Feeling Lonely After Seeing Couples

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Jackal wrote:And learning Russian does not limit one to Russia. There are many countries, such as Kazakhstan, Latvia, etc. where there are lots of Russian speakers. And going to these countries might toughen him up and help him mature if he gets to hang out with some of the local men who are manly, tough dudes in way which you will never find in the US.
MarcosZeitola wrote: He's not a bad guy and I genuinely wish him well. But he has some deep-seated issues to fix, some demons of his own to battle. And he has to face these challenges and obstacles and strive towards overcoming them, if he ever wants to get ahead in life. He already wasted six years of his adult life from what I gather.
Well, shit, most of us have some "deep-seated issues" here! lol In fact, if a guy is just perfectly awesome, I am not sure why he would post here or waste time posting much on the internet in general for that matter.
I think in summary, don't be a subject of a Roy Orbison song ...

I can't believe I'm quoting one of my dad's songs :roll:

But Orbison's dour mood (mixed with intense shyness in his real life) is only one step away from suicide. Luckily, he was successful & none of that happened :)
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Tsar wrote:My conversation speak is relatively formal, no slang or rarely any slang, and respectable. Compared to most people my writing can be very poetic or descriptive, but my conversation is like most respectable people of this modern era.
That's a good thing, then. Sounding a little too old for your years can be a negative quality for some people. You talking like a respectable middle aged college professor or a reverend may help you in a job interview but a sixteen year old girl may feel a certain disconnection. You are 24 right now, is that correct? Say you achieved some level of financial independence, and a good knowledge of Russian... say you improved your social skills, your confidence, your experience and the way you carry yourself. All this may take a few more years. And then of course, finding the RIGHT girl would be equally challenging. She has to be beautiful, very young, and a virgin. And - most importantly! - she has to LIKE you back.

Before you find this girl you may very well be in your early thirties. With your high ideals and morals, as well as your not-very-outgoing nature, chances are you'd still be a virgin at this age. Inexperienced in love, inexperienced in life, entirely new to the whole relationship game, and about to jump straight into a marriage!

Put yourself in the girls' shoes for a bit. You just come out of school with your friends and a short, well-groomed American man walks up to you. As he stands in front of you, you discover he's as tall as you if not slightly shorter. He says he is looking for a wife... he's twice your age and has never been with a woman, but he says he has money and honor, and will take good care of you. The stranger talks Russian but uses words not heard since the days of the Tsar. You are quite taken aback by the strange man, who acts so formal and old-fashioned he seems to have walked straight from a Tolstoy novel. All he's missing is the sword and cavalry uniform. :lol:

Be honest with me Tsar... this is a bit of a bizarre scenario from the girls point of view, isn't it?
Tsar wrote:I am in the process of creating a few websites. I've written a collection of poems and sonnets over the past few years. I am saving them to publish my own book of poetry. Now that I'm out of college and don't have any homework I have more time to actually complete some of the novels for which I have written overviews.
It's good that you are creating things. By all means, continue to create things. I say hurry up and get these sites up and running, it'll give you something to focus your attention to as a nice, productive hobby on the side as you work towards improving yourself and making yourself desirable for your future wife.

Just out of curiosity, may I ask what these sites are about?
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal »

Since you're attracted to fantasy, Tsar, here is a Russian folk metal video for you! :D

S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Jackal wrote:Since you're attracted to fantasy, Tsar, here is a Russian folk metal video for you! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZT2RRGBy2M
For me, it feels like Satriani's Extremist has found a home in a medieval Russian novel/movie.

Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

AB discussion thread

Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

eurobrat wrote:
Tsar wrote:I am in the process of creating a few websites. I've written a collection of poems and sonnets over the past few years. I am saving them to publish my own book of poetry. Now that I'm out of college and don't have any homework I have more time to actually complete some of the novels for which I have written overviews.
Your pathetic, get your head out of your a** and get out there. Stop playing around with your blog ideas.
Almost all you've done throughout this thread is post antagonistic comments and personal attacks against me.
Jonny Law
Experienced Poster

Post by Jonny Law »

Cornfed wrote:
eurobrat wrote:Why do you assume it's luck and not hard work? Or maybe 90% hard work and 10% luck?
Dude, I know plenty of people who piss away more hard work in the morning than you could contemplate who are unemployed. Whole regions such as in the Appalachia have gone from proud, independent mountain men to crackheads on welfare in less than a decade. And you, who are handed a career and are so lucky, choose to insult them. So you worked hard. You probably didn't really, but don't you get it? - we all work hard. We are all driven. We all strive to do whatever. You are nothing special. The system could have chosen someone else for your job and could choose someone else tomorrow. You are lucky, yet instead of acknowledging your luck you would rather delusional aggrandize yourself at others’ expense. You are a really horrible person.
My advice to you Cronfed and everyone else is to Work your ass off and find a good job. You cannot be jealous of everyone who has a better job than you.

