Filipinocupid: is this for real?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Jeremy
Freshman Poster

Filipinocupid: is this for real?

Post by Jeremy »

Received over 40 unsolicited messages within the first 12 hours of signing up. I'll be honest: a lot of the girls are dogs. But at least they're all young and slender. 4 are cute / borderline hot.

Not bad considering I can't get ONE legit response from the hundreds of fat American chicks I've messaged. Not even while bribing them.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Re: Filipinocupid: is this for real?

Post by eurobrat »

Jeremy wrote:Received over 40 unsolicited messages within the first 12 hours of signing up. I'll be honest: a lot of the girls are dogs. But at least they're all young and slender. 4 are cute / borderline hot.

Not bad considering I can't get ONE legit response from the hundreds of fat American chicks I've messaged. Not even while bribing them.
How do you bribe them?
Bstyle
Freshman Poster

Post by Bstyle »

I got on Filipinocupid after my first year in Thailand after being disappointed with my luck with Thai women. I got a lot of messages as well. A lot of them asked me to send them money and I actually ended up getting tricked once into doing so. After that I thought that if I could talk to a girl for a month or two without her asking for money then she would be legit. Another mistake. I ended up falling in love with a girl from a small city of about 100,000. I was 29 at the time and she was 30. She manipulated me pretty well. You say the girls who sent you messages were dogs, well this woman was almost a cow. She seemed really sweet though so I thought I was getting a diamond in the rough. I flew over there to meet her and took her out to eat and we went back to my hotel room. We didn't have sex but I was willing to take it slow. She said she wanted to sleep over and sleep in the same bed as me and of course I agreed. I woke up the next day and my laptop was gone along with the cash in my wallet. Good thing I had cash in one of my bags that she didn't find. I reported it to the police who didn't seem to care or try to find her. This was my welcome to the Philippines. :lol:
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

wow bad story lol

Even classy educated girls are often huge gold digging scammers. I thought I had met a quality nurse girl but in person she coming off as too much gold diggerish and independant for my tastes and also in a hurry to marry. Not really a scammer but id be worried taking her back to the u.s. I actually rant into another nurse girl on the dating site that was in a hurry to marry and get cash too she was even w orse but i never met her. hmmm Many others are freelancers prostitutes pretending to look for relationship, or bargirls, or milfs, or uglies/average, and the rest are usually just very poor girls who want to live off you on everything.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:wow bad story lol

Even classy educated girls are often huge gold digging scammers. I thought I had met a quality nurse girl but in person she coming off as too much gold diggerish and independant for my tastes and also in a hurry to marry. Not really a scammer but id be worried taking her back to the u.s. I actually rant into another nurse girl on the dating site that was in a hurry to marry and get cash too she was even w orse but i never met her. hmmm Many others are freelancers hoes pretending to look for relationship, or bargirls, or milfs, or uglies/average, and the rest are usually just very poor girls who want to live off you on everything.
You really don't have a clue what you're looking for, do you? If you said you're in the Philippines just for fun, why would you care finding a girl worth marrying and taking back to the US?
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

publicduende wrote:

Even classy educated girls are often huge gold digging scammers. I thought I had met a quality nurse girl but in person she coming off as too much gold diggerish and independant for my tastes and also in a hurry to marry. Not really a scammer but id be worried taking her back to the u.s. I actually rant into another nurse girl on the dating site that was in a hurry to marry and get cash too she was even w orse but i never met her. hmmm Many others are freelancers hoes pretending to look for relationship, or bargirls, or milfs, or uglies/average, and the rest are usually just very poor girls who want to live off you on everything.
You really don't have a clue what you're looking for, do you? If you said you're in the Philippines just for fun, why would you care finding a girl worth marrying and taking back to the US?

Thats why im with my girlfriend cause she satisfies me and she is like a friend. Its just I dont love her too much or feel intensely attracted to her or her personality. The nurse girl was supposed to be an upgrade and i actually refused to meet her because of that and now I was right probably its not worth the headache better to stick to low hanging fruit.

