OMG! My best friend killed it in Brazil and is converted!!

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
steve55
Junior Poster

OMG! My best friend killed it in Brazil and is converted!!

Post by steve55 »

My best friend has been in brazil almost 1 month now. Although he has always known that its easier dating abroad than the US, (from his limited travels to Mexico and one trip to Europe), he always thought my views about how bad the US is for dating was very exaggerated and not too much different than abroad. Well, NO LONGER! He is a changed man, he is converted!! He no longer thinks my views are exaggerations!

He now says "Steve, man, you have been right all along. Women here (in Brazil) flirt more, initiate eye contact, are sweet to your approaches , more easy going towards meeting men, etc etc". In fact, I even recall my video chat with him after his first few days there, he said that a hot brazilian girl was staring him down on the train!! He didn't know what to do as he's never had that happen before. Lol. When does that ever happen in America ? I experienced a lot of that in the Philippines myself.

Anyways, my friend has dated 9 women while in Brazil in just 3-4 weeks !!! He said most were 7-10's on a scale of 1-10!!! Most were mid 20's to mid 30's. He said several were drop dead gorgeous and the best looking he has ever had in his entire life . He said that most of these women were so hot, that if they were in the US, he wouldn't have a chance in hell to date them. Lol. Also, most were middle class or better and half had very professional jobs. One was even a university professor, one owned a lot of land and was well off! He can't believe what is possible in Brazil. This from a rather short 5'7" almost 47 yr old man!! Let's face reality, in the US, a hot sexy 30 yr old will have nothing to do with a short, totally bald 47 yr old man.Lol. Because he is a very private person, I cant publish his photo here but you'd see he is very average looking.
(oh, and none were prostitutes in case you're wondering, he even turned one hot girl down because he suspected she may have been, later he found that she wasn't, opportunity lost, lol ).

MOST IMPORTANTLY!!!
He says that prior to this trip, his beliefs about why foreign women loved Americans so much leaned heavily towards the American cultural stereotypical belief that these foreign women for the most part are after your green card or money. Well, after getting to REALLY know these women, he does not believe this anymore. He said to me "Steve, you are right. It's not about green card or money, there is a huge shortage of men here, not to mention men who will be faithful and be committed to family as us American/western men tend to be". This is what the women have told him. Ya see, he has been there long enough and dated enough to learn what drives these women. He said that he learned that most just want a good man who will treat them well. Men there just don't treat the women well and just arnt into the family husband role. He doesn't say that a man having a good job and income plays no role at all, of course not. He just says that now he believes it's only a small part of their motivation to date American/western men. (But lets face it, American women care more about material lifestyle than foreign women).

Anyways, this story is a perfect example of why I regret that I wasted away here in the dating hell of the US of gay, and missed out on the opportunity for finding a wife sooner while I was younger (as I've always wanted). My friend says that if he was living in South America , he feels he would have found a woman to marry a long time ago, a very long time ago. He is also marriage minded too. Fact is, Women are sooooooooo different abroad than here. Abroad, women want men, NEED men, they flirt, they make eye contact, they are sweet and kind when you cold approach them (unlike in America where they feel molested or bothered by the attempt). My friend said it's day and night difference. He averages about 1 date every 4 months here in the US (and they are usually overweight or in their 40's with kids in tow) and me, well, I haven't had a date in the US of gay in three years and not by choice. Admittedly, if I was willing to lower my standards and date fat women, I probably could have had some dates by now.) Yet I can get 10 dates a week in any other country. And my best friend is now experiencing the same thing!! Women here in the US are hard to meet, unapproachable, stay in cliques, don't even care about having a man, (at least nothing like foreign women do), and the ones that arnt fat are too hard to get as every guy wants them so they think they are goddesses. It doesn't help if you are in your mid 40's either. Abroad, todos es no problemo!

