20 Reasons Not to Join the Military: Why it's foolish

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

Joining the military can be a good choice for a kid just out of high school who doesn't know what he wants to do. I knew a farm kid who lived in the same town all his life and the military turned him into an intelligent person with a world view. It's better than turning into garbage like Justin Beiber And having your tuition paid for your education keeps you out of debt. It's probably the last place in America where you can be around real men, although that is changing as Obama purges the military. You get real responsibility and leadership skills. And learning to use weapons and having a tour in a real battlefield situation can be extremely valuable. Freedom lovers need to learn these skills. The NWO isn't going to resign from power voluntarily.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

MrPeabody wrote:And learning to use weapons and having a tour in a real battlefield situation can be extremely valuable. Freedom lovers need to learn these skills. The NWO isn't going to resign from power voluntarily.
But by acting as one of their bastard hired goons, you are surely keeping them in power.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

Cornfed wrote:
MrPeabody wrote:And learning to use weapons and having a tour in a real battlefield situation can be extremely valuable. Freedom lovers need to learn these skills. The NWO isn't going to resign from power voluntarily.
But by acting as one of their bastard hired goons, you are surely keeping them in power.
Playing paint ball with your friends and surfing the Internet doesn't provide the same experience and skills.
magnum
Junior Poster

Post by magnum »

Lets just break this down to the common reason why anyone would join the military and SAY what it is like men who are pretending to have a measurable I.Q

Why get paid almost NOTHING less than a McDonalds manager, to murder people in other countries while calling them terrorists, when in reality YOUR the terrorist to them being in THAT country.

The answer is, your poor and need to pay the bills or have no other option, OR perhaps your morality is zero and you don't care, and that brings us right back to USE YOUR BRAIN.

Become a soldier of fortune get in the private sector, even black water rejects who guard and have zero military experience make more than a GRUNT soldier in the U.S army.

Granted most good PMC postings will require ex-military training, but your still looking at at least a REASON it put in your time, because the capital isn't worth the sacrifice.

black water runs a mercenary boot camp for 10k that's enough to get your foot in the door, though I doubt if you can afford that you'll be looking in to soldiering for a living.

Me personally, my drive for a wife and family keeps me from being a military guy, I hate the idea of selling my soul and freedom to the country that has assured me to have no family and no options, or if I want to play both sides of the fence, maybe I don't fit in to the American ideals as a person, that's fine I'll eject my self from the country then and still achieve what America and its people would reject me.

I Have a warriors heart, but I'm not dumb enough to waste it on the people or government of America.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

MrPeabody wrote:Joining the military can be a good choice for a kid just out of high school who doesn't know what he wants to do. I knew a farm kid who lived in the same town all his life and the military turned him into an intelligent person with a world view. It's better than turning into garbage like Justin Beiber And having your tuition paid for your education keeps you out of debt. It's probably the last place in America where you can be around real men, although that is changing as Obama purges the military. You get real responsibility and leadership skills. And learning to use weapons and having a tour in a real battlefield situation can be extremely valuable. Freedom lovers need to learn these skills. The NWO isn't going to resign from power voluntarily.
Didn't you read earlier? People don't join the military to get a job. They do it because they have a warrior blood in them. Men are naturally obsessed and enamored with wars and weapons. That's why movies have to feature them to be good.

What do you mean Obama is purging the military? Without the military, how can the US maintain all its overseas military bases? And how can they instigate a global government or NWO?
magnum wrote: I Have a warriors heart, but I'm not dumb enough to waste it on the people or government of America.
I agree. Everyday around you in America you see grouchy/bitchy faces with unfriendly demeanors and vibes. Why would you want to fight to defend such people who are rotten and don't care about you?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Devil Dog wrote:
Ghost wrote:Which raises the question: if they fought to defend your freedom to write things like that, then why is it a problem if you actually do? What's the point of fighting for freedom if you can't use the freedom being fought for?

They are not defending freedom of course, but from their perspective, they should have to answer the above argument.

Of course this is correct. f**k them, they get paid twice per month. I was an officer in the US Marine Corps, 7 years on active duty. I never heard one guy say "I am doing this to protect my country / freedom / democratic way of life."

That is just self-righteous bullshit spouted by people who don't know better. The poster above (Sauromancer) is getting to the core of it. The military provides a rite of passage, danger, and adventure for young men who are into that stuff. The typical HA guy gets all of that that he needs by playing video games.
I agree. That makes sense. I don't think most military people are that patriotic. Only the media and movies show people being patriotic. Most people only care about profit, personal gain, status, beauty and health. They couldn't care less about patriotism.

