My First Philippines Trip

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
Maverick
Junior Poster

My First Philippines Trip

Post by Maverick »

Last edited by Maverick on July 27th, 2014, 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: My First Philippines Trip

Post by Taco »

Maverick wrote:
Awful. Worst food in the world. There are some good restaurants, but they are difficult to find and definitely the exception to the rule.
Eat McDonalds, Dunkin Donuts and Greenwich Pizza if your at the mall. You can buy American trail mix at Healthy Options, also at the mall. If you eat Filipino BBQ chicken(bantress) on a skewer and mongo beans on rice is always a safe bet. Ormoc pineapple is very sweet, you can buy it at any fish market or grocery store in Cebu.

Everything else you said is true.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Re: My First Philippines Trip

Post by davewe »

Maverick wrote:
Another strange thing I noticed is that I received many compliments from women on my nose. My nose is a bit Jew-y and I've never heard anything about it (good or bad) in my life. Girls in the US usually compliment my smile, which did not happen at all in Phil.
You have a "long nose." By definition this is considered very attractive there. I don't have a bit of a Jew-y nose - I have a Jewish nose :) and got complimented constantly for that.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

Sounds like your experience confirms everything i always said, but hey everyone is determined to believe winston and company. yet not even winston is in philippines right now.

That bar girl if she really liked you enough she wouldn't have accepted any money except the barfine to the bar. Of course most wont do that because its a business to them. They aren't looking for a husband just a meal ticket. She may have liked you enough to come back for free the next day though you so your lucky to be so handsome and cool but she was also just doing that to see if she could get you to become a future western union sponsor. she probably has other guys in her rotation already.

You can find alot of quality women in phil but they wont be on a dating site and youll have to cold approach them. And they wont push themselves on you in an aggressive manner like a scammer or hoe. Not really any different than america. There isn't many attractive women that are available to foreigners, most of the ones who will date you aren't hot just cute or they are almost in maid territory. You may think they are all hot cause thats your new to the country spend a month there and you will realize most women there are ugly or average and the hot girl you think is just borderline attractive.

Low hanging is one thing but being with a hoe/scammer is not good for the long term though. its fun but it just kills your ego and you realize your spending it on a girl who doesn't care about you. My bargirl was the best at sex and chemistry but it gets old when they only are there while the cash is flowing and if its gone they split and would screw any guy once your gone. If your there just for 1 or 2 month vacations it may be ok for you since your just quick tourist. But if you go back multiple times or stay there for long periods your gonna want more from a woman.

Interesting how you shunned me when I said you will need low hanging fruit to enjoy your vacation because the quality girls will be distant and not much fun. YOu wound up with low hanging fruit in the end and are now saying you want semi-pro/bargirl when you come back LOL If i were you id strive for something more than a hoe/scammer. At least low hanging fruit that isn't a professional hoe.

yeah its ok but honestly most including me didn't realize when coming here that if you want long term relationship material your just gonna wind up with low hangers or hoes or scammers or milfs. if you want quality it will be awhile to find a hot quality girl to court her or even find her. she may have a boyfriend or not be on dating sites or not open to foreigners. if the girl is ugly or borderline attractive many are open to foreigners or dating you but even with them many are just using you so if your gonna get used better to go for a hot girl.

I have very long nose they like it.

Its good you think most of the women are attractive. Someone has to take the borderline chicks while the rest are seeking the ones who actually are hot. :)
Last edited by newlifeinphilippines on July 27th, 2014, 8:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

The filipino guy wants you to screw his girlfriend so he can rob and beat you up later or so he can get the cash after she demands money for sex or so his girl can drug you in the room and rob you.

Im just guessing but its so obvious thats what would happen. or he is gay and wants a threesome. lol

also the fact her friend she turned you down but is willing to keep in touch tells you they are not in the up and up. why would she turn you down? cause her friend wanted to rob you lol
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:Sounds like your experience confirms everything i always said, but hey everyone is determined to believe winston and company. yet not even winston is in philippines right now.
Dude, why are you here? I'm starting to think you're a troll, like other posters have suggested.

You're putting words into my mouth. Like I said, I enjoyed the girls, for the most part.
You can find alot of quality women in phil but they wont be on a dating site and youll have to cold approach them. And they wont push themselves on you in an aggressive manner like a scammer or hoe. Not really any different than america.
MUCH different than America. Like I said, I do get girls in the US, but I've never had responses like the ones that I've had in the Philippines. Not even close.

