Anyone got so depressed that you had to seek therapy?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Anyone got so depressed that you had to seek therapy?

Post by chanta76 »

I mean there are many posters here who are not happy in America or maybe just not happy at all. So I'm wondering if anyone is seeking therapy ?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

shrinks cant solve your problems

You need young poossy and depression will go away, if it doesn't work increase the dosage:)
ntm1972
Freshman Poster

Post by ntm1972 »

Banano wrote:shrinks cant solve your problems
True, only you can solve your problems. But psychologists that are worth their salt can help you to address your problems, uncover issues that you have buried deep down.
You need young poossy and depression will go away, if it doesn't work increase the dosage:)
Only if lack of sex is the sole reason for depression. Sex isn't a cure-all. A lot of people use sex like a drug; it's a temporary escape from their pain, not a long-term solution.

That being written, the lack of intimacy a typical Western man experiences is enough to make any man depressed, or depress him even more than he already is.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Why do you ask OP?

Therapists can't solve your problems. They can only make you feel better for a while or give you some coping skills.

You can get the same result by reading a self-help book or listening to someone like Dr. Wayne Dyer or Anthony Robbins, who will give you simplistic New Age claptrap such as "You create your reality. Change your thoughts and you will change your life" blah blah, which won't solve anything.

None of them will tell you to change your location.

What's worse, they may give you bad advice and tell you to stay in America and work on yourself, because America is "the world" and everywhere else is the same so there's no point in going anywhere else. Americans are not trained to seek relocation as a solution.

Look what happened to me when I went to a psychotherapist.

viewtopic.php?t=9798
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Go overseas, period!

I'm only depressed and self-conscious, when I'm in the USA or another Anglo/Western country. LOL!
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

The problem with therapists is that they charge obscene prices for uncertain, unguaranteed, and little results. I’m too frugal with my money to ever do that and having people tell me what to do just annoys me. If you have good insurance from your work that pays for it, maybe you could find some guy who doesn’t take himself too seriously and use him to vent frustration or as a paid friend to talk too.

For written material and talks, I really like Vernon Howard. He was a spiritual teacher in the 70s. He is no longer living but a foundation still sells his stuff.

http://www.anewlife.org/html/home.html
TheAustralianMan
Freshman Poster

Re: Anyone got so depressed that you had to seek therapy?

Post by TheAustralianMan »

chanta76 wrote:I mean there are many posters here who are not happy in America or maybe just not happy at all. So I'm wondering if anyone is seeking therapy ?
Yes, I have done so previously. Medication can help, but who wants to be stuck on drugs their whole life?

Having a woman doesn't necessarily help either if it is a medical condition rather than a simple state of mind.

I don't know what the answer is... I don't think going abroad solves it for absolutely everyone.
Vietnam 2015