No wonder why Elliot Rodger lost it - He was in narcissismvil

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Cornfed wrote:
MarcosZeitola wrote:He expected everything to naturally work out because he was such a swell guy, and the world simply doesn't work like that.
Well wasn't Elliot right to blame the world then? Do we not want men to be rewarded for being swell guys, as opposed to being dirtbags, constantly harassing females, or whatever you think he should have been doing? Would it not be in our interests if society functioned as Elliot thought it should, rather than as it actually does?
Perhaps.

But I wouldn't say he is one of the "swell guys". He was just another dirtbag, just a failed one. He tried to be like them. Emulate them. When the cool kids started skating, so did he. If they got a car, he had to get a better one. They got a certain type of clothes? He wanted it too. In many ways he displayed the same desires as them, some of the same behaviorism's. He just couldn't pull it off because he was too autistic.

As far as "constantly harassing females" goes: approaching a girl, befriending a girl, isn't harassment. He never even befriended a single girl, he just creepily stared at them from the sideline, lusting after them but never taking steps to get in contact with them. He did not talk to them. Ever. Maybe they just assumed he was taken? Lets not forget he was, if anything, a good actor. He could very convincingly play the role of a normal human being to avoid the embarrassment of being questioned about his lack of sex, I am sure. Hell he even bluffed his way out of a potential room search one week prior to the shooting. Dude should have gone into acting classes lol.

But in spite of his talent in hiding his true self from the world, he never used this talent to get himself laid. Never. Ever. And yet despite his own lack of activity, he still felt he deserved girls because he was better then those other guys. At the same time he was just as much of a materialistic asshole as the rest of them. If only he had opened his mouth more he would have had gotten laid. Not a swell guy at all... just a very clueless and socially awkward individual who mentally fitted right in there. The type of guy who believes a fancy car and Armani clothes makes them into a fancy gentleman is not a swell guy at all in my experience. Such a person is shallow like the lot of 'em.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

Ironically women that want money want you to act like you have money. For example the nurse girl insuloted me and called me chinese cause im frugal minded even though im "rich". seems like he could have gotten laid by a gold digger type.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

MarcosZeitola wrote:But I wouldn't say he is one of the "swell guys". He was just another dirtbag, just a failed one. He tried to be like them. Emulate them. When the cool kids started skating, so did he. If they got a car, he had to get a better one. They got a certain type of clothes? He wanted it too. In many ways he displayed the same desires as them, some of the same behaviorism's. He just couldn't pull it off because he was too autistic.
So it sounds like Elliot was trying to meet the world half way just as you saidhe should, but it probably wasn't working out for him because a decent, thinking man like Elliot trying to imitate brain-dead scum is like a giraffe trying to get into a polar bears' only nightclub by wearing a pair of dark glasses.
As far as "constantly harassing females" goes: approaching a girl, befriending a girl, isn't harassment. He never even befriended a single girl, he just creepily stared at them from the sideline, lusting after them but never taking steps to get in contact with them. He did not talk to them. Ever.
Cold approaches don't generally work. Either you approach or are approached by girls in as and accepted member of a group in a given context or the girls attract your attention in some way. In order for this to happen you must fit in with the players, which was what Elliot was trying to do, but he was unsuccessful for the reason given above.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Cornfed wrote:So it sounds like Elliot was trying to meet the world half way just as you saidhe should, but it probably wasn't working out for him because a decent, thinking man like Elliot trying to imitate brain-dead scum is like a giraffe trying to get into a polar bears' only nightclub by wearing a pair of dark glasses.
A decent thinking man would have used his parents' connection to get along in life, would have studied hard, worked hard and made something of himself. A decent, thinking man would have realized the women in his living area weren't the type of women that would make him happy, anyway. And would have worked towards leaving said area rather then to try and get successful there.

A decent, thinking man would have tried online dating a girl from another place. And a decent, thinking man would not have cowardly stabbed his three nerdy roommates (just as likely to be virgins and unhappy in love as Elliot himself) to death in their sleep. Ain't nothing decent and thinking about stabbing sleeping people to death is there? And there's a fair chance they were in the same boat as him, too.
Cornfed wrote:Cold approaches don't generally work. Either you approach or are approached by girls in as and accepted member of a group in a given context or the girls attract your attention in some way. In order for this to happen you must fit in with the players, which was what Elliot was trying to do, but he was unsuccessful for the reason given above.
There are plenty of girls in libraries, at deli's and coffee places drinking a cup by themselves. It's not that hard to strike up a conversation. Now he wasn't the most suave of guys but I wouldn't go as far as to say he wouldn't stand a chance. In one of his forum posts he got very angry when a short Indian guy was dating a girl (or rather, he gave her a ride and Elliot assumed they must be dating). If a short Indian guy can get a girl why can't a semi-good looking man in a BMW wearing designer clothes? :wink:

