To the man who does nothing

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

To the man who does nothing

Post by MarcosZeitola »

To the man who does nothing,
Say nothing
To the man who sits still,
Start moving
To the man who is lonely,
Find worthy company
To the man who is sick,
Try and get better
For the man with no purpose,
Find your purpose
Because life,
Is too short to waste

Some people waste their lives complaining. I have noticed it on several threads, several topics. There are two types of men on here: those who act, and those who do not. There's virulent racists and women haters who never even left the country. Angry virgins raging against the world, filled with hatred against society. They talk an awful lot but they don't deliver. And that's a shame because they are selling themselves short.

Yes, the West sucks in many ways. Yes, feminism has ruined many people. Yes, society isn't what it used to be. In some ways it has improved, in many more ways it has done the opposite. Life is not the way many of us want it to be. And that's fine! Where one man sees but obstacles, another sees opportunities! Where one man sees only rain, another already imagines the sunshine. Where one one man only dreams and does nothing, others work towards achieving their dreams every day. Bit by bit.

I am young. I am married. My wife is far from me and I have to make money to escape the West permanently and get us a house. Something that we have to have done before the end of 2015. Long distance relationships are far from ideal but we have to make do. In the meantime I work. I write. I converse with people online and these conversations, some of them on these forums, have been inspiring to me. At the same time I watch my food, I work out cycle outside daily for about an hour or so. I take long walks and I take good care of myself. I don't play games, I don't waste my time. Every night before I sleep I think of one thing I accomplished that day, and sleep with this in mind.

I'm not where I want to be yet. I live in the West still and I miss my wife and child dearly. I miss the warm sun of the Philippines. The rice, fresh fruit and sweet meat. I miss the jeepneys, the buses, the cracked roads. The dogs and chickens who are everywhere. The many children freely playing outside in the mud. The rural, simple country life. The fresh mountain air, the trees and bushes that are everywhere. The rice fields and the coconuts so abundant you could trip over them easily. I miss the nightly drinking of the men, the liquor and the snacks, the buko juice and the Red Horse beer. My wife's embrace. Love.

Yes I miss it... soon I will be returning. It's a good life there. A traditional life, a simple life. I do not mind the mosquitos, the kalambu works fine. The bugs I ignore. The dogs, they like me. The locals are friendly. The weather is great. Attitudes are different, culture is different. Gender roles are not the same as they are here; a woman will always cook and clean and not doing so would be frowned upon. The men drink, the women cook. Some things they do together but overall there's clear differences in who does what, and this works fine. Sometimes the food is simple and the drink plain. Sometimes I'll lack the funds, cheap as food may be, to be overly excessive. Excess is for when guests arrive. Hospitality is common place.

It's good life, and a simple life. A good environment to raise a large family and raise the children with good morals and values. There's little traffic and most of what we need we find within walking distance. There's no internet, no TV. Not even telephones. And I enjoy it! Others might be driven crazy from the lack of technology but it's this old-fashioned world, this environment of bygone eras, that I've always been fascinated by ever since I was a child. It is the inner romantic in me who takes great joy in the simplest of things. I am a firm believer in the principle that if the little things cannot please you, you are unworthy of the big things.

It will be an exciting change for me, but a good one. In the natural and serene environment I will live my life and it will be a simple life. I hope to set up some sort of local business, a farm perhaps or a store. There's even talks of, in the long run, starting up our very own school! I will see what the future has in store for me. Above all I wish for peace, calm and serenity and a good life to live. Surrounded by my large and growing family, I wish to grow old. I'll never be rich in material possessions but hopefully I will be rich in life experience and overall enjoyment. Thinking of the future fills me with a great longing, a burning passion, a great desire. It fills me with hope and undying optimism.

Some men do nothing. They wither away, the years go by and nothing happens. Hatred fills their hearts, where love should be. Rage, where hope should be. Inactivity in place of the much needed activity. And pessimism where they are badly in need of optimism. That's not a way to live a life, my friends! Don't dream of monomaniacal projects, of overthrowing governments, of revenge fantasies against whoever wronged you. Don't dwell on the rejections you have inevitably suffered. Don't let whatever negativity has colored your life for so long, shape who you are as a person. Instead find that hope, that optimism. Keep that little fire within yourself burning. Let it motivate you to do amazing things.