Although there may be a minority who join out of honor because they come from a military family, such as Pat Tillman.

I wouldn't agree with the last statement though. The typical HA guy could get adventure just by traveling to different exotic countries. Playing video games feels so fake and dissatisfying after a while. There is no human connection in it. Just tons and tons of graphics.

Just out of curiosity, why did you join the military? How would you have felt if you were ordered to kill innocent people just because someone told you to? What if you were there during the Mai Lai massacre of Vietnam and ordered to shoot unarmed women and children? Would you have done it or disobeyed? I can't imagine why US soldiers back then would comply with that. How could they do that knowing the guilt they would have afterward?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

Winston wrote:
MrPeabody wrote:Joining the military can be a good choice for a kid just out of high school who doesn't know what he wants to do. I knew a farm kid who lived in the same town all his life and the military turned him into an intelligent person with a world view. It's better than turning into garbage like Justin Beiber And having your tuition paid for your education keeps you out of debt. It's probably the last place in America where you can be around real men, although that is changing as Obama purges the military. You get real responsibility and leadership skills. And learning to use weapons and having a tour in a real battlefield situation can be extremely valuable. Freedom lovers need to learn these skills. The NWO isn't going to resign from power voluntarily.
Didn't you read earlier? People don't join the military to get a job. They do it because they have a warrior blood in them. Men are naturally obsessed and enamored with wars and weapons. That's why movies have to feature them to be good.

What do you mean Obama is purging the military? Without the military, how can the US maintain all its overseas military bases? And how can they instigate a global government or NWO?
magnum wrote: I Have a warriors heart, but I'm not dumb enough to waste it on the people or government of America.
I agree. Everyday around you in America you see grouchy/bitchy faces with unfriendly demeanors and vibes. Why would you want to fight to defend such people who are rotten and don't care about you?

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2013 ... of-Dissent
Devil Dog
Freshman Poster

Post by Devil Dog »

Winston wrote:
Devil Dog wrote:
Ghost wrote:Which raises the question: if they fought to defend your freedom to write things like that, then why is it a problem if you actually do? What's the point of fighting for freedom if you can't use the freedom being fought for?

They are not defending freedom of course, but from their perspective, they should have to answer the above argument.

Of course this is correct. f**k them, they get paid twice per month. I was an officer in the US Marine Corps, 7 years on active duty. I never heard one guy say "I am doing this to protect my country / freedom / democratic way of life."

That is just self-righteous bullshit spouted by people who don't know better. The poster above (Sauromancer) is getting to the core of it. The military provides a rite of passage, danger, and adventure for young men who are into that stuff. The typical HA guy gets all of that that he needs by playing video games.
I agree. That makes sense. I don't think most military people are that patriotic. Only the media and movies show people being patriotic. Most people only care about profit, personal gain, status, beauty and health. They couldn't care less about patriotism.

Although there may be a minority who join out of honor because they come from a military family, such as Pat Tillman.

I wouldn't agree with the last statement though. The typical HA guy could get adventure just by traveling to different exotic countries. Playing video games feels so fake and dissatisfying after a while. There is no human connection in it. Just tons and tons of graphics.

Just out of curiosity, why did you join the military? How would you have felt if you were ordered to kill innocent people just because someone told you to? What if you were there during the Mai Lai massacre of Vietnam and ordered to shoot unarmed women and children? Would you have done it or disobeyed? I can't imagine why US soldiers back then would comply with that. How could they do that knowing the guilt they would have afterward?
What percentage of HA members have been abroad? 10%? What percentage play video games? 75%? My estimations.

I joined the military for adventure, travel, excitement. I was a Naval Aviator and I got all that stuff.

I am not a blind follower of orders, far from it. An order to kill civilians is what is called an unlawful order. You do not obey an unlawful order. You can read about My Lai and understand it. I understand what happened there but do not condone it. In general, the Army has always had weaker leadership and weaker discipline than the Marine Corps.

My Lai was a breakdown in leadership and discipline.

I was too young to have been in the Vietnam war. I have been to Vietnam recently and find the Vietnamese to be wonderful people.
IraqVet2003
Junior Poster

20 Reasons Not to Join the Military

Post by IraqVet2003 »

Winston, I would say as an Iraq Veteran, that I now agree with the 20 reasons you listed 100%!!!! I believe the U.S. military is being used by the political and economic elite (a.k.a. THE ILLUMINATI/JESUIT ORDER) to help bring about a NEW WORLD ORDER. The INVASION/OCCUPATION of Iraq was based on LIES told by the Bush Administration through the corporate-controlled media. There were no WMD's found in Iraq, Saddam had no role in the 9/11 attacks, No ties to Al-Qaeda, and the U.S. didn't bring democracy to Iraq. Besides, how could the U.S. bring freedom to Iraq if it wanted to set up PERMANENT MILITARY BASES and the WORLD'S LARGEST EMBASSY in the Green Zone (Baghdad)???