Physically and financially speaking he had every opportunity. He just lacked the social skills but as he hardly had any friends (his mother had set up "play dates" for him well into his teens!).
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

MarcosZeitola wrote:A decent thinking man would have used his parents' connection to get along in life, would have studied hard, worked hard and made something of himself.
It sounds like that is what he was doing, but maybe he realized that the end of college was the end of the road for most men in terms of finding something approaching traditional romance in modern Amerika. He probably knew he had no chance of leading what would be taken for granted in sane societies as a normal life. Sure he could have broadened his horizons a bit, but I have fairly broad horizons and the entire world's situation looks a little bleak at the moment. If ER thought that running amok was the best way to handle things in his own case then I am not in a position to second guess him.
Physically and financially speaking he had every opportunity. He just lacked the social skills but as he hardly had any friends (his mother had set up "play dates" for him well into his teens!).
The definition of social skills here seems to be circular, in that men sluts don't whimsically want to f**k are said to have poor social skills - as if the whims of sluts are some kind of holy writ that men have to fit in with. In fact, it is likely that the sluts want to have sex with scum and Elliot's problem was that he was not scum.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Cornfed wrote:It sounds like that is what he was doing, but maybe he realized that the end of college was the end of the road for most men in terms of finding something approaching traditional romance in modern Amerika. He probably knew he had no chance of leading what would be taken for granted in sane societies as a normal life. Sure he could have broadened his horizons a bit, but I have fairly broad horizons and the entire world's situation looks a little bleak at the moment. If ER thought that running amok was the best way to handle things in his own case then I am not in a position to second guess him.
He stabbed three men in their sleep whom he, in his manifesto, described as "the biggest nerds I have ever seen". In shaming these skinny, bespectacled gaming enthusiasts, he partook in the same type of shaming language these "scumbags" you and him rage against always use. By then stabbing these men, who likely had as little romantic success as him at this point, he was not exactly lashing out against "normal society". If anything, he killed three people who were more like himself then he was willing to admit. I say this makes him a huge hypocrite, and he clearly acted from a false sense of superiority, this "supreme gentleman" of yours.
Cornfed wrote:The definition of social skills here seems to be circular, in that men sluts don't whimsically want to f**k are said to have poor social skills - as if the whims of sluts are some kind of holy writ that men have to fit in with. In fact, it is likely that the sluts want to have sex with scum and Elliot's problem was that he was not scum.
Social skills are the ability for men and women to hold a decent conversation with other men and women. The ability to form friendships, relationships both platonic and romantic. He was virtually unable to do any of this. His friends, whom he mentioned in his manifesto, later said he was always very withdrawn, silent, and that they always had to do most of the talking. It is therefore safe to say that he had very poor social skills. Those who he called his friends mostly hung out with him out of pity.

Now as for these 'friends', he described them as "gamers" like himself and said they too had little to no success with the female gender. However they did have some form of social skills and the ability to outgrow their childish obsessions. Something ER never did, remaining forever stuck in his teenage mindset.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Cornfed, you have a lot of patience.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

MarcosZeitola wrote:He stabbed three men in their sleep whom he, in his manifesto, described as "the biggest nerds I have ever seen". In shaming these skinny, bespectacled gaming enthusiasts, he partook in the same type of shaming language these "scumbags" you and him rage against always use.
It is possible that killing them was a bit of a faux pas. Maybe he had personal reasons. Of course his killing spree could have been much better planned and executed.
Social skills are the ability for men and women to hold a decent conversation with other men and women. The ability to form friendships, relationships both platonic and romantic.
Might it not be the females who lack social skills? Modern females seem to relate to men as either friend zone orbiters they are stringing along in order to extract benefits from for nothing in return, or as scumbag degenerate men they allow to perform all manner of sex acts on themselves. Since Elliot was not suited to either position, it is not surprising that the females were unable to form a relationship with him. The females clearly need to work on their social skills in order to attract a better class of men. Most young men these days are also malsocialized, so this may have explained any problem Elliot had with them.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Cornfed wrote:It is possible that killing them was a bit of a faux pas. Maybe he had personal reasons. Of course his killing spree could have been much better planned and executed.
He hated at least one of them personally because he stole the guys' measuring cup when he made "too much noise cooking", whereupon the other guy stole some of Elliot's candles. He threw the cup and made a citizen's arrest, called the police and had his roommate thrown in jail for a night for "candle theft". Sounds to me like ER was a major pain-in-the-ass to live with. He also hated Asian men, calling them all ugly and getting very angry when they managed to date a white girl. As a half-Asian himself it no doubt struck a chord in him. The guy had some serious personal issues with being of mixed race himself.
Cornfed wrote:Might it not be the females who lack social skills? Modern females seem to relate to men as either friend zone orbiters they are stringing along in order to extract benefits from for nothing in return, or as scumbag degenerate men they allow to perform all manner of sex acts on themselves. Since Elliot was not suited to either position, it is not surprising that the females were unable to form a relationship with him. The females clearly need to work on their social skills in order to attract a better class of men. Most young men these days are also malsocialized, so this may have explained any problem Elliot had with them.
I don't see why they would want to attract the type of man who considers himself superior to all other men, acts hugely arrogant, is very materialistic and on top of that, ends up stabbing three men to death in their sleep. While it is true that many women are very poorly equipped to make a choice of partners, I would not consider Elliot to be "a better class of men". If anything, he's just one of the many men they ought to avoid. He tried to push some girls off a ledge at a party last year as well, but ended up being pushed himself and breaking a leg. His inability to get laid made him violent and unpredictable.

