What are the future dating prospects for my Eurasian sons?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

What are the dating prospects of our Eurasian sons?

Pure asian women will be more interested in them, white women less so
59%
Both Asian women as well as white women will be less interested in them
14%
Both Asian and white women will be more interested in them
14%
More or less the same as anyone else
14%

Total votes: 22
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

What are the future dating prospects for my Eurasian sons?

Post by MarcosZeitola »

There is something that has been troubling me ever since the Elliot Rodger shootings and the huge media attention it resulted in... a lot of his issues seem to have been the result of his lack of sex, but his mixed race ancestry also appears to have played a role in the changes to his psyche. His mother was Chinese-Malaysian, his father white British. He was therefore Eurasian, and I have heard a few stories of Eurasians lacking romantic success in the Western world. I tend to take these with a grain of salt naturally as I am sure it cannot be the voice of a majority speaking, but it still raises some points of concern for me.

I am a white European man, six feet tall. My wife's Filipina, relatively dark skinned and at below five feet, quite short even by Filipina standards. We as of now have one child, a daughter who is a newborn. I have heard (and seen with my own eyes) that the daughters born to Asian women and White men tend to be quite attractive. This bodes well for her future potential on the dating and marriage market. Whether she goes to the West or remains in Asia, she will not have trouble attracting a mate I assume. My wife and I, though polar opposites, mix quite well and I am sure we will produce more good looking children.

What worries me a little is our future sons, provided we are blessed to have any (which I truly hope for). They will be half-White, half-Filipino. As a result they will likely be shorter then my height of six feet but hopefully a little taller then the average Filipino man. And if they were to inherit my build, I also assume they'd be more masculine then most Filipino men. If they however choose to study abroad in the West and somehow remain there, they will likely be below average height. I wonder what their prospects will be when it comes to dating the opposite sex.

The last thing I want of course is to have the next ER on our hands. I plan to instill in our sons the values of strength, resilience and masculinity the same way I plan to instill in our daughters the values of femininity, modesty and activity. I just hope that if my sons' eye ever falls on a white lady she will not cruelly reject him somehow. I do not wish see them harmed but I also don't want to go crazy and advice them certain women are somehow "off limits" as that's not the type of household I want to run and I want them to explore life to the fullest of their abilities.

I've heard local Filipina women may be more interested in a man of mixed ancestry. Half-white and half-African or Pakistani men, I have seen during my stays in the Philippines, have had considerably more success with the fairer sex then their local pure Pinoy counterparts. I have seen a man in his twenties who has an African American father from Chicago and a Filipina mother, who is on to his third girlfriend already who has a child with each of the previous ones. I've seen a half-Pakistani guy who graduated top of his class and has a very attractive girlfriend. A half-white guy dated a town's mayors daughter and was about to marry into the "upper class", despite not belonging to it himself. From experience I can therefore deduce that the sons of foreign men and Filipina women do quite well with the local female populace. I wonder if this is also the case for them if they go to the West. In the Philippines they have the advantage of being taller then the local men, often more masculine looking and more robust. They are therefore seen, with their different heights and facial features, as "exotic", with the added bonus of speaking the language fluently and knowing the culture better.

So, my focus here is as much on the future as it is on the here and now... and because of this I ask: what are the future dating prospects of Eurasian sons, those born to western men who went abroad and found love and stability in Asia?
jtest28
Freshman Poster

Post by jtest28 »

Man, thats a good point. And its one i have been wondering about every so often since i have gotten engaged to a Filipina. I too, when I was there, saw the same things you mentioned. And even in the USA, a girl born to a white man and a Filipina would likely do well. But I do worry what if we have sons and they live here in the USA. I mean, theres exceptions, but I'm inclined to believe the women here would see them as lower than they do even their own pure white men.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Very interesting question. First of all, as you realise, your daughter has Spanish and Filipino (Malay or Polynesian ancestry) genes and that bodes very well in the looks department.

Remember though that it's always nature and nurture, and the way you bring your child and the surroundings she will have in her first few years of her life will shape much of her future life.

For the little I know about Filipino history, I know it's still a heavily partitioned society, with a pecking order that favours old colonial ancestry, mostly Spanish but also French and German ancestry, and then Chinese and Korean/Japanese to a (much) lesser extent. I don't know which branch of society your wife belongs to, but I can assume that, given your young age, you have yet to establish yourself in the Philippines. Finding a good job and good "titos" (older people who will like to be your sponsor at work or in life) is probably more important than ever right now.

