Rank of Countries by English Proficiency

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Winston
Site Admin

Rank of Countries by English Proficiency

Post by Winston »

Check out this link that Eurobrat sent me. It's a list of countries ranked by English proficiency. This is something to consider if you don't like having a language barrier in a foreign country. If so, you might want to try to go to the countries with higher English proficiency.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EF_English ... ency_Index
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on May 2nd, 2020, 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Ghost wrote:The top spots are mostly Western or Northern European countries...don't think there's going to be much happier abroading going on there. Some of the rankings surprised me though.
Like which ones?
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Top and bottom ranks unsurprising.

Middle ranks surprising.

Ukraine (with no US expats or Brit expats, and little trade with Britain) better than Thailand???

Argentina (with no US trade or tourism) better than Mexico?!

Hong Kong and India supposed to know some English, but down there with foreign, mysterious Indonesia and Vietnam??
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Rank of Countries by English Proficiency

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:Check out this link that Eurobrat sent me. It's a list of countries ranked by English proficiency. This is something to consider if you don't like having a language barrier in a foreign country. If so, you might want to try to go to the countries with higher English proficiency.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EF_English ... ency_Index
This list is pretty incomplete. It misses about all the HA hotspots where English proficiency is high. A few examples:

1. Philippines
2. Jamaica
3. Ghana
4. Kenya
5. South Africa
6. Nigeria
7. Liberia
8. Uganda
9. Malaysia
pandabear
Veteran Poster

Post by pandabear »

I think that they skipped some countries where English has official status.

Anyway,
The EF English Proficiency Index has been criticized for its lack of representative sampling in each country. The report states that participants in the tests are self-selected and must have access to the internet. This pushes the index towards the realm of an online survey rather than a statistically valid evaluation.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on May 2nd, 2020, 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zionosis
Freshman Poster

Post by Zionosis »

Ah Singapore is #12 which is pretty good.
They are very smart in Singapore and rather pale compared to surrounding Asians countries. Except the Chinese above them of course.

I would say that's the best option out of the list for me. Not to mention I live in Australia and it's a short travel to there.
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/dam/assets ... ry-top.jpg

Going to Sweden, Norway, Netherlands, Estonia, Austria, Finland and poland don't seem that tempting considering the women might only be barely better at all there considering what I have seen. Feminism has spread to there and is strong in Europe.

Hungary might be alright since it's practically east europe. I am not so sure though. Singapore seems like the best option.