Filipina MYTHS

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

davewe is it because she wants you to keep her till her 2 year visa is in the mail? or because she is so ugly and know you can do better if you took a trip back to phil? Thought so....
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:davewe is it because she wants you to keep her till her 2 year visa is in the mail? or because she is so ugly and know you can do better if you took a trip back to phil? Thought so....
There is no such thing as a two year Visa. If you are such a well traveled guy you would know that. Like most of your expert opinions, this one is not entirely factual. What I assume you mean is the two year permanent residency (Green Card) which she already has.

And we've been back to PI multiple times, including two months ago. Could I in theory find someone else in PI - of course. So can most guys. Any middle aged guy who follows guidance from guys like Pete can find a good one also.

You're unhappy with the gf you had in the Philippines - we ALL get that! Doesn't mean the rest of us are. The classy guy would congratulate the guy who had found success, not try to prove it was impossible.
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

Jester wrote:
hammanta wrote:I've said it before and I'll say it again. Here is how you can be successful in the Philippines.

Succeeding (1 or more will help)

starred ones are most important

1)Be average to good looking
2)Be 5'7" or more in height
3)Don't be fat
4)Have an outgoing personality
5)Youth 20-45
6)Being physically fit
*7)Be outgoing, interactive, and adventurous
*8)Be genuinely interested in the culture
*9)Have realistic standards.
If you are a 4 don't expect getting a 10. Same goes with age. There are plenty of late twenty, early 30 YO girls that foreigners pass up on simply because they aren't 19 or 20.
*10)Form a social circle
Really kind of a stupid list.

If you meet those criteria you would be successful anywhere, not just in the Philippines.

"Don't bother coming if you are not young"

yeah but everyone does and they do OK.

"Be good-looking. Don't be fat"

oh now there's a bit of useful advice. Now why didn't I think of that?
I'm not sure everyone understood my intentions with the list. I did not say you needed all of the qualities, nor did I say you needed even half of them. A few would work and the ones with stars are the most important. If you are a 250 pound, 5'9" 55 year old man but with a good marriage minded attitude, pleasant personality, realistic standards and an interest in the culture then you will probably do well or at least ok in the Philippines. Just by being fat or old doesn't mean you won't do well or can't do well. Sure you are at somewhat of a disadvantage then a younger more in shape guy, but there's still possibilities that you will succeed.

My main point of the list was to simply state that people should at least try and work on themselves before coming there. Age and height cannot be changed but fitness and mentality can and so can peoples views and personalities. The guys that usually fail in the Philippines are the one's who step off the plane after reading Roosh V and expect every girl to want him, without him offering anything to the table (whether it be youth, good looks, great personality, humor...). Those guys tend to be that average middle aged divorce, with a beer belly, entitlement issues, hanging around bar girls and other similar expats. He has no interest in the culture or a desire to do anything but sleep with as many available chicks as possible. He loses his money then comes to these forums and bitches about how terrible the country is. If you want to succeed and do well then those are SOME of the qualities that you would want to have, and a great, adventurous personality trumps looks anyday in the Philippines. I think few would disagree with that but we cannot also say being a 32 YO guy with a decent fit body would not do better overall than that 55 YO example, if they had similar personalities and views.
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

davewe wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:davewe is it because she wants you to keep her till her 2 year visa is in the mail? or because she is so ugly and know you can do better if you took a trip back to phil? Thought so....
There is no such thing as a two year Visa. If you are such a well traveled guy you would know that. Like most of your expert opinions, this one is not entirely factual. What I assume you mean is the two year permanent residency (Green Card) which she already has.

And we've been back to PI multiple times, including two months ago. Could I in theory find someone else in PI - of course. So can most guys. Any middle aged guy who follows guidance from guys like Pete can find a good one also.