So, this is big news because my best friend who never was a believer about how much easier the dating scene is abroad compared to the US is a changed man! He says "Steve, you are right man, you are right" ! He has motivated me to re double my efforts to spread the word (through my site) to help other men realize how good they can do outside America. Most men will choose to rot in lonliness than to get off their asses and go see what's outside the US of gay. Ive come to the conclusion that most American men are truly LAZY. I have another friend who also is in his mid 40's and is lucky to have a date once a year with a fatty even at that, yet he withers away in his lonliness in the US of gay. I know he isn't happy, but h doesn't listen to what I tell him. he even speaks Spanish for whatever reason, he never wants to travel abroad. I don't get it. The only thing I can think stops him is that he may have bought into the American cultural brainwashing that these women are only into you for your green card and money. Well, you can lead a horse to water, but apparently that's it.

A few photos from my friend that he took at one of the US games at the world cup

Last edited by steve55 on July 5th, 2014, 1:41 am, edited 5 times in total.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

Sounds better than philippines where mostly only the maids are interested in foreigners and the hot ones are scammers and/or milfs or prostitutes
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:Sounds better than philippines where mostly only the maids are interested in foreigners and the hot ones are scammers and/or milfs or hoes
I think Latin America is a forgotten destination for many HAers--who only seem to think that Asia is the place to be.

I think many Americans would do better in Latin America than Asia--especially for non-Asian men such as Blacks and Caucasians. I've said Asia is best, if you're an Asian man, and Latin America if you're not.

Anyway, Steve55, I appreciate your efforts to spread the word about being 'Happier Abroad.' Too many men are still conditioned to believe in the lies the mass media like to spew out on a constant basis.

The description of your best friend is how I felt when I first came to China: On the first night, I had the courage to flirt with a beautiful young Chinese woman--and it was a magical experience! She was so friendly and open--and even called me handsome during one of the conversations!

I will post the link here: viewtopic.php?t=20023

Anyway...I have to admit I was a little skeptical about foreign women being better than 'Anglo females,' but I had no idea to what extent it would turn-out to be true! To all the angry, frustrated and bitter people on this forum: What are you waiting for?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Wow Steve! That's so inspiring! Anyone who reads that will wonder to himself, "WTF am I doing in America?!"

I will have to create a new section for skeptics who converted. lol

Why don't you get your friend to post here and comment himself? Does he know about us?

Zboy,
I've always heard that flirtation is a taboo in Chinese culture. How can China be an exception to that? I'm confused.

Actually, white guys seem to do well everywhere, both in Asia and Latin America and elsewhere. It's Asian and Black guys that have to choose carefully and consider racial factors.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
manly5000
Freshman Poster

Post by manly5000 »

Hey Steve - does your amigo speak Portuguese? And where in Brasil is he?
Out in the world living the dream!
steve55
Junior Poster

Post by steve55 »

manly5000 wrote:Hey Steve - does your amigo speak Portuguese? And where in Brasil is he?
He speaks some basic phrases but no, not really. He said that they understand bits and pieces of your spanish or some there speak spanish or English well enough. It's a mixed bag.

He is in rio
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Hero_of_Men »

To be honest, I am AFRAID of visiting Brazil. For starters, I do not know a bit of Portuguese. Secondly, I heard it's more dangerous in Brazil than even Mexico. I say this as a black man.
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Winston wrote:Wow Steve! That's so inspiring! Anyone who reads that will wonder to himself, "WTF am I doing in America?!"

I will have to create a new section for skeptics who converted. lol

Why don't you get your friend to post here and comment himself? Does he know about us?

Zboy,
I've always heard that flirtation is a taboo in Chinese culture. How can China be an exception to that? I'm confused.

Actually, white guys seem to do well everywhere, both in Asia and Latin America and elsewhere. It's Asian and Black guys that have to choose carefully and consider racial factors.
That may be true with some Chinese girls, but not all girls are as uptight as that.

And I agree with you, Winston: Black and Asian men need to be more selective in what country they choose, but I think racial factors are much less of a factor overseas than it is, in the horrible U.S. of Gay.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

The_Hero_of_Men wrote:To be honest, I am AFRAID of visiting Brazil. For starters, I do not know a bit of Portuguese. Secondly, I heard it's more dangerous in Brazil than even Mexico. I say this as a black man.
Then stay home you're not being missed.

Depending on Steve's friends features, Latin woman still want children with European/Caucasian features. Brazil is no different; the dominate classes have light hair, light skin and light eyes and many especially among the working classes would like to have their offspring be included in the game of life with those features.

