Filipina MYTHS

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Hero wrote:Really? Seems to me that there are a lot of poor girls who still manage to scrape together enough $$$ to go to college.
They exist.

But they are not the ones hanging around on campus a lot, they will be studying hard in their rooms and possibly have jobs on the side. The more well-off ones will dress better, hang out with friends more and often have brand bags and clothes. You can really tell them apart from the other types. Although the poorer type, if she is educated, may be your best bet. I find a lot of the richer Filipino's to be very arrogant and snobby, and they treat their more lower class relatives appallingly as if they are servants.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

Some university girls are poor in a way cause afterall they have no job and often times its a overseas kuya other than their parents sending the money to pay for their tuition. They are one of the most common d emographics on dateinasia. Unfortunately MOST are flaky, shy, stupid, very busy and naive and inexperienced so I usually dont bother with really young university students online. The nurse girl im meeting and a few others ive chatted in the past is an exeption to the rule it seems but even then you really dont know how good they are in one of the nurse girls i chatted with she would have marreid any guy she moved fast and so did her aunt, she just wanted to get paid or maried lol. As a rule though 25+ is the best bet for a girl is less flakier and more mature but then again they are more baggage in other ways and might have been blown out by many foreigners youll never know.
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

Array9 wrote:
starchild5 wrote:I think its the timing. The secret is out, in less than 4-5 years, the game has changed. Being from India, a lowest common denominator in dating. I don't have anything to offer to Filipinas, not money, not looks, no visa..yet on my very first trip as I had written before...I had a blast. I dated super hot filipinas, regular filipinas for free and some for taxi fare and dinner etc....I couldn't believe what was happening to me...They will just come to my condo..Just like that..I swear...

Thailand acted as a shield for western guys to find out about Philippines. I really went to PH, because 4-5 years back, that was I could afford it, plus visa could be extended for long. Thailand was very racist towards Indians...My third world income supported my long term stay plans in the Philippines.

2014 and I'm having really hard time finding a date itself...It seems the entire Europe and America is here...Earlier, I could see no more than 10 gold or platinum packages on cupid...Now its like 500...Guys from even Belgium, Switzerland are showing up.

I can feel it as I'm the lowest common denominator to measure...Who would want an Indian now? when they have Americans and Europeans on offer...earlier, no one knew much about the Philippines...Thats when Winston went to PH and had a great time, so did others....

Now, It seems, the entire single western world knows about it...Its not a paradise anymore, The secret is out..My days are numbered...I'm holding on to the ones I could get...Its slowly beginning to feel like India with the girls attitude here towards me...:( ....even though with hard work I still manage to find few dates its no way near like before...but those who are coming new to PH would not feel the difference as they would be happy to get whats on offer, if they had bad dating life back home..

Now, some girls have attitude and give negative reply as well, I can't believe Filipinas could turn so cold on me, when they have choices now. Even on my last trip just six month back, and now, it has become worse.....

Now, they ask too many questions, want to first meet in a mall etc etc etc...The list of questions they ask is just way too long....Your perception of PH now is true but earlier it was not the case at all...The girls now, have far more to choose from than a lowly Indian guy like me....I can feel the difference and its not a good feeling at all...and now every other American wants to be in Philippines atleast once...I'm slowly becoming invisible here :(
How are you approaching the girls? What age range are you targeting?

I haven't been to the Philippines in two years but I am planning to visit in January of 2015. I will check out a few dating sites to see what vibe I get from the girls. Take into consideration that a normal girl will not have the time to be online looking for a man on Cupid. If the girl is the eldest female or Ate, she will be like a second mother to her younger siblings. A girl like this will not have much time to be online.

Although I do respect what you say, there are many places in the Philippines where foreigners are not aware of or unwilling to go to. I believe you mentioned that you were in the Manila area in another post. Have you ventured out to the provinces? Jump on a plane and get out of the city. The air quality will be better and you should have more success with females.

