Thinning Hair Restoration Solution?

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Thinning Hair Restoration Solution?

Post by Mr S »

I happened to come across this website which states basically by rubbing your fingernails everyday for a certain amount of time that somehow it stimulates your hair to regrow and thicken as well. When combined with diet and proper hair topicals (recommends Aloe Vera) he says its a low to no cost solution for hair regrowth. I'm wondering if this is potentially true or if it is more mind over matter type thing happening. The guy's website and info is free so maybe there is something to it.

I figured I'd share the website link for those men who have thinning hair issues. I haven't tried this yet on a consistent basis but I'll give it a try and see if I notice any difference. I have some thinning hair in the crown area so if this works I would be amazed.

I'm sensing if it is true that maybe over stimulating the nail's will trick the brain into overproducing growth of nails and hair, thinking maybe there is a need for it due to some external situation so the brain over stimulates whatever causes hair and nails to grow.

http://www.hairgyan.com/index.php/faq

I'll post results in a few weeks if I notice anything growing. If anyone else tries it let us know if it worked for them or not.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Thinning Hair Restoration Solution?

Post by Rock »

Mr S wrote:I happened to come across this website which states basically by rubbing your fingernails everyday for a certain amount of time that somehow it stimulates your hair to regrow and thicken as well. When combined with diet and proper hair topicals (recommends Aloe Vera) he says its a low to no cost solution for hair regrowth. I'm wondering if this is potentially true or if it is more mind over matter type thing happening. The guy's website and info is free so maybe there is something to it.

I figured I'd share the website link for those men who have thinning hair issues. I haven't tried this yet on a consistent basis but I'll give it a try and see if I notice any difference. I have some thinning hair in the crown area so if this works I would be amazed.

I'm sensing if it is true that maybe over stimulating the nail's will trick the brain into overproducing growth of nails and hair, thinking maybe there is a need for it due to some external situation so the brain over stimulates whatever causes hair and nails to grow.

I'll post results in a few weeks if I notice anything growing. If anyone else tries it let us know if it worked for them or not.
Propecia tends to work quite well for thickening crown area. More hairs sprout out and exiting ones become courser. The difference is often significant and noticeable. But it may have side effects.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

We all know the "other' options for hair loss, this topic is discussing a potential non-drug solution. Using drugs is not the long term answer cause you have to spend lots of money to maintain the illusion plus once you stop taking them the hair falls out again and could actually be worse than when you initially started since one will normally not alter lifestyle and diet to minimize hair loss if they are the kind to run to a drug in the first place to fix everything.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Halwick
Freshman Poster

Post by Halwick »

Mr S wrote:I happened to come across this website which states basically by rubbing your fingernails everyday for a certain amount of time that somehow it stimulates your hair to regrow and thicken as well. When combined with diet and proper hair topicals (recommends Aloe Vera) he says its a low to no cost solution for hair regrowth. I'm wondering if this is potentially true or if it is more mind over matter type thing happening. The guy's website and info is free so maybe there is something to it.

Hope the hair regrows where it's supposed to be. Would look funny if not only the nails grow but hair grows on the hand as well :lol:

I once met a man who told me he used to be bald and found a inexpensive OTC solution: He applied Vicks VaporRub on his scalp and massaged it in with a toothbrush. Claims his hair grew back within a month. Haven't tried it, but I've used VaporRub for cough suppression and applied it (as directed) on the chest. Maybe that's why I have a hairy chest. :lol:
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Mr S wrote:We all know the "other' options for hair loss, this topic is discussing a potential non-drug solution. Using drugs is not the long term answer cause you have to spend lots of money to maintain the illusion plus once you stop taking them the hair falls out again and could actually be worse than when you initially started since one will normally not alter lifestyle and diet to minimize hair loss if they are the kind to run to a drug in the first place to fix everything.
Near negligible cost: approximately US$8 or 350 Pesos per month if you buy 5 mg generic Finesteride and cut each pill into 4 pieces (take one piece per day). Finesteride is Propecia.

What if you discontinue?: If say you took it for 10 years then stopped, after around 2 years, your likely hair loss would be what you would just be 2 years worth, not 12. So it sets back the clock on MPB for as long as you take it. Imagine three identical triplets (A, B, and C).

A never takes propecia
B takes it from age 30 to 40
C takes it from age 30 to 60.

At age 60 this is what you might expect from each triplet
A will have suffered whatever hair loss his genes predicted from MPB
B will have roughly the same amount of hair that A did at age 50 because he set clock back 10 years by taking the med that long
C will have the most hair of all of them with good possibility of having very little MPB effects, especially at crown area. His hairline may have receded somewhat but the quality thickness and coarseness of hair he has will also be much better than B and especially A

Possible side effects: Propecia is a DHT blocker. As such, it causes sexually related problems in some men. It can reduce your desire and libido and/or even lead to ED. Some guys who take it do not suffer any of these but others do. If you ever take it and you notice any of these sides, you can discontinue immediately. Risk of anything permanent is very low if you don't take it any longer than an experimental and observation period.