Plus you get the legacy wealth of the average American which is still 40-60% more the majority of Brazilians make. Remember all salaries are effectively cut in half (2.314 exchange rate) when exchange rates are factored in. I also don't know how education transfers up here for those educated in Brazil.

I am not surprised by his success either, the ISG forum has a few regular posters in the Brazil forum that are permanent residents in Brazil and I'm fairly sure the majority of them are in their 40's and 50's. It's a mongering forum but a few men do have Brazilian GF's and Wives who are basically okay with their other activities as long as it's doesn't follow him home; I should add that attitude is fairly normal in Latin America, some parts of Western Europe and even Eastern Europe.

I should add the main reason Latin women and others around the world like/love American men it because we tend not to get involved in going to brothels or strip clubs once they are married.

Anyway, Hero of Man Brazil is not any more dangerous to non-Brazilians has many areas of the United States is to people not from those areas...

Do things happen? For example, the couple in Sao Paulo where the man (French) was forced to watch his American girlfriend get raped by some Brazilian thugs might not happen to you on a US bus or Subway, but getting your ass beat, shot, stabbed, robbed and a host of other things can happen to you right in the good 'ole USA, in Detroit, New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, Oakland and elsewhere.

So when put in a proper perspective, it's not any more dangerous. It is, if you are member of a drug cartel, gang, live in one of the favelas not cleaned up already or do dumb sh*t like the dude holding up his IPad in a questionable part of Sao Paulo, only for a gang of thugs to find out where he lived and confront him about his device and told to cough it up.

Robert of the Expat Wisdom blog was held up in Belize for his iPhone.

Look, i-Devices fetch top dollar in Latin America. If you have one of these, I suggest you leave it back in America or if you have a 5s leave it here and take your older device with you.

Actually get a sub $200 pre-paid Android phone if you wanna have a smartphone down there or anywhere for that matter. Unlock it for a few dollars and you have a cheap phone with Google Now and Navigation, including I believe local bus/subway info.

Anyway, my point is you can't go around living your life in fear. As long as you aren't doing something stupid, you're more likely to get struck by a car in the US than to get mugged, robbed or murdered in a foreign country. What stories you do see is compared to the thousands if not millions of travelers who don't have any problems to the 1-2% that end up being victims of various crimes.

But if you come on Miserable At Home to tell us you have a White stripe going down your back, it will be par for the course around here and somebody is bound to step up and protect you from people like me.
Rocky Top
Freshman Poster

Post by Rocky Top »

The_Hero_of_Men wrote:To be honest, I am AFRAID of visiting Brazil. For starters, I do not know a bit of Portuguese. Secondly, I heard it's more dangerous in Brazil than even Mexico. I say this as a black man.
I would stay away from Rio or spend very limited time there. Belo Horizonte, Natal and Forteleza would be my spots of choice. Salvador and Recife may be slightly dangerous (SkateboardStephen is in Salvador).

I'm just basing this off of what I've read both here and other places, but if you are black, the northeast of Brazil is the place to go. Also, I read a while back that Forteleza had 100k more women between 18-34 than men.
SilverEnergy
Junior Poster

Post by SilverEnergy »

OMG, stay in the tourist areas of Rio, stay off the beaches at nighttime, don't travel alone at nighttime, don't wear flashy jewelry or clothing and you'll be fine.
"Allow me to show you the Power Cosmic!" - Silver Surfer
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Hero_of_Men »

djfourmoney wrote:
Then stay home you're not being missed.

Depending on Steve's friends features, Latin woman still want children with European/Caucasian features. Brazil is no different; the dominate classes have light hair, light skin and light eyes and many especially among the working classes would like to have their offspring be included in the game of life with those features.

Plus you get the legacy wealth of the average American which is still 40-60% more the majority of Brazilians make. Remember all salaries are effectively cut in half (2.314 exchange rate) when exchange rates are factored in. I also don't know how education transfers up here for those educated in Brazil.