Life's short. Short and brutal. But only if you want it to be... don't be the man who does nothing.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

That's really a wonderful post! I think one of the biggest issues with this forum is the majority of the guys on Happier Abroad are, or will be card carrying members of MGTOW. I'm one of those guys that is happily married to a foreign lady but it's not for everybody. It still takes quite a bit of money, luck, social skills and patience to find a foreign wife and not everybody here has the resources to succeed.

More and more men find it easier to function alone. I'm a 52 year old male and most of my guy friends are single. The bitterness eventually soon replaced by apathy and they don't see being alone as abnormal. In the words of Pink Floyd, they morph into becoming "Comfortably Numb."
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

pete98146 wrote:That's really a wonderful post! I think one of the biggest issues with this forum is the majority of the guys on Happier Abroad are, or will be card carrying members of MGTOW. I'm one of those guys that is happily married to a foreign lady but it's not for everybody. It still takes quite a bit of money, luck, social skills and patience to find a foreign wife and not everybody here has the resources to succeed.

More and more men find it easier to function alone. I'm a 52 year old male and most of my guy friends are single. The bitterness eventually soon replaced by apathy and they don't see being alone as abnormal. In the words of Pink Floyd, they morph into becoming "Comfortably Numb."
That's a big part of why I left. My peers were complacent. It made me shudder.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: To the man who does nothing

Post by Jester »

MarcosZeitola wrote:To the man who does nothing,
Say nothing
To the man who sits still,
Start moving
To the man who is lonely,
Find worthy company
To the man who is sick,
Try and get better
For the man with no purpose,
Find your purpose
Because life,
Is too short to waste

Some people waste their lives complaining. I have noticed it on several threads, several topics. There are two types of men on here: those who act, and those who do not. There's virulent racists and women haters who never even left the country. Angry virgins raging against the world, filled with hatred against society. They talk an awful lot but they don't deliver. And that's a shame because they are selling themselves short.

Yes, the West sucks in many ways. Yes, feminism has ruined many people. Yes, society isn't what it used to be. In some ways it has improved, in many more ways it has done the opposite. Life is not the way many of us want it to be. And that's fine! Where one man sees but obstacles, another sees opportunities! Where one man sees only rain, another already imagines the sunshine. Where one one man only dreams and does nothing, others work towards achieving their dreams every day. Bit by bit.

I am young. I am married. My wife is far from me and I have to make money to escape the West permanently and get us a house. Something that we have to have done before the end of 2015. Long distance relationships are far from ideal but we have to make do. In the meantime I work. I write. I converse with people online and these conversations, some of them on these forums, have been inspiring to me. At the same time I watch my food, I work out cycle outside daily for about an hour or so. I take long walks and I take good care of myself. I don't play games, I don't waste my time. Every night before I sleep I think of one thing I accomplished that day, and sleep with this in mind.

I'm not where I want to be yet. I live in the West still and I miss my wife and child dearly. I miss the warm sun of the Philippines. The rice, fresh fruit and sweet meat. I miss the jeepneys, the buses, the cracked roads. The dogs and chickens who are everywhere. The many children freely playing outside in the mud. The rural, simple country life. The fresh mountain air, the trees and bushes that are everywhere. The rice fields and the coconuts so abundant you could trip over them easily. I miss the nightly drinking of the men, the liquor and the snacks, the buko juice and the Red Horse beer. My wife's embrace. Love.

Yes I miss it... soon I will be returning. It's a good life there. A traditional life, a simple life. I do not mind the mosquitos, the kalambu works fine. The bugs I ignore. The dogs, they like me. The locals are friendly. The weather is great. Attitudes are different, culture is different. Gender roles are not the same as they are here; a woman will always cook and clean and not doing so would be frowned upon. The men drink, the women cook. Some things they do together but overall there's clear differences in who does what, and this works fine. Sometimes the food is simple and the drink plain. Sometimes I'll lack the funds, cheap as food may be, to be overly excessive. Excess is for when guests arrive. Hospitality is common place.