If you were to have a son, what you call an "Eurasian son", his chances in the Philippines will be probably dictated more by the place in Filipino society you will have managed to secure for yourself and your family by then, than how he looks like. Outside the Philippines...it's hard to say, as different flavours of an exotic look can come and go like the wind. Perhaps in a few years a few half-Asian actors or models will smash the scene, everybody will look up to them and if your son happens to look like them, he will have (involuntarily) hit jackpot.

Jokes apart, I wouldn't worry too much about your son becoming an Elliott Rodger. With a healthy (more than wealthy) family and a warm, inclusive society like the Filipino, and perhaps a hint of discipline from one of those Jesuit schools and colleges, he will grow up just fine.
nicho12
Freshman Poster

Post by nicho12 »

jtest28 wrote:Man, thats a good point. And its one i have been wondering about every so often since i have gotten engaged to a Filipina. I too, when I was there, saw the same things you mentioned. And even in the USA, a girl born to a white man and a Filipina would likely do well. But I do worry what if we have sons and they live here in the USA. I mean, theres exceptions, but I'm inclined to believe the women here would see them as lower than they do even their own pure white men.
The question you should be asking your self more is, "Will America still be one country in the next 20 years?". Things changes, America just like the Soviet Union is headed for catastrophe, so all these white women will be forced to be submissive once again
jtest28
Freshman Poster

Re: What are the future dating prospects for my Eurasian son

Post by jtest28 »

MarcosZeitola wrote:So, my focus here is as much on the future as it is on the here and now... and because of this I ask: what are the future dating prospects of Eurasian sons, those born to western men who went abroad and found love and stability in Asia?
I would say, "define Asia". In the Philippines, half white sons would do better, but in other parts of Asia, I think it wouldn't be as good for them.
Zionosis
Freshman Poster

Post by Zionosis »

I am a white man and Asian women are my favorite but I am not delusional thinking that Asian women all worship white men like a lot of white men believe.
Trust me that east Asian women prefer their own race to white men. But if Asian women do date other men then white men is their first option.

As far as your Eurasian children. Eurasian daughters would do reasonably well with normal white men. As far as Eurasian sons they will get by but won't do as good as pure white men with the white women and won't do as good as pure Asian men with the Asian women.

The USA portrays Asian men as ugly losers and they pick ugly ass Asian men to be part of Hollywood like that guy that was in Heroes or that other Asian guy who was in Harold and Kumar.

If you take a visit to Japan you will see many men that look attractive and start to understand why the native women there prefer their own men over white men. But white men still do better than any other non Asian man when it comes to dating Asian women.

Watch a show called Ninja Warrior and you will soon find out true Asian men aren't how Hollywood portrays them.

Here are some examples of how good looking Asian men can be.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_eS4X-iRnrE4/TTkwA ... imgmax=800
http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/2320 ... 196ax5.jpg
http://img429.imageshack.us/img429/8977 ... 11s0yg.jpg
http://media1.break.com/breakstudios/20 ... review.jpg
http://star.koreandrama.org/wp-content/ ... g-Woo5.jpg
http://cfile10.uf.tistory.com/image/167 ... 353B1E0A02[/url]
Last edited by Zionosis on June 1st, 2014, 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

jtest28 wrote:Man, thats a good point. And its one i have been wondering about every so often since i have gotten engaged to a Filipina. I too, when I was there, saw the same things you mentioned. And even in the USA, a girl born to a white man and a Filipina would likely do well. But I do worry what if we have sons and they live here in the USA. I mean, theres exceptions, but I'm inclined to believe the women here would see them as lower than they do even their own pure white men.
That has been my feeling, and my worry, too. I've seen quite a few mixed White-Indonesians, Indo's, who have been able to date white women. A good number of them married these men and had children. When it comes to Filipino's I can't say I have as many references when it comes to their romantic success in the Western world. I know a lot of them work abroad as foreign workers making money for their respective families in the Philippines. From my experience there they mostly stick to their own. The men, that is; their women frequently date and marry Western men abroad.
publicduende wrote:Very interesting question. First of all, as you realise, your daughter has Spanish and Filipino (Malay or Polynesian ancestry) genes and that bodes very well in the looks department.