On another note, stop putting yourself down by saying that you are lowly. Indian men might not have the best reputation in SE Asia but they are known as hard working people in the West.
I mostly do online dating, age range from 18 to 35 but now, its 25 to 35. The club thingy is all hogwash for me, most girl i think i scored ends up asking for money in the morning. :D :D

I have lived in Cebu also, but not provinces. Manila was great before but now not so. The thing is, in small town, everyone knows everybody and my lifestyle is dating around, Manila provides a safe way to hide, In Cebu, which is a comparatively big city. After living for few months, I started encountering my old dates in Ayala mall terraces, the major place most Filipinos end up dining or meeting. Small cities for me do not provide the number of girls needed to date around plus due to my work, I really need a good internet connection and I'm not sure, if I can get that in small cities.

Even though deep down, I'm always seeking the one, If I found the one, and have enough savings, I will surely move to provinces.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

Hero wrote:Hey, have any of you tried hanging out near a college or university in the Philippines to meet girls? Details please :)
There are 4 colleges/universities in Dumaguete. You wouldn't have to actually hang around near the college. The students are all over the city. It's a very nice city, good infrastructure, better internet than most, some nice restaurants. But with 100,000 people it's not Manila or Cebu, if you need a big place.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

starchild5 wrote:
Array9 wrote:
starchild5 wrote:I think its the timing. The secret is out, in less than 4-5 years, the game has changed. Being from India, a lowest common denominator in dating. I don't have anything to offer to Filipinas, not money, not looks, no visa..yet on my very first trip as I had written before...I had a blast. I dated super hot filipinas, regular filipinas for free and some for taxi fare and dinner etc....I couldn't believe what was happening to me...They will just come to my condo..Just like that..I swear...

Thailand acted as a shield for western guys to find out about Philippines. I really went to PH, because 4-5 years back, that was I could afford it, plus visa could be extended for long. Thailand was very racist towards Indians...My third world income supported my long term stay plans in the Philippines.

2014 and I'm having really hard time finding a date itself...It seems the entire Europe and America is here...Earlier, I could see no more than 10 gold or platinum packages on cupid...Now its like 500...Guys from even Belgium, Switzerland are showing up.

I can feel it as I'm the lowest common denominator to measure...Who would want an Indian now? when they have Americans and Europeans on offer...earlier, no one knew much about the Philippines...Thats when Winston went to PH and had a great time, so did others....

Now, It seems, the entire single western world knows about it...Its not a paradise anymore, The secret is out..My days are numbered...I'm holding on to the ones I could get...Its slowly beginning to feel like India with the girls attitude here towards me...:( ....even though with hard work I still manage to find few dates its no way near like before...but those who are coming new to PH would not feel the difference as they would be happy to get whats on offer, if they had bad dating life back home..

Now, some girls have attitude and give negative reply as well, I can't believe Filipinas could turn so cold on me, when they have choices now. Even on my last trip just six month back, and now, it has become worse.....

Now, they ask too many questions, want to first meet in a mall etc etc etc...The list of questions they ask is just way too long....Your perception of PH now is true but earlier it was not the case at all...The girls now, have far more to choose from than a lowly Indian guy like me....I can feel the difference and its not a good feeling at all...and now every other American wants to be in Philippines atleast once...I'm slowly becoming invisible here :(
How are you approaching the girls? What age range are you targeting?

I haven't been to the Philippines in two years but I am planning to visit in January of 2015. I will check out a few dating sites to see what vibe I get from the girls. Take into consideration that a normal girl will not have the time to be online looking for a man on Cupid. If the girl is the eldest female or Ate, she will be like a second mother to her younger siblings. A girl like this will not have much time to be online.

Although I do respect what you say, there are many places in the Philippines where foreigners are not aware of or unwilling to go to. I believe you mentioned that you were in the Manila area in another post. Have you ventured out to the provinces? Jump on a plane and get out of the city. The air quality will be better and you should have more success with females.