It's good life, and a simple life. A good environment to raise a large family and raise the children with good morals and values. There's little traffic and most of what we need we find within walking distance. There's no internet, no TV. Not even telephones. And I enjoy it! Others might be driven crazy from the lack of technology but it's this old-fashioned world, this environment of bygone eras, that I've always been fascinated by ever since I was a child. It is the inner romantic in me who takes great joy in the simplest of things. I am a firm believer in the principle that if the little things cannot please you, you are unworthy of the big things.

It will be an exciting change for me, but a good one. In the natural and serene environment I will live my life and it will be a simple life. I hope to set up some sort of local business, a farm perhaps or a store. There's even talks of, in the long run, starting up our very own school! I will see what the future has in store for me. Above all I wish for peace, calm and serenity and a good life to live. Surrounded by my large and growing family, I wish to grow old. I'll never be rich in material possessions but hopefully I will be rich in life experience and overall enjoyment. Thinking of the future fills me with a great longing, a burning passion, a great desire. It fills me with hope and undying optimism.

Some men do nothing. They wither away, the years go by and nothing happens. Hatred fills their hearts, where love should be. Rage, where hope should be. Inactivity in place of the much needed activity. And pessimism where they are badly in need of optimism. That's not a way to live a life, my friends! Don't dream of monomaniacal projects, of overthrowing governments, of revenge fantasies against whoever wronged you. Don't dwell on the rejections you have inevitably suffered. Don't let whatever negativity has colored your life for so long, shape who you are as a person. Instead find that hope, that optimism. Keep that little fire within yourself burning. Let it motivate you to do amazing things.

Life's short. Short and brutal. But only if you want it to be... don't be the man who does nothing.
Beautiful
+1
Jonny Law
Experienced Poster

Post by Jonny Law »

pete98146 wrote:That's really a wonderful post! I think one of the biggest issues with this forum is the majority of the guys on Happier Abroad are, or will be card carrying members of MGTOW. I'm one of those guys that is happily married to a foreign lady but it's not for everybody. It still takes quite a bit of money, luck, social skills and patience to find a foreign wife and not everybody here has the resources to succeed.

Fact-
Everyone who is employed does have what it takes to be Happier Abroad.
The current federal minimum wage is $7.25 per hour. A full-time minimum wage employee earns $15,080 annually.
Just by saving 20% a person will have over $3,000 to travel.
NO PERSON WITH A JOB CAN TRUTHFULLY SAY THEY CANNOT MEET A FOREIGN GIRL.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

There are a few practical problems posed by modern society to useful actions. Both the state of technology and the nature of the human condition mean that most worthwhile enterprises require the cooperation of a functional community. It takes a village to raise a child properly. It takes a huge infrastructure to train a scientist. A Christian knight needs and army to be a part of. If no such support network to tap into exists, if essentially everyone is a scumbag wedded to a corrupt system, then very few worthwhile activities are possible.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Jonny Law wrote:Everyone who is employed does have what it takes to be Happier Abroad.
The current federal minimum wage is $7.25 per hour. A full-time minimum wage employee earns $15,080 annually.
Just by saving 20% a person will have over $3,000 to travel.
NO PERSON WITH A JOB CAN TRUTHFULLY SAY THEY CANNOT MEET A FOREIGN GIRL.
OK, so you spend a year saving $3k to go on holiday for a week and meet a foreign girl. What then?
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Yes, angry racists like Cornfed, for example.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Cornfed wrote:There are a few practical problems posed by modern society to useful actions. Both the state of technology and the nature of the human condition mean that most worthwhile enterprises require the cooperation of a functional community. It takes a village to raise a child properly. It takes a huge infrastructure to train a scientist. A Christian knight needs and army to be a part of.
It takes a village indeed. You will find such villages in the Philippines, for example. If going Amish isn't your style I say its a pretty decent alternative. They have large extended families, lots of uncles, aunts and parents around. You'll never be short of a cousin or a nephew or niece willing to help. The people live a traditional life, food and resources are cheap as f**k, housing is too. Most people are Christian, haven't seen too many knights around but you might find a White Knight or two. :lol:
Cornfed wrote:If no such support network to tap into exists, if essentially everyone is a scumbag wedded to a corrupt system, then very few worthwhile activities are possible.
Such a support system exists. Mostly outside of the West, though you may find similar societies among for example the Amish. Your best bet would be the Philippines, which is what I went for. And one thing you would like about the place, being the racist motherf***er you are, is that (especially among the older generations) there's a lot of dislike for black people. This might stem from the same sexual jealousy you yourself appear to suffer from; after the Second World War lots of black American soldiers woo'ed the local ladies and as a result there's quite a few mixed individuals there. A black man still won't do badly in the Philippines, although their beauty ideals still favor light skin: the children of a White and a Filipino parent are generally seen as more beautiful. For this reason alone it's something you ought to consider.