Remember though that it's always nature and nurture, and the way you bring your child and the surroundings she will have in her first few years of her life will shape much of her future life.

For the little I know about Filipino history, I know it's still a heavily partitioned society, with a pecking order that favours old colonial ancestry, mostly Spanish but also French and German ancestry, and then Chinese and Korean/Japanese to a (much) lesser extent. I don't know which branch of society your wife belongs to, but I can assume that, given your young age, you have yet to establish yourself in the Philippines. Finding a good job and good "titos" (older people who will like to be your sponsor at work or in life) is probably more important than ever right now.

If you were to have a son, what you call an "Eurasian son", his chances in the Philippines will be probably dictated more by the place in Filipino society you will have managed to secure for yourself and your family by then, than how he looks like. Outside the Philippines...it's hard to say, as different flavours of an exotic look can come and go like the wind. Perhaps in a few years a few half-Asian actors or models will smash the scene, everybody will look up to them and if your son happens to look like them, he will have (involuntarily) hit jackpot.

Jokes apart, I wouldn't worry too much about your son becoming an Elliott Rodger. With a healthy (more than wealthy) family and a warm, inclusive society like the Filipino, and perhaps a hint of discipline from one of those Jesuit schools and colleges, he will grow up just fine.
I am not a very rich man myself and neither is my wife's family. I would say they are middle class as both her parents are professionals, but since they have been in financial trouble for the past year or so they are a lot less affluent then many people in, say, Manila or some other bigger city. They live in a very small rural town way back in the province. By the town's standards they are relatively well-to-do, though they are in some debt.

I myself am not rich, contrary to what many of them seem to expect from Westerners. They see a Western man and instantly assume he must be a man of means. By now they understand this is not the case with me. Still be in-laws were instantly quite smitten with me: they said they were very much looking forward to the idea of having "white grandchildren". In the village they live in there is but a single half-foreign kid, and her father is Nepalese. My daughter is therefore the only half-white child in the entire extended area. As such she has already attracted a bit of attention and likely will attract much more in the years to come, when she will go to school.

So, yeah, I am not a man of wealth and I am not a man of high standing. Still my Western looks and my background make me stand out and I assume this will also work the same way for my children. Average height for a man seems to be about 5'5" and maybe 5'3" or less for a woman. With my six feet I am the second tallest man in the entire village. For this reason alone I can see any potential son I might have stand out. Probably in a positive way, in the eyes of the town's female populace. If he ever decides to come to the West again it will be a major culture shock. Assuming I'd have a son of around 5'9", he would be a tall man in the Philippines. In my country however he would be below the national average by quite a bit as it is one of the world's tallest nations.

All my children have dual citizenship and this is something I wish to make use of; I want to give them the ability to study in my country when the time comes that they have the right age for it. I have a relatively large extended family in my own country that could help them be at home. It is a question that definitely intrigues me.
jtest28 wrote:
MarcosZeitola wrote:So, my focus here is as much on the future as it is on the here and now... and because of this I ask: what are the future dating prospects of Eurasian sons, those born to western men who went abroad and found love and stability in Asia?
I would say, "define Asia". In the Philippines, half white sons would do better, but in other parts of Asia, I think it wouldn't be as good for them.
If they were to move to Korea or Japan, or perhaps China, I believe they likely would do less well. I know especially the Japanese to be quite focused on their own homogeneity as a society. However I would prefer for my sons not to settle in such nations as they are largely impotent nations at this point with very low birthrates and quite troublesome relations between the sexes. The culture of South Korea is one that I believe to be too Westernizes in nature, with many career driven women who don't focus on things like marriage or a family until mid-thirties or later. Japan is likewise in many ways, but also puts extremely high pressure on people when it comes to jobs and responsibilities. One of the reasons for me to move to the Philippines is because I feel live is a bit more... mellow, and easy going, there.

And mellow and easy going is a lot more "me" then extremely long shifts with very little free time and or vacation days. I wouldn't ever be happy in a country like Japan or South Korea and I doubt my sons ever would if they are a bit like their father. Still, there may be a world-traveler's gene at work here that will make them, too, seek out new environments and take on adventures of their own. It's only natural for a young man to try and find his place in this world after all. For what it's worth... I found mine. :wink:
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Zionosis wrote:I am a white man and Asian women are my favorite but I am not delusional thinking that Asian women all worship white men like a lot of white men believe.
Trust me that east Asian women prefer their own race to white men. But if Asian women do date other men then white men is their first option.