On another note, stop putting yourself down by saying that you are lowly. Indian men might not have the best reputation in SE Asia but they are known as hard working people in the West.
I mostly do online dating, age range from 18 to 35 but now, its 25 to 35. The club thingy is all hogwash for me, most girl i think i scored ends up asking for money in the morning. :D :D

I have lived in Cebu also, but not provinces. Manila was great before but now not so. The thing is, in small town, everyone knows everybody and my lifestyle is dating around, Manila provides a safe way to hide, In Cebu, which is a comparatively big city. After living for few months, I started encountering my old dates in Ayala mall terraces, the major place most Filipinos end up dining or meeting. Small cities for me do not provide the number of girls needed to date around plus due to my work, I really need a good internet connection and I'm not sure, if I can get that in small cities.

Even though deep down, I'm always seeking the one, If I found the one, and have enough savings, I will surely move to provinces.

online girls from mindanao are total flakes as confirmed by many foreigners. so i would assume that rule applies for province girls also if it applies for mindanao. so there might be less competition but they also are more likely to flake or be so conservative to bring a friend and be "shy". so its a tradeoff. anyways ill see how my meeting goes with this nurse girl she is excited to see me sunday in secret. doubt it will get far but maybe i can see her multiple times and if it gets deep maybe ill break up with this girl. out of the hundreds of girls online she is hte only one who chatted with me all teh time and made an effort. i probably should have seen her first but she was a busy student and had already met foreigners before me.
green1976
Freshman Poster

Post by green1976 »

That's true man..you are better by telling yourself the true than to hide it.
More and more men are flocking to the Phillippines as Thailand is losing the "good girl attitude"thanks to the internet,to the enormous amount of men who goes there throwing stupid amount of money.
They get more choice now in the Phillipines and you are in competition with Westerners who are considered more wealthy,the white preference,the visa probability.
I can tell you as i traveled to Thailand many times,things are not as easy as it was 5 years ago.
Even bargirls are more picky,old men dislike the presence of so many young men.

Thai women doesn't like Indian men that's true..now as you are in the Phillippines try to enjoy your time the most as you can as for sure the next years will be worst.
Maybe a moment to try to build something i don't know.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
Hero wrote:Hey, have any of you tried hanging out near a college or university in the Philippines to meet girls? Details please :)
I have visited the campus several times with my girlfriend, who now is my wife. As I did, I got a lot of looks from Filipina students. Many of whom have no need for a foreigner for financial reasons as they are educated and often from a middle class background as it would otherwise be difficult for them to go into university in the first place. If this type of girl like you, you can be certain she likes you for YOU, not your wallet.

You'd have to be relatively young to pull this off, however. If you are well above thirty there comes a point where hanging around such places becomes creepy. But a semi-good looking, young foreign guy would do very well on a university campus.
Hunting for ladies in college towns IMHO will be either feast or famine with little middle ground. Again draw the line in the sand. Are you looking for a long term, marriage based relationship? If yes, a college town may be a gold mine. If no, you'd be wasting your time as correctly outlined by Marcos.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

I think im gonna have to backtrack on what i said LOL

This hot nurse girl is an even better catch then steve555 in some ways (she is as hot if not hotter, much younger and is more educated and earning potential) yet she likes me. (as mentionedi met her in person briefly awhile ago during a fight but told her i was going back to my girl. She doesn't like old guys so i have an edge because not only am i only 32 but i stay here months unlike many foreigners who want a 3 week vacation gf. but she has had foreigner boyfriends before but they lied and led her on and they were here only briefly or long distance. maybe she appreciates my brutal honesty and the fact i wasn't throwing myself at her i used to chat with her all the time and yet told her we weren't compatible so i didn't want to meet her.