Don't give me any of this "such a system does not exist" bullshit because it simply isn't true. All you need to do is go abroad, go rural and settle down in a quiet place far away from the West, feminism and Western women you hate so dearly. You won't soon come across a black person, nor any other Westerner if you go deep enough into the provinces and away from the cities and tourist destinations.

Escaping is possible. It's not even that difficult. It just takes some drive, some motivation and some enthusiasm from your side. Stop making excuses for yourself, man! Life's short enough as it is. Why waste it being bitter and alone living in a society you despise, surrounded by people who you despise? With such built-up anger and frustration you are a heart attack waiting to happen... please man, just go abroad. If only for you to get an outlet for all that sexual frustration. :wink:
zboy1 wrote:Yes, angry racists like Cornfed, for example.
That would be a good example of the type of man I am talking about, yes. No man who thinks of non-whites as "basically animals" and calls having sex with them "bestiality" will ever be happy abroad. I mean if white women don't want you, and others aren't good enough for you, you're screwed big time.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

MarcosZeitola wrote:Don't give me any of this "such a system does not exist" bullshit because it simply isn't true. All you need to do is go abroad, go rural and settle down in a quiet place far away from the West, feminism and Western women you hate so dearly.
As we've discussed here before, there are various potential problems with this. For most of us the immediate issue is how to earn enough money. After that there is the problem of the declining status of Western men, the increasing encroachment of the death cult of feminist modernity in other countries, the fact that you would be raising your kids in isolation or with your wife's family so the arrangement is wrong to begin with, the fact that your kids would at best be absorbed into the local culture so they are worthless from a legacy point of view, the fact that you would likely be killed and eaten in a SHTF situation etc. It might work OK for some, but it is not some kind of universal panacea.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Cornfed wrote:As we've discussed here before, there are various potential problems with this. For most of us the immediate issue is how to earn enough money.
You can get by using very little. A very basic income, even slightly below average, would allow you to get decent housing and set up some form of business abroad from which you could then live. This can be achieved in a few years work.
Cornfed wrote:After that there is the problem of the declining status of Western men
So you wait and do nothing as our status presumably declines further? :roll:
Cornfed wrote:the increasing encroachment of the death cult of feminist modernity in other countries
Hence you go rural. You don't go living in Seoul or Manila. You go rural. There's no feminism there, guaranteed. Hell, there isn't even internet in many places and I'm fine with that. Imagine the peace and quiet of such a place!
Cornfed wrote:the fact that you would be raising your kids in isolation or with your wife's family so the arrangement is wrong to begin with
Nah there are schools there. Small town schools and colleges in other parts of the country you can send them to later to broaden their intellectual and social horizons, after which they'd live with relatives free of charge (large extended families and hospitality like that you rarely see in the west nowadays). What isolation do you speak of? Also... isn't a bit of isolation alright, when the opposite would be living in a society that's poisoned and toxic for a child to grow up in? ;) It wouldn't be a social isolation anyway, as these types of towns tend to have a high overall fertility rate so there would be a lot of playmates for children to socialize with and grow up as responsible, social and outgoing adults who should have no trouble finding a nice partner when the time comes.
Cornfed wrote:the fact that your kids would at best be absorbed into the local culture so they are worthless from a legacy point of view
What the hell man? I don't get this one... how would they be worthless from a legacy point of view when they marry into local families and spread your family name around whatever place you live in? That sounds like a lot more of a legacy then to live in the West alone and die childless without passing on any genes. Now that's the loss of a legacy if there ever was any! Live in a small rural village, raise a large family... kids will have dual citizenship and the ability to live abroad if they ever wish to. That would ensure your genetic lineage to potentially stretch among different continents and nations. A better and more lasting legacy you cannot make for yourself in today's world. Take it or leave it.
Cornfed wrote:the fact that you would likely be killed and eaten in a SHTF situation etc.
Well then be killed or eaten! If I get killed or eaten at least I had a good life and I made the best of it. I'll have children and grandchildren, leave a widow. Descendants. It would have been a life well lived, as opposed to a life well wasted.
Cornfed wrote:It might work OK for some, but it is not some kind of universal panacea.
You are just finding excuses. Endless excuses on why NOT to do it. But what is the alternative? I think to always be looking for excuses to justify your lack of activity is a clear sign of weakness. You should stop over analyzing every move you could potentially take, man. You are a pessimist and you always think of the worst things that could happen. Instead, focus on the positive sides. You are selling yourself short here and repeating the same things over and over again.