As far as your Eurasian children. Eurasian daughters would do reasonably well with normal white men. As far as Eurasian sons they will get by but won't do as good as pure white men with the white women and won't do as good as pure Asian men with the Asian women.

The USA portrays Asian men as ugly losers and they pick ugly a** Asian men to be part of Hollywood like that guy that was in Heroes or that other Asian guy who was in Harold and Kumar.

If you take a visit to Japan you will see many men that look attractive and start to understand why the native women there prefer their own men over white men. But white men still do better than any other non Asian man when it comes to dating Asian women.

Watch a show called Ninja Warrior and you will soon find out true Asian men aren't how Hollywood portrays them.

http://cfile10.uf.tistory.com/image/167 ... 353B1E0A02
Three out of five of your examples are a single man: Godfrey Gao. A 6'4" Taiwanese model and actor. Hardly representative for the average Asian man the same way Idris Elba is not your average African man and Brad Pitt isn't exactly the average American. Movie stars will always be tall and handsome regardless of where in the world you go, safe for a few Hollywood stars and their lifts.

The average man in the Philippines, and quite a few other Asian nations at that, tends to be a bit on the shorter and stockier side as compared to their Western and African counterparts. There are many exceptions to this general rule as I've encountered very tall men from the Philippines, Japan and Korea alike. In malls in Manila I frequently saw Korean men my height or even taller, and I am six feet myself. I've also seen a Filipino man who stood about 6'6" or 6'7" once when buying groceries with my wife in a metro-Manila store. He was by far the largest Asian I have ever encountered in real life. I can see why many Asian ladies would prefer a large, powerful man of their own ethnic background over one of White ancestry.

However in the Philippines almost every single famous actor or actress has some form of white ancestry, be it Spanish, American or something else. Filipino's worship light skin in much the same way many Koreans do. Many young girls frantically take umbrellas out wherever they go to protect their skin from tanning in the sun and whitening cream ads and special lightening shampoos are all over the TV and billboards. The Philippines definitely has more then a mild obsession with whiteness and light skin. For this reason alone I feel my sons would do well out there, though not every single woman will want the same.

Since they will be only half White and still also half Filipino, I feel they may be more attractive to local women then a pure white man would be in much the same way a naturally born lighter skinned Filipino man or woman would be regarded "more beautiful" by many people there. Exceptions, of course, exist everywhere. It's just something that I have noticed and that I found myself quite intrigued by.
Zionosis
Freshman Poster

Post by Zionosis »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
Zionosis wrote:I am a white man and Asian women are my favorite but I am not delusional thinking that Asian women all worship white men like a lot of white men believe.

The USA portrays Asian men as ugly losers and they pick ugly a** Asian men to be part of Hollywood like that guy that was in Heroes or that other Asian guy who was in Harold and Kumar.

http://cfile10.uf.tistory.com/image/167 ... 353B1E0A02
Three out of five of your examples are a single man: Godfrey Gao. A 6'4" Taiwanese model and actor. Hardly representative for the average Asian man the same way Idris Elba is not your average African man and Brad Pitt isn't exactly the average American. Movie stars will always be tall and handsome regardless of where in the world you go, safe for a few Hollywood stars and their lifts.

The average man in the Philippines, and quite a few other Asian nations at that, tends to be a bit on the shorter and stockier side as compared to their Western and African counterparts. There are many exceptions to this general rule as I've encountered very tall men from the Philippines, Japan and Korea alike. In malls in Manila I frequently saw Korean men my height or even taller, and I am six feet myself. I've also seen a Filipino man who stood about 6'6" or 6'7" once when buying groceries with my wife in a metro-Manila store. He was by far the largest Asian I have ever encountered in real life. I can see why many Asian ladies would prefer a large, powerful man of their own ethnic background over one of White ancestry.

However in the Philippines almost every single famous actor or actress has some form of white ancestry, be it Spanish, American or something else. Filipino's worship light skin in much the same way many Koreans do. Many young girls frantically take umbrellas out wherever they go to protect their skin from tanning in the sun and whitening cream ads and special lightening shampoos are all over the TV and billboards. The Philippines definitely has more then a mild obsession with whiteness and light skin. For this reason alone I feel my sons would do well out there, though not every single woman will want the same.

