Why do girls bleach their hair?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Why do girls bleach their hair?

Post by Tsar »

Why do girls bleach their hair to appear blonde? It's even popular in countries like Russia. Why do they want to appear blonde? It's not like they can permanently change their hair color. It seems like a waste and like they're trying to commit a fraud to get a man. The bleached blonde hair combined with eyebrows which have their natural hair color create a weird look. Can't they tell that men will realize its bleached? Why not just keep their hair natural instead of bleaching it blonde? I wouldn't ever date a girl that bleached her hair. Even women in their 30s and 40s do it so its not just girls in their teens or 20s.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

DanielleNguyen
Freshman Poster

Post by DanielleNguyen »

in all honesty I have no idea. It gets on my nerves too because it looks cheap and crappy in my opinion. Then the over processing completely fries your hair. I've seen lots of older women and teens do it here in America and I am like way to destroy the health of your hair.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Have you guys ever seen an Asian women with bleached, blonde hair? It's a crazy sight, and their usually the 'self-hating' Asian female types, too.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

I don't know if any of you knew this, but Debbie Harry (of the band Blondie), is actually a brunette w/ regular brown hair. She'd been bleaching, her whole adult life for her music career.

And this is her iconic look ...

She clearly doesn't look like some stereotypical blonde bimbo like Marilyn. So the smart brunette playing a blonde, seems to work here.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
KokujinKrusader
Freshman Poster

Post by KokujinKrusader »

Everyone wants to be more beautiful, and the global media promotes blonde as beautiful. It's the same reason why some people might bleach their skin, hit the gym, and so on.

There are also some people that just want to try a new style too (although that is often just used as an excuse, I do believe that some people do it for "fun" or to try it out).