24 Hours later and she asked for Money!

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
MrMark1972
Freshman Poster

24 Hours later and she asked for Money!

Post by MrMark1972 »

I had to share this story with my fellow HA's...so yesterday I start a profile on ForeignWomen.com and start chatting with a chick from the Phils...we exchange email addys,phone numbers and start IM and phone chats...all is well and I wish her a good day as Im off to bed last night....now this morning(nightime over there) she comes with this sad story of how she was robbed at the ATM and now has no money to pay for her nieces school and electric bill tomorrow...I played with her for a while till she finally asked for money.I kept my cool and suggested that she try asking someone else.She apoligized and life goes on...
I'll be back with another scam story the next time it happens...maybe next time she'll be Mexican or Brazilian LOL

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: 24 Hours later and she asked for Money!

Post by jamesbond »

MrMark1972 wrote:I had to share this story with my fellow HA's...so yesterday I start a profile on ForeignWomen.com and start chatting with a chick from the Phils...we exchange email addys,phone numbers and start IM and phone chats...all is well and I wish her a good day as Im off to bed last night....now this morning(nightime over there) she comes with this sad story of how she was robbed at the ATM and now has no money to pay for her nieces school and electric bill tomorrow...I played with her for a while till she finally asked for money.I kept my cool and suggested that she try asking someone else.She apoligized and life goes on...
I'll be back with another scam story the next time it happens...maybe next time she'll be Mexican or Brazilian LOL
I have heard other guys say the same thing you did. They ask for money (by giving a sob story to a guy) and sometimes the guy will give the girl money but other times the guy is smart enough to not give her a dime.

This is why I will never use the internet to meet foreign women, I will only meet them face to face. Run away from those scammers as fast as you can! :shock:
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on May 2nd, 2020, 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
steve55
Junior Poster

Post by steve55 »

Good chance you've got a scammer who isn't who they portray themselves to be. It could be a Nigerian or a guy or a ladyboy. Did you cam to cam to see she is who she says she is?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Did you report her to the admin of that site? You should so she doesn't scam others.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
MrMark1972
Freshman Poster

Post by MrMark1972 »

@Steve55...well my guess is that she might be part of a scam group operating out of Manila as I spoke to her,briefly,on her mobile and the number was a Manila phone number.

@Winston...yes I did send a detailed email to the website administrator explaining what happened.But I'm pretty sure by now she's working on her next victims.

I should have suspected something at the fact that she had a laptop in a country where electronics are much more expensive than on our side of the planet.
MrMark1972
Freshman Poster

Post by MrMark1972 »

jamesbond wrote:
MrMark1972 wrote:I had to share this story with my fellow HA's...so yesterday I start a profile on ForeignWomen.com and start chatting with a chick from the Phils...we exchange email addys,phone numbers and start IM and phone chats...all is well and I wish her a good day as Im off to bed last night....now this morning(nightime over there) she comes with this sad story of how she was robbed at the ATM and now has no money to pay for her nieces school and electric bill tomorrow...I played with her for a while till she finally asked for money.I kept my cool and suggested that she try asking someone else.She apoligized and life goes on...
I have heard other guys say the same thing you did. They ask for money (by giving a sob story to a guy) and sometimes the guy will give the girl money but other times the guy is smart enough to not give her a dime.

This is why I will never use the internet to meet foreign women, I will only meet them face to face. Run away from those scammers as fast as you can! :shock:
Mr.Bond,a little off topic here,but if I dont test the waters using the internet how would you suggest I go about deciding between the Philippines and Latin America,for my cherry trip this winter? I haven't jumped on LA Cupid yet(was planning to in the fall).Is the online pre-meeting just a waste of time and emotion? I ask as I'm a total noob to this world of online dating etc.Thanks :)
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

MrMark1972 wrote:Mr.Bond,a little off topic here,but if I dont test the waters using the internet how would you suggest I go about deciding between the Philippines and Latin America,for my cherry trip this winter? I haven't jumped on LA Cupid yet(was planning to in the fall).Is the online pre-meeting just a waste of time and emotion? I ask as I'm a total noob to this world of online dating etc.Thanks :)
From what I have heard guys who travel a lot say, the best thing to do is to just visit the countries that interest you and meet women face to face in those countries and avoid online dating altogether.

