My First Philippines Trip

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

droid wrote:That was a great report Maverick (if you're still reading). Much appreciated.
A two week trip is a flash IMO, for such a short span you did great.

One of the great benefits of a location like this is not just the s*x, but the nice treatment you get from the ladies in general. That alone can be a life saver for many guys.

As far as this whole debacle goes, one thing that makes the forum look bad is that everybody quotes the whole thread for every reply :roll:
I think it's better to just quote the last item
, if someone else's post is in between. Otherwise no quoting should be necessary.
Actually, it's a shame that nobody quoted the whole thread for the OP in their response. If they had, it would still be here for us to read. By the time I got to this thread, it was already deleted. If someone had quoted it, I would still be able to see it.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Array9
Freshman Poster

Post by Array9 »

zboy1 wrote: NewLife is a troll...sigh. Trolls have taken over the forum. You happy now, Rock?
I have a few suggestions Z.

1) If Winston doesn't want to ban trolls, why not give them their own space where they can spit their garbage like the Nice Guys forum did below:

http://www.the-niceguy.com/forum/index.php?showforum=70

2) Give Maverick access to the VIP forum and hope he comes back and re-post his trip report.

This site is going down hill in my opinion. Trolls like NewLife and Palo Alto have no business being here. They are nothing more than attention seekers.
Men chase, women choose

As long as you have gold in your hand, you will ALWAYS have bread on your table.
hammanta
Junior Poster

Re: My First Philippines Trip

Post by hammanta »

Taco wrote:
Maverick wrote:
Awful. Worst food in the world. There are some good restaurants, but they are difficult to find and definitely the exception to the rule.
Eat McDonalds, Dunkin Donuts and Greenwich Pizza if your at the mall. You can buy American trail mix at Healthy Options, also at the mall. If you eat Filipino BBQ chicken(bantress) on a skewer and mongo beans on rice is always a safe bet. Ormoc pineapple is very sweet, you can buy it at any fish market or grocery store in Cebu.

Everything else you said is true.
Greenwich Pizza is quite good. I don't think the food is all that bad though it depends on who makes it. I think many judge the food by street vendors or cheap restos. Traditional food made by an actual family has always been pretty good IMO. Lechon and Adobo are some of my favorites. Rice is always good and fresh Mangoes are one of my few loves. The only food I've found to be completely inedible so far were Balot (baby fetus left in the egg) and some pork wrapped in goat skin with peanut butter glaze shit. Then again I haven't been exposed to every filipino dish and I'm sure there are some real stomach turners out there.
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

droid wrote:Hey Maverick, could you rate this girl? How many did you see like this?

http://www.loveme.com/women/info147907.htm

Though you asked Maverick, I'll chime my 2 cents in :D

If I was gonna rate her I'd give her a 6-6.5. She's cute with a nice petite frame but nothing extraordinary (for the general population). In regular clothes she'd look about average, slightly above maybe.

Droid if your ideal girl is petite, tan skin, and a cute smile you won't be disappointed with Philippines. And a 6 isn't meant to be discouraging, they are still quite cute and I wouldn't pass on several of them. The 8-10's for most guys are the taller, lighter skin with big breasts and very nice shapely asses. The last two not found that often in Asia as compared to the West. But if she is your type then I'd say book your trip.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Yohan wrote:
While I recommend every Western man to get on an airplane and to discover the world, I think it is fair to say, before your departure make sure you are financially stable for relocation. If not, better take only vacation, enjoy a few weeks and go home again, working and for saving up for a better future.
Wrong.

If I had followed this advice I would still be in the USSA.

Yes, best thing to do is take a vacation or two-week scouting mission ***IF*** you ARE financially stable.

If NOT "financially stable", just GTFO of Dodge. Might as well be broke overseas in an interesting place.

Just had a guy fix my stove, gas up my car, get estimates, repair the vertical blinds, do other odds and ends around the house, plus run three errands. Paid him 250 pesos or $20 dollars US for 5 hours. He was happy with that.

So being broke in Mexico is different than being broke in the US.

Do not wait till "stable".
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Rock wrote:
Actually, it's a shame that nobody quoted the whole thread for the OP in their response. If they had, it would still be here for us to read. By the time I got to this thread, it was already deleted. If someone had quoted it, I would still be able to see it.
So THERE, Winston.

Quoting is GOOD.

So THERE!!!

:mrgreen:
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Array9 wrote:
I have a few suggestions Z.

1) If Winston doesn't want to ban trolls, why not give them their own space where they can spit their garbage like the Nice Guys forum did below:

http://www.the-niceguy.com/forum/index.php?showforum=70

2) Give Maverick access to the VIP forum and hope he comes back and re-post his trip report.

This site is going down hill in my opinion. Trolls like NewLife and Palo Alto have no business being here. They are nothing more than attention seekers.
I agree with all.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

hammanta wrote:Though you asked Maverick, I'll chime my 2 cents in :D
If I was gonna rate her I'd give her a 6-6.5. She's cute with a nice petite frame but nothing extraordinary (for the general population). In regular clothes she'd look about average, slightly above maybe.

