I am talking to a filipina.

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

I am talking to a filipina.

Post by The_Hero_of_Men »

Right now, I am talking to a filipina and she keeps talking about how she wants to move to USA with me. This, for some odd reason, is raising red flags and warning klaxons for me. What should I do???
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
jtest28
Freshman Poster

Post by jtest28 »

just keep chatting and see what happens. But I think she's just being romantic.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Most Filipinas want to come to the US its not unusual. The important question is, Can you trust her? If she starts asking you to send her money in the next few weeks its a good indications she's screwing with you.
Array9
Freshman Poster

Post by Array9 »

Hero, I am not familiar with your history but have you ever been to the Philippines? If you have never met this lady in person and she wants to come to the USA, this should be a red flag.

I could be wrong but from the brief information you gave it sounds like she would do anything to get out of the Philippines.

Always keep your options open and line up a few good girls to go and meet. And yes, some girls do not show up when you plan to meet them.
Men chase, women choose

As long as you have gold in your hand, you will ALWAYS have bread on your table.
C.J.
Experienced Poster

Post by C.J. »

Do you have at least $4,000 saved up? Do you wanna date and f**k filipinas? Then go to the philippines.

Otherwise don't talk to them. Don't expect ANY of them to have feelings for you. They cannot. It's not practical.

Only bother talking to filipinas if you can move there and f**k their brains out. That's the ONLY way they'll deal with you long-term. Otherwise, all that talking is a waste of time.
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

C.J. wrote:Do you have at least $4,000 saved up? Do you wanna date and f**k filipinas? Then go to the philippines.

Otherwise don't talk to them. Don't expect ANY of them to have feelings for you. They cannot. It's not practical.

Only bother talking to filipinas if you can move there and f**k their brains out. That's the ONLY way they'll deal with you long-term. Otherwise, all that talking is a waste of time.
Somewhat agree. The basics is that you should leave these girls as simply chat mates for the time being until you actually get to go there and meet them. Don't fall in love and always expect she is talking to other guys, as well as you should be talking to other girls. If she asks you for money drop her immediately. Once you go there, meet her, and see what she is really like, that is when your feelings should start expanding but always, and I mean always, be cautious.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: I am talking to a filipina.

Post by MrMan »

You could suggest an idea where you go to live in her country, for life, and take a kind of low-paying job, where you will live a very simply life, but be able to be with her. Just see how she reacts. If she wants a greencard, she may not like that idea very much. If she's just chatting with you to get money, she may continue but later ask for money.

I do think there are real girls online looking to marry. I lived in Indonesia for many years, where I met my wife. In that part of the world, marrying a foreigner is high-status, and some women just think western men are good looking. You could not be a head-turner at all in the US, and girls there would say you are good looking. Your exotic, light-skinned, and have a 'nose that sticks out'-- things they find attractive. My wife would occasionally have women ask her how to find a white husband. One of them was about 40, attractive and looked a lot younger than that. She's just worked at her job and never really got involved in romantic relationships much and had never been proposed to. This was back when most Indonesians weren't on the Internet back around 2001 or so. I suggested online dating. I saw a year or so later and she was engaged to a man she met online. She was really looking for a husband, not someone to scam.

Two other women we knew who were probably around 30 got married to men they met online, too. So there are women out there looking for husbands. In the Philippines, I'd imagine it's the same way, though I suspect they have more of a con-artist industry than other countries. In Indonesia, usually if a woman speaks English, she's fairly well educated. In the Philippines, high school and middle school grads may be able to speak it well.

In Indonesia when I was there several years ago, it was the norm for people to be virgins until marriage, male and female. At the least, it was expected. It's not hard to find a virgin there if you want a lower rate of divorce, no worries about contracting an STD with her, and a woman who doesn't have the heavy emotional hormonal bond with past lovers. I suspect you could find virgins in the Philippines, too.

Every country has prositutes and con artists, though.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

The_Hero_of_Men wrote:Right now, I am talking to a filipina and she keeps talking about how she wants to move to USA with me. This, for some odd reason, is raising red flags and warning klaxons for me. What should I do???
You can't tell when you've won?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U12bWXqxgXM
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on May 2nd, 2020, 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

The_Hero_of_Men wrote:Right now, I am talking to a filipina and she keeps talking about how she wants to move to USA with me. This, for some odd reason, is raising red flags and warning klaxons for me. What should I do???
Your information is not enough to give a good advice, but there are some general rules how to proceed.

If you do not know her personally, and you are interested in this woman, you have to meet her in person where she is living and check out her daily way of life.

This means to get on an airplane direction Philippines and see yourself for at least 1 full week, better 2 weeks what is going on there.

