There is not much benefit to being white in Asia.

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
green1976
Freshman Poster

Post by green1976 »

chanta76 wrote:It's all in the eye of the beholder. I think in Thailand they say that farang gets low quality girls that even the local Thai men get confuse. But hey if the white guys are happy who cares what others think,
Even the leftover are way better than any regular western women,my opinion and all those i know who goes to SEA.
At least in Thailand,even if you get labelled a walking ATM,you have a possibility to enjoy life..being with many nice women compared to the desert in western land unless you put a huge amount of effort to find a partner for a ridiculous outcome.

Now things are starting to change in Thailand,more and more women are fed up of Thai men,the same story happen for us reversing the actors,but not for the exactly same reasons.

Anyway,the philosophy of my buddies are live the life..we want to enjoy it..and this enjoyment is not about"having the perfect job","living in an office journey","being a conformist""having boring,robotic interactions"..it's more about having access to many pleasures,like massages,sex,physical contacts,low stress life,people who are simple and don't have judgements on everything happening all around the world.
We get a feeling of fullfilment,eating well and all this without spending too much money.

We can't have everything,Thailand is in no way like a paradise but it's way better when it come to what we consider life.
tamdrin12
Freshman Poster

Post by tamdrin12 »

The intent of my post was mainly to suggest that although.. yes there may be some benefits to being white in Asia,, we have to question if these really are benefits at all? I mean first of all its unnatural and a farely recent phenomenon that we have to travel across the world to find girls at all. Is this really an advantage??

Second, although the local women may hold western men in certain esteem or have some idea in their mind about them.. How much of this is based in reality? Do you really want to be compared to Hollywood stars? This seems unrealistic and could very easily lead to a let down after the reality sets in for the Asian women... Many marriages lead sour once the reality of major cultural differences set in. We have to be as realistic as possible with our partners.. show them who we really are and then see if they are still interested.. That is the test..

My third point is that Asian men in Asia don't seem to have that hard of a time attracting good quality and good looking women even if they are ordinary Joe's. They know the culture.. they know the way the women think over there.. and they also know that their cultural paradigm will support them in finding love to a certain extent. We men in America don't get any aid from a positive cultural paradigm..

So in conclusion.. yes being a foreigner may help you meet women and get some attention in Asia.. but it is a matter for further reflection if we really have any advantage over local men... I suspect in some ways.. in fact we might be at disadvantage to a certain extent.
Been living abroad for 4 years now. India, Nepal, Taiwan, and Thailand. Currently in Thailand teaching English as my bread and butter.

Check out my online store featuring cool jewelry and items at very reasonable prices from Thailand!

http://thailand-treasures.myshopify.com/collections/all
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Nightngale,

I heard that some foreign Asian men can land Japanese girls. I visited Japan and met Korean expats with Japanese girls but I think it depends upon the country. If it's a Asian guy from a poor country like the Philippines not likely. But I think it depends.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Regarding white guys in Asia if the Asian country is more wealthy it takes more than being white to land a quality Asian women. The poorer the Asian country just being white gives you access to some girls because of social economics. The local Asian guy has some advantage because they know the culture, language and how to deal with the local Asian girls.

At the same time it's not all about race but the individual aspect that someone brings to the the table. Just because one white guy can do well doesn't mean the next white guy will have the same success.
green1976
Freshman Poster

Post by green1976 »

tamdrin12 wrote:The intent of my post was mainly to suggest that although.. yes there may be some benefits to being white in Asia,, we have to question if these really are benefits at all? I mean first of all its unnatural and a farely recent phenomenon that we have to travel across the world to find girls at all. Is this really an advantage??

Second, although the local women may hold western men in certain esteem or have some idea in their mind about them.. How much of this is based in reality? Do you really want to be compared to Hollywood stars? This seems unrealistic and could very easily lead to a let down after the reality sets in for the Asian women... Many marriages lead sour once the reality of major cultural differences set in. We have to be as realistic as possible with our partners.. show them who we really are and then see if they are still interested.. That is the test..

My third point is that Asian men in Asia don't seem to have that hard of a time attracting good quality and good looking women even if they are ordinary Joe's. They know the culture.. they know the way the women think over there.. and they also know that their cultural paradigm will support them in finding love to a certain extent. We men in America don't get any aid from a positive cultural paradigm..

So in conclusion.. yes being a foreigner may help you meet women and get some attention in Asia.. but it is a matter for further reflection if we really have any advantage over local men... I suspect in some ways.. in fact we might be at disadvantage to a certain extent.
The questions you ask are quit similar to those i've had during my numerous Thailand trips and these are not so uncommon for guys who escape there.
The main problem is not Asian men having the advantage,bar girls,good girls and so on.
The main problem is having to go back where you want to f u ck off.
It's a distressful situation when you met nice women abroad and you have to come back to the desert.
That's where some questions can arise..this also put you in a situation where you can easily be a sponsor because you are very lonely at home and you don't connect anymore with the society.
I mean,if we,i put my friends in the list,have the money to sustain ourselves in SEA,i can assure that many questions would be solved.

Still,Thailand is very different when it come to relations.
You can't transpose the meaning of love from a western point to there.
Love for a poor Thai women mean you will have to take care of her parents first.
Where is exactly the limit where you are only an ATM to what is normal to do without being played?
It has being an adventurous place Thailand for me but the overall results are very positive.
At least i enjoyed the life..and my friends says the same things.