You're unhappy with the gf you had in the Philippines - we ALL get that! Doesn't mean the rest of us are. The classy guy would congratulate the guy who had found success, not try to prove it was impossible.
I just checked your website...it really has great content..thanks for sharing..
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

davewe wrote:

you come off as a guy rubbing it in our face and on top of it promoting a website with a said agenda thats why.
Array9
Freshman Poster

Post by Array9 »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:It doesn't matter cause if im not attracted to teh girl and shes not a 6.5 in my eyes then it doesn't matter what you think is a 6.5. What matters is what i think is :)

It doesn't matter if you layed hotter for one night or very short term were talking about girlfriends that last for months or years. The nurse girl who is educated and the hottest filipina ive gone on a date with is hotter than even steve55 girlfriend would have screwed me the other day (based on her texts after she went home) but i had a girlfriend and it screwed things up. and now I blew the whole thing due to my reaction after the date etc. and preferring the safe bet. But i dont think it would have lasted very long anyways. I want a hot girl that will last awhile.

sorry bro but your girl is not attractive. My girl has no makeup either ever and she is probably cuter than yours. if i posted my girl i bet most would think mine is hotter since she is lighter skin and looks younger and cuter than yours but she still isn't hot she is average range like yours. For a guy who has been there that long you should know better. Im sure she is a nice person and all but your an example of a foreigner that is too green to tell the difference.

and yes ive had hotter too like my bargirl girlfriend i had for 1.5 years and would have still had her if i had not cut her off she was hotter than winstons girlfriend. Id post her pics and videos she had sex appeal but was darker skin but still tons of sex appeal but since she work in bar i can' do that.

I blame will n dowd and a few others for hyping philippines up. It definitely is easier to get a woman here though.

i want a 7+ who isn't a hoe who loves sex and isn't a money hungry gold digger who will quickly dump me its very hard to find. I dont care if she is poor or uneducated cause i dont expect everything. Just someone I can trust who is a hot and has good chemistry. I dont see many foreigners with girls like that that aren't bargirls. maybe i should go back to hoes and bargirls or keep with low hanging fruit girlfriends if its that damn hard to find a hot 7+ long term girlfriend here. i can see why alot of foreigners go that route its a lot less hassle and much easier to find, which is why i been doing it.
NewLife, that is a low blow to put another man's girl down like that.(Just my opinion).

I think the purpose of this website is to educate guys on foreign girls and living abroad. I am not trying to pick on you but I don't think that you are adding much to this cause. I think that it is great that you are living abroad and making a good income but how about posting some trip reports? "Hey guys, I went to Boracay (or Moalboal) over the weekend. Check out my pictures" would be a good start.

I don't understand how you can debunk the allure of the Philippines while the majority of quality men do very well over there. I am not saying that the Philippines is paradise but finding a nice looking and sincere Filipina is not difficult.
Men chase, women choose

As long as you have gold in your hand, you will ALWAYS have bread on your table.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

Array9 wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:It doesn't matter cause if im not attracted to teh girl and shes not a 6.5 in my eyes then it doesn't matter what you think is a 6.5. What matters is what i think is :)

It doesn't matter if you layed hotter for one night or very short term were talking about girlfriends that last for months or years. The nurse girl who is educated and the hottest filipina ive gone on a date with is hotter than even steve55 girlfriend would have screwed me the other day (based on her texts after she went home) but i had a girlfriend and it screwed things up. and now I blew the whole thing due to my reaction after the date etc. and preferring the safe bet. But i dont think it would have lasted very long anyways. I want a hot girl that will last awhile.

sorry bro but your girl is not attractive. My girl has no makeup either ever and she is probably cuter than yours. if i posted my girl i bet most would think mine is hotter since she is lighter skin and looks younger and cuter than yours but she still isn't hot she is average range like yours. For a guy who has been there that long you should know better. Im sure she is a nice person and all but your an example of a foreigner that is too green to tell the difference.

and yes ive had hotter too like my bargirl girlfriend i had for 1.5 years and would have still had her if i had not cut her off she was hotter than winstons girlfriend. Id post her pics and videos she had sex appeal but was darker skin but still tons of sex appeal but since she work in bar i can' do that.

