If pr@stitution was legal in US, how would your life change?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

djfourmoney wrote:
Tsar wrote:My life wouldn't change because I'm a person that wouldn't use p4p.
Does this post mean you're trying to reach 1,000 post??? Otherwise there was no need to post here if you have no opinion and don't use this because of your obsession with virginity.
In all honesty, if one hasn't had one's first girlfriend experience, it's kinda easy to fall into the fantasy of *forever* love and sex, as one in the same experience.

It's when one discovers that ppl aren't perfect and that everyone's flaws and shortcomings will at some point surface, does realism kick in. That's why it's important to try to date someone, before the age of 24, if possible.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

SilverEnergy wrote:There would be less shootings and men in America would be more relaxed.
Amen! If p4p were legal in America, you would see rapes go down, sexual assaults go down and women would have to become more friendly towards men because they would not be getting hit on as much.

I dream of living in America where p4p is legalized. OK, it might be a pipe dream but someday the politicians might get it right and legalize p4p. :D
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

jamesbond wrote: women would have to become more friendly towards men because they would not be getting hit on as much.
I think you could legalize everything and AWs will be the same. Remember, they live in a fantasy land of being pursued. Thus, no one has to ask 'em out.
jamesbond wrote:I dream of living in America where p4p is legalized. OK, it might be a pipe dream but someday the politicians might get it right and legalize p4p. :D
Well, a new tax base is an incentive. And given the current jobless ahem *recovery*, anything's possible.

But yes, it would be an awesome thing. I can imagine going to Boston's North End, enjoying a nice Chicken Marsala dish ... go up to an apartment around the corner and bo*nk away for an hour. Afterwards, walk a few blocks and catch a Celtics b-ball game and if Boston wins, I'll go back and bo*nk some more 8) Seriously, that would be a great :) You guys in Australia don't know how good you have it.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

AB discussion thread

Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

djfourmoney wrote:
Tsar wrote:My life wouldn't change because I'm a person that wouldn't use p4p.
Does this post mean you're trying to reach 1,000 post??? Otherwise there was no need to post here if you have no opinion and don't use this because of your obsession with virginity.
It wasn't pointless. I support the legalization of p4p in America for others to use. The question was asking others how their life would change if it were legalized and I gave a simple response.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

About legal prostitution, some men will make use out of it, some not. Some women don't care and will take the money, others will refuse and never consider to offer sex against payment. - Up to them, adults should decide this for themselves.

The problem is starting where it is illegal and where it is done secretly because of zero tolerance of authorities. USA is such a country.

To prohibit prostitution is a feminist tool to control men.

In feminist Sweden it is legal to offer sex against payment, but it is illegal to buy sex. - The woman as victim. Feminism at its finest.

In feminist Norway there is even a law which makes it possible to punish Norwegian men who pay for prostitution while abroad.

In both countries law enforcement however is rather weak, usually only a fine to pay.

How much do you have to pay for it? Prostitution where it is legal (Germany, Denmark, Netherlands, New Zealand etc.), or tolerated (despite it is not fully legalized in Asian countries) like in Thailand, Philippines, Japan etc. is just up to supply and demand.

Sometimes more, sometimes less expensive, it depends on the economic situation of the country.

Personally I think, prostitution should be legal also in USA, but this is difficult, USA is known for its confusing legal system, its pro-feminist do-gooders and Christian clergymen who are against everything - abortion, prostitution, co-habitation etc. etc..

I think, nothing will change soon in USA.
I am not in USA, I don't care - in most countries I am working or on vacation in Europe and Asia, prostitution is legal or tolerated.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Yohan wrote:About legal p4p, some men will make use out of it, some not. Some women don't care and will take the money, others will refuse and never consider to offer sex against payment. - Up to them, adults should decide this for themselves.

The problem is starting where it is illegal and where it is done secretly because of zero tolerance of authorities. USA is such a country..
I don't know if you'd seen "Wolf of Wall Street" but numerous high rollers in America, roll the dice with the vice squad. Others who're too scared, follow the letter of the law.

