But the grass isn't greener on the other side

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Mr.Darcy
Freshman Poster

But the grass isn't greener on the other side

Post by Mr.Darcy »

What do y'all have to say to that
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

If the grass isn't greener here on the other side of The Border (or as we call it here La Linea), then I will JUST KEEP GOING.

I am never going back.

It will be green SOMEWHERE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32YPozK5Y-0
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

If one's independently wealthy and boning all the hoes that he wants ... then how's the grass not greener?
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

I'll trade the green grass for cheap beer, nice sand, tan skin female, and crystal clear blue waters anyday.
skateboardstephen
Junior Poster

Post by skateboardstephen »

hammanta wrote:I'll trade the green grass for cheap beer, nice sand, tan skin female, and crystal clear blue waters anyday.
This pretty much sums up where i live.The grass is greener on the other side,not perfect but better.
se eu soubesse o que eu sei hoje, teria mando mulheres americanas para foder-se há muitos anos.que deus abençoe o brasil!
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on May 2nd, 2020, 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SilverEnergy
Junior Poster

Post by SilverEnergy »

"Allow me to show you the Power Cosmic!" - Silver Surfer
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Post by Bao3niang »

I just need THE ONE. I'm not aiming to be a PUA or player like most men on this forum. Yes my ideas are very unconventional and strange or unrealistic to the common mind but isn't this what HA was created to be? Anyways I'm just going my way and I could give less of a damn about the ad populum. As Zhuge Liang said: "How can a a flock of sparrows know the will of a crane?"
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
The
Junior Poster

Post by The »

Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: But the grass isn't greener on the other side

Post by Yohan »

Mr.Darcy wrote:What do y'all have to say to that
But the grass isn't greener on the other side?

This is not true, how do you know? You have to check it out, sometimes it is not, sometimes it really is. Case by case, there is no rule for that.

There are plenty of stories from the past, where people from Europe moved over to USA and found a much better life than in their own country.

About myself, after living in Japan since almost 4 decades, I still think I am better off in Asia than in Europe.

To consider relocation if you are not happy where you are living now, makes sense.
Halwick
Freshman Poster

Re: But the grass isn't greener on the other side

Post by Halwick »

Mr.Darcy wrote:What do y'all have to say to that
I'll add, "and you still have to deal with weeds and mow the lawn regardless which side you're on."

When living abroad in a non-western country and/or involved in a relationship with a non-western woman, you're still going to have issues that you didn't have in the western world, such as cross cultural misunderstandings, age disparity, language barriers, different civil and business laws, inability to own land in your own name, different upbringings, the fact that you are a foreigner in a foreign land, etc.

But if you, as a western man, can deal with those challenges and turn them into opportunities, at the same time enjoy the game, congratulations and more power to you as a true Happier Abroader!
Halwick
Freshman Poster

Post by Halwick »

Jester wrote:If the grass isn't greener here on the other side of The Border (or as we call it here La Linea), then I will JUST KEEP GOING.

I am never going back.

It will be green SOMEWHERE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32YPozK5Y-0
Reminds me of the kid who was given a pile of manure for his birthday. He drove right in and started digging and happily said, "there's gotta be a pony in here somewhere!"
manly5000
Freshman Poster

Post by manly5000 »

Halwick wrote:Reminds me of the kid who was given a pile of manure for his birthday. He drove right in and started digging and happily said, "there's gotta be a pony in here somewhere!"

Are you implying that the entire non-US world is a pile of sh!t?
Halwick
Freshman Poster

Post by Halwick »

manly5000 wrote:
Halwick wrote:Reminds me of the kid who was given a pile of manure for his birthday. He drove right in and started digging and happily said, "there's gotta be a pony in here somewhere!"

Are you implying that the entire non-US world is a pile of sh!t?
Never said or implied ENTIRE. You may infer whatever you like, but as much as you anti-U.S./anti-West mongers hate to admit, there ARE places in the non-US world that ARE piles of sh!t, like India, Africa, most of SE Asia and Latin America. Then there is Israel, most of the Middle East including Israel and Ukraine/Russia where there is constant fighting.

Are you implying THOSE places are paradise, or "greener" than the U.S, by virtue of being NON-US countries?

Obviously you've never been there, or are blind to the faults of those countries due to your anti-US bias.

I was stationed in Japan, Okinawa, Philippines and Panama and have military friends who toured in Europe. Admittedly some of those places are nicer than the U.S., but most of my military friends and business acquaintances eventually wound up back in the States by preference after their tour of duty ended. Even most of the Zonians I knew in the Canal Zone who were well-versed in the Panamanian history and culture, prefer to live in the U.S. rather than in the Panama interior or other Latin American countries.

You guys are amazing; you insist the ENTIRE U.S. is a sh!t hole, yet fall back on it as a safety net when you find for some reason, "Happier Abroad" isn't as "Happier" as previously thought, as in the case of the author of the article "American Expat Considers Returning Home."

By the way, the reason I keep coming back to HA is that many of you have interesting, entertaining and informative stories about Asia, Latin America and Europe (when not colored by anti-U.S. sentiments). Also, the stories about p4p and foreign women are amusing.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Halwick wrote:
Reminds me of the kid who was given a pile of manure for his birthday. He drove right in and started digging and happily said, "there's gotta be a pony in here somewhere!"
:lol:

I love that story!

Yes sometimes you do have to a little digging if you're looking for diamonds

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-2RsZEQ17ShU/T ... Russia.jpg