Another shooting in the US.

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

droid wrote:
pandabear wrote:Roosh just got raked over the coals.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3w-5-b4mhM
Ha, she's so intellectually dishonest. But it's to be expected. About every conceivable red-herring is thrown in around 6 minutes.
Of course she is not even aware of it.
I agree. Almost everything said was emotional rhetoric, half-truths, or not based on logic. A reasonable person could see that Elliot Rodger was also a victim. He didn't just wake up and decide to go on a rampage. He was driven to what he did because his experiences drove him to a form of madness. When people fail to recognize that he's a victim ignores a critical part of the problem that doesn't allow a real solution to actually tackle the issue.

Society has become more dangerous which is proven by Elliot Rodger and all the recent violent news stories. It's all because of a toxic society. It's dangerous to be anywhere because nowhere is really safe anymore in America. That is the end result when a civilization decays to the point of anarchy, disorder, and moral depravity. Bullying keeps increasing in consistency and severity in schools. Violence and sex riddles the Western pop-culture. Religion and morals are being purged from the West. Misandry and anti-men sentiment is everywhere in the West. Narcissistic reality television shows normalize bad and irresponsible behavior. Gender roles and social truths are being deconstructed in the West to make them seem like relative. All are symptoms of a toxic and insane society that will only grow progressively worse with more madmen and madwomen.

This is what happens when nations decay:
http://www.probe.org/site/c.fdKEIMNsEoG ... ns_Die.htm
http://www.lost-history.com/fallofrome.php
http://biblicalfalseprophet.com/2014/05 ... d-nations/
http://www.novelguide.com/reportessay/s ... se-nations
http://ancienthistory.about.com/od/fall ... megibb.htm
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

I don't think it was all external but probably 50/50. He could've snapped for some other frustration, professional or otherwise.
Bullying keeps increasing in consistency and severity in schools
Even at my university here in FL (this was years ago), the professor put this blonde chick on the spot by asking people if they thought she was cute. The 100+ bastards started ganging up on her saying she was hideous, etc, etc. Even some b!tches in nursing-school uniforms were saying it, asking me "haven't you seen her? shes awful" (she wasn't). Heck you would think someone in "nursing" would care about others...
The level of douchebaggery is absurd.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

zacb wrote:
Cornfed wrote:It is events like this that vindicate the position of most posters here of recognizing there are serious problems with modern society, identifying the problems and trying to come up with solutions.
give this man a drink :)

on another note [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oybAUKZh ... BC252GHy3w[/youtube]
This guy makes some seemingly brilliant points in this in-depth analysis. I only watched the first few minutes then the last 10 or so minutes. I nothing else, watch the tail end.

First take-away I get from all this - don't have a child unless you are fully committed to doing all it will take and commit your life fully to the task for next two decades or so. If you bring a child into the world and do not strongly parent (imprint), it can likely lead to another suffering misguided life. There's nothing wrong with not having children if you are not up to it.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Rock wrote:First take-away I get from all this - don't have a child unless you are fully committed to doing all it will take and commit your life fully to the task for next two decades or so. If you bring a child into the world and do not strongly parent (imprint), it can likely lead to another suffering misguided life. There's nothing wrong with not having children if you are not up to it.
I think that's becoming more and more of us, over time. Many of us come from semi-functional or dysfunctional nuclear families.

Without a healthy extended family in place, it's highly unlikely that a child will grow up sane because unlike back in my youth, there's no cyberspace/social network of ppl to compete against. Without that big happy family to go back to, online is all there is for a kid which is not reassuring.

In addition, homeschooling, which may have been a luxury in the 70s to 90s, is a near must today, as the Facebook harassment is only escalating over the years. I don't see how sending a kid to a normal K-12, being taunted by @ssholes on the net, in addition to the hallways, is suppose to help the kid socialize and do well in academics? Yet, most parents are completely oblivious to these issues and expect that their kids will fit in, over time.

Plus, homeschooling means being able to work from home, occasionally. Many ppl are in offices for more than 50 hours per week.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

Falcon wrote:For example, I've been realizing that people in many developing countries bond together so much because poor people NEED each other to survive and form mutual safety nets. In developing countries, they do not, since forming large, close-knit social networks can become a burden and liability rather than help.
This^

I have a good relationship with the Italian American community where I currently live, and sometimes I get into deep conversations with the older Italian Americans about how this country use to be 50+ years ago.