Droid if your ideal girl is petite, tan skin, and a cute smile you won't be disappointed with Philippines. And a 6 isn't meant to be discouraging, they are still quite cute and I wouldn't pass on several of them. The 8-10's for most
guys are the taller, lighter skin with big breasts and very nice shapely asses. The last two not found that often in Asia as compared to the West. But if she is your type then I'd say book your trip.
Although I like other kinds of girls too, to me she's gorgeous 9+, at least in that one picture. In the other pictures she's like 8.
Holy smokes 18, 4'11", I'd love to date a girl like that at least once in my life. I'm 5'6" so I'd feel like a super-stud lol haha.
Like I've said, I'm really glad you guys are pickier than me LOL. Thanks for the good news, I'll definitely go there!!
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

droid wrote:
Although I like other kinds of girls too, to me she's gorgeous 9+, at least in that one picture. In the other pictures she's like 8.
Holy smokes 18, 4'11", I'd love to date a girl like that at least once in my life. I'm 5'6" so I'd feel like super-stud lol haha.
Like I've said, I'm really glad you guys are pickier than me LOL. Thanks for the good news, I'll definitely go there!!
This has the sound of man who is going to win.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Jester wrote:
Yohan wrote: While I recommend every Western man to get on an airplane and to discover the world, I think it is fair to say, before your departure make sure you are financially stable for relocation. If not, better take only vacation, enjoy a few weeks and go home again, working and for saving up for a better future.
Wrong.
If I had followed this advice I would still be in the USSA.
Yes, best thing to do is take a vacation or two-week scouting mission ***IF*** you ARE financially stable.
If NOT "financially stable", just GTFO of Dodge. Might as well be broke overseas in an interesting place.

Just had a guy fix my stove, gas up my car, get estimates, repair the vertical blinds, do other odds and ends around the house, plus run three errands. Paid him 250 pesos or $20 dollars US for 5 hours. He was happy with that.

So being broke in Mexico is different than being broke in the US.
Do not wait till "stable".
You are right, I see the situation from Central Europe and you see it from USA, which is clearly not the same.

What will you miss if you leave USA, even without thinking about it? Not really much it seems.

While USA is not known to offer such social security to its citizens, the situation is much better in Central/Northern Europe (for example Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Sweden, Norway etc).

It is often much better not to leave beyond the EU-borders permanently, but to do some work for +6 months and to stay overseas for +6 months.

Many within Europe are doing this, like seasonal work, as it keeps your social security up to date, and when getting older, you might claim state pension rights (which might be transfer to your country of retirement), you can also claim medical assistance almost for free (while we all know that medical bills in USA are a horror), in case your money is not enough, you might work a few months longer, than claim jobless benefits (even while abroad for up to 3 months in my country etc.)

I need only to look next to my neighbors in Thailand in the condominium building - from Norway, 4 months in winter, 2 months in summer in Thailand, semi-retired doing part-time, or the German man, working for construction summer only in Germany, winter time = jobless money and Thailand... there are many from Europe. choosing this kind of 50/50 - keeping a small accommodation in their own country to keep an address in Europe and keeping a secondary address in Thailand, Malaysia or elsewhere in Asia for vacation only.

It depends on the individual and the legal regulations of the country I think.
To move totally out in my case from EU does not make really sense - so I am EU-citizen, Japanese permanent resident, and for vacation I am in Thailand and Philippines. -

It should be noticed, that EU-citizens have much longer vacation (fully paid) than US-citizens. With overtime and regular work in combination (even if this work is seasonal, but working during weekend etc.) vacation might add up to 2 months or more.

It's not bad to work in Europe for 6 months, get 2 months vacation fully paid, + 1 month bonus, and the other 3 months you pay out of your savings and this is easy if you choose a cheap country, and it's easy to be a true tourist only, without any working permit. Often even without visa if you are moving on from Thailand-Malaysia-Cambodia ....

As said, this is about what many Europeans are thinking, especially those from Northern/Central Europe. Of course your working conditions in USA are quite different, openly said, they are often worse than in Europe.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Yohan wrote:
You are right, I see the situation from Central Europe and you see it from USA, which is clearly not the same.

Yes indeed there are some benefits still offered to the middle class in Europe... and you did a pretty good job of rubbing it in, too!

:(

I knew a Dutch citizen, lived in US for decades, when he retired he left the US to return to Holland for such reasons... pensions, medical etc
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

Although I like other kinds of girls too, to me she's gorgeous 9+, at least in that one picture. In the other pictures she's like 8. Holy smokes 18, 4'11", I'd love to date a girl like that at least once in my life. I'm 5'6" so I'd feel like a super-stud lol haha.
I wouldn't say it's because I'm pickier, the girl is still a great catch, and in the US she'd be better than a 6. When you look at the general population, there are a ton of girls that are petite with pleasant frames so finding a girl with a cute face isn't that hard. Now if you are looking for Kate Upton type body style, you are gonna have to look long and hard (pun intended ). :lol:

Anyways just book a trip and see for yourself.
Amaziah
Freshman Poster

Post by Amaziah »

Sounds amazing the way you have talked about your experiences because that is something which is truly the need of the moment and works for us surely.So yeah getting into these things helps us for sure which keeps it all working in a reasonable manner that is the thing i find fine enough.
For me the most reasonable source of traveling is kissimmee to boca raton transportation and i find it useful every time.
Rebecca123
Freshman Poster

Post by Rebecca123 »

Well! The information which you have shared about the Philippines food. I think that it will be proved helpful for the pro who is planning to go0 Philippines or who wants to go to the Philippines. I have never been to the place so would you like to share some more information about the place I would love to know about the place.