I do think that it's better to cold approach there, but what's wrong with that? Cold approaching, in general, is much funner than talking to girls on dating sites. And the best thing about cold approaching is that the girls are there in real time as opposed to being in some random part of the country that's 1 hour away as per Google Maps (or 3 hours away by taxi.....since Google Maps was ALWAYS wrong there lol).
There isn't many attractive women that are available to foreigners, most of the ones who will date you aren't hot just cute or they are almost in maid territory. You may think they are all hot cause thats your new to the country spend a month there and you will realize most women there are ugly or average and the hot girl you think is just borderline attractive.
I can't speculate on this since I wasn't there long enough to adequately assess the situation, but even mguy (who notoriously had issues with white people) said that it's possible to get hot girlfriends there for young, good-looking white guys.
Low hanging is one thing but being with a hoe/scammer is not good for the long term though. its fun but it just kills your ego and you realize your spending it on a girl who doesn't care about you. My bargirl was the best at sex and chemistry but it gets old when they only are there while the cash is flowing and if its gone they split and would screw any guy once your gone. If your there just for 1 or 2 month vacations it may be ok for you since your just quick tourist. But if you go back multiple times or stay there for long periods your gonna want more from a woman.
That's exactly what I said. I WANT a few girlfriend experiences to start out with. I'm not ready for marriage yet.
Interesting how you shunned me when I said you will need low hanging fruit to enjoy your vacation because the quality girls will be distant and not much fun. YOu wound up with low hanging fruit in the end and are now saying you want semi-pro/bargirl when you come back LOL If i were you id strive for something more than a hoe/scammer. At least low hanging fruit that isn't a professional hoe.
I didn't intentionally seek out "low hanging fruit". Also, what's wrong with a professional girl? If you're just looking for sex and short-term good time, I think it's better to go p4p or get a semi-pro (low hanging fruit are semi-pros, man) than to take a decent girl's virginity. The virgins are for marriage. The pros/semi-pros are for fun.
yeah its ok but honestly most including me didn't realize when coming here that if you want long term relationship material your just gonna wind up with low hangers or hoes or scammers or milfs. if you want quality it will be awhile to find a hot quality girl to court her or even find her. she may have a boyfriend or not be on dating sites or not open to foreigners. if the girl is ugly or borderline attractive many are open to foreigners or dating you but even with them many are just using you so if your gonna get used better to go for a hot girl.
Pretty much every successful guy on this forum (ie: not you, you are not successful) has said multiple times that it takes a while to find a decent girl that's also attractive. By just reading the forum, I figured as much. This trip confirmed it.
Its good you think most of the women are attractive. Someone has to take the borderline chicks while the rest are seeking the ones who actually are hot. :)
LOL and how's that going for you? For someone that whines and bitches so much, you talk a lot of shit.
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:The filipino guy wants you to screw his girlfriend so he can rob and beat you up later or so he can get the cash after she demands money for sex or so his girl can drug you in the room and rob you.

Im just guessing but its so obvious thats what would happen. or he is gay and wants a threesome. lol

also the fact her friend she turned you down but is willing to keep in touch tells you they are not in the up and up. why would she turn you down? cause her friend wanted to rob you lol
It's clear to me that you never spent much time with the locals. Did you actually meet and befriend any of them? Ever go out to a real club with them and drink with them? (my guess is no because you admit many places that you're chicken shit and are too scared to even approach girls there)

I can guarantee that the dude was not trying to rob me. That's ridiculous.
steve55
Junior Poster

Post by steve55 »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:Sounds like your experience confirms everything i always said, but hey everyone is determined to believe winston and company. yet not even winston is in philippines right now.
:shock: do what? Lol. New life, to the best of my recollection, you were as negative as could be on the Philippines and especially the women . Lol ,to me, this is a very positive trip report, nothing like you reported. I was shocked when you agreed with it. Lol. I don't see a single thing in this report that Winston would disagree with. And in fact, I myself find this 100% in line with what I've experienced in y 8 trips over 10 years and 3 months living there. I'm curious exactly what part of this report Winston (and company) would disagree with????

Ps- not trying to start anything or contradict ya, I'm just curious.
Interesting how you shunned me when I said you will need low hanging fruit to enjoy your vacation because the quality girls will be distant and not much fun.
Low hanging fruit.He was only there for two weeks, and yea, the Phils is full of low hanging fruit, I agree, but if you want to find quality women, Winston and company have always said you'll need far more than 2 weeks if you you haven't already done some pre arrival homework with the girls on the net. I wonder what your definition of quality is? How do you define that? My definition is a middle class girl who can pay her own way and who is educated and has a professional job, and has good good moral and family values. And that ain't too hard to find but it will take more than 2 weeks. Lol. My girl graduated with honors and is a school teacher and can pay her own way if necessary (I insisted on being a gentlemen though and never allowed her to do so on our outings), and our very own happier abroad board member Darrenfw (whom I joined on one my trips there) married a professional middle class girl who was working for chase bank and was a very high quality woman. Let me come at ya from a different angle. What specific things make a woman low quality in your book? Whatever that is, I can bet you that neither my girl not darrenfw's girl will fall into your list of what makes a girl low quality. Though, I would agree that those kind of girls arnt everywhere there, maybe 15% meet all those characteristics I outlined, but again, you probably need more than 2 weeks to find one if you have t done some scouting ahead of time. And both myself and Darrenfw met our girls online at dating sites. So, there ya go.

