My Greek friend says hardest place in EU is better than US

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the European Countries.
Winston
Site Admin

My Greek friend says hardest place in EU is better than US

Post by Winston »

A Greek-Italian friend of mine, a playboy type, said below in an email to me that the hardest place to meet girls in Europe is STILL better than the best place to meet girls in the US, which in his experience was at Barnes and Noble. LOL Imagine that!

Here is what he wrote:
thanks Winston

you seem like Socrates , in the cave , that turned around and show light when everybody looks into the shades

Italy although of the toughest place to date in europe , seems a easy as a cake compared to the only decent place to meet that may be Barnes and Noble coffee in the us in order to meet some minimum intellectual quality
This weekend I will be in stockholm , but do appreciate that in North europe , usually dating is associated to alcohol consumption , not the case here in the south

in 3 weeks I will be in Kiev , my first outing to the east this year wish me lack :) or are you coming over

and end of the year to Senegal in africa , where dating is how is should be in theory ,

smiling , liking , meeting , touching , first foto only for you please
Last edited by Winston on April 24th, 2011, 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

firethrower1000
Freshman Poster

very true

Post by firethrower1000 »

i heard italy is still a little hard for a place compared other places in europe...but compared to america italy wins no contest...america is basically impossible to get a girl naturaly if she can be gotten that is...Also i realised that even Belgium has become almost like france...Meaning that america has a bad influence on teenage kids making young teenage girls snobby but but they are still very much easy to get...But since i am 20 I HAVE IT EASIER WITH OLDER 18 year old girls which are way easier....BUT france and Belgium still rank in the easiest places i know to get dates...But filipines reamains and probably always will be the BEST.....MAN, i am going to start saving money to to filipines after everything i heard i already love the place....LOL I AM GOOD AT IMAGINING THINGS SO IT HELPS
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi Loris,
There is a Belgium guy here in Angeles City selling chocolates on the street. He is young, tall and good looking. Mr S saw him too and was shocked to see a white guy peddling stuff on the street here. I think he's the only one.

I have no idea why he's here, but I'll ask him sometime. He makes his own chocolates and they taste good. Anyway, one time I ran into him and told him about you and that you said that Belgium girls were approachable and easy to chat up and meet. He shaked his head and said "I don't think so." I wonder why he has a different opinion? Perhaps he's comparing the girls in Belgium with the Philippines?

I don't know. But I have his cell number. Maybe I can ask his email and give it to you so you can ask him about what it's like here, from your fellow compatriot's perspective? You want?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
firethrower1000
Freshman Poster

reply to winston

lol i bet he does, Belgium has the best Chocolates and Waffles in the world...I almost eat a variety of chocolate every week...HHMMM yes i wonder why he has a different opinion too? But that deppends on his age and when was the last time he was in Belgium, but he might be right i believe it has become alot harder since i left it to go to america in 2004....When i compare it to america it is so much easier that its no contest...I remember around 2001 and 2003 the young girls were no problem to get and date, but i was in middle school back then so it changed alot i guess...now about america it still chocking how hard it became for me to even chat up a girl was...I was confused too because back in belgium i used to start french kissing young white girls at age 13 and 14 so the reason why i felt it was my fault for not being able to do the same thing in america was that i was in high school there...So i thought it must have been this teenage period we all go through not knowing or forgetting who we really are and who we used to be...BUT like you said the problem wasn't me it was America, the U.S is a very mental health disturbing dimension compared to other countries...

About the belgium guy yes i would like his Email to ask him how it is compare to here, great idea
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Well he looks young and is tall and clean cut. I think he's somewhere in his mid 20's. I texted him today and he called me and said that his email was messed up and had to get another one and would text me when he did.

Do most Belgium guys get along with each other easily? Does being from the same culture create a connection usually between them, the way it does with Spanish guys?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi Loris,
About that Belgium guy. I met him again yesterday and he is kind of strange. He doesn't seem to have any internet skills and claims he has no time to establish another email address. It seems suspicious, perhaps he just doesn't want to receive any emails from strangers, even his own countrymen. Plus when I offered to buy him a drink and talk, he refused and wanted to sell his chocolates on the street instead. He's obviously not a very sociable guy and it seems his only interest is in selling chocolates, which he sells at high prices too. Plus, he doesn't seem very bright or educated, and his reasons for coming here aren't clear. So maybe he's not good material for you to ask info about. He doesn't even seem bright and his English is kind of primitive.

