Japan's population problem in 5 charts

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Japan's population problem in 5 charts

Post by publicduende »

With Abenomics facing severe 'reality check' problems as base wages tumble for the 24th month in a row, inflation surges, and the "Misery Index" soars to 33 year highs, this week's release of the annual report from Japan's Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare paints a very grim picture of Japan's population problem.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-06-0 ... ive-charts

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

The Japanese lack a few things. They lack passion, they lack masculinity and in too many cases, a good pair of balls. Their women are about as materialistic and career-driven as American women, from what a friend of mine living there tells me. Marriage and children often is the last thing on their mind. As for the men? Look up "Herbivore Men" and you know one of the reasons their population is dropping so dramatically.

A herbivore man is Japan's version of the Western metrosexual man. Young, slender, fashionable men. Effeminate. Weak. Extremely self-centered and not pursuing relationships, let alone get married or have children. They build nothing and upon their death, leave nothing. They are married to their games, their kitchen apron, their hipster hobbies and what-have-you.

Their women want a salary man to take care of the household finances, as typically upon marrying and having children, they stop working themselves. They have trouble finding a man to do this, and often cling on to their own independence too much as well. As a result, marriage rates plummet. Children born outside of wedlock are culturally frowned upon so in most cases, no marriage means no children.

Thus, many young 20- and 30-somethings in Japan never will marry nor will they ever reproduce. The numbers are staggeringly high. In the more rural areas the traditional family yet lives, but she is on her last legs even there.

Japan is the ultimate result of the "MGTOW" movement, in which not only the men but only the women are "going their own way". And this way ends in dying alone and childless in a home with no one there to visit you but a cat.

Well done, Japan.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

MarcosZeitola wrote:The Japanese lack a few things. They lack passion, they lack masculinity and in too many cases, a good pair of balls. Their women are about as materialistic and career-driven as American women, from what a friend of mine living there tells me. Marriage and children often is the last thing on their mind. As for the men? Look up "Herbivore Men" and you know one of the reasons their population is dropping so dramatically.

A herbivore man is Japan's version of the Western metrosexual man. Young, slender, fashionable men. Effeminate. Weak. Extremely self-centered and not pursuing relationships, let alone get married or have children. They build nothing and upon their death, leave nothing. They are married to their games, their kitchen apron, their hipster hobbies and what-have-you.

Their women want a salary man to take care of the household finances, as typically upon marrying and having children, they stop working themselves. They have trouble finding a man to do this, and often cling on to their own independence too much as well. As a result, marriage rates plummet. Children born outside of wedlock are culturally frowned upon so in most cases, no marriage means no children.

Thus, many young 20- and 30-somethings in Japan never will marry nor will they ever reproduce. The numbers are staggeringly high. In the more rural areas the traditional family yet lives, but she is on her last legs even there.

Japan is the ultimate result of the "MGTOW" movement, in which not only the men but only the women are "going their own way". And this way ends in dying alone and childless in a home with no one there to visit you but a cat.

Well done, Japan.
Very nice analysis Marcos. The only thing I would object, at least as far as my understanding and opinion are concerned, is that the MGTOW movement focuses on disenfranchising oneself from social interactions and relationship with women. In Japan the problem is more complex. The younger generations are disappointed across the entire board, from the opaque and corrupted choices of their politicians and economists to the lack of good job opportunities, to the general indifference towards the self and the other. In other words, the complete annihilation of all Japan used to stand for, even up until 20/25 years ago.

Giving up procreation and facing self-seclusion (google the term "hikikomori") is but the ultimate effect of root causes that lie much deeper. Expect South Korea and even China to follow suit soon.

Having said that, I still believe a good young man from one of the cultures that still believe in the value of human interaction and have no fears to express it, say Italy or Spain or France, would absolutely smash it in Japan.
nicho12
Freshman Poster

Post by nicho12 »

MarcosZeitola wrote:The Japanese lack a few things. They lack passion, they lack masculinity and in too many cases, a good pair of balls. Their women are about as materialistic and career-driven as American women, from what a friend of mine living there tells me. Marriage and children often is the last thing on their mind. As for the men? Look up "Herbivore Men" and you know one of the reasons their population is dropping so dramatically.

Well done, Japan.
That's what happens when you follow the Marxist ideologies of equality
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

What's that fertility spike in '65? Well actually, I found an answer...

