Poll: Should Cornfed be banned?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Should Cornfed be banned?

Yes. He should be permanently banned. His extreme racism is irreconcilable with basic civility, which has been demonstrated repeatedly.
43%
Neither. He should continue to be given warnings and temporary bans, until he learns to change his behavior.
11%
No. Cornfed is a good poster and should be allowed to say anything he wants under free speech.
46%

Total votes: 89
Seeker
Freshman Poster

Post by Seeker »

He isn't breaking any rules by posting racist views, I noticed recently he doesn't hit back with personal attacks nearly as much as he is attacked personally himself. I'd be more interested in his experiences with women abroad so maybe he should post more about that and less about his racial views.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

Winston, you're being illogical. Why do you want to attract mainstream people if the whole purpose of this site is how the mainstream West is bad? Isn't mainstream thinking antithetical to freethinking? You'd also lose your niche and let HA become a generic travel website/forum with a lot more competition.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Seeker wrote:I'd be more interested in his experiences with women abroad so maybe he should post more about that and less about his racial views.
This. :D

He says he has lived abroad for ten years but all I ever hear from him is whining about race. I think his experiences abroad and with foreign women are a lot more interesting. His racial views are old news, if he wishes to be a quality poster let him share something that really has relevance on these forums. It is called "HappierAbroad" after all, not "MiserableAtHome". :wink:
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

You know, you guys could just put Cornfed on ignore too. There is an ignore button next to his posts.

Wow, for the first time, the votes against Cornfed's banning are in the lead now!
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
somedude
Freshman Poster

Post by somedude »

Winston wrote:
Repatriate wrote:Winston your infantile threats to ban anyone that offers dissenting opinions is just a sign of cowardice. Once again the claims of being a "truth seeking" forum is about as contradictive and laughable as your claims of being a warrior. Everything you have said so far about yourself or this forum is contradicted by your actions.
This has nothing to do with dissenting opinions. Your reading comprehension must suck. You also lack wisdom, common sense, conscience, empathy, sensitivity, tact, being considerate, EQ and people skills.

I explained many times already that free speech does not give a license to every asshole like you to be as rude, nasty and mean-spirited as he wants. Is that what you think it means? Geez. We can't have zero behavior standards here. There has to be some standards. Otherwise, what's to prevent me from posting Rock's photos against his wishes? See what I mean? There is no such thing as zero laws, zero rules or zero standards. No community can exist like that, not even an online community.

Free speech still has to operate within certain ethical guidelines and behavioral standards. That's reality and it makes sense. Wise people understand this. So do people with common sense. You seem to lack both.
You describe a double standard. Free speech is the freedom to voice an opinion no matter what others might "feel" about it, feelings are highly subjective and irrelevant to logic. If one doesn't have thick enough skin to handle free speech then he is not free. Do you think one of the founding fathers gave a crap about offending someone with his opinion? Women generally do as they are highly emotional creatures. Do you let your emotions rule the day or your logic?

If you want to impose rules on posting, then do not advertise the forum as being free speech.
---

SD
Array9
Freshman Poster

Post by Array9 »

I didn't bother to vote.

Didn't we have a trial for Odbo as well? (I thought I saw a post about that)

What is the purpose of banning Cornfed if a month from now we are going to have a "Should we unban Cornfed" discussion? :roll:
Men chase, women choose

As long as you have gold in your hand, you will ALWAYS have bread on your table.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Again, Cornfed should stay. He just cannot be granted access to the newly-expat sub-forum where clearly that never he'd be ready. His Aussie experiences are trumped by his bigotry.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Array9 wrote:I didn't bother to vote.

Didn't we have a trial for Odbo as well? (I thought I saw a post about that)

What is the purpose of banning Cornfed if a month from now we are going to have a "Should we unban Cornfed" discussion? :roll:
I'm reasonably sure Odbo and Cornfed are the same person under different monikers.

Odbo/Cornfed is essentially a troll who likes to get a rise out of black men who he resents for depriving him of the white women he feels entitled to have but cannot attract.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Winston wrote:Also, FYI, most forums operate with politically correct censorship, but that does not doom them. In fact, it does the opposite. It attracts more mainstream people and grows their forum.
It will doom the forum in this case, as it did Orient Expat, Men Are Better That Women and many other forums. This forum caters to a niche and once you ban or drive off posters in that niche, other posters will leave because they were only here to read, attention whore from or troll the niche posters. It probably doesn't matter now as it is likely already too late.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:I'm reasonably sure Odbo and Cornfed are the same person under different monikers.
Obviously not.
Odbo/Cornfed is essentially a troll who likes to get a rise out of black men who he resents for depriving him of the white women he feels entitled to have but cannot attract.
I realize that as far as blacks are concerned the universe revolves around your genitals and it is natural for you to project this mentality onto others. I can only keep pointing out that this is an incorrect assumption on your part.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

On the related stupidity of setting up a private forum, this was discussed here and apparently decided against.
viewtopic.php?t=10264

What has changed? Has Winston suffered some kind of brain hemorrhage since then?
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Winston wrote: You are getting paranoid and jumping the gun. This is about one poster whose excessive racist remarks and offensive behavior has been going on for a long time. This is only about one poster. There is no inquisition coming. This problem will not carry over onto others, unless they deserve it of course. There is no wave coming where many people are going to be banned. We will never be like Orient Expat. This forum will always be run with reason and rationality.
I am not paranoid, but I ask where is the borderline about 'racism' or similar controversial topics. What is for example an 'excessive racist remark' and what not?

I was choosing the 'Orientexpat' as it is the best example I know, because Cornfed, I myself and you too, we all 3, were banned out of various 'reasons'.

I don't think, it is only about 1 poster either, it's more about a guideline what is still OK and what not. It's not only about black men, but also about white women, about gypsies in Europe, about any person, about any group.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Yohan wrote:I was choosing the 'Orientexpat' as it is the best example I know, because Cornfed, I myself and you too, we all 3, were banned out of various 'reasons'.
Actually I left of my own accord due to feminists deleting my posts and was only banned recently, but OE is a good example of politically correct moderation destroying a niche forum.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

Is there any real difference between an excessive racist remark that is found to be offensive or an excessive personal attack that is found to be offensive? I don't believe that there is a major difference. To be fair would require everyone to be more sensitive and not personally attack another poster.

There is no real line between what is sensitive enough or not because it relies on how the other poster is willing to ignore what they know is just an illogical emotional response. I could have responded to some posts in my "Feeling Lonely" thread returning personal attacks but I chose not to give that emotional response. I choose to make a logical response because I know emotional attacks and returning personal attacks isn't productive and it doesn't accomplish anything. Cornfed is being singled out in some respects. It's a matter of what someone is willing to ignore because they know what was posted wasn't logical. Posters have the ignore feature to ignore another poster they find to be personally offensive.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Tsar wrote:Is there any real difference between an excessive racist remark that is found to be offensive or an excessive personal attack that is found to be offensive?
Yes actually. The former is free speech and the latter is being a jerk. Hence in bizzaro reverso world, the former attracts censorship whereas the latter is tolerated.