I guess, as they say, this town really attracts f**k ups. lol

Whether I am one of those f**k ups here, is a matter of opinion of course. But at least I make sense, whereas most people don't. lol

firethrower1000
Freshman Poster

HMMM he's an odd felow

Thats too bad he is obviously strange, Belgians are very sociable its very odd that he acted i such a way...

Do most Belgium guys get along with each other easily? Yes they usually do. Does being from the same culture create a connection usually between them, the way it does with Spanish guys? I never really compared the social interactions of both groups but i would say yes its almost basically the same,almost....

Since moving to the philipines do you feel your life is more balanced? compared to the US were you simply lacked the neverending spiritual and social growth? You know going to America just for a better job is not always the wisest decision anyone could make especially if that person values what you and i value the most a (SOCIAL, LOVE life )

Obesity must have really chocked your eyes when going back to america from Russia It was a big difference right? its like in the US the junk food is for the average and poor citizens and the Healthy organic food remains expensive to serve ony the rich....well in foreing countries everything asides from mcdonalds are healthy and sheap wouldn't you agree?

PLUS i believe that junk food is making their antisocial isolated life even more depressing leaving them tired
globetrotter
Experienced Poster

Re: HMMM he's an odd felow

Post by globetrotter »

Loris wrote:Obesity must have really chocked your eyes when going back to america from Russia It was a big difference right? its like in the US the junk food is for the average and poor citizens and the Healthy organic food remains expensive to serve ony the rich....well in foreing countries everything asides from mcdonalds are healthy and sheap wouldn't you agree?

PLUS i believe that junk food is making their antisocial isolated life even more depressing leaving them tired
One of the major reasons I moved from the USSA and the Kingdom of Obama.

You cannot escape the bad food in America. Even if I ate veggies and fruits and cook at home, there is still something wrong and off about the food that I did not taste while in Mexico. Even the organic food is becoming corrupted with GMO genetically modified foods and you cannot escape it. The food in all restaurants is tainted - eat the beef or chicken in an expensive steakhouse and it just has this synthetic quality to it, like it is left-handed and designed by a committee of government computer engineers.

Since living in China I have lost about 20 pounds/10 kilos and the food here tastes almost as good as that in Mexico, and it is just as good, real and healthy.

I eat less, I don't get cravings for anything, they don't have crap or preservatives or stabilisers or high fructose corn syrup in even store bought backed goods, so one does not get cravings for them nor feel weird after eating them.

The food air and water supply in the USA is tainted and the only solution is to leave the country.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

Globetrotter, have you been to SW China provinces? My coworker used to live in Chengdu and he says the girls there are hot and act different from other parts of China. More like SE Asian girls than NE Asian ones. Any comments? I may visit there myself for a week or two to see if its true or not.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Think Different
Junior Poster

Post by Think Different »

Globetrotter, I noticed your comment about Chinese food. I LOVE Chinese food and the wonderful variety in the different regions of China. Here's the catch: whenever I eat Chinese food in the US, I get sick. I don't know what the hell they do to it, but it tastes mass-produced and cheap. Even with all the dire warnings about eating food in Asia, I never once got sick and the food was incredible. I just can't wait to go back to visit, even though my wife has no interest. Meanwhile, we stick with Japanese food, which tends to always be good here.
have2fly
Junior Poster

Great Post about food

Post by have2fly »

Since my arrival to the USA I was completely shocked with food quality! And how much weight I was gaining at fast rate was INSANE! The same happened to work and travel students I met - all of those beautiful girls gained 10-15 pounds over the summer while they stayed in the US.

You guys are SO SO right about not being able to escape it. I mean, I love chicken and even organic chicken does not compare to regular chicken sold at French supermarkets. Chinese food tastes like synthetic in the US, I totally agree!