In the end what I think, is that you are simply afraid. Afraid to take that giant leap forward. So you stand there like a little boy on a high cliff, afraid to jump in the water below his friends already dived into safely. You see them swim and have a great time and you just stand there, unable to take that final step separating yourself from the happiness down below.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

MarcosZeitola wrote: You are just finding excuses. Endless excuses on why NOT to do it. But what is the alternative? I think to always be looking for excuses to justify your lack of activity is a clear sign of weakness. You should stop over analyzing every move you could potentially take, man. You are a pessimist and you always think of the worst things that could happen. Instead, focus on the positive sides. You are selling yourself short here and repeating the same things over and over again.
Well, I've spent about 5 years out of the last 10 overseas, and it was never possible to get married and settle down because there was never a viable, long term professional and social niche to settle into. Things don't necessarily just magically fall into place. And I'm clearly not the only one in this regard. You hear of Westerners running out of money and becoming destitute or otherwise getting themselves into trouble in the third world all the time.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Cornfed wrote:
MarcosZeitola wrote: You are just finding excuses. Endless excuses on why NOT to do it. But what is the alternative? I think to always be looking for excuses to justify your lack of activity is a clear sign of weakness. You should stop over analyzing every move you could potentially take, man. You are a pessimist and you always think of the worst things that could happen. Instead, focus on the positive sides. You are selling yourself short here and repeating the same things over and over again.
Well, I've spent about 5 years out of the last 10 overseas, and it was never possible to get married and settle down because there was never a viable, long term professional and social niche to settle into. Things don't necessarily just magically fall into place. And I'm clearly not the only one in this regard. You hear of Westerners running out of money and becoming destitute or otherwise getting themselves into trouble in the third world all the time.
Still finding excuses to justify your lack of success, I see. And you only picked out one part of my reply to reply to, whereas I tried to give a counter-argument for each and every of the points you threw up.

You focus on the negative more then on the positive. It's like trying to get Mr. T on an airplane; it just doesn't work unless you drug him and carry him on it. What you seem to suffer from is chronic stubbornness. A disease that, sadly, has no cure.

Those who go abroad and settle into an environment far different from their own successfully, all have one thing in common: an adventurous spirit and an overwhelmingly positive outlook on life. You got to have a bit of a cowboy mentality, the willingness to plunge yourself into the unknown. To try new types of food you never have seen in your life, sleep in places less sanitary then you expect. Visit bathrooms that'll make the skin of a lesser man crawl and go through it all with a smile and a joke.

If you cannot do this then you are too much of a weak, decadent Westerner far removed from your conquering colonialist roots, from the Vikings and Zulu Warriors or whatever it is you are a descendant from. If you are weak and decadent, overly picky, pessimistic and negative about practically everything, you best stay home in the West. :roll:

But mind you: if you stay home and complain behind your screen, spouting racist, hateful and borderline psychopathic rants on the internet, that makes you the man this original post was all about. The man who does nothing. Never satisfied with the little pleasures in life, destined to remain forever unhappy, unworthy of the bigger things in life. The Filipino's I speak to say there are two types of foreigners, the ones who only eat foreign food, only speak English and never bother to integrate, and the ones who put themselves out there and never refuse a dish no matter how weird it looks or a custom no matter how strange it seems. You got the team players and the screamers on the sideline. The first universally respected and admired, the second universally disliked and despised, no matter where in the world you go.