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Japan/GA05Dh02.html
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

publicduende wrote:

Well done, Japan.
Very nice analysis Marcos. The only thing I would object, at least as far as my understanding and opinion are concerned, is that the MGTOW movement focuses on disenfranchising oneself from social interactions and relationship with women. In Japan the problem is more complex. The younger generations are disappointed across the entire board, from the opaque and corrupted choices of their politicians and economists to the lack of good job opportunities, to the general indifference towards the self and the other. In other words, the complete annihilation of all Japan used to stand for, even up until 20/25 years ago.

Giving up procreation and facing self-seclusion (google the term "hikikomori") is but the ultimate effect of root causes that lie much deeper. Expect South Korea and even China to follow suit soon.

Having said that, I still believe a good young man from one of the cultures that still believe in the value of human interaction and have no fears to express it, say Italy or Spain or France, would absolutely smash it in Japan.
+1

A friend of mine that I was stationed with for a while got stationed in Japan about 6 months ago. He's a tall redhead with a less than attractive face. However, he's a friendly guy that is easy to like. He's absolutely killing it over there. He has multiple options and is having the time of his life (he always did okay with women in the US, but he's on another level right now).

Based on what he and others tells me, a guy could do really well there if he is even borderline outgoing.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Maverick wrote:Based on what he and others tells me, a guy could do really well there if he is even borderline outgoing.
So it's as bad as that for Japan now? What a shame.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

nicho12 wrote:That's what happens when you follow the Marxist ideologies of equality
LOL seriously? I would see Japan as far removed from Marxism as I can possibly imagine.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

So what? Japan is overpopulated anyway, and with less people in the country--that means a better quality of life for everyone in the future...
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

zboy1 wrote:So what? Japan is overpopulated anyway, and with less people in the country--that means a better quality of life for everyone in the future...
It's the population age structure that's the real problem. When old people greatly outnumber young people, this creates a situation that is disastrous for the economy.

The solution is immigration, but the government's desire to keep the Japanese archipelago "racially pure" prevents large-scale immigration from happening.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Falcon wrote:
zboy1 wrote:So what? Japan is overpopulated anyway, and with less people in the country--that means a better quality of life for everyone in the future...
It's the population age structure that's the real problem. When old people greatly outnumber young people, this creates a situation that is disastrous for the economy.

The solution is immigration, but the government's desire to keep the Japanese archipelago "racially pure" prevents large-scale immigration from happening.
The solution is a higher birthrate. If it's not part of the solution, it's part of the problem after all. Immigration isn't all that it's made out to be. With mass immigration arise new issues, new problems.

At this rate? The Japs will literally just die out. Not a prospect to be glad about, I'd say.What the Japanese people need to do is somehow get nearer to replacement level in their total fertility rate.
KokujinKrusader
Freshman Poster

Post by KokujinKrusader »

It makes for a situation that is easy to exploit for the average (or below average) non-black western foreigner though.
Grand Admiral Game taught me how to improve my mindset in order to achieve the success that I wanted in life!
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

KokujinKrusader wrote:It makes for a situation that is easy to exploit for the average (or below average) non-black western foreigner though.
It does.

As far as black guys go, I hear mixed stories when it comes to their romantic success in Japan. There's a few half-Japanese, half-Black celebrities in Japan even, so to say they always fail with the local populace would be a gross exaggeration. It's probably a combination of looks, status and that certain "exotic-ism" many men and women from all around the globe are suckers for. I'm pretty sure a light-skinned black dude from the States would do quite well in Japan if he was respectful of the culture and treated the girls nicely. A Nigerian man might do a lot less as his nations reputation precedes him.
nicho12
Freshman Poster

Post by nicho12 »

but how will they finance the pensions or take care of their old people if they have very few young people to tax, the country will just be full of oldies walking around on their walking sticks, not too fun
KokujinKrusader
Freshman Poster

Post by KokujinKrusader »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
KokujinKrusader wrote:It makes for a situation that is easy to exploit for the average (or below average) non-black western foreigner though.
It does.

As far as black guys go, I hear mixed stories when it comes to their romantic success in Japan. There's a few half-Japanese, half-Black celebrities in Japan even, so to say they always fail with the local populace would be a gross exaggeration. It's probably a combination of looks, status and that certain "exotic-ism" many men and women from all around the globe are suckers for. I'm pretty sure a light-skinned black dude from the States would do quite well in Japan if he was respectful of the culture and treated the girls nicely. A Nigerian man might do a lot less as his nations reputation precedes him.
Been there. Black guys used to be popular somewhat, and there was a sizable hip-hop subculture in the previous decade, but all of that hype is dead. A light-skinned Black guy that can pas for another race will do alright, like in other parts of Asia, but a dark-skinned Black guy, whether he is from America or Africa, will be stuck with his hand or the expat rejects.