfriend I don't know how the hookers make any money.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Taco wrote:

thats because you live out the rural areas and live like a filipino which was my point originally. money is power and if you dont have it your stuck with all the other common folks. My bargirls neighborhood was bad like that which is why i used to never go there back in the day. Not sure where you live but most sane foreigners recommend only condos or hotels. Some think gated communites are ok but im not so sure about even those. Most gated communities are not that secure but its better than living like a filipino. I live in cebu in a hotel and only take taxi LOL. Thats why someone has to have it together before even thinking of moving here. and to be honest even living like a rich person sort of like i do and being cautious is still putting me at risk on occassion. this whole p***y paradise label is becoming overrated. im questioning if its even worth coming back anymore. thailand is more appealing but their toughening visa requirements and now they have martial law lol
It sounds like a whole different world living in the countryside. I stay at condo in good area of Makati and life here is pretty safe, cheap, and comfortable. The condos in this area have very good security. When I go out and about in Makati, I so far have witnessed a lot less conflict and aggression than I did when staying in Bangkok.

Every time I visit the provincial areas, especially when not in a city, I can only last a couple days. Lack of good food, comfort, etc. are very hard to handle if you are used to what the best areas of Mega Manila offer. Even Cebu (IT Park area, Fuente, or Ayala area) are a visible step down and not as comfortable. Davao City is nice thanks to the low cost and safety. But it lacks a lot comfort and convenience wise and the people are harder to relate to than many in Mega Manila.

When I go out to the real sticks, I get treated very well. But, it's just so uncomfortable and boring. I honestly don't know how a first worlder like Taco could survive so long out there. And yes, it can be dangerous. There may not be as much random crime like some areas of Manila area, but if you make an enemy while staying long term in rural area who's determined to get you, you have next to no protection. You are totally exposed unless you have your own great connections.

As far as women are concerned, I personally have better luck in Mega Manila area than Cebu. Both can be good but I have just met more kind and giving types in the capital. And there's a much wider and diverse selection here (including many from other parts of the country) plus more educated types too. Oh, I also definitely never got the vibe that pretty young girls in Cebu or about anywhere else in Philippines I saw around and about were giving me the eye or flirting with me. Certain very poor types or ladyboys may openly flirt with me. But general mainstream gals, no, at least not to my knowledge. I always felt that girls I met would require me to make the first move. But maybe that's just me. Perhaps you other guys have more appeal there.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Taco wrote:
Taco wrote:

thats because you live this whole p***y paradise label is becoming overrated. im questioning if its even worth coming back anymore.
Cebu is definitely a p***y paradise but dealing with all the other crap becomes tiring after a while. There's so many single women looking for a boyfriend I don't know how the hookers make any money.
Good point and since my girlfriend was a bargirl she told me that she only used to get customers who were new to the philippines, like me. She never told me why except saying they were crazy or something. I think the real reason is the guys living there are generally cheaper and she can't fool them over cause its so easy for them to get girls since they been living there. She used to say i learn about white guys its easy for htem to get alot of girls. a guy that is new to the country or a quick vacation like me has no clue and time to want to court a regular girl. so it easier for them to con. Ive noticed the expats who live there when they go to the bar they rarely actually barfine. most of the time they just drink or hang out. even the guys who aren't living there but come in their frequently dont barfine everyday cause they quickly catch on they dont need to pay. im not sure why winston goes to only bars when he was living there all these years. youd think hed have multiple girlfriends he wouldn't have to pay.

im not sure what to do in 2015. im thinking of staying home. I also might hit up a higher caliber dating site like filipnocupid or somethign cause dateinasia is really bad choices. I think nxt time im just not gonna look for an instant girlfriend and just focus on my work and go on casual dates even if it is a bit lonely. but maybe they are all the same on each site? I dont really want to go to bars either after my bargirl experience and i would like a relationship but im not living here permanently so its hard to have a relationship cause when you go home you dont know what they are doing and its hard to keep it going. also id like to visit thailand and japan if i ever leave the country in the future so i have something to look forward to. but that will get lonely after a few days too even if i hit up the bars. i dont want to visit AGAIN just to visit some girl or go on some dates or only for bars, id like to see some other countries so i have something to look forward to next year. Im not sure what to do LOL
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Rock wrote:
Taco wrote:

It sounds like a whole different world living in the countryside. I stay at condo in good area of Makati and life here is pretty safe, cheap, and comfortable. The condos in this area have very good security. When I go out and about in Makati, I so far have witnessed a lot less conflict and aggression than I did when staying in Bangkok.

Every time I visit the provincial areas, especially when not in a city, I can only last a couple days. Lack of good food, comfort, etc. are very hard to handle if you are used to what the best areas of Mega Manila offer. Even Cebu (IT Park area, Fuente, or Ayala area) are a visible step down and not as comfortable. Davao City is nice thanks to the low cost and safety. But it lacks a lot comfort and convenience wise and the people are harder to relate to than many in Mega Manila.

When I go out to the real sticks, I get treated very well. But, it's just so uncomfortable and boring. I honestly don't know how a first worlder like Taco could survive so long out there. And yes, it can be dangerous. There may not be as much random crime like some areas of Manila area, but if you make an enemy while staying long term in rural area who's determined to get you, you have next to no protection. You are totally exposed unless you have your own great connections.