The older Italians lived completely different lives compared to the younger Italians today. Back in the day, and not just for Italians, but for everybody, it was all about family, and the community. People use to meet at each others homes and cook big dinners that were home cooked and fresh from their own garden. This doesn't happen anymore.

Somewhere along the way, as people got more money, this country got richer, and more roads and homes were built, people moved out of the city that was rich in culture and family into the into the vast dead suburbs and started the suburban way of life that now is the symbol of success.
Last edited by NorthAmericanguy on May 29th, 2014, 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

NorthAmericanguy wrote:Somewhere along the way, as people got more money, this country got richer, and more roads and homes were built, people moved out of the city that was rich in culture and family into the into the vast dead suburbs and started the suburban way of life that now is this symbol of success.
Yes, the suburbanization of society in the 50s, when people were bribed to split from their extended families and communities in order to profit from rising suburban house prices and far-flung guvcorp jobs was when the West lost its way.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

Rock wrote:
zacb wrote:
Cornfed wrote:It is events like this that vindicate the position of most posters here of recognizing there are serious problems with modern society, identifying the problems and trying to come up with solutions.
give this man a drink :)

on another note [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oybAUKZh ... BC252GHy3w[/youtube]
This guy makes some seemingly brilliant points in this in-depth analysis. I only watched the first few minutes then the last 10 or so minutes. I nothing else, watch the tail end.

First take-away I get from all this - don't have a child unless you are fully committed to doing all it will take and commit your life fully to the task for next two decades or so. If you bring a child into the world and do not strongly parent (imprint), it can likely lead to another suffering misguided life. There's nothing wrong with not having children if you are not up to it.
I just heard on the radio that the spokesman for the family of Elliot Rodger said that the parents are shells of their former selves and they walk around incoherent and mumbling. In this case, the mother(s) being women, will probably be better able to handle this situation, but the father, might never mentally be able to recover from this.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Rock wrote:First take-away I get from all this - don't have a child unless you are fully committed to doing all it will take and commit your life fully to the task for next two decades or so. If you bring a child into the world and do not strongly parent (imprint), it can likely lead to another suffering misguided life. There's nothing wrong with not having children if you are not up to it.
The obvious problem with following such advice is that it would likely lead to our extinction as a society at this point and would increase the relative reproductive fitness of irresponsible jerks, leading them to be even more attractive to females.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

NorthAmericanguy wrote:I just heard on the radio that the spokesman for the family of Elliot Rodger said that the parents are shells of their former selves and they walk around incoherent and mumbling. In this case, the mother(s) being women, will probably be better able to handle this situation, but the father, might never mentally be able to recover from this.
Yeah, but since she's Asian, she'll have a very hard time facing anyone she knows. She'd now lost public face and in a major way. I would have imagined that in her mind, she would have preferred that her son had only committed suicide (instead of staging a public massacre), and disappeared into anonymity. The thing here is that everyone knows the story, their friends, family members, the UCSB community, and strangers around the country, if not the world.

Both parents will carry this for a very long time.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

AB discussion thread

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Here is a good quote on the subject:

http://thatincelblogger.wordpress.com/2 ... -arrivals/
What happened is punishment for evil and violence of feminists and liberals. Any of you supporting atrocities like women's suffrage, immodest clothing, child support/alimony, no ban on adultery, ban on prostitution and a lack of female premarital chastity, all the things that drove this young man to be unable to find a girlfriend, are disgusting , horrible people and you created a culture where this is possible. Renounce these horrors now. It is a decent thing to do. It will make you healthy and sane again. It will make the world healthy and sane again.
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

S_Parc wrote:
NorthAmericanguy wrote:I just heard on the radio that the spokesman for the family of Elliot Rodger said that the parents are shells of their former selves and they walk around incoherent and mumbling. In this case, the mother(s) being women, will probably be better able to handle this situation, but the father, might never mentally be able to recover from this.
Yeah, but since she's Asian, she'll have a very hard time facing anyone she knows. She'd now lost public face and in a major way. I would have imagined that in her mind, she would have preferred that her son had only committed suicide (instead of staging a public massacre), and disappeared into anonymity. The thing here is that everyone knows the story, their friends, family members, the UCSB community, and strangers around the country, if not the world.