So, this treatment really works for preventing hair loss BUT for some, it's not feasible due t side effects. Others who are lucky enough to immune to these sides will most likely benefit greatly from it. It's probably by far the most powerful non-surgical treatment out there. Castration works well too lol.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

My hair is falling out on top.
Time to Hide!
johnponting74
Freshman Poster

Post by johnponting74 »

I realized I'd discuss the weblink for those men who have locks loss problems. I have not tried this yet regularly but I'll give it a try and see if I observe any distinction. I have some locks loss in the top area so if this works I would be surprised.
Our dentist in Cancun provide superior quality dental care at affordable prices. Our highly trained bilingual Cancun dentist have extensive experience
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

So, this treatment really works for preventing hair loss BUT for some, it's not feasible due t side effects. Others who are lucky enough to immune to these sides will most likely benefit greatly from it. It's probably by far the most powerful non-surgical treatment out there. Castration works well too lol.
Sides are quite rare from my understanding. Japanese study with 2500 or so men found a .7% side effect rate. None were permanent if I recall and discontinued after use. 90% had results in some manner. That was a 5 year long study if I recall. Other studies have had similar results. I think for most of the sides cases they occur in Hypochondriacs or individuals whom have other non-related problems. I'm sure some were the result of the DHT blocking drug though.
RickyRetardo
Freshman Poster

Post by RickyRetardo »

Minoxidil is a decent choice too. It can cause some slight facial swelling but this is normally temporary and goes away in an hour or so.
Let's get together and feel alright.
johnponting74
Freshman Poster

Post by johnponting74 »

I'm detecting if it is real that maybe over exciting the nail's will technique the mind into overproducing development of claws and locks, considering maybe there is a need for it due to some exterior scenario so the mind over promotes whatever causes locks and claws to develop.
Our dentist in Cancun provide superior quality dental care at affordable prices. Our highly trained bilingual Cancun dentist have extensive experience
rajni
Freshman Poster

Post by rajni »

Hi friend,

I suggest you not to try any Hair Transplant treatment from those who provides it in very less amount. Because they are fresher and inexperienced doctors. They start experimenting on real people in low cost. In this treatment your blood level decrease badly and even they have no experience doctor who handle this situation. I have checked the Hair Guru link it is just a bogus site beware from these quacks.

Consult a good hair doctor who has adequate experience, however it costs high for treatment but they have 100% grantee for the success.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

The solution to going bald or thinning hair is aging gracefully, being a man and not a bloody woman and just shaving off the hair.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

MarcosZeitola wrote:The solution to going bald or thinning hair is aging gracefully, being a man and not a bloody woman and just shaving off the hair.
As with anything, it's a lot easier said than done. I'm not bald though have a little thinning starting in my crown. I know by the time I'm 30+ it will be worse because my dad is a Norwood 4 and his family has the same pattern. It doesn't affect me much now but down the road I'm sure it will. I buzzed my hair short when I was younger and I hated the look and so did my family and friends. When something affects your confidence such as hair then its not as easy to say just "man up and buzz it." Most guys can't pull off the bald look very well. I'm not advocating sporting the comb over either. If you are to that point then just shave it but for those that can, trying to combat it early seems like a better solution than just shaving it. When and if I get to the point where it is effecting my confidence, I will most likely invest in a transplant, which have become almost undetectable with a good surgeon.
SumitaSofat
Freshman Poster

Post by SumitaSofat »

You can use home remedies like wash your hair with curd and use coconut oil or you can consult the doctor about your hair problem but don't take any risk or experiment for your hair.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

Recently, I've been using virgin castor oil 2-3 times a week on the thinning bald spot near my crown and it seems to be working creating new fuzz and strengthening the hair follicles already there (around a month now as of this writing). From what I've read nutrients need to get to the scalp for those who are not genetically prone to rapid hair loss but are experiencing it due to stress, health, environment and normal aging, thus the follicles may still be alive but seriously undernourished or weak.

Put some on your scalp where the thinning is, and rub it in for a few minutes. It will feel sticky and make your hair kinda gunky, but that's the price to pay (you don't need to put on the sides just the top part of your head for the most part). You leave it in for a few hours or go to bed with it on your scalp and in your hair (since it's on top of your head it shouldn't mess up your sheets unless you splattered it all over your sides as well, which I said previously is unnecessary). I like to leave it in overnight for maximum effectiveness and absorption. It'll also make your hair thicker and be really silky smooth. Obviously, the longer your hair the more you will notice the difference. Just shampoo/condition in the morning and you should be good to go. Usually it takes 2 rinses of shampoo to get it out of the hair entirely.

You don't need to do this everyday just 2-3 times a week is sufficient. If you're already seriously bald I doubt this will reawaken dead hair follicles, this is more for those going through a gradual thinning process. If for some reason a seriously bald person gives it a try and it works, let us know!

I don't want to use artificial chemicals on my head as it's not a permanent solution and is expensive over the long run. This is a historical known way to revive and nourish the hair. If you need further proof, do a search on the internet for more info.