No if it was purely for fun then i would hit up the bars. I want a long term sexual relationship or fuckbuddy just not marriage. The issue is with some of the goldiggers and girls who want a visa because i have to act like i give a shit about walks in the park and long conversations to a girl who only wants to get me for a visa or money to lavish them while im here. And if i dont then they will quickly move on. I want something more genuine than that. at least with the low hanging fruit they will treat you good and they know their place in the pecking order and you get lots of sex whenever you want as dirty. I complain about my girlfriend but she is good to me, better than a snobby educated gold digger.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:Thats why im with my girlfriend cause she satisfies me and she is like a friend. Its just I dont love her too much or feel intensely attracted to her or her personality. The nurse girl was supposed to be an upgrade and i actually refused to meet her because of that and now I was right probably its not worth the headache better to stick to low hanging fruit.

No if it was purely for fun then i would hit up the bars. I want a long term sexual relationship or fuckbuddy just not marriage. The issue is with some of the goldiggers and girls who want a visa because i have to act like i give a shit about walks in the park and long conversations to a girl who only wants to get me for a visa or money to lavish them while im here. And if i dont then they will quickly move on. I want something more genuine than that. at least with the low hanging fruit they will treat you good and they know their place in the pecking order and you get lots of sex whenever you want as dirty. I complain about my girlfriend but she is good to me, better than a snobby educated gold digger.
A "long term relationship" and/or fuckbuddy, without getting married? That's the limbo Davewe and Pete were talking about. If you have no desire to commit and give your prospect a quality relationship, why would you expect so much more from them? If you want quality, you have to be prepared/convinced to give quality. Nothing wrong if you don't feel ready yet, but don't complain too much if that's all you can scrape out of the PI scene.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

publicduende wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:Thats why im with my girlfriend cause she satisfies me and she is like a friend. Its just I dont love her too much or feel intensely attracted to her or her personality. The nurse girl was supposed to be an upgrade and i actually refused to meet her because of that and now I was right probably its not worth the headache better to stick to low hanging fruit.

A "long term relationship" and/or fuckbuddy, without getting married? That's the limbo Davewe and Pete were talking about. If you have no desire to commit and give your prospect a quality relationship, why would you expect so much more from them? If you want quality, you have to be prepared/convinced to give quality. Nothing wrong if you don't feel ready yet, but don't complain too much if that's all you can scrape out of the PI scene.
yeah i agree with petes theory but how can a girl know my intentions in the short or medium term of say one 6 month stay? I could leave the marriage open ended and they would never know. For example the nurse girl doesn't know and i bet if i didn't have a girlfriend right now i could have slpet with her (or so she sort of implied but who knows whch led to my frustration). It won't last forever though of course once they find out your not serios that the problem though. Like for example the nurse girl didn't like the fact he wants no marriage and he probably is seeing other girls her previous boyfriend. But of course the most important to her is that he doesn't like no marriage not that he is seeing other girls cause she is a bit of a gold digger it seems from what i gather. I dont see how shed put up with me seeing as I dont want to lavishly spend on a girl and take on vacations im not a big spender and i like a companion in my room and im not sure id control her too well. Seems the low hanging fruits are much easier to get to do that (ive now had 2 low hangers play that role for months LOL)
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:yeah i agree with petes theory but how can a girl know my intentions in the short or medium term of say one 6 month stay? I could leave the marriage open ended and they would never know. For example the nurse girl doesn't know and i bet if i didn't have a girlfriend right now i could have slpet with her (or so she sort of implied but who knows whch led to my frustration). It won't last forever though of course once they find out your not serios that the problem though. Like for example the nurse girl didn't like the fact he wants no marriage and he probably is seeing other girls her previous boyfriend. But of course the most important to her is that he doesn't like no marriage not that he is seeing other girls cause she is a bit of a gold digger it seems from what i gather. I dont see how shed put up with me seeing as I dont want to lavishly spend on a girl and take on vacations im not a big spender and i like a companion in my room and im not sure id control her too well. Seems the low hanging fruits are much easier to get to do that (ive now had 2 low hangers play that role for months LOL)
LOL you have to know your intentions, not them! :) Your writing is a bit confusing but, if I understood well, your nurse friend is specifically looking for a marriage and wouldn't mind whoever marries her having a bit of fun on the side. Well, that remains to be seen, knowing how vindictive young women can be (especially if they have a host of elder brothers/cousins) knowing that you're all alone in their homeland.