It seems like you made your decision, Cornfed. You are the man who does nothing.
Luc Furr
Freshman Poster

Post by Luc Furr »

Strange and arrogant poem.

1) by your reasoning arsonists, hired murderers and thieves, who destroy everything they touch but are doing "something" have the right to speak.
2) sitters get up; you would tell the meditating Buddah, who sat for 7 weeks under a tree to stop thinking and move.
3) lonely man find a companion; perhaps it would be better to first discover why he is lonely.
4) wasting life; one man's wasted life is another man's treasured journey

America might actually be a good place for you. You can "work" your little job, get up and go shopping, you can buy a cat or dog as a companion, make enough money to take a trip now and then so as not to "waste" your life.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Luc Furr wrote:Strange and arrogant poem.
Opinions, opinions! :wink:
Luc Furr wrote:1) by your reasoning arsonists, hired murderers and thieves, who destroy everything they touch but are doing "something" have the right to speak
Nah. I was talking about people who actively go out of their way to achieve happiness in life. People who work hard for their personal success. People who stay focused on their goals. People who are dreamers, and who have an adventurous mentality not afraid of change. It's as if you didn't even read the damn post, lol.
Luc Furr wrote:2) sitters get up; you would tell the meditating Buddah, who sat for 7 weeks under a tree to stop thinking and move
Yeah I would tell that dude to get up and live a little. Sitting in a dress underneath a tree starving yourself to death and living a celibate lifestyle, that shits unhealthy as f**k. I'd tell him that. :roll: No offense Buddha, you're a mighty chill dude but live a little, man!
Luc Furr wrote:3) lonely man find a companion; perhaps it would be better to first discover why he is lonely.
He's lonely because he does not have a companion. You're arguing in circles.
Luc Furr wrote:4) wasting life; one man's wasted life is another man's treasured journey
It sure may be. But if at the end of that "treasured journey" he is left dying full of regrets, don't tell me I didn't warn the poor fellow.
Luc Furr wrote:America might actually be a good place for you. You can "work" your little job, get up and go shopping, you can buy a cat or dog as a companion, make enough money to take a trip now and then so as not to "waste" your life.
Dogs and cats do not offer the same level of closeness and love a child does, or a woman's love and warm embrace. You can walk the dog and scoop up after him. You can play with a cat too, but I'd much rather play with a p***y. :lol: I would be driven insane if all I had in my house was my own mug every morning in the mirror and some pets. What works for me may not work for someone else and vice versa. But for most men and women I think it is very important to share your life with someone. Someone human, preferably.

My treasured journey is a never ending one. But it sure does allow me to build up far more of a future then any other journey would if it does not involve a lasting and loving relationship, raising a family and traveling around. My life's an adventure, my life's a battle, a joy and a pain in the ass. It's a million things. I wouldn't have it any other way. It's far from perfect or ideal. And I am not where I want to be yet. I have plenty left to dream of, but at least I allow myself to dream. I remain optimistic and positive and feel as if I can take on the whole world.

I hoped to inspire a few people with my post, rather then come across as arrogant. The last thing I want is to is pretend my life is all perfect and I am all-knowing. I am still learning every day and my views change too. All I know is this: I decided a long time ago I was not happy with the life I lived and the place I lived in. Met a girl abroad. Fell in love. Then I became focused on going there. Staying their. No matter what it takes. I found the place that is perfect for me and based on what I read here, a lot people want similar things in life. What just got to me was the unneeded pessimism some people display. The narrow-mindedness, the negativity. It's all so unproductive and silly.

That is why I wrote this topic. Because you don't want to be the man who does nothing. Because to do nothing is to go nowhere, and to go nowhere is to waste your time. The train of life rides on, you can either hop on it or watch it take off and stand there with your hands in your pocket. The choice is all yours. I made mine.

Return to “General Discussions”