Hey, I'm glad someone knows about this. Face is essentially why I've stopped speaking with my father.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

abcdavid01 wrote:
S_Parc wrote:Yeah, but since she's Asian, she'll have a very hard time facing anyone she knows. She'd now lost public face and in a major way. I would have imagined that in her mind, she would have preferred that her son had only committed suicide (instead of staging a public massacre), and disappeared into anonymity. The thing here is that everyone knows the story, their friends, family members, the UCSB community, and strangers around the country, if not the world.

Hey, I'm glad someone knows about this. Face is essentially why I've stopped speaking with my father.
Yeah Dave, I've been around the block and know a lot about how ppl think.

If Elliot didn't stage this massacre and had simply killed himself, his mother would have been able to forget this incident within 3-4 months. Instead, she's now got to carry this shame, for the rest of her natural life. Wherever she roams in America, ppl will find out that she was the mom of a *psycho* killer. I'm also pretty certain that in her parent's home town in Asia, the story is known.

Ultimately, this makes me a little less sympathetic towards those parents because in reality, they're more concerned about their own PR, then why they'd failed their son.

AB discussion thread

MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

S_Parc wrote:
abcdavid01 wrote:
S_Parc wrote:Yeah, but since she's Asian, she'll have a very hard time facing anyone she knows. She'd now lost public face and in a major way. I would have imagined that in her mind, she would have preferred that her son had only committed suicide (instead of staging a public massacre), and disappeared into anonymity. The thing here is that everyone knows the story, their friends, family members, the UCSB community, and strangers around the country, if not the world.

Yeah Dave, I've been around the block and know a lot about how ppl think.

If Elliot didn't stage this massacre and had simply killed himself, his mother would have been able to forget this incident within 3-4 months. Instead, she's now got to carry this shame, for the rest of her natural life. Wherever she roams in America, ppl will find out that she was the mom of a *psycho* killer. I'm also pretty certain that in her parent's home town in Asia, the story is known.

Ultimately, this makes me a little less sympathetic towards those parents because in reality, they're more concerned about their own PR, then why they'd failed their son.
I don't think it is a fair assessment to say that they "failed" their son. Could they have done better? Yes, definitely. But the issues he developed, he would likely have developed regardless of how he was raised. I read his entire manifesto and it is quite clear to me that Elliot Rodger was a sociopath. He never seemed to care much about anyone else, if ever. All he was concerned with himself was his own "face". His reputation and how others saw him. He only liked his half-brother, for example, because he idolized him and others didn't. But he also planned on killing the boy so he would never "surpass" him, as he saw the boy had more social potential then himself.

Elliot Rodger was an insane person. A very rotten, spoiled and whiny individual. Someone who threw tantrums and kicked a fuss, whined, cried and sulked until he got what he wanted. His parents should have been more strict with him I think. The way he grew up, he developed a huge, unhealthy sense of entitlement and he had no idea how the world works. His father probably never told him, never tried to explain. Perhaps he thought Elliot would figure it out himself? Well, he didn't.

He was socially stunted, the boy. He was treated, he went into therapy. His parents tried to help but he seemed closed-off, hard to reach. When he was 18 he was pretty much kicked out of the house. When left to his own devices he started drinking heavily, and as his alcohol abuse grew so did his anger.

Elliot Rodger was a disaster waiting to happen. A ticking time bomb. He was a nasty, narcissistic, entitled and spoiled little brat. And though his parents undoubtedly played a role in the way he developed, he was born with a variety of mental disorders and severe anger issues. A bad personality is something you are born with, after all. Sociopaths are born, not raised, to be sociopaths.
SilverEnergy
Junior Poster

Post by SilverEnergy »

Thanks Marcos, for not making excuses for what happened.

We know that the dating scene is messed up but most men have the tools to find solutions and do something about it, especially men with money.

No excuses for shooting up people due to sexual repression.

We can certainly understand that the dating scene in America can drive a man insane but no excuses.

However, like many have pointed out, maybe this can be a wake up call for men who have sons, perhaps finding a way to get your sons laid might be able to save lives.
"Allow me to show you the Power Cosmic!" - Silver Surfer
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

MarcosZeitola wrote:Sociopaths are born, not raised, to be sociopaths.
Do you mean psychopath? If Elliot were a psychopath there would have been no problem since he would have had more sluts throwing themselves at him than he knew what to do with.