I blame will n dowd and a few others for hyping philippines up. It definitely is easier to get a woman here though.

i want a 7+ who isn't a hoe who loves sex and isn't a money hungry gold digger who will quickly dump me its very hard to find. I dont care if she is poor or uneducated cause i dont expect everything. Just someone I can trust who is a hot and has good chemistry. I dont see many foreigners with girls like that that aren't bargirls. maybe i should go back to hoes and bargirls or keep with low hanging fruit girlfriends if its that damn hard to find a hot 7+ long term girlfriend here. i can see why alot of foreigners go that route its a lot less hassle and much easier to find, which is why i been doing it.
NewLife, that is a low blow to put another man's girl down like that.(Just my opinion).

I think the purpose of this website is to educate guys on foreign girls and living abroad. I am not trying to pick on you but I don't think that you are adding much to this cause. I think that it is great that you are living abroad and making a good income but how about posting some trip reports? "Hey guys, I went to Boracay (or Moalboal) over the weekend. Check out my pictures" would be a good start.

I don't understand how you can debunk the allure of the Philippines while the majority of quality men do very well over there. I am not saying that the Philippines is paradise but finding a nice looking and sincere Filipina is not difficult.
Misery does not like company, it demands it.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Array9 wrote:

He wanted my opinion on looks of girls and he brags about the women he get so Im just giving my honest opinion. By the way the girl in your avatar is just hideous i dont even know why you put her pic on here.

Define sincere? A girl who doesn't want your money or to mooch off you endlessly? If thats your requirement good look finding one that isn't borderline average looking. I want hot though so ill settle on the poor issue as long as she is easy to get along and humble and good chemistry. Some guys demand educated and job but not me, my demand is looks and pesonal and sexual chemistry who i can trust. I dont want a educated girl who is gonna demand a lavish lifestyle or a demanding poor girl with an attitude for that matter either.
Last edited by newlifeinphilippines on June 27th, 2014, 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:
davewe wrote:

you come off as a guy rubbing it in our face and on top of it promoting a website with a said agenda thats why.
I have been an HA member for years and like half the planet have a blog, which has been in existence for all of 3 weeks. Read it - don't read it - up to you.

There are many men right here on HA who have had success in the Philippines. There are thousands of more men who have never heard of HA with similar stories. We all get it - you didn't find that success and don't like the gf you found. You can choose to learn a bit from those who were successful or just reject the advise you have received. You're an adult and that's your choice. I got no problem with any of that. The Philippines is definitely not for everyone.

What seems to be not adult-like is to attack those who are happy and successful, acting as if that success is impossible, or worse yet attacking their wives or gfs.
Last edited by davewe on June 27th, 2014, 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

davewe wrote:
davewe wrote:

I have been an HA member for years and like half the planet have a blog, which has been in existence for all of 3 weeks. Read it - don't read it - up to you.

There are many men right here on HA who have had success in the Philippines. There are thousands of more men who have never heard of HA with similar stories. We all get it - you didn't find that success and don't like the gf you found. You can choose to learn a bit for those who were successful or just reject the advise you have received. You're an adult and that's your choice. I got no problem with any of that. The Philippines is definitely not for everyone.

What seems to be not adult-like is to attack those who are happy and successful, acting as if that success is impossible, or worse yet attacking their wives or gfs.
Your right. Im still right about the age/money issue though. But believe what you want. When im older I wont be as naive to think she is with me for legit reasons. Hell even when im younger they aren't with me for legit reasons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2Cfk6BefiE
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Im going to add one more point.

"filipina women are not any different than american women".

That sounds ludicrous but are you rich in america? Youd get the same treatment by american women if you were but since everyone here is poor or middle class what do they know.