Since they will be only half White and still also half Filipino, I feel they may be more attractive to local women then a pure white man would be in much the same way a naturally born lighter skinned Filipino man or woman would be regarded "more beautiful" by many people there. Exceptions, of course, exist everywhere. It's just something that I have noticed and that I found myself quite intrigued by.
WTF are you serious. 3? what 3. Only the first man is Godfrey Gao.
Second man is tri nguyen,
3rd man is kim_rae-won it even says his name in the link. lol.
4th man is Kwon-Sang-Woo which even says it in the link also.
5th man is some Korean guy from a series called Dong Yi.

Why do you have to BS and make crap up. Or maybe you just think all Asians look the same like most other white people since you obviously claimed that 3 of these are one man and they don't even look similar, lol

If you continue to claim that 3 of these men are Godfrey Gao then I am not even going to reply to you because it's just stupidity.

Also maybe you haven't been to Japan or Korea because they aren't midgets or dark skinned unless you go to Okinawa where they are a tad darker. In areas like Tokyo they are actually very pale and only slightly shorter than whites. I am 5'11'' and still saw many men taller than myself. Also Asians have liked their white skin ever before white man ever reached Japan. The old nobility used to be very pale and stay out of the sun and long ago they even used to put white makeup stuff on themselves long before the Geisha's and even before the Kabuki actors. Mind you this crap dates back to even the Sengoku era which was far before any white man ever knew about Japan.
And the Japanese and others like them still value pale skin. Yet the only difference is now white man claims they are just doing it because they want to look like the white man. lol

Also why are you mentioning the Philippines so much. I didn't post one man from there or even say anything about them. The Filipino people are darker and not of the same stock as the Asians I am talking about. Also the Filipino people probably have more Japanese bred into them than whites considering the Japanese occupied their country in WW2 and bred in a fair bit at that time. A lot of the paler Filipino's are probably from Japanese parents a few generations ago.
In fact I saw many on dating sites that are half Japanese half Filipino.

Look you can believe whatever you want though. I am sure the paler Asians are considered hotter in the Philippines, Just like Thailand. But a lot of the pale ones in the Philippines are probably a result of Japanese interbreeding with them in WW2 and that's why they still look Asian.

Believe it or not but Asian genes breed out pretty quickly. Just look at Bruce Lee's son who was 1/4 Chinese yet could pass as a normal white in a crowd.
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l142/ ... e/7454.jpg

He looks like practically a normal white to me. Long face, White eye shape and nose ridge.
White genes are more dominant than Asian genes. A lot of 1/4 Asians with 3/4 white look like normal whites.
Black people have the most dominant genes, Whites are moderately dominant and Asian genes as in east Asian genes are the most recessive. Just about the only thing that is a little dominant is the eye and hair color. The genes for facial shape and skull shape and body type are recessive.
Last edited by Zionosis on June 1st, 2014, 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Zionosis wrote:WTF are you serious. 3? what 3. Only the first man is Godfrey Gao.
Second man is tri nguyen,
3rd man is kim_rae-won it even says his name in the link. lol.
4th man is Kwon-Sang-Woo which even says it in the link also.
5th man is some Korean guy from a series called Dong Yi.

Why do you have to BS and make crap up. Or maybe you just think all Asians look the same like most other white people since you obviously claimed that 3 of these are one man and they don't even look similar, lol
I meant the first two. And be honest here those two do look alike quite a bit. :D Either way, good sir, I stand corrected. My fingers typed a little quicker then my mind thought, I'm sorry man.