Oh yes, no one in France (Ukraine or Russia) goes to workout. I mean some people do, but probably about 5% of population, not more. If you ever eat with French or Ukrainians or Russians, you see that they consume 3-4 portions of salads and baked red meat with beer or wine or vodka, lots of bread and cakes, pies, tortes. Girls love to eat chocolate with champagne in Ukraine and they stay FIT without spending a single day in the gym! However, I have a female Russian friend in the US, who is a local model. She is working at the fitness club and works out every day. But she broke a leg once and was staying at home for a month, she didn't eat much, but gained a whooping 20 pounds in 1 month!!!!!! When I saw her, I laughed and it made her cry. So food in the USA is poison, that's why people are FAT, not because they are lazy or eat too much.

I am not sure if you guys are aware of Fulbright scholar exchange program, I am sure some of you at least heard about it. It was established by William Fulbright, who was a U.S. senator back in 60's. So in relation to this topic, Fulbright also proposed so called "Chicken Tax" to ban European trucks from entering U.S. market after European countries BANNED imports of U.S. made chicken. The reason France and Germany banned US chicken was HUGE amount of all kinds of antibiotics, hormones etc. Wow, what a wise decision!

I say Europe actually cares about its citizens and guess what America cares about? Money. Nothing else. People in America are led into poisonous food that makes them obese and sick and no one cares because Monsanto and others making BIG bucks and pay politicians. Here is some more info:
Subsequently, the Dutch accused the U.S. of dumping chickens at prices below cost of production.[10] The French government banned U.S. chicken and raised concerns that hormones could affect male virility.[10] German farmers' associations accused U.S. poultrymen of artificially fattening chicken with arsenic.[10] In fact, U.S. chicken farmers, with Food and Drug Administration approval, had treated chicken feed with antimony, arsenic compounds, or estrogen hormones to stimulate growth.[10]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicken_tax

I can also add that in Europe there are more than 2 types of music on the radio. You know, in the US there is only hip-hop and alternative rock. I grew up listening to dance music, besides Chicago, no one in the Midwest knows who is Tiesto or Armin Van Buuren. Enigma, another amazing project no one heard of. Music is just one of the examples, there are hundreds of others. How many people that live in Wisconsin have crossed border to go to Canada? Maybe about 2-3% of population :) And how many Americans actually know and care about politics in Canada, their major trading partner? Almost none. Amazing... everyone lives in a shallow brain prison and don't even want to realize it.

Movie 'Matrix' is the best about US population. I wish someone would distribute red pills to Americans, so they wake and see that their life, their relationship, their family and their interests are SO shallow that they mean completely nothing and their lives are just useless bricks in a huge machine of consumption and obesity.
Think Different
Junior Poster

Post by Think Different »

Don't forget that people in other cultures also walk a lot more than Americans, which reduces weight gain.

As for the radio, you cannot imagine how excited I was, when I moved to Colorado and found a full-time JAZZ/Big-Band station on the radio! Tough to find those in the US anymore. I remember in Russia how excited the Russians were to hear I was from the US and all they wanted to talk about was jazz music. Very strange to this American's ears, but wonderful at the same time.

Now in the age of iPhone, I have an app that lets me listen to 1000s of radio stations from around the world, including some of my favorites, from when I lived overseas. Yeah!

Oh, and check out the movie "Idiocracy", if you haven't seen it. It's a huge wake-up call to the stupidity of American pop culture, and where our society is headed.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

This is my experience also. When I go to Europe I lose the 15 pounds I don't need in two months. In the U.S. I work out religiously (though limited in what I can do aerobiocally by a bad knee), get most of what I eat from Whole Foods (aka "Whole Paycheck"), so presumably am getting the most untainted food on offer in the U.S., and it's all I can do to keep my weight from ballooning even more. I thought all the walking in Europe was what made me lose the unwanted weight, but maybe it's also the quality of the food.