As far as women are concerned, I personally have better luck in Mega Manila area than Cebu. Both can be good but I have just met more kind and giving types in the capital. And there's a much wider and diverse selection here (including many from other parts of the country) plus more educated types too. Oh, I also definitely never got the vibe that pretty young girls in Cebu or about anywhere else in Philippines I saw around and about were giving me the eye or flirting with me. Certain very poor types or ladyboys may openly flirt with me. But general mainstream gals, no, at least not to my knowledge. I always felt that girls I met would require me to make the first move. But maybe that's just me. Perhaps you other guys have more appeal there.

Same here its not teh pretty girls or educated types that do that. its usually girls at 6 or below OR very poor or just going through school. Ive only passed through manila briefly but many seemed nice there too its hard to get a guage but cebu women are probably easier but luzon women are probably more sophisticated. angeles women, non prostitutes were very friendly also.

its probably cause your asian, im white but I hear you i can go through the mall and not get that many stares i think its over exaggerated. but many average or attractive women look at me and may occassionally give me the f**k eye look but its not too obvious and i still have to make the first move and its usually not the hot girls or the real cute young girls its more of the average or poor types. if i had game it would be easy but i dont. so id be stuck with dating sites. if i was so good approaching random women and theyd fall in love with e that easy i might as well be in america. but im not good looking or good enough personality to start approaching random women even in a place like phil. ive usually been with a women though so maybe if i started going alone i could eventually do that in phil but it would be a struggle with my confidence lol

hotel is cheap in cebu can't aford manila.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Rock wrote:
Taco wrote:

Same here its not teh pretty girls or educated types that do that. its usually girls at 6 or below OR very poor or just going through school. Ive only passed through manila briefly but many seemed nice there too its hard to get a guage but cebu women are probably easier but luzon women are probably more sophisticated. angeles women, non hoes were very friendly also.

its probably cause your asian, im white but I hear you i can go through the mall and not get that many stares i think its over exaggerated. but many average or attractive women look at me and may occassionally give me the f**k eye look but its not too obvious and i still have to make the first move and its usually not the hot girls or the real cute young girls its more of the average or poor types. if i had game it would be easy but i dont. so id be stuck with dating sites. if i was so good approaching random women and theyd fall in love with e that easy i might as well be in america. but im not good looking or good enough personality to start approaching random women even in a place like phil. ive usually been with a women though so maybe if i started going alone i could eventually do that in phil but it would be a struggle with my confidence lol

hotel is cheap in cebu can't aford manila.
I'm white tho Falcon and Winston have given me honorary Taiwanese status lol.

Even though attractive girls don't flirt with me or give me the eye, I have found that dating prospects are quite good compared to other countries I've been too. If a girl is not attracted to you at first, it's possible in many cases to court her a bit and turn her around.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

I've had women flirt with me almost everywhere except at church and the immigration office. However, the place I get the most attention is down at the fruit and vegetable stands. These women are teens, dirt poor and are very easily impressed, some of them are cute. If you can't get a girlfriend at the market there's something seriously wrong with you.

Filipinos are not very big and generally not violent the only exception is when their drunk. Cock fights and fiestas can be dangerous places because there's so many drunk guys and when they lose money gambling they can flip out and attack. That's how a guy got shot and then ran down my driveway bleeding to death with the shooter chasing him. If you make Filipino guys feel bad for any reason its your fault and you can expect the worst.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: I Just Moved To The Philippines

Post by Taco »

2015 Update

I went back to Canada to work for 8 months last May 2014. For the second time in less than 3 years I moved back to Cebu on January 27, 2015. I quit my $21.38/hour factory job(without notice) packed my suitcase and made a run for the airport. There's an ever increasing amount of bad news coming from Canada and around the western world for my liking that cannot be ignored by any sane person that's been paying attention. Yes, everyone that personally knows me thinks I'm a nutcase, I don't care.

I know most of the guys on this forum are obsessed with getting drunk and laid. However, I strongly suggest you find a safe country to live in soon because there's not much time left before North America becomes the largest province of Russia or China, take your pick. However, before that happens your probably going to lose everything you own. I'm telling you this because its going to happen. I wish I could be there to console you but I'll be on the beach in Cebu eating pineapple while your eating GMO's and depleted uranium in a FEMA camp while being guarded by transsexual, feminist, illegal aliens .

Video Rebel knows what he's talking about.

2015: America’s Time is Running Out. Got Something to do? Do it Now.
https://vidrebel.wordpress.com/2014/12/ ... do-it-now/

Every Time I Look The News Gets worse. Not Much Time Left.
https://vidrebel.wordpress.com/2015/01/ ... time-left/

Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Taco dont be mad cause you can't hack it in the west.
DDuana
Freshman Poster

Post by DDuana »

Seriously, I am glad that you have found bliss, Taco, but there is no need to wish the collapse of civilization on north america, lol. It is still by far the most opportunity-laden place on earth. If I do not have a big house to upkeep, I would be on the next plane to Asia.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:Taco dont be mad cause you can't hack it in the west.
I'm not mad and I was making good money back home too. To be honest I didn't want to go back to Cebu. However, there was just too much bad news that could not be ignored. A few days after I arrived they came out with this wonderful piece of legislation.

Canada's New Anti-Terrorism Laws
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=25987

The warning signs are there choose to ignore them at your own peril.

Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Taco wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:Taco dont be mad cause you can't hack it in the west.
I'm not mad and I was making good money back home too. To be honest I didn't want to go back to Cebu. However, there was just too much bad news that could not be ignored. A few days after I arrived they came out with this wonderful piece of legislation.

Canada's New Anti-Terrorism Laws
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=25987

The warning signs are there choose to ignore them at your own peril.

Taco you have become delusional. I thought you had no income in the philippines how do you expect to survive?