I know some old guys too who are the typical ATM but actually they prefer to be that,than dying alone in front of the TV with a dog.

I just understand the questions you are wondering..anyways there are not dozens of possiblity.
Either continuing going there or accepting the rules back home.

Now for me,i have stated on my previous posts,i get to even surpass this problematic because i'm quitting the Western countries and their women.
I don't care as much as before where i asked myself what position i have really in Thailand as a Western man.
Thai men have it better,good for them,Thai men have it worst,sad for them but i know i'm having a good time so that what counts.
I don't loose my time to compare myself to them.
I don't put anymore pressure to build something in Thailand,to enter in a more serious relationship..this matter is not on the table anymore.

I'm going to Panama,having already many family,the passeport,speaking Spanish so this time i have a very good chance to really get away.
I won't be anymore in the position of the Western guy who is enduring feminism,loneliness,the man culprit stigma.

With this equation,i'm more in charge to hand all the problematics you stated and the risk to be only an ATM in SEA because i will be already in a country where i won't suffer of loneliness,lack of opportunity to find a nice woman,lack of positive energy from the society in general.

I'm not the guy who needs to rapidly escape to Thailand because where i came from it's an affective,sexual wasteland and that change it all..it change things the same way the first time i went to Thailand and found i was not condemned to deal with only women at home.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

I wonder if some white guys want to feel superior and want this have this advantage over local Asian men in getting local Asian girls? I can tell you that growing up in America as an Asian man I met white guys that dated Asian girls just to feel better compared to Asian men.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Cornfed is likely to be suicidal at this news. He was banking on Asia being his last chance to score some in his life.
Last edited by Contrarian Expatriate on August 7th, 2014, 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

tamdrin12 wrote:Yes.. I'm not saying that foreigners can't get good quality women.. I'm just saying that it is easier for the local Asian men to get good quality women due to familiarity with the local customs and the fact that much of the time high quality women will prefer someone from their own culture...

BTW I'm not in the phillipines and I have never been there.. I'm not in SEA at all..
For one haven't you lived in India and Nepal? The culture there is quite different than SE Asia and E Asia for one. Religion and ethnic barriers I'm sure plays a huge role.

I don't find this to be some sort of revelation. It's no secret that local guys can get good looking girls, that's the case anywhere in the world. It's not like all the attractive local girls are just waiting for a white boy to step off the plane. But have a look around, there are far more percentages of normal asian guys with normal and ugly asian girls. It's like a foreigner coming to the states and seeing all these young hot white girls with young attractive local guys. But when you look at the general population there are far more ugly people with ugly people. Yea it's gonna be tough competing with the local powerhouse guys but who really cares. Find a girl you like and forget what everyone else thinks.

And it's not necessarily about skin color more as it is about being introverted or extroverted. An extroverted average looking white guy can do quite well in asian. That same average white guy who hides behind his keyboard and doesn't embrace the culture or people will not fair nearly as well.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

As someone said its better to p4p a asian girl than to sit alone in america watching the time go by and feeling bitter and depressed. As much as I knock asian girls its still better than america. Im already going insane in california. Just wish it was easier to find a decent woman who was hot in asia.
SilverEnergy
Junior Poster

Post by SilverEnergy »

tamdrin12 wrote:Yes.. I'm not saying that foreigners can't get good quality women.. I'm just saying that it is easier for the local Asian men to get good quality women due to familiarity with the local customs and the fact that much of the time high quality women will prefer someone from their own culture...

BTW I'm not in the phillipines and I have never been there.. I'm not in SEA at all..
That's how it is in every country on earth.

Time for you to step your game up.
Last edited by SilverEnergy on August 7th, 2014, 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Allow me to show you the Power Cosmic!" - Silver Surfer
SilverEnergy
Junior Poster

Post by SilverEnergy »

chanta76 wrote:I wonder if some white guys want to feel superior and want this have this advantage over local Asian men in getting local Asian girls? I can tell you that growing up in America as an Asian man I met white guys that dated Asian girls just to feel better compared to Asian men.
Of course it is.
"Allow me to show you the Power Cosmic!" - Silver Surfer
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Silver Angel,

You white by chance ? It's one thing if a white guy goes to Asia to find something better but it's another thing if a white guy does it base upon imperialistic mentality. I'm not against a white guy or any type of guy trying to find love or improve his situation but I do have a problem if it's base upon racial superiority complex.

Sad to say I met many expats in Asia and many of them have this complex where they feel that being white they are better than the local Asians and by default Asian women should prefer white guys. But when they see Asian girls preferring Asian men it's like a shock to white guys. Like how dare they!! That's not right !!

I knew a Korean guy in Korea who dated an attractive white girl. The expats that had Korean girl friend thought it was messed up that a Korean guy should be dating a white girl. Speak about hypocrisy.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

chanta76 wrote: ..... I met many expats in Asia and many of them have this complex where they feel that being white they are better than the local Asians

I knew a Korean guy in Korea who dated an attractive white girl. The expats that had Korean girl friend thought it was messed up that a Korean guy should be dating a white girl...
Times are changing, and here in Japan there are white women - usually from Continental Europe - with