I am not surprised by his success either, the ISG forum has a few regular posters in the Brazil forum that are permanent residents in Brazil and I'm fairly sure the majority of them are in their 40's and 50's. It's a mongering forum but a few men do have Brazilian GF's and Wives who are basically okay with their other activities as long as it's doesn't follow him home; I should add that attitude is fairly normal in Latin America, some parts of Western Europe and even Eastern Europe.

I should add the main reason Latin women and others around the world like/love American men it because we tend not to get involved in going to brothels or strip clubs once they are married.

Anyway, Hero of Man Brazil is not any more dangerous to non-Brazilians has many areas of the United States is to people not from those areas...

Do things happen? For example, the couple in Sao Paulo where the man (French) was forced to watch his American girlfriend get raped by some Brazilian thugs might not happen to you on a US bus or Subway, but getting your a** beat, shot, stabbed, robbed and a host of other things can happen to you right in the good 'ole USA, in Detroit, New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, Oakland and elsewhere.

So when put in a proper perspective, it's not any more dangerous. It is, if you are member of a drug cartel, gang, live in one of the favelas not cleaned up already or do dumb sh*t like the dude holding up his IPad in a questionable part of Sao Paulo, only for a gang of thugs to find out where he lived and confront him about his device and told to cough it up.

Robert of the Expat Wisdom blog was held up in Belize for his iPhone.

Look, i-Devices fetch top dollar in Latin America. If you have one of these, I suggest you leave it back in America or if you have a 5s leave it here and take your older device with you.

Actually get a sub $200 pre-paid Android phone if you wanna have a smartphone down there or anywhere for that matter. Unlock it for a few dollars and you have a cheap phone with Google Now and Navigation, including I believe local bus/subway info.

Anyway, my point is you can't go around living your life in fear. As long as you aren't doing something stupid, you're more likely to get struck by a car in the US than to get mugged, robbed or murdered in a foreign country. What stories you do see is compared to the thousands if not millions of travelers who don't have any problems to the 1-2% that end up being victims of various crimes.

But if you come on Miserable At Home to tell us you have a White stripe going down your back, it will be par for the course around here and somebody is bound to step up and protect you from people like me.
I don't intend to seek protection from people like you. I would rather you tell me what's what uncut and raw, and I'll deal with the other stuff later. I am aware that most places in America might be just as dangerous (if not moreso) than areas of foreign countries. I appreciate you taking the time to tell me all fo that.
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Rocky Top wrote:
I would stay away from Rio or spend very limited time there. Belo Horizonte, Natal and Forteleza would be my spots of choice. Salvador and Recife may be slightly dangerous (SkateboardStephen is in Salvador).

I'm just basing this off of what I've read both here and other places, but if you are black, the northeast of Brazil is the place to go. Also, I read a while back that Forteleza had 100k more women between 18-34 than men.
If you go to Business Insider, you'll see the majority of "dangerous cities in the Americas" are in Brazil. That said again, visitors are NOT Brazilian. If you're White you WILL be a target by most unscrupulous people. That said, I know three different people that live in Brazil FULL-TIME, one of them is Stephen.

The other two are White. Josh of Brazilian Gringo who I met when we was last at home in Orange County, CA a few weeks ago lives in Belo Horizonte and recommends it for long term visitors. He has spent time in Rio and Sao Paulo and prefers Rio.

Kevin lives in one of the best, safest cities in Brazil, Florianopolis. Hardly any poverty there and it's where upscale Brazilians go to vacation.

He's lived in Maringa as well.

Portuguese is needed but one does not need to be fluent. That comes with time and practice, you'll learn much more speaking in Brazil (or Portugal) than you would in front your PC.

In fact I plan on taking classes once I determine how long I can stay.
Guyver
Freshman Poster

Post by Guyver »

It's posts like this that give me hope and encouragement to go abroad. It has been too long since I have been overseas. Maybe, I will try Brazil. Hey Steve55, out of curiosity, where is your friend in Brazil? Which places does he have these experiences with the women, generally speaking?
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

steve55 wrote:they make eye contact
^^That alone

I've never been a big fan of brazilian girls but there are some stunners. There are some hot blondes in the south (Rio Grande) that Winston might want to check out.
Here's my dream brunette, braziilian version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQJM_Rzlt1E

I'd give my right arm...
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?