Anyways i sent her a romantic text this morning and asked to be sure she is gonna meet tommorrow and she said yes. well see how it goes. is she just trying to befriend me and see if she likes me or not cautioulsy or is she gonna try aggressively to get me to break up?
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Just got done with a date with an attractive nurse girl and she said she likes me but then i didn't really see any evidence she did and now by text she is claiming she would have done more like kissing or come to my apartment but i had a girlfriend (but she wasn't even there and i told her and) but I dont know she never acted like she cared about that much or even me i didn't see any signs of true affection or attraction so I kept my distance and felt shy and just had long boring conversations what a major let down LOL. She came off as a major gold digger too in a rush to marry anyone i think. She was classy but too gold diggerish intentions. Id be worried if i brought her back to the u.s Ive noticed a lot of the nurse girls in phil are a bit independant and money motivated for my tastes. might have to just go home and forget philippines too much drama to get sex. Much easier to pay for it LOL
green1976
Freshman Poster

Post by green1976 »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:Just got done with a date with an attractive nurse girl and she said she likes me but then i didn't really see any evidence she did and now by text she is claiming she would have done more like kissing or come to my apartment but i had a girlfriend (but she wasn't even there and i told her and) but I dont know she never acted like she cared about that much or even me i didn't see any signs of true affection or attraction so I kept my distance and felt shy and just had long boring conversations what a major let down LOL. She came off as a major gold digger too in a rush to marry anyone i think. She was classy but too gold diggerish intentions. Id be worried if i brought her back to the u.s Ive noticed a lot of the nurse girls in phil are a bit independant and money motivated for my tastes. might have to just go home and forget philippines too much drama to get sex. Much easier to pay for it LOL
You can't have it both man and i'm not implying your are at fault there but keep real.
Most of us have the same problem.
We can't settle down in the Philippines or in Thailand so we end up having few possibilities.
Either we keep things in p4p or we try to bring back a woman to our places.
In both case,it's not the real solution we want but it sounds better than staying alone back home and struggling to find even a date.

This matter put us in a pressure position where these women knows exactly the score and can take advantage of it.
That doesn't mean we should in some way surrender and say oh it's better finally to settle down where we live because we don't have another choice.

Just keep things like a p4p relation and if guys are ready to take the risk to bring back a lady to a western country that wouldn't be my solution.

I agree that the situation is a hard one..how living each time knowing available women and being obligated to come back living a boring life and being disconnected.

Now in my case i got the response i think but it's not in the reach of most guys here and i can feel their pain lol.

I'm in a position to relocate myself in some way outside the Western feminist world so i have a total relax mood where now i just can go to SEA without dreaming of finding the good one,putting me in an inferior position...i keep the fun without the stress. :lol:
Halwick
Freshman Poster

Post by Halwick »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
Array9 wrote:I will still say that the provinces haven't been tarnished too badly by mongers yet
The province is best, yes. Fresh air, cleaner living, more nature around. The city is dirty, crowded and full of degenerates usually. If staying long-term is the goal, the smartest move anyone can ever make is going to more rural areas. Find your own little paradise somewhere on the Chinese sea, high up in the mountains with waterfalls everywhere, along the coastline of Cebu or what-have-you. It really is a varied and beautiful country.

If it is long-term what people want, here is my ideal checklist:

1: The girl has to be smart and interesting enough personality wise. Sure she can be pretty but that's not the most important. Pretty dumb girls get ugly, and remain dumb, whereas average smart girls get just as ugly yet remain smart.

2: The girl has to be young. Thus ensuring there will be no or very little baggage, no exes, no past, no children with other men and no secret lovers you won't know about.

So, forget about just looks alone people. But ensure you go to a good location and find a girl who is quality on several levels. This is key.
Re 1: That pretty much rules out the Filipinas. Even if you can find an educated one (who is more likely to be middle or upper class), they won't have anything to do with foreigners, unless they are prominently connected status-wise.

Re 2: How "young" are you targeting? I've noticed Filipinas as young as 17-20 years old posted on AFA with child or two. It's been acknowledged even on this blog that it's not uncommon for Filipinas under 20 to have children out of wedlock.

So smart, interesting and without baggage pretty much rules out Filipinas....by your standards.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

I think marcos should add "and no previous foreign boyfriends". Once another monger has screwed up their head they will always be in love with that guy or be spoiled rotten. its one reason why i was hesitant to meet the "nurse girl". My current girlfriend never had much boyfriend and certainly not foreigner hence she is not as expecting of me although she always asking alot when we first met but nothing outrageous and she seemed to understand if i said no. And since she was living with me and taking care of me I understood she wasn't asking for a lot for what she give back.

nurse girl she blew me off in texting now sort of saying im arrogant etc well she seems like a lot of work and overly optimistic naive girl to me so i guess i was right all along and not meeting her when i first came to the country. Seems like all teh young early 20's girls here are very naive about men and sex I need someone a little older who knows what they are doing. but maybe if i had met her first i would have gotten sex then we would have broken up then i would have gone to my current girl.

Either way it wouldn't ahve lasted long cause she is a gold digger and doesn't like judgemental people, she is sort of smart unlike my previous 2 girlfriends here but she seems rather bland like my current girlfriend because she doesn't care about religion, etc. . she doesn't really have anything worth fighting for. which to me is a rather sad person. Thats why i can't get along with any of these girls they worship money and fun not god.

Where are the women looking for love and sex?
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

green1976 wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:Just got done with a date with an attractive nurse girl and she said she likes me but then i didn't really see any evidence she did and now by text she is claiming she would have done more like kissing or come to my apartment but i had a girlfriend (but she wasn't even there and i told her and) but I dont know she never acted like she cared about that much or even me i didn't see any signs of true affection or attraction so I kept my distance and felt shy and just had long boring conversations what a major let down LOL. She came off as a major gold digger too in a rush to marry anyone i think. She was classy but too gold diggerish intentions. Id be worried if i brought her back to the u.s Ive noticed a lot of the nurse girls in phil are a bit independant and money motivated for my tastes. might have to just go home and forget philippines too much drama to get sex. Much easier to pay for it LOL
You can't have it both man and i'm not implying your are at fault there but keep real.
Most of us have the same problem.
We can't settle down in the Philippines or in Thailand so we end up having few possibilities.
Either we keep things in p4p or we try to bring back a woman to our places.
In both case,it's not the real solution we want but it sounds better than staying alone back home and struggling to find even a date.

This matter put us in a pressure position where these women knows exactly the score and can take advantage of it.
That doesn't mean we should in some way surrender and say oh it's better finally to settle down where we live because we don't have another choice.

Just keep things like a p4p relation and if guys are ready to take the risk to bring back a lady to a western country that wouldn't be my solution.

I agree that the situation is a hard one..how living each time knowing available women and being obligated to come back living a boring life and being disconnected.

Now in my case i got the response i think but it's not in the reach of most guys here and i can feel their pain lol.

I'm in a position to relocate myself in some way outside the Western feminist world so i have a total relax mood where now i just can go to SEA without dreaming of finding the good one,putting me in an inferior position...i keep the fun without the stress. :lol:
good points. it seems like most guys either wind up coming here for fun vacation and struggle to find a decent girl or they bring her back to america in a rush. If your not with a girl year around though chances of it lasting long term are slim cause she will either cheat or you wont come back for some reason. Some of us dont want to bring a wife to america but at the same time we dont want to live in philippines either. seems like the best middle ground is vacationing for a few months at a time every year but that can be difficult if you dont have a place to crash back in america or you may get lonelyan sick of it in philippines also if you dont find the right girl.
Halwick
Freshman Poster

Post by Halwick »

@newlifeinphilippines, here is something along the lines you have been trying to get across:

http://ulyssesulysses.hubpages.com/hub/ ... xperiences

When you understand their underlying motives and agenda for what they do and why, then it all makes sense.....which is all the more reason to avoid them if a long term relationship is what you are looking for.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

That article sums up what i was saying all along that it is a myth filipinas are horny more than other girls. Its all an act when its with foreigner.

"The Filipina ‘scams’ foreign men into marriage by projecting a hyperbolic, stylised and false image of herself in order to appeal to these men. This image is usually presented as one which is unconditionally loving and accepting, non-materialistic, simplistic, passive and most significantly, very sexually eager."

Also everyone knows how lousy or cheating filipinas become once they go to america. so why the hell are some of you guys still bringing them to the u.s?