Would You Run From a Girl Like This or give it a chance?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Pangea
Freshman Poster

Would You Run From a Girl Like This or give it a chance?

Post by Pangea »

I met a girl online (international dating website). She lives in Central America. We started chatting via Skype. In our second Skype chat she mentioned she had considered going to the U.S. illegally. Have no idea how she planned to do it or IF she would have ever really try it.

Would you run from a girl like this right away, even if she appeared to like you? I know the type of girl I am capable of getting and I don't think I am shooting out of my league. Of course, if all (or mostly) what she wants is a green card than I am not interested.

When I asked her if she was really just trying to meet a guy to get into another country she said something like, "Well, that was something I thought about but never did anything about. I certainly would not need a man/boyfriend if I wanted to do that."
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

She seems

(1) Honest
(2) Wild / adventurous / a risk-taker
(3) Wants to come to the US

Not what I'm PERSONALLY looking for in a wife right now, but nothing real bad either.

If she's attractive, you should put her on your short list to meet in person, spend a day or two and get to know her.
Pangea
Freshman Poster

Post by Pangea »

Jester wrote:She seems

(1) Honest
(2) Wild / adventurous / a risk-taker
(3) Wants to come to the US

Not what I'm PERSONALLY looking for in a wife right now, but nothing real bad either.

If she's attractive, you should put her on your short list to meet in person, spend a day or two and get to know her.
Thanks for the reply. As for point No. 2 above, she does not seem wild/adventurous in the normal sense. More or less a hard working woman, good values, even goes to church, etc. To the extent you can judge these things from far. But I understand what you are saying...a risk taker in that she entertained the idea of leaving her country on her own , etc.
Max_09
Freshman Poster

Post by Max_09 »

nice post.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

It is impossible to know a woman only after some internet chat and emails.

If interested meet her in her country and see yourself with your own eyes, what she is doing, how is her living area, her living standard, the people next to her.

It makes also sense to look for another internet contact in another city or even in another country near to her country and visit both, so you can compare.

Never mind the result, at least you had a nice vacation.

Do not expect too much out of an internet relationship. However internet helps you to meet many people from abroad you otherwise could not meet easily in your life.
pandabear
Veteran Poster

Post by pandabear »

If it were I, I would still be intrigued. You need to think, too, in terms of what you have to offer a woman. Perhaps you have found that you have very little to offer that would be of much interest to an American woman. But, for a foreign woman, you can offer (perhaps) a materially-better life in America. This would contribute towards making your value in the mating market quite a bit higher. Use it to your advantage. It is up to you, whether you like her or not.
Grunt
Junior Poster

Post by Grunt »

I had to shell out thousands of dollars to get my wife citizenship, so some skank admitting she has contempt for American law would be an instant deal-breaker.
How to deal with newbies that talk much but do little.

Pics or it didn't happen.

YES/NO

Cool story, bro.

Problem solved.