Fayetteville-Springdale-Rogers, Arkansas has one of the lowest unemployment rates in America. You have to be willing to work harder than others and not make excuses. You may even have to move.

Luck is a part of it, but is not the whole thing.

As for Appalachia, it always had problems with Moonshine, drugs and poverty. Now the problems seem to be getting worse.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Jonny Law wrote:My advice to you Cronfed and everyone else is to Work your a** off and find a good job.
Collectively taking such advice will be disastrous, since there are only a certain shrinking number of good jobs available and they are largely given out to rich tossers, females, dysgenics and other maggots that the elite don't feel threatened by, or in any case for reasons beyond the applicants' control. It would make much more sense to be looking for alternatives to the corporate puppy mill, such as being happier abroad.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

Jonny Law wrote:
Cornfed wrote:
eurobrat wrote:Why do you assume it's luck and not hard work? Or maybe 90% hard work and 10% luck?
Dude, I know plenty of people who piss away more hard work in the morning than you could contemplate who are unemployed. Whole regions such as in the Appalachia have gone from proud, independent mountain men to crackheads on welfare in less than a decade. And you, who are handed a career and are so lucky, choose to insult them. So you worked hard. You probably didn't really, but don't you get it? - we all work hard. We are all driven. We all strive to do whatever. You are nothing special. The system could have chosen someone else for your job and could choose someone else tomorrow. You are lucky, yet instead of acknowledging your luck you would rather delusional aggrandize yourself at others’ expense. You are a really horrible person.
My advice to you Cronfed and everyone else is to Work your a** off and find a good job. You cannot be jealous of everyone who has a better job than you.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLlrn3_G1ZQ#t=573[/youtube]
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

Jackal wrote:Since you're attracted to fantasy, Tsar, here is a Russian folk metal video for you! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZT2RRGBy2M
I enjoyed the music video. Folk music and folk metal are two of my favorites.

Here are two songs off my youtube playlist.

Folk

Folk Rock?
Last edited by Tsar on June 17th, 2014, 9:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Tsar wrote: I enjoyed the music video. Folk music and folk metal are two of my favorites.

Here are two songs off my youtube playlist.

Folk
For those who don't know, Blackmore's Night is a duo of former Deep Purple's virtuoso guitarist, Ritchie Blackmore, and Candice Knight, the folk vocalist.

When Ritchie had officially retired from Deep Purple, Joe Satriani had filled in for him and was deemed a worth successor. Soon afterwards, Satriani left to become a solo instrumentalist, as he didn't want to be confined into the role of simply being a stand-on for Blackmore.

AB discussion thread

MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

I am curious, Tsar, about the way in which you hope to find your perfect dream bride. So please reply to this as I think this is something you have to think of:
Tsar wrote:My conversation speak is relatively formal, no slang or rarely any slang, and respectable. Compared to most people my writing can be very poetic or descriptive, but my conversation is like most respectable people of this modern era.
That's a good thing, then. Sounding a little too old for your years can be a negative quality for some people. You talking like a respectable middle aged college professor or a reverend may help you in a job interview but a sixteen year old girl may feel a certain disconnection. You are 24 right now, is that correct? Say you achieved some level of financial independence, and a good knowledge of Russian... say you improved your social skills, your confidence, your experience and the way you carry yourself. All this may take a few more years. And then of course, finding the RIGHT girl would be equally challenging. She has to be beautiful, very young, and a virgin. And - most importantly! - she has to LIKE you back.

Before you find this girl you may very well be in your early thirties. With your high ideals and morals, as well as your not-very-outgoing nature, chances are you'd still be a virgin at this age. Inexperienced in love, inexperienced in life, entirely new to the whole relationship game, and about to jump straight into a marriage!