Fulbright is the sort of principled politician we don't have in the U.S. any more, though it sounds like his protectionism was a bit misdirected in the case of the chickens. Tocqueville noted 175 years ago how intellectually disengaged Americans are, and it's gotten dramatically worse in the last 40 years. And surely it's the most provincial population in the developed world. Ninety-nine percent of Americans not only couldn't tell you the name of Canada's prime minister, they probably couldn't even find the country on a map. But they don't want to hear about this -- I can tell you that for a fact.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

RedDog wrote: Oh, and check out the movie "Idiocracy", if you haven't seen it. It's a huge wake-up call to the stupidity of American pop culture, and where our society is headed.
I saw Idiocracy for the first time in August, '08, and was switching back and forth between it and Sarah Palin's acceptance speech at the Republican convention. As the crowd went crazy cheering Palin's every hackneyed, brain-dead talking point, it was clearer than ever to me that we already live in Idiocracy. It is a fantastic movie, which was basically buried in the U.S. because it gets much too close to the uncomfortable truth that we've become a nation of morons. Highly recommend.
have2fly
Junior Poster

yep

Post by have2fly »

Don't forget that people in other cultures also walk a lot more than Americans, which reduces weight gain.
Totally right! Boy, I missed that walk in the city center. In the US, there is like NO city center. It just simply does not exist. There is downtown where people work and at night there are 2-3 streets (even in Chicago) where some clubs and bars are. Otherwise, the city is dead. Millenium park downtown Chicago closes something like 9:00pm. The longest nightclubs are open till 4-5:00am in Chicago, most close around 2-3:00am. In Wisconsin, all bars (there are only a few clubs in the whole state) close at 2:00am. HOW surprised was I to see that even tiny cities in France have GREAT nightclubs that stay open until 7:00 am!!! :) Not that I would ever stay that late, but that's just how it should be I think.
Oh, and check out the movie "Idiocracy", if you haven't seen it. It's a huge wake-up call to the stupidity of American pop culture, and where our society is headed.
I've seen it like 2 years ago and it made me very sad at the beginning, because I really wanted to live in the USA. But I agreed with the movie completely and I am surprised how is that it never made national news? That movie is like Sicko from Michael Moore - it revealed America AS it IS.
This is my experience also. When I go to Europe I lose the 15 pounds I don't need in two months. In the U.S. I work out religiously (though limited in what I can do aerobiocally by a bad knee), get most of what I eat from Whole Foods (aka "Whole Paycheck"), so presumably am getting the most untainted food on offer in the U.S., and it's all I can do to keep my weight from ballooning even more.
LMAO :) Whole paycheck :) Yea, I switched to Trader Joe's - Whole Foods - Local Farm markets during the summer combo long ago. But Americans feed McDonalds to little babies, like 2 years old. WTF do they expect? Healthy children? Jesus! My eyes hurt when 350 lbs mommy covered with tattoos give a Double Quarter Pounder to 200 lbs "kid" who is only 10 years old. I just want to puke and cry.
To afford Whole Foods you have to be making like $60 000 a year and be single. Otherwise, it takes like $1000 bucks a month to really shop there. But there is still weight gain, so even being rich does not give you certain pleasures ALL people get while living in EU or other countries.
Ninety-nine percent of Americans not only couldn't tell you the name of Canada's prime minister, they probably couldn't even find the country on a map. But they don't want to hear about this -- I can tell you that for a fact.
I know :) I actually asked many people these questions. Americans get shocked by someone even asking those questions, because like ahhhh, why even bother? And how could I ask something different from "How are you?" and "Have you seen a game yesterday?". Boy, I hate both SO much. First of all, why do I absolutely "HAVE TO" see some stupid game that really makes no sense in my life? Second, why bother asking "How am I" and not really caring what I respond? Try respond something like "Not good" or "OMG, I am in trouble". Yeaaaahhh... right :) No one will ever talk to you any more because you HAVE TO respond "Good" to howareyou question.
Ah, I just love how cashiers at Best Buy wish me a "Good Day" at 8:30pm, when its dark outside :) Yea, I will have a "Great Day". Just show that they don't care at all and say it automatically. That's how they live their life as well - automatically. :roll: