Doing Poorly On Internet Sites. How is this Possible?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

are you kidding me? Educated independant well off financially girls like what he describes are almost unheard of in philippines that IS THE DEFINITION of an american girl type. If your seeking that you should go back to america and save yourself some grief. It gets tiring hearing of guys looking for an american wife in philippines.
Here are the problems with your assumption

1) You are assuming educated and financially independent mean rich. That's not true at all. There are plenty of educated girls (CPA, nurses, engineers, etc.) that live with roommates or still their families. They can afford to pay for their own meals, clothing entertainment, and not live off mommy and daddy, but it is financially viable to still share housing. Majority of my middle class friends still do this. This is what I mean by educated and financially independent. These girls are capable of being found. A friend of mine just got back from a trip to Cambodia, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, and Vietnam. She is educated has an average job, lives with friends but enjoys traveling. She is by no means rich but doesn't rely on Mommy and Daddy. What Maverick described in that girl by no means sounds as if she is a rarity.

2) Most people tend to forget this but 18-22 year old girls are just starting out in the industry. They haven't progressed to the point of being well paid. At 22 right after college I took a job making 30k a year. A very meager salary at that but enough to live without my parents, have a car, pay rent, eat out, etc. Give me 5-7 years and my salary will bump up a pretty good amount. Same goes with young girls in the Philippines whom are educated but lack experience. A 30 year old girl who is an engineer is gonna make more usually than a fresh new college graduate. Just because she doesn't make the equivalent of what an American makes doesn't mean she is poor.

You are right, guys coming here hoping to get a 19 year old with money to travel the world are being ridiculous and wasting time. But getting an educated girl with a decent job is not very hard if you know where and how to look. I think it is harder to find a poor, low class girl who is attractive, and doesn't have money on her mind than to find an attractive girl with a college degree and decent job.

You're also right that you are not gonna find an educated girl that is gonna put up with your "ideal" female type.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

hammanta wrote:
To Maverick, looking forward to your trip report. I'm not sure I understand you though. From my knowledge Filipinos still need a Visa to enter USA. There was a rumor a few months back that Obama waived that rule but I believe it turned out to be a hoax.
The Visa laws have not changed in the least regarding fiancé/spousal visas. It's doable, but a stressful process. Other types of Visas (tourist, education, work) are even more difficult, if not impossible, for a Filipina to obtain.
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

davewe wrote:
hammanta wrote:
To Maverick, looking forward to your trip report. I'm not sure I understand you though. From my knowledge Filipinos still need a Visa to enter USA. There was a rumor a few months back that Obama waived that rule but I believe it turned out to be a hoax.
The Visa laws have not changed in the least regarding fiancé/spousal visas. It's doable, but a stressful process. Other types of Visas (tourist, education, work) are even more difficult, if not impossible, for a Filipina to obtain.
That's what I thought as well. Work Visa's are not impossible but I'm sure it requires a company to dish out 10K to get one. I'm sure you know more about that process than I do. What's the process to get a tourist Visa Dave?
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

hammanta wrote:
davewe wrote:
hammanta wrote:
That's what I thought as well. Work Visa's are not impossible but I'm sure it requires a company to dish out 10K to get one. I'm sure you know more about that process than I do. What's the process to get a tourist Visa Dave?
You can apply for one, but getting a tourist Visa from any developing country to enter the U.S. is extremely difficult. Of course there are always exceptions for the rich and powerful. Essentially you must PROVE that you will return to your home country. That's the fear; that someone will come over and disappear in the U.S. How can you prove you will return? You must demonstrate that you have significant assets or reasons that would compel you to return, such as lots of cash or a business (a sari sari store doesn't count lol).

I wrote a piece about it in my blog. While there are always exceptions, the average Filipino(a) cannot come to the U.S. other than in marriage. Guys who fantasize that their gf can just come visit them for a couple months are deluding themselves. We forget that one of the biggest advantages of living in a 1st world country is that passport that so many of us don't take advantage of.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

hammanta wrote:
are you kidding me? Educated independant well off financially girls like what he describes are almost unheard of in philippines that IS THE DEFINITION of an american girl type. If your seeking that you should go back to america and save yourself some grief. It gets tiring hearing of guys looking for an american wife in philippines.
Here are the problems with your assumption

1) You are assuming educated and financially independent mean rich. That's not true at all. There are plenty of educated girls (CPA, nurses, engineers, etc.) that live with roommates or still their families. They can afford to pay for their own meals, clothing entertainment, and not live off mommy and daddy, but it is financially viable to still share housing. Majority of my middle class friends still do this. This is what I mean by educated and financially independent. These girls are capable of being found. A friend of mine just got back from a trip to Cambodia, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, and Vietnam. She is educated has an average job, lives with friends but enjoys traveling. She is by no means rich but doesn't rely on Mommy and Daddy. What Maverick described in that girl by no means sounds as if she is a rarity.