I don't want to reiterate what Marcos Z said to exhaustion, but it really looks like your better bet is to:

1) get your act together in the US: complete college and/or get a job that will give you at least the ability to save and go back to PI with some stability;
2) work a bit more on your self-confidence, grooming, clothing and posture, given that - as you said - you're not too good looking;
3) invest in a subscription with a slightly better site, like Christian Filipina and FilipinoCupid, instead of sticking to the bottom of the barrel on DIA;
4) start chatting with no more than 3 or 4 prospects, and really try to show them that you are a good guy and willing to commit, but only for a woman who's worth your attention and love;
5) find the better 1 or 2 and hit the Philippines again, this time with a much higher chance to woo a woman you will find happy and proud to be with.
Bstyle
Freshman Poster

Post by Bstyle »

When I was 30 I thought that I could avoid the gold diggers by going after middle class women. I went to a high class mall in Cebu to try to meet women. Every girl I approached gave me a weird look and walked away. I ended up trying to talk to a really dumpy looking girl who said "old man pervert I don't like!" rather angrily. I was only 30 at the time and she looked like she was about 25.

I did meet a mid 30s middle class woman in Cebu but it never went anywhere. I took her on a few dates at expensive restaurants and she gave me a text after the 4th date saying she did not want to see me anymore but didn't tell me why. What a waste of time and money.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Bstyle wrote:

When I was 30 I thought that I could avoid the gold diggers by going after middle class women. I went to a high class mall in Cebu to try to meet women. Every girl I approached gave me a weird look and walked away. I ended up trying to talk to a really dumpy looking girl who said "old man pervert I don't like!" rather angrily. I was only 30 at the time and she looked like she was about 25.

I did meet a mid 30s middle class woman in Cebu but it never went anywhere. I took her on a few dates at expensive restaurants and she gave me a text after the 4th date saying she did not want to see me anymore but didn't tell me why. What a waste of time and money.
im in cebu also LOL
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

publicduende wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:yeah i agree with petes theory but how can a girl know my intentions in the short or medium term of say one 6 month stay? I could leave the marriage open ended and they would never know. For example the nurse girl doesn't know and i bet if i didn't have a girlfriend right now i could have slpet with her (or so she sort of implied but who knows whch led to my frustration). It won't last forever though of course once they find out your not serios that the problem though. Like for example the nurse girl didn't like the fact he wants no marriage and he probably is seeing other girls her previous boyfriend. But of course the most important to her is that he doesn't like no marriage not that he is seeing other girls cause she is a bit of a gold digger it seems from what i gather. I dont see how shed put up with me seeing as I dont want to lavishly spend on a girl and take on vacations im not a big spender and i like a companion in my room and im not sure id control her too well. Seems the low hanging fruits are much easier to get to do that (ive now had 2 low hangers play that role for months LOL)
LOL you have to know your intentions, not them! :) Your writing is a bit confusing but, if I understood well, your nurse friend is specifically looking for a marriage and wouldn't mind whoever marries her having a bit of fun on the side. Well, that remains to be seen, knowing how vindictive young women can be (especially if they have a host of elder brothers/cousins) knowing that you're all alone in their homeland.