I got the impression that OP felt he could have met some great women if only he had more time to pursue it.

Update- ok, never mind newlife, I read your post further and see that you do indeed agree that one needs more than 2 weeks to find higher quality girls. It seems from your post that maverick had told you (or us) that he thought he could find quality girls in 2 weeks? Yea, if so, that's not gonna be likely without pre trip homework by chatting lots of girls before hand.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Maverick wrote:
Dude, why are you here? I'm starting to think you're a troll, like other posters have suggested.

You're putting words into my mouth. Like I said, I enjoyed the girls, for the most part.
You can find alot of quality women in phil but they wont be on a dating site and youll have to cold approach them. And they wont push themselves on you in an aggressive manner like a scammer or hoe. Not really any different than america.
MUCH different than America. Like I said, I do get girls in the US, but I've never had responses like the ones that I've had in the Philippines. Not even close.

I do think that it's better to cold approach there, but what's wrong with that? Cold approaching, in general, is much funner than talking to girls on dating sites. And the best thing about cold approaching is that the girls are there in real time as opposed to being in some random part of the country that's 1 hour away as per Google Maps (or 3 hours away by taxi.....since Google Maps was ALWAYS wrong there lol).
There isn't many attractive women that are available to foreigners, most of the ones who will date you aren't hot just cute or they are almost in maid territory. You may think they are all hot cause thats your new to the country spend a month there and you will realize most women there are ugly or average and the hot girl you think is just borderline attractive.
I can't speculate on this since I wasn't there long enough to adequately assess the situation, but even mguy (who notoriously had issues with white people) said that it's possible to get hot girlfriends there for young, good-looking white guys.
That's exactly what I said. I WANT a few girlfriend experiences to start out with. I'm not ready for marriage yet.
I didn't intentionally seek out "low hanging fruit". Also, what's wrong with a professional girl? If you're just looking for sex and short-term good time, I think it's better to go p4p or get a semi-pro (low hanging fruit are semi-pros, man) than to take a decent girl's virginity. The virgins are for marriage. The pros/semi-pros are for fun.
Pretty much every successful guy on this forum (ie: not you, you are not successful) has said multiple times that it takes a while to find a decent girl that's also attractive. By just reading the forum, I figured as much. This trip confirmed it.
LOL and how's that going for you? For someone that whines and bitches so much, you talk a lot of shit.
No one said you need to date a virgin. Not all low hanging fruits are prostitutes. Ok good luck with your hoes and scammers you now prefer. You obviously sound bitchy that i was right all along mr im gonna look for educated high quality women and not care about sex when i get there. lol of course you can find a good looking quality woman when you get there but you can do that in america also as you always mention so whats your point that you can do that in philippines of course its easier there but your successful in america also? Your coming off as a arrogant douchebag now.
steve55
Junior Poster

Post by steve55 »

Maverick wrote:

+ 1 to all you said maverick!

I think he's a mix, par to troll and part Phils hater. Ha ha ha :lol:
Last edited by steve55 on July 27th, 2014, 10:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

steve55 wrote:
:shock: do what? Lol. New life, to the best of my recollection, you were as negative as could be on the Philippines and especially the women . Lol ,to me, this is a very positive trip report, nothing like you reported. I was shocked when you agreed with it. Lol. I don't see a single thing in this report that Winston would disagree with. And in fact, I myself find this 100% in line with what I've experienced in y 8 trips over 10 years and 3 months living there. I'm curious exactly what part of this report Winston (and company) would disagree with????

Interesting how you shunned me when I said you will need low hanging fruit to enjoy your vacation because the quality girls will be distant and not much fun.
Low hanging fruit.He was only there for two weeks, and yea, the Phils is full of low hanging fruit, I agree, but if you want to find quality women, Winston and company have always said you'll need far more than 2 weeks if you you haven't already done some pre arrival homework with the girls on the net. I wonder what your definition of quality is? How do you define that? My definition is a middle class girl who can pay her own way and who is educated and has a professional job, and has good good moral and family values. And that ain't too hard to find but it will take more than 2 weeks. Lol. My girl graduated with honors and is a school teacher and can pay her own way if necessary (I insisted on being a gentlemen though and never allowed her to do so on our outings), and our very own happier abroad board member Darrenfw (whom I joined on one my trips there) married a professional middle class girl who was working for chase bank and was a very high quality woman. Let me come at ya from a different angle. What specific things make a woman low quality in your book? Whatever that is, I can bet you that neither my girl not darrenfw's girl will fall into your list of what makes a girl low quality. Though, I would agree that those kind of girls arnt everywhere there, maybe 15% meet all those characteristics I outlined, but again, you probably need more than 2 weeks to find one if you have t done some scouting ahead of time. And both myself and Darrenfw met our girls online at dating sites. So, there ya go.