Put yourself in the girls' shoes for a bit. You just come out of school with your friends and a short, well-groomed American man walks up to you. As he stands in front of you, you discover he's as tall as you if not slightly shorter. He says he is looking for a wife... he's twice your age and has never been with a woman, but he says he has money and honor, and will take good care of you. The stranger talks Russian but uses words not heard since the days of the Tsar. You are quite taken aback by the strange man, who acts so formal and old-fashioned he seems to have walked straight from a Tolstoy novel. All he's missing is the sword and cavalry uniform. :lol:

Be honest with me Tsar... this is a bit of a bizarre scenario from the girls point of view, isn't it?
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

MarcosZeitola wrote:Before you find this girl you may very well be in your early thirties. With your high ideals and morals, as well as your not-very-outgoing nature, chances are you'd still be a virgin at this age. Inexperienced in love, inexperienced in life, entirely new to the whole relationship game, and about to jump straight into a marriage!
Well said, I think it's best he just gets laid first and looses his virginity.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

MarcosZeitola wrote:Put yourself in the girls' shoes for a bit. You just come out of school with your friends and a short, well-groomed American man walks up to you. As he stands in front of you, you discover he's as tall as you if not slightly shorter. He says he is looking for a wife... he's twice your age and has never been with a woman, but he says he has money and honor, and will take good care of you. The stranger talks Russian but uses words not heard since the days of the Tsar. You are quite taken aback by the strange man, who acts so formal and old-fashioned he seems to have walked straight from a Tolstoy novel. All he's missing is the sword and cavalry uniform. :lol:

I agree that your scenario would be bizarre. I speak properly without slang. I don't use complex words that someone couldn't understand. I always talk at the level the other person can easily understand.

I wouldn't throw myself at a girl. I have code of honor but that doesn't mean I am entirely honorable and I'm not a pushover. I wouldn't tell her I have a lot of money because I don't want a gold-digger. I might want my ideal girl but I'm not desperate and I'm not desperate for any girl.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Tsar wrote: I wouldn't throw myself at a girl. I have code of honor but that doesn't mean I am entirely honorable and I'm not a pushover. I wouldn't tell her I have a lot of money because I don't want a gold-digger. I might want my ideal girl but I'm not desperate and I'm not desperate for any girl.
If you're not desperate than why are you on the forum writing posts that you're lonely? :?
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Tsar wrote:I agree that your scenario would be bizarre. I speak properly without slang. I don't use complex words that someone couldn't understand. I always talk at the level the other person can easily understand.
That's good, then. It's still a big step however for a sixteen year old girl to go from inexperienced schoolgirl to someone's wife in such a short period of time. Just like how for you, even when you are much older, it's quite a leap from "late twenties virgin who never dated" to someone's husband, a father, someone's rock and support. That's a lot of responsibility to jump into with no prior experience.
Tsar wrote:I wouldn't throw myself at a girl. I have code of honor but that doesn't mean I am entirely honorable and I'm not a pushover.
In what ways are you not entirely honorable, and how would this affect the way you act around a potential girlfriend\wife? Also isn't it very pressuring for your first girlfriend\love to also be a partner for life? It's a very all-or-nothing scenario it seems.

Why is you remaining a virgin "honorable", when in other aspects you are willing to be less then honorable if needs be?
Tsar wrote:I wouldn't tell her I have a lot of money because I don't want a gold-digger.
So what would you tell her, then, to get her attention? How would you make her interested in you? How would you woo her, make her fall for you? That's something that is very daunting for any man, let alone a man with no experience in the field.
Tsar wrote:I might want my ideal girl but I'm not desperate and I'm not desperate for any girl.
I think you are. I think most of us are. You see cute girls as a single guy and as all men, you have your desires, your wants and needs. You see a beautiful young girl at her peak and you want that body in your bed. It's nature, man. We all have these feelings. It'll lessen once you settle down with your one-and-only, but parts it of it will always linger.

You say you aren't desperate but I think you are, at least to a degree. I know I was when I was younger and had no girlfriend. I felt something was missing. There was a gap that needed to be filled, and it did not fill until I met the girl who now is my wife. If you weren't desperate at least on some level you would not have made this thread. You starting this topic tells me you are desperate for a girl. It's in the title, even! You are lonely. And there's no shame in being lonely. Just be honest. We've all been there. :wink:

Now that we've established that you are lonely. And that you need companionship in your life. Friendship would be a good way to start. Even if you would find your perfect girl, you would still need some friends to talk to on a regular basis. Some people can function perfectly without them but you feeling lonely tells me you are not one of them. Without immediately expecting love or romance, and while you continue to work on improving yourself and achieving independence, my advice is for you to try and make some friends as well. In real life, that is. Go out a bit, drink a bit, live a little. Pick up a sport or an activity. Trust me: you will feel a lot less lonely. Which is a good start as it would put you in a more positive and hopefully more productive mood. :D