Has she ever been out of Philippines? Are there relatives living outside of Philippines? Where is she living now, in which city? What is she doing all day? etc.
tamdrin12
Freshman Poster

Post by tamdrin12 »

You guys.. one or two weeks in a country is just dipping your toes in the water.. it takes A LOT longer to get to know someone and really know what kind of person they are... I would say 1 or 2 months minimum... the longer the better..
Been living abroad for 4 years now. India, Nepal, Taiwan, and Thailand. Currently in Thailand teaching English as my bread and butter.

Check out my online store featuring cool jewelry and items at very reasonable prices from Thailand!

http://thailand-treasures.myshopify.com/collections/all
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

MrMan wrote: I do think there are real girls online looking to marry.

She was really looking for a husband, not someone to scam.

Two other women we knew who were probably around 30 got married to men they met online, too. So there are women out there looking for husbands.

In Indonesia ..... if you want a lower rate of divorce, no worries about contracting an STD with her, and a woman who doesn't have the heavy emotional hormonal bond with past lovers. I suspect you could find virgins in the Philippines, too.

Every country has prositutes and con artists, though.
To meet people online is a good thing if there is a long distance between your place and the country you want to talk with locals who are living there. It's good for the first contact. After you arrive there, for example from USA in Philippines or Indonesia etc., you know already people who will meet you the same day you arrive. - This will save you a lot of time asking around. If this is leading to a long-term friendship or marriage is a different matter, sometimes it will, sometimes not. If not you had a nice vacation...and try again looking online for possible friends in another city or country.

Online for one-night stand etc. a la USA/the girl next door is a way to nothing, most profiles are fakes or contain totally wrong or misleading information.

My experience with internet is quite good, of course there are many crazy people out using it. You must be careful and never in a hurry.
You can meet serious and good people on the internet you could never meet otherwise.

I am not into internet dating or for any online sex etc., but I met on internet an entire Malay-Chinese family, who were visiting me already 2 times in Tokyo and next time I will go to visit their place in Eastern Malaysia (they are working for Japanese car sale and daughter works in a resort hotel), and I met also 2 Thai women who both are far away from poor - medical professionals - and they both have big houses and good jobs near my retirement condominium, I also had my first contact with my Filipina fosterdaughter and with her caretaker by internet and we met personally many times in Cebu and talk often by internet.

Internet is OK, but you have to be careful and stay away from scammers, idiots and criminals.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

tamdrin12 wrote:You guys.. one or two weeks in a country is just dipping your toes in the water.. it takes A LOT longer to get to know someone and really know what kind of person they are... I would say 1 or 2 months minimum... the longer the better..
Yes, but how can you do this? Well, yes, if you have enough money... You might leave your job, but not sure how long it takes to find the next job.

You do not need such a long time of 2 months for the first visit, maybe really only 1 or 2 weeks are enough to see if this person really exists in that way she was telling to you. See her in person, her room, her family, her friends...also the place where she is living of course.

It's about vacation (for yourself) and not about moving. It's about that internet for itself is not enough, a personal meeting is required.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Jester wrote:
The_Hero_of_Men wrote:
Right now, I am talking to a filipina and she keeps talking about how she wants to move to USA with me. This, for some odd reason, is raising red flags and warning klaxons for me. What should I do???
You can't tell when you've won?
What I meant was, isn't this the goal you had in mind? I mean, yeah she could be a scammer. But what if she is just a chick who is into you, and into the U.S.?

Isn't that what you want?
Halwick
Freshman Poster

Post by Halwick »

Too bad you told her of your intentions to go to the USA. Had you told her you will be going to Thailand or India or any other NON-western country, would she still express interest in going with you? I doubt it. But if she did, then maybe you have something.

To most Filipinas, getting into the USA and a better way of life is the prime objective. Once she gets a foothold into the USA, she can bring their entire family over, move them in with her (and you).....and eventually move you out of your own house....if you are easygoing and laidback about the whole thing. I've seen that happen to many men I know married to Filipinas.

Don't know how long you've been talking with her, but if it's been a short time, I.e., a few weeks and she is asking you for money to help her family, or she says, she LOVES you and wans to marry you, then DROP her quickly. It's a scam for sure. I don't know about you, but Love is a very special quality of feeling for another person and it takes time to develop that feeling. Filipinas use that word all too freely, lightly and frivolously to catch a sucker.

Filipinas are fun playmates and can make life interesting if you don't mind the soap opera drama, but you have to be careful and wary about what she says. Verify her stories if you can. When you hear too many inconsistencies and contradictions, drop her!

(Okay, maybe it does sound like I've been burned or jaded, but I have all my money, assets and "jewels" intact and haven't lost thousands like a lot of nice, trusting guys have.)