Wow, Burmese beauties!

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Wow, Burmese beauties!

Post by Falcon »

My photos from Yangon, Myanmar and vicinity. Taken this May.

The yellow powder on their cheeks is called "thanaka," which is made from a kind of tree bark powder and is supposed to protect their skin against the harsh Burmese sun.

These are by far the most un-Westernized women in all of SE Asia. As you can see in the photos below, they like to smile and make eye contact with me. :D

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Falcon gets what HA is supposed to be about!
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

According to Naughty Nomad Burmese(Myanmar) women are among the worst in Asia.

Top 10 Countries In Southeast Asia For Girls
http://naughtynomad.com/2010/06/27/top- ... -s-e-asia/
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Taco wrote:According to Naughty Nomad Burmese(Myanmar) women are among the worst in Asia.

Top 10 Countries In Southeast Asia For Girls
http://naughtynomad.com/2010/06/27/top- ... -s-e-asia/
That's surprising that Burma is rated so low by Naughty.

Falcon, I would like to visit Burma one day. Congrats on your adventure! The women seem very friendly and non-hostile to men--something that you don't see as much in some parts of Asia like China or Korea. So, it's refreshing to see. ...

As an American citizen, do I need a Visa to enter the country, or do I just need a passport? And how is the food there? Thanks.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

I dated a Burmese lady while I was in Thailand. She was hiso Burmese and absolutely stunning. She looked and dressed just like an Asian Barbie. And she had brains. On the downside she was so hot that men were all over her and she was kind of broken inside. A good lady to go on dates and be seen around town with, but that was about it.

I'd like to go to Myanmar one day, but I can't say it would be an easy place to find a wife.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

In the pictures, notice how all the ladies are wearing traditional long gowns and very rarely rare pants (don't even mention shorts). Incredibly feminine! :)

Zboy: You need a Burmese visa in advance, and you'll have to go to the Burmese embassy in Bangkok or Kuala Lumpur in person and pay about $40 for a 30-day tourist visa. There's a new visa-on-arrival scheme that is more expensive and is still in beta stage. Look online for more details.

Burmese food is pretty much like Thai and Cambodian food. You can get a filling lunch from street vendors for less than $1. It's even cheaper than Bangkok!

Naughty Nomad lists places that are good for old white guys who want P4P and don't want to learn the local language. If you're into learning the local language and culture and are looking for wife material, Burma and Laos are definitely for you.

Xiongmao: Yes, we've both got the inside scoop on Burmese barbies! I didn't know the part about her being broken inside though, maybe you can tell me about that in private if you'd like.

Not an easy place to find a wife? Well, among Chinese-speaking guys looking for wives, Myanmar is starting to replace Vietnam as a wife destination.

Jester: And you too. You're living the life in Mexico now! :D
Paloaltoguy
Freshman Poster

Post by Paloaltoguy »

Umm, where are the attractive ones?
Guts Over Fear
Luc Furr
Freshman Poster

Post by Luc Furr »

Paloaltoguy wrote:Umm, where are the attractive ones?
haha so true!

Still I am sure there are lots and lots of hot girls there. Besides they all have an added benefit of not being white women.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Luc Furr wrote:
haha so true!

Still I am sure there are lots and lots of hot girls there. Besides they all have an added benefit of not being white women.
Although I would say that these Burmese chicks are somewhat attractive, judging by this and a previous thread about Indonesian chicks, one would have to say that Falcon's taste in females is somewhat eccentric.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

It reminds me when americaninbangkok used to talk a lot of shit but his wife is butt ugly. Oh but "shes educated" yeah whatever you can have her lol

I dont know why guys here settle for looks. id rather be single than knock up a non hot chick.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Thanks for posting this report and these pictures.

Attractive? Who knows? This is difficult to say, you need more pictures of the same person in various positions.

It's a difference if you take a few snapshots of women while walking in the street in a country with very low income - or if you look at high quality pictures taken in a studio with women who are posing intentionally as models.
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

Whereas I want to check out Burma sometime, these pics of the female population don't impress me. They are ok, as in thin and petite, but all are very plain. I doubt I'd have a second glance at any of them.

Different strokes for different folks I guess. If that's his taste go for it.

I do agree with Yohan though. Perhaps if you put them in a nice fitting dress with some makeup they may be somewhat appealing.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Look guys, what I'm doing is showing you what's on the menu. Just because a waiter shows you some food that you don't like, doesn't mean he's also got a taste for those either.

These are pictures of typical women in Myanmar and how they dress. It has nothing to do with my personal tastes. The point of these posts is to show you how most women on the streets look. You can always find models on Google Images, but photos like these may sometimes be a bit harder to come by.

Burma is still relatively isolated, and the women are nothing like Thai bar girls who dab on gallons of makeup on their faces. Long dresses that don't fit tightly and plain looks are still the norm. And most men still wear longyis (sarongs) rather than pants, jeans, or shorts. Burma is hard to get into, so if you don't like that, there are plenty of other places that you can go to.

Burma has an extraordinarily rich culture and that was what I enjoyed the most. Walking barefoot around pagodas covered in sheets of pure gold was an unforgettable experience.
Last edited by Falcon on July 31st, 2014, 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Falcon wrote:Look guys, what I'm doing is showing you what's on the menu. Just because a waiter shows you some food that you don't like, doesn't mean he's also got a taste for those either.

These are pictures of typical women in Myanmar and how they dress. It has nothing to do with my personal tastes. The point of these posts is to show you how most women on the streets look. You can always find models on Google Images, but photos like these may sometimes be a bit harder to come by.

Burma is still relatively isolated, and the women are nothing like Thai bar girls who dab on gallons of makeup on the faces. Long dresses that don't fit tightly and plain looks are still the norm. And most men still wear longyis (sarongs) rather than pants, jeans, or shorts. Burma is hard to get into, so if you don't like that, there are plenty of other places where you get can go.

Burma has an extraordinarily rich culture and that was what I enjoyed the most. Walking barefoot around pagodas covered in sheets of pure gold was an unforgettable experience.
Falcon, next time post on the "Expat and Dating VIP forum" instead of the regular forum; that way, you can avoid all the trolls that fester there. ...
Luc Furr
Freshman Poster

Post by Luc Furr »

Cornfed wrote:
Luc Furr wrote:
haha so true!

Although I would say that these Burmese chicks are somewhat attractive, judging by this and a previous thread about Indonesian chicks, one would have to say that Falcon's taste in females is somewhat eccentric.
haha thanks for the laugh.

Falcon, you could run and hide on the "Expat and Dating VIP forum" in shame or you could say, "Screw you guys, I like these women." Everybody would laugh and then those who don't know you would adjust their mindset to understand your tastes.