I got the impression that OP felt he could have met some great women if only he had more time to pursue it.

Update- ok, never mind newlife, I read your post further and see that you do indeed agree that one needs more than 2 weeks to find higher quality girls. It seems from your post that maverick had told you (or us) that he thought he could find quality girls in 2 weeks? Yea, if so, that's not gonna be likely without pre trip homework by chatting lots of girls before hand.
maverick is just pissed my advice was right in his other thread he made. He of course thought he knew better but now he is coming off angry and bitchy to me. Im done with this idiot. I hope hes stupid enough to send western union to these hoes he makes a vacation girlfriend.
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:
Maverick wrote:

No one said you need to date a virgin. Not all low hanging fruits are hoes. Ok good luck with your hoes and scammers you now prefer. You obviously sound bitchy that i was right all along mr im gonna look for educated high quality women and not care about sex when i get there. lol of course you can find a good looking quality woman when you get there but you can do that in america also as you always mention so whats your point that you can do that in philippines of course its easier there but your successful in america also? Your coming off as a arrogant douchebag now.
You are by far the biggest retard on this forum. Extremely annoying. And everything you say is contradictory.

You were not right. I thought that I was hanging out with an educated girl, but she lied about everything. My mistake (I now realize) was in my screening on the dating sites. I needed to start talking to them many months in advance, which I failed to do. Also, I should have spent WAY more time cold approaching. And next time, I'll go alone. I spent way too much time trying to appease my friend by keeping the online girl around because he was really into her friend. I wanted to ditch her pretty early on (though, I ultimately learned a TON by keeping her around....so it worked out in the end).

Ultimately, my goal of this trip was to learn as much as I could about the Philippines, the culture, and the girls. And, for being there just 2 weeks, I did pretty well.
Last edited by Maverick on July 27th, 2014, 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

steve55 wrote:

maverick is just pissed my advice was right in his other thread he made. He of course thought he knew better but now he is coming off angry and bitchy to me. Im done with this idiot. I hope hes stupid enough to send western union to these hoes he makes a vacation girlfriend.
Yes, please stop responding in my thread. Maybe try taking some grammar lessons, you f***ing idiot.

Have fun whining and crying about how much of a loser you are even in the Philippines. Really adding a lot to this forum there, bud. :lol:
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

steve55 wrote:
Maverick wrote:

+ 1 to all you said maverick!

I think he's a mix, par to troll and part Phils hater. Ha ha ha :lol:
Haha thanks man! I definitely appreciate your continued contribution and good advice on this forum to us newbs that are just starting out! :)
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Maverick wrote:
Maverick wrote:

No one said you need to date a virgin. Not all low hanging fruits are hoes. Ok good luck with your hoes and scammers you now prefer. You obviously sound bitchy that i was right all along mr im gonna look for educated high quality women and not care about sex when i get there. lol of course you can find a good looking quality woman when you get there but you can do that in america also as you always mention so whats your point that you can do that in philippines of course its easier there but your successful in america also? Your coming off as a arrogant douchebag now.
You are by far the biggest retard on this forum. Extremely annoying. And everything you say is contradictory.

You were not right. I thought that I was hanging out with an educated girl, but she lied about everything. My mistake (I now realize) was in my screening on the dating sites. I needed to start talking to them many months in advance, which I failed to do. Also, I should have spent WAY more time cold approaching. And next time, I'll go alone. I spent way too much time trying to appease my friend by keeping the online girl around because he was really into her friend. I wanted to ditch her pretty early on (though, I ultimately learned a TON by keeping her around....so it worked out in the end).

Ultimately, my goal of this trip was to learn as much as I could about the Philippines, the culture, and the girls. And, for being there just 2 weeks, I did pretty well.
Nothing you did was anything that special. You know nothing of the culture here. Ive befriended pastors here. and you think some scamming or gay filipino trying to drug you in your hotel room and getting bsed by a freelance prostitute on the dating sites and falling in love with a bargirl is a success 2 week vacation. Anyways i make probably 5 times the amount of money you make good luck in the military you slave haha.