I don't want to reiterate what Marcos Z said to exhaustion, but it really looks like your better bet is to:

1) get your act together in the US: complete college and/or get a job that will give you at least the ability to save and go back to PI with some stability;
2) work a bit more on your self-confidence, grooming, clothing and posture, given that - as you said - you're not too good looking;
3) invest in a subscription with a slightly better site, like Christian Filipina and FilipinoCupid, instead of sticking to the bottom of the barrel on DIA;
4) start chatting with no more than 3 or 4 prospects, and really try to show them that you are a good guy and willing to commit, but only for a woman who's worth your attention and love;
5) find the better 1 or 2 and hit the Philippines again, this time with a much higher chance to woo a woman you will find happy and proud to be with.

good advice.

I heard dating sites take awhile to really filter out hte uglies and scammers and dengerates so at this point i can't be bothered signing up for filipinocupid and she is with me anyways. Maybe in future trips but I think im giving up for awhile now the philippines is not the dating paradise people say. Even finding 3 or 4 that will talk regularly that are attractive etc. The nurse girl was like the only qualiy girl (sort of) out of hundredsof contacts that was always making an effort to talk to me etc but that was DIA but this was over like 2 months. Even if filipinocupid is better it will take a while to filter out on cam.

even im confused by her she says one thing but does another in regards to me and then also with her boyfriend before she wants serious but then he runs all over and sees other women but yet she misses him and wants to be with him? Anyways its definitely opened my eyes that a educated nurse can also be a scammer, but in a different way (not love she i slooking for but a easy ticket out or expensive vacations LOL) she sort of admitted it to me even saying she loved money also. She said i was chinese when i said im simple and not materialistic So much for love :( Im now convinced more than ever that there isn't many qulaity women going for foreigners specifically.
Bstyle
Freshman Poster

Post by Bstyle »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:
Bstyle wrote:

im in cebu also LOL
What part? I had a job there for a while teaching English to Korean students. I pretty much lost money even while I was working and I generally didn't throw my money around. I made around 36,000php a month teaching 28 hours a week with no benefits. Jobs for foreigners in the Philippines are so few and far between though. It was my least favorite teaching gig in Asia. The students were so cold and unfriendly, it made me not want to visit their country.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

cebu city. Near mango im in a hotel. koreans are not friendly the girls look so cold. I had a few korean prostitutes in america and found them robotic and bland which coincidentally led me to go to philippines for a girl friend experience.

Cebu is full of koreans and tourist. The women aren't gold diggers and users because of the amount of foreigners coming here for sex and relationships and koreans coming here for education and barhops. so finding a good woman is hard. But its too impractical to court a woman from a faraway province unless she moves in with you in the city but thats a reach to schedule that online (although my current girlfriend offered to movein day one).
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:good advice.

I heard dating sites take awhile to really filter out hte uglies and scammers and dengerates so at this point i can't be bothered signing up for filipinocupid and she is with me anyways. Maybe in future trips but I think im giving up for awhile now the philippines is not the dating paradise people say. Even finding 3 or 4 that will talk regularly that are attractive etc. The nurse girl was like the only qualiy girl (sort of) out of hundredsof contacts that was always making an effort to talk to me etc but that was DIA but this was over like 2 months. Even if filipinocupid is better it will take a while to filter out on cam.

even im confused by her she says one thing but does another in regards to me and then also with her boyfriend before she wants serious but then he runs all over and sees other women but yet she misses him and wants to be with him? Anyways its definitely opened my eyes that a educated nurse can also be a scammer, but in a different way (not love she i slooking for but a easy ticket out or expensive vacations LOL) she sort of admitted it to me even saying she loved money also. She said i was chinese when i said im simple and not materialistic So much for love :( Im now convinced more than ever that there isn't many qulaity women going for foreigners specifically.
The very best option would be to spend several months in the Philippines. The obvious problem is, can you afford it? Perhaps if you give up completely on P4P and live frugally in a second-tier city like Iloilo, Cagayan de Oro, Roxas, Tacloban etc. you should be able to get by with less than $500 a month. If the girl is really good, she won't mind you not being able to go on a dinner date with her more than once a week :)

I have heard good things about Roxas City. http://realestateroxascityphilippines.c ... roxas-city
It's cheap, safe, it has excellent water quality and good infrastructure, low pollution and arguably the best seafood in the country.