Then not long after I returned from the war, I began doing some deep soul-searching. I began asking myself what were the REAL REASONS for going into Iraq. Because the only ones who benefited from this ILLEGAL AND UNJUST conflict were the OIL COMPANIES, DEFENSE/PRIVATE CONTRACTORS ( like Blackwater, Halliburton, General Electric, Lockheed Martin, etc.), and the MAJOR BANKS. Winston, a documentary entitled "IRAQ FOR SALE" which can be seen on youtube, would show people the shameful "WAR PROFITEERING". But there were 3 films "FARENHIET 9/11" by Michael Moore, the" OIL FACTOR BEHIND THE WAR ON TERROR", and "9/11- THE ROAD TO TYRANNY" by Alex Jones woke me up to the truth!!!

At that point I felt I could no longer be part of an organization that dehumanizes other people as well as it's own troops. While I was in Iraq, the Iraqis were referred to as "hajis" a very derogatory term (similar to the word "gooks" used in Vietnam). Also, I believed the military had too many jerks and A-holes on a power trip (especially the NCOs and some Officers) !!! Nor participate in a war that was so IMMORAL, ILLEGAL, and ILLOGICAL!!! After all if according to the official 9/11 story it was 15 of the 19 hijackers were from SAUDI ARABIA, why were we attacking AFGHANISTAN AND IRAQ??!! Not to mention I later discovered that 9/11 was an INSIDE JOB/FALSE FLAG OPERATION. It was an example of the HEGELIAN DIALECTIC (PROBLEM-REACTION-SOLUTION) as exposed by authors such as David Icke. So Winston I believed the best way for me to protest the war was to "vote with my feet" by NOT REENLISTING in the U.S. Army!!!

Winston, I have one more special note to all the other HA posters (which they already know) the U.S. Military is NO PLACE FOR FREETHINKERS!!!! Because it represents the ultimate in both CONTROL AND CONFORMITY!!!
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Hey IraqVet, thanks for your input. I was also in the military (Air Force), but I got out a year after my DOS (date of separation) due to stop-loss.

I'm glad I got out just-in-time: even though I was not an infantry or a combat soldier (I was medical), I'm sure I would've been sent to Iraq or Afghanistan sooner-or-later, if I had stayed in the service.

There's some other former service guys here, like Grunt and Devil Dog. There's also Maverick, whose still in the military. I would say, more and more veterans and soldiers are 'waking-up' if you will, that it's all a scam...
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hey check this out.

When you go to Google and type "reasons not to join the military" my article with 20 reasons comes up at the very top.

http://blog.happierabroad.com/2013/07/2 ... y-its.html

Here are some other hits that come up about reasons not to join the military. They are pretty good.

9 Reasons Not To Join the US Military
http://wisesloth.wordpress.com/2010/04/ ... -military/

One Excellent Reason Not to Join the Military: You May be Ordered to Kill Civilians
http://www.couragetoresist.org/news/65- ... tary-.html

Oh and here is a shill webpage from the US military website about why you shouldn't join the military. It's full of BS. I can't believe they put that up there to try to use reverse psychology.

http://www.military.com/join-armed-forc ... itary.html
Last edited by Winston on June 10th, 2014, 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

C.J.
Experienced Poster

Post by C.J. »

The western military are some of the DUMBEST mercenaries in the world.

The drawbacks of joining - mental entropy and threat of demise - does not work out in any way when the only benefits you get are training and sums of money that won't even support you for very long.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check this out. The media acknowledges that there is a suicide epidemic among veterans of the Iraq war.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/20 ... t-suicide/

http://www.stripes.com/news/special-rep ... e-military

And check out this suicide note from an Iraq veteran. It's very sad and moving.

http://gawker.com/i-am-sorry-that-it-ha ... -534538357

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Some more anti-military articles.

How to convince your child not to go to war
http://www.wikihow.com/Convince-Your-Ch ... -Go-to-War

Recruiting Lies vs. Military Reality
http://johnmccarthy90066.tripod.com/id154.html

Winston
Site Admin

Re: 20 Reasons Not to Join the Military: Why it's foolish

Post by Winston »

Check this out. This guy on YouTube made a video about my 20 reasons not to join the US military article. Here it is. He recommends it to all people considering joining the US military.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JewiKDPKSHA[/youtube]