Why do you defend Elliot Rodger so much, Cornfed? Why do you relate to him?
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

MarcosZeitola wrote:While it is true that many women are very poorly equipped to make a choice of partners, I would not consider Elliot to be "a better class of men". If anything, he's just one of the many men they ought to avoid.
You may be confusing cause and effect. My take on the situation was that Elliot was a good guy eventually pushed over the edge by the sheer depravity of modern society. Ideally females would be properly brought up and equipped with the social skills to form relationships with men like him, but long before the men are ready to go postal.
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

...Its not your Arab Saudi with Islamic Laws and what not. Its freaking US Of A, You can at least see the girls with your eyes man :shock: . It must be so much frustrating for him to see couples around, girls in shorts and skirts moving freely all around him unlike in Arabia.

Being Indian, Its horrible to date in India but atleast, I was able to get a kiss, hug, hold hands sometime with girls, its rare but it was possible during festivals etc.

What happened to him was a tragedy of epic proportions, Its freaking unbelievable to a guy in third world country also who did not get laid or had long term relationships etc..but I did not get bullied or was harassed or had dysfunctional family, no real friends etc etc...If you read his manifesto..There was a series of bad events in his life ...It seems he was surrounded by Psychopaths. All he needed was one good support from his dad or relatives or friends or collage etc etc...He had NOTHING...ZERO...He couldn't get anyone...

Whatever his size, shape and format is...A man should atleast be able to get a kiss or hold hands or have real friends or have real good family...Dude...Something should happen...His family is equally to blame

He refused to pay for sex or take meds....How many in America can say that? Can You?

He was sane and intelligent but became insane and demonic which is what this forum has been saying all along..Good guys turned into demons in America.

Not condoning his actions but he would have never reached that stage, if he found some support in his 23 years of existence in America. For 23 years.....America ...couldn't do anything for him....

Dude, even the Arabs don't torture their kids like that with sexual frustration, they usually marry them by 18 and have option of multiple wifes, also in India & other conservative countries, you can marry early though arranged marriage. So much for being free to choose a girl of your dreams :shock: :shock:

This guy went through incredible pressure in all situations of his life and he has written it clearly aka how he turned into a demon. People do not get it....As a guy from third world country with No BMW...I felt for him more than my life in India after reading his Manifesto..His life was sick from start to finish. I had no gf but good family, friends, No bullies and cliques etc..It got balanced out. If this is the real ground situation in America...It means there is no balance check to sort out the negatives now...so its basically what members are saying here aka hell

He become a demon thanks to a dysfunctional society but CNN would never point that out unlike this forum.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

starchild5 wrote:...Its not your Arab Saudi with Islamic Laws and what not. Its freaking US Of A, You can at least see the girls with your eyes man :shock: . It must be so much frustrating for him to see couples around, girls in shorts and skirts moving freely all around him unlike in Arabia.
That period, from ages 21 to 23, was my lowest point in dating in America. Before then, I had two GFs. And afterwards, I went overseas.

And yes, I remember feeling bad when I'd see couples back in those times.

starchild5 wrote:This guy went through incredible pressure in all situations of his life and he has written it clearly aka how he turned into a demon. People do not get it....As a guy from third world country with No BMW...I felt for him more than my life in India after reading his Manifesto..His life was sick from start to finish. I had no gf but good family, friends, No bullies and cliques etc..It got balanced out. If this is the real ground situation in America...It means there is no balance check to sort out the negatives now...so its basically what members are saying here aka hell

He become a demon thanks to a dysfunctional society but CNN would never point that out unlike this forum.
I concur but the thing is that ppl like him, were depicted in earlier times. The protagonist in Salinger's 'Catcher In The Rye', Holden Caulfield

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Catcher_in_the_Rye

was another teenager, who resented the burgeoning hypocrisy of society around him and tried in vain to hold onto some fantasy of the innocence of youth.

The difference here is that somewhere between ages 17 and 23, Rodgers decided to check out of this earth whereas many other ppl accepted their present state of misery and decide to live life, with their heads to the ground or in some state of denial.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.