And given the workaholic culture of places like Wall St, Silicon Valley, the Oil Patch (not just Alaska's arctic), and so on, it's highly likely that P4P will take off with the professionals throughout corporate America, who didn't get hitched up with their college sweetheart.

Realize this ... when a person works 80+ hours, the last thing he needs is some nagging b*tch, asking him to drive her to some resort over the weekend. There are plenty of these guys. Thus, they'll go to the brothel ... and be back at the office to work some more hours.

AB discussion thread

Jeremy
Freshman Poster

Post by Jeremy »

Nothing would change. I live in Canada (where it's legal), and guys are just as thirsty here as they are in the U.S. Most of us aren't content with just hookers.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Jeremy wrote:Nothing would change. I live in Canada (where it's legal), and guys are just as thirsty here as they are in the U.S. Most of us aren't content with just hookers.
I don't know, I was quite happy with Montreal city :)

Perhaps the problem is that you guys don't know how to compartmentalize ... you separate the bo*nk from the so-called meaningful relationships.

And if you can't find any meaning, well, you then just go back to your hobbies and career.

AB discussion thread

E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

S_Parc wrote:
Jeremy wrote:Nothing would change. I live in Canada (where it's legal), and guys are just as thirsty here as they are in the U.S. Most of us aren't content with just hookers.
I don't know, I was quite happy with Montreal city :)

Perhaps the problem is that you guys don't know how to compartmentalize ... you separate the bo*nk from the so-called meaningful relationships.

And if you can't find any meaning, well, you then just go back to your hobbies and career.
That's right...you tell 'em, Doc!!!!! :-D
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Re: If pr@stitution was legal in US, how would your life cha

Post by Teal Lantern »

S_Parc wrote:If it were legal ...
I'd look into the silent partner angle. :wink:
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

I had some time to think about this alternate reality, where pr@stitution is fully legal in the US.

In this reality, I believe I'd basically be one of those overachievers, not that I haven't achieved anything so far :wink:

Between my 1st and 2nd GF in college, there was a lot of heartache and difficulties in regaining focus and so forth. Instead of dating, if I'd simply gone to brothels during that interim, I would have forgotten the 1st gal in a much shorter time. Also, I probably would have gone right back into my studies & work with 100% concentration. Hence, there would not have been a 2nd GF back in school.

And this is the major focus shift.

Due to my newly added intensity, I would have gone for one of those combined MD-PhD programs with the PhD part in something challenging like biomedical engineering where I'd pretty much, be guaranteed to never have any free time between ages 21 and 26 and thus, the brothels would help release steam.

Today, I'd be one of those doctors, who moonlights at a clinic but does consulting work for industry. Granted, it's not some glamorous type of lifestyle but it's still better than most ppl out there. I probably wouldn't care too much for travel and would be content with the things that I do.
Last edited by S_Parc on August 2nd, 2014, 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

AB discussion thread

Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

I might likely have genital warts and several other STDs.
Renatus
Freshman Poster

Post by Renatus »

Wow. Didn't know that prostitution is forbidden in the USA. Tough times! Must make the dating game seem even more important to men then. In Europe (e.g. Germany ) , big brothels are commonplace and not really taboo.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Renatus wrote:Wow. Didn't know that p4p is forbidden in the USA. Tough times! Must make the dating game seem even more important to men then. In Europe (e.g. Germany ) , big brothels are commonplace and not really taboo.
Yes, America is one of the few countries in the world where p4p is still illegal. The rest of the world is light years ahead of the US in terms of sexuality, America is still puritanical.

In Europe brothels are common and some cities have zones where street walkers are allowed.

The funny thing is the rate of STD's in countries where p4p is legal, is lower than it is in countries where it's illegal like the USA.

America needs to get with the rest of the world and legal p4p!
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

It probably wouldn't effect my own personal life that much, except I'd have to keep the kids out of such places as they get older and warn them about it while they are young. I might invest in some cans of Lysol to spray on public toilets, or maybe a lice-killing spray, if it were legal. :)