There have been quite a few guys here on this forum who have done just that, they didn't use online dating and just visited the countries that they thought they would like and met women face to face in those countries.

I know that Steve55 has a friend in Brazil right now (in Rio) who is meeting women face to face and getting laid every few days! He didn't use online dating, instead he just took a trip to Brazil and is able to meet women face to face. :D

There are other guys who took a trip to the Philippines and never used online dating and are able to easily meet women face to face.

I for one will never use online dating, either here in the US or on International dating websites. When I go to Germany I will try to approach women in public places. I think internet dating is a gigantic waste of time and doesn't even work due to the amount of messages women get from men on a daily basis.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
MrMark1972
Freshman Poster

Post by MrMark1972 »

jamesbond wrote:
MrMark1972 wrote:Mr.Bond,a little off topic here,but if I dont test the waters using the internet how would you suggest I go about deciding between the Philippines and Latin America,for my cherry trip this winter? I haven't jumped on LA Cupid yet(was planning to in the fall).Is the online pre-meeting just a waste of time and emotion? I ask as I'm a total noob to this world of online dating etc.Thanks :)
From what I have heard guys who travel a lot say, the best thing to do is to just visit the countries that interest you and meet women face to face in those countries and avoid online dating altogether.

There have been quite a few guys here on this forum who have done just that, they didn't use online dating and just visited the countries that they thought they would like and met women face to face in those countries.

I know that Steve55 has a friend in Brazil right now (in Rio) who is meeting women face to face and getting laid every few days! He didn't use online dating, instead he just took a trip to Brazil and is able to meet women face to face. :D

There are other guys who took a trip to the Philippines and never used online dating and are able to easily meet women face to face.

I for one will never use online dating, either here in the US or on International dating websites. When I go to Germany I will try to approach women in public places. I think internet dating is a gigantic waste of time and doesn't even work due to the amount of messages women get from men on a daily basis.
I have to agree with you about the disadvantages of online dating.Keep in mind that I am new to the online dating scene but so far the only girls initiating contact with me are Filipinas and an endless number of Russian/Ukrainians.This is really turning me off as they are probably mostly scammers.The hot Latinas,that I message,never respond probably due to the overwhelming amount of messages that they receive each day.I think I'm much wiser to drop this waste of time and spend the hours studying a Spanish course lol...As the general opinion is that a basic knowledge of Spanish is key to meeting girls down south.
aozora13
Freshman Poster

Post by aozora13 »

MrMark1972,

I have had mixed results from dating internationally. I had women talk to me who were okay but distance and there was not much connection. However, dating domestically from witnessing recently has been quite worse. Way too much flakiness and women who go off on you for a small issue. Your best bet is to try to visit the country and meet people locally. The problem is usually online dating is better if you know a few people who you might see. I did that a few times and it worked out better. Still, there are plenty times you wonder if you can actually meet people and have some decent connection with them.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

jamesbond wrote:
Why would anyone think that a person they met in person (in a 3rd world country) is less likely to ask for money than a person they are chatting with online? Happens everyday no matter what methodology you take.

You simply say "no" and move on to the next person. The beauty of online (if it has any) is that the "no" takes about 5 seconds. Having a few dates with a girl and then telling her "no" in person takes a bit more time and energy.

BTW, when I was online I didn't feel the need to be mean about it. I simply told the girl that I would not give out money to a person I didn't know, thanked them for their time, and moved on.

Whether you are using online, in country or a mixture of both methods, you are going to have to get good at separating the wheat from the chaffe. I would consider finding out what the girl was after by the second chat to be a victory. In the "real" world there are guys who don't find out till they've been married a while.
MrMark1972
Freshman Poster

Post by MrMark1972 »

aozora13 wrote:MrMark1972,

I have had mixed results from dating internationally. I had women talk to me who were okay but distance and there was not much connection. However, dating domestically from witnessing recently has been quite worse. Way too much flakiness and women who go off on you for a small issue. Your best bet is to try to visit the country and meet people locally. The problem is usually online dating is better if you know a few people who you might see. I did that a few times and it worked out better. Still, there are plenty times you wonder if you can actually meet people and have some decent connection with them.
I understand your point.Just curious,which countries did you have good experiences in? And in each case was it a combination of online and day-gaming?Thanks.