The difference is your rich to filipinas hence the royal treatment. thats where the confusion starts. Ive even had both girlfriends tell me they would never do this and that for their filipino boyfriend. In other words Im paying (direct or indirect) for the extra treatment LOL

Now some say oh the bargirls are even different than prostitutes back in america to prove they are really different women. Not really. Brothels are illegal in philippines which means prostitution has to happen offsite. Also filipina women know if they lure in a hook by giving a Girlfriend experience they might get a sucker for marriage or western union. American prostitute girls aren't that desperate. The offsite applciation of bargirls just enhances the notion that they are different. As a side note ive heard of a few stories of a few korean prostitute working in america new to the country who gave girlfriend experiences to SELECT customers and some eventualyl ran off with a rich client or utilized it to their benefit to get extra cash offsite. Not any different than what filipinas do. Ive even seen one guy cry about how he thought the korean prostitute liked him. Similiar to the bargirl tales in philippines LOL
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

He wanted my opinion on looks of girls and he brags about the women he get so Im just giving my honest opinion. By the way the girl in your avatar is just hideous i dont even know why you put her pic on here.
I don't recall ever asking for your opinion on my girl or anyone else's. I simply wanted you to provide a criteria for how you judge women (e.i your preferences). Attacking other people's women and comparing ours to yours is not at all what I meant. Worse yet you have failed to provide any pics of your girls or girls you find ideal or attractive shading yourself from criticism. It is easy to pick out faults with other people than it is to put yourself at the risk of possibly getting criticized. What you are doing is plain cowardly.

I also never brag about any of the girls I've been with, I simply state my opinion and experience. One chick that you don't find attractive (when in reality I stated that she is cute, yet isn't a supermodel and I've been with hotter girls), isn't discrediting my experience and by no means is bragging. What about the 5 or so other girls I've been close with or the numerous ones I'm friends with or that are married to friends of mine. I could provide numerous pics yet doing so is simply gonna leave us to where we are at now. One guy hiding behind his posts criticizing others yet offering nothing in return.

I also find it funny you brag about your bar girl being hot. A damn comatose patient could a get a hot bar girl with the right amount of cash. That doesn't impress me.

And the icing of the cake is attacking Array and the girl on his photo. Maybe that is his wife or girlfriend or possibly just a random chick. Let's keep this civilized shall we.

On that note I'm done with this post. It's just like beating a dead horse.
Array9
Freshman Poster

Post by Array9 »

Array9 wrote:

Define sincere? A girl who doesn't want your money or to mooch off you endlessly? If thats your requirement good look finding one that isn't borderline average looking. I want hot though so ill settle on the poor issue as long as she is easy to get along and humble and good chemistry. Some guys demand educated and job but not me, my demand is looks and pesonal and sexual chemistry who i can trust. I dont want a educated girl who is gonna demand a lavish lifestyle or a demanding poor girl with an attitude for that matter either.
Wait a minute now. Didn't you describe yourself as ugly in another post but you have the nerve to call someone that I know personally as hideous? You are really delusional.

Yet you can't seem to figure out why girls don't want to meet you for the first time at your hotel.

Hammanta pretty much said everything that was needed to say. I will not respond to you again.
Men chase, women choose

As long as you have gold in your hand, you will ALWAYS have bread on your table.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

newlifeinphilippines wrote: Thats why i went on the date with the nursing girl cause she was like hte only very attractive woman from months on the dating site who would talk to me consistently the rest were flakes that suddenly stopped talking.
Its easy to see why Filipinas don't want to talk to you, your a chronic complainer. No one else has difficulty dating Pinays, just you. Cebu is the easiest place in the world to get a date and you still manage to f**k it up.
In2dadark
Freshman Poster

Post by In2dadark »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:i edited that last part. guys here are not looking for tourist sites were looking for women so if your gonna wind up alone that proves the point LOL It seems like cold approaching is almost a necessity here if you want some decent hot women. if you rely on dating sites its a lot of frustration.

why are guys living here for years always alone if its so easy to ge ta hot woman? I know countless guys living here for years who are single. Some paradies....
Fuk that.