And no I do not believe all Asians look alike. I've seen far too many of them to ever say such a thing. I just thought Mr. Gao and Mr. Nguyen with their similar chiseled features and stubbly beards looked a little bit alike in those particular two pictures. This was just a single part of my initial reply to you however. :wink: I can assure you I meant no ill intentions here.
Zionosis wrote:Also maybe you haven't been to Japan or Korea because they aren't midgets or dark skinned unless you go to Okinawa where they are a tad darker. In areas like Tokyo they are actually very pale and only slightly shorter than whites. I am 5'11'' and still saw many men taller than myself.
Like I said I saw plenty of tall Koreans and Japanese during my stay. And I know a Chinese friend who stands 6'1" and weighs about 200 pounds. It depends very much on the region, on genetics and of course the younger generations as a whole have been growing increasingly taller over the past few decades and will continue to do so in the future. The majority of Filipino men, however, are still quite short although there are exceptions.
Zionosis wrote:The old nobility used to be very pale and stay out of the sun and long ago they even used to put white makeup stuff on themselves long before the Geisha's and even before the Kabuki actors. Mind you this crap dates back to even the Sengoku era which was far before any white man ever knew about Japan.
Kind of like how in Western Europe light skin was associated with high birth, and a tan skin with being a farmer and working the lands. The mindset is very similar but prevails in the East whereas in the West it has largely died out and instead been replaced by an obsession to be tan.
Zionosis wrote:And the Japanese and others like them still value pale skin. Yet the only difference is now white man claims they are just doing it because they want to look like the white man. lol
Well considering the America-obsession a great many Filipino's seem to have, it probably is a part of their reasoning behind this light-skin craze of theirs. You speak of Japan a lot and Japan is much more of a homogeneous population the the Philippines. My Filipino mother-in-law, upon meeting me, literally told me: "I am happy to get white grandchildren". It's definitely a thing, there. A lot more then it probably is in Japan. In Korea they have the whole eyelid correction and nose job fad that's quite white spread. These things I believe do come from some sort of obsession with the West. In Japan it's probably less so, or not at all as Japanese tend to see themselves as somehow superior to Westerners whereas many Filipino's I met look up to Westerners a great deal.
Zionosis
Freshman Poster

Post by Zionosis »

@MarcosZeitola

Well I didn't really read your whole initial post. I agree with that other guy that looks buff and is holding his dog.
Your kids being half white and half Filipino should probably do alright down there.
I am not claiming that the majority of the native women down there will prefer them but a decent amount will like them. After all it isn't exactly hard for a full white man to get a woman down there so a man with half white and half Filipino will find it even a tad easier than the pure white man. It all really comes down to if your sons end up good looking also.

Also a few years ago I thought most south Asians were dark but turns out there are many under china who are pretty damn pale naturally. For instance in Singapore they aren't exactly as pale as a Korean or Japanese but they are still pretty damn pale.

The Filipinos seem on average darker but their are still a decent amount that seem reasonably pale ones like here.
http://www.philcongen-hk.com/media/2009 ... ix%205.jpg

There was a Filipino family that lived across the street from me and they were really dark. My guess is that a lot of these paler ones also stay out of the sun a lot also. The Philippines has more intense sun that north Asia and they tan quickly there if out in the sun too much.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

My guess, after having spoken to a few AWs on such matters, I'd say that the closer a Eurasian male looks like the late Brandon Lee, the better his chances.

What Brandon has is the Latin-American/Mediterranean movie star look. Basically, the guy who's in Latin daytime soap operas, always in some love triangle.

Thus, for men, it's more hit/miss and a bit of luck whereas for women, it's basically no problem, even if they're not very attractive.
Last edited by S_Parc on June 1st, 2014, 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

I'm half White/half Chinese and 5'7". I don't know if it's too much of a problem regarding ladies. As for height, it depends on what state you live in. I'm right outside New York City and I never felt too short until I moved to the South for college. Even then I got tons of girls going for me though. I mean, Bruno Mars is popular, isn't he?

I think it's more important to have a stable, unified family. My parents divorce and I take it as a sign of failed race relations. I'm not against race mixing per se, but I don't think it should be encouraged. Too many people engage in it without thinking f the consequences. By even posting this it shows you're not one of them. That's good.

My biggest piece of advice is this: The family that prays together, stays together.

My family didn't and we were divided. Even without religion, you shouldn't let cultural differences divide you. In fact, you should try to completely eliminate any cultural differences. The Bible says you should be one flesh.

For your sons, this isn't politically correct, but they're the ones who carry the family name, so it's important who they marry. Since I'm mixed, if I marry a White woman, my son would only be a quarter Chinese. If I married a Chinese woman my son would be 75% Chinese. That's a huge difference in how people would see them, how they'd see themselves and how they'd look at the world, what values they'd have and what History they'd feel connected to. It's not a good burden to have to make that sort of choice, so it's much better if you keep your family united. You don't want your son to end up like me because I plan on changing my last name.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

S_Parc wrote:My guess, after having spoken to a few AWs on such matters, I'd say that the closer a Eurasian male looks like the late Brandon Lee, the better his chances.

What Brandon has is the Latin-American/Mediterranean movie star look. Basically, the guy who's in Latin daytime soap operas, always in some love triangle.