2) Most people tend to forget this but 18-22 year old girls are just starting out in the industry. They haven't progressed to the point of being well paid. At 22 right after college I took a job making 30k a year. A very meager salary at that but enough to live without my parents, have a car, pay rent, eat out, etc. Give me 5-7 years and my salary will bump up a pretty good amount. Same goes with young girls in the Philippines whom are educated but lack experience. A 30 year old girl who is an engineer is gonna make more usually than a fresh new college graduate. Just because she doesn't make the equivalent of what an American makes doesn't mean she is poor.

You are right, guys coming here hoping to get a 19 year old with money to travel the world are being ridiculous and wasting time. But getting an educated girl with a decent job is not very hard if you know where and how to look. I think it is harder to find a poor, low class girl who is attractive, and doesn't have money on her mind than to find an attractive girl with a college degree and decent job.

You're also right that you are not gonna find an educated girl that is gonna put up with your "ideal" female type.
well girl in point 1 sounds like american girl to me. Not rich but not the girl i would want from a 3rd world country.

Interesting so you agree i would waste my time looking for an educated girl that fits my profile. Educated girl sounds very boring and often not that attractive either, you can have them. lol

All the girls have money on their mind its just to what extent from hoes to good girls. Its hard to find a pretty simple girl though you can trust regardless of her agenda. but i dont want an educated boring girl either that would be hell.
In2dadark
Freshman Poster

Post by In2dadark »

jtest28 wrote:
Maverick wrote:So my advice is paint yourself up as a good man, what I did, was on my profile, I stated how I hate to date endless girls and hate one night stands. And after I did that, my traffic doubled up overnight!
Can't really paint over anything. Either you are or you're aren't. They'll find out sooner or later.
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

In2dadark wrote:
jtest28 wrote:
Maverick wrote:So my advice is paint yourself up as a good man, what I did, was on my profile, I stated how I hate to date endless girls and hate one night stands. And after I did that, my traffic doubled up overnight!
Can't really paint over anything. Either you are or you're aren't. They'll find out sooner or later.
Its still better not to ruin your chances before hand. I was chatting up a girl on my last trip that was quite nervous to see me. All her friends said I was a bad guy and just wanted sex, so she was very cautious. I painted myself as a good guy, which in reality I wasn't looking for one night stands, and finally got her to meet me. After she met me she really liked my personality and found me attractive. After that it was a solid close. Took her back after a few hours and sealed the deal. She was very willing. Best not to cut yourself short. I wouldn't say necessarily lie, but you gotta paint yourself in a good light.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

hammanta wrote:
In2dadark wrote:
jtest28 wrote:
Its still better not to ruin your chances before hand. I was chatting up a girl on my last trip that was quite nervous to see me. All her friends said I was a bad guy and just wanted sex, so she was very cautious. I painted myself as a good guy, which in reality I wasn't looking for one night stands, and finally got her to meet me. After she met me she really liked my personality and found me attractive. After that it was a solid close. Took her back after a few hours and sealed the deal. She was very willing. Best not to cut yourself short. I wouldn't say necessarily lie, but you gotta paint yourself in a good light.
ahh women logic. Im not even gonna figure them out its too crazy. what happened after that? was she a lousy lay or you found her boring so didnt want to see her anymore?
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:
hammanta wrote:
In2dadark wrote:
jtest28 wrote:
ahh women logic. Im not even gonna figure them out its too crazy. what happened after that? was she a lousy lay or you found her boring so didnt want to see her anymore?
I saw her only that night as I wasn't staying in Manila more than 3 days and finally got her to meet me the last night. She got mad that I saw other girls later on so didn't want to see me when I got back to Manila before I left. She was a cool girl and a decent lay, kinda liked it rough , but I didn't push that vibe as I should have. Even offered to pay for her meal and did pay for her cab. She was ok in the looks department. Nice frame and large breasts for an asian (C cup).
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

hammanta wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:
hammanta wrote:
In2dadark wrote:
jtest28 wrote: Can't really paint over anything. Either you are or you're aren't. They'll find out sooner or later.
I saw her only that night as I wasn't staying in Manila more than 3 days and finally got her to meet me the last night. She got mad that I saw other girls later on so didn't want to see me when I got back to Manila before I left. She was a cool girl and a decent lay, kinda liked it rough , but I didn't push that vibe as I should have. Even offered to pay for her meal and did pay for her cab. She was ok in the looks department. Nice frame and large breasts for an asian (C cup).
you mean she liked it on top? Thats rare for a filipina unless they are a bargirl. wow you really blew it you should have stayed with her. i would have loved to have a steady girl who had big boobs for her frame who is agressive in bed.
mentor
Freshman Poster

Re: Doing Poorly On Internet Sites. How is this Possible?

Post by mentor »

What is your opinion on couchsurfing.com, for finding girls for serious dating?
I mean with intentions for long term relationship and not for fun.