Thus, for men, it's more hit/miss and a bit of luck whereas for women, it's basically no problem, even if they're not very attractive.
I am not too worried, then. I am sure it will turn out just fine. But it is an interesting subject to think about though for me as a man in a mixed race relationship with an Asian woman. And I think for many people here it is too as it is relationships abroad that we're after or into.
abcdavid01 wrote:I'm half White/half Chinese and 5'7". I don't know if it's too much of a problem regarding ladies. As for height, it depends on what state you live in. I'm right outside New York City and I never felt too short until I moved to the South for college. Even then I got tons of girls going for me though. I mean, Bruno Mars is popular, isn't he?
Good point, good point. As long as you are sociable, charismatic and a likable person with decent to more-then-decent looks I don't think height is that much of an issue either way, differences in people's personal taste aside.
abcdavid01 wrote:I think it's more important to have a stable, unified family. My parents divorce and I take it as a sign of failed race relations. I'm not against race mixing per se, but I don't think it should be encouraged. Too many people engage in it without thinking f the consequences. By even posting this it shows you're not one of them. That's good.
I'm a thoughtful person and I like to think of the long-term effects of the choices I make in life. For me and for the children I have and plan on having. I'm a lot more focused on their future then I am on just my own, as theirs and mine are entwined by the bloodline that connect us. Their future is my future. And their success as much my success as their failure is my failure. Above all, I want them to happy and I want to have a good life. All parents do.
abcdavid01 wrote:My biggest piece of advice is this: The family that prays together, stays together.
That is a saying my mother-in-law is very fond of. I believe in it too, to a certain degree. I am not much of a religious person myself as I was not born in a religious household and of all my grandparents only a single grandmother is actually Christian. I've dabbled with faith and religion when I was a teenager and decided it was not for me. Many of the traditions and values that come with being a member of a religion, however, connect with me. As a bit of a traditional person in certain ways I can see the appeal. My wife's family is Catholic, but mild in their views. I myself go to the baptisms and the occasional sermon. I pray at the table. My heart and soul is not in it as I have my own objections with it. According to the faith I am a sinner anyway, as my daughter was conceived prior to our marriage. For me to act all pious would feel a bit hypocritical on my part. I noticed the most avid churchgoers are the women anyway; my father-in-law, like myself tends to show up in church a lot less.
abcdavid01 wrote:My family didn't and we were divided. Even without religion, you shouldn't let cultural differences divide you. In fact, you should try to completely eliminate any cultural differences. The Bible says you should be one flesh.
My wife and I discussed these things quite often. I tried to see her side of things, she tried to see my side. Ultimately we came to understand that our views about culture, child-rearing, upbringing and morals are so similar that there are virtually no differences of opinion between us. The traditions of her people she is opposed to, I am opposed to as well. Those she is supportive of, I am supportive of too. We are solid as the Chinese Wall for all I know. :D
abcdavid01 wrote:For your sons, this isn't politically correct, but they're the ones who carry the family name, so it's important who they marry.

Exactly. Both our sons and daughters will carry on the family bloodline, which to me is the most important. But the family name can only live on in the male line. A man who dies without sons or grandsons will see his name die out. It is for this reason that I hope to raise my sons to be the sort of men a woman would love to have by her side, in good times and in bad times. Someone who can be a family's rock. Someone to be proud of and spread my family name.
abcdavid01 wrote:Since I'm mixed, if I marry a White woman, my son would only be a quarter Chinese. If I married a Chinese woman my son would be 75% Chinese. That's a huge difference in how people would see them, how they'd see themselves and how they'd look at the world, what values they'd have and what History they'd feel connected to. It's not a good burden to have to make that sort of choice, so it's much better if you keep your family united. You don't want your son to end up like me because I plan on changing my last name.
I hope that regardless of who they marry, they marry someone who loves them as much as they love that person. And I hope that they find happiness. As for the choice you speak of... one could also marry another mixed person. What if you were to marry a girl who's Eurasian herself, like you? Then your children would still be 50\50 and coming from a similar background to your own, she may understand you a little more then your average pure Chinese or American girl would. :wink: Just a little food for thought.
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

Ah, you're in the Philippines? I wouldn't worry then. When you mentioned Elliot Rodgers I figured you were in America. People like Rodgers are very much a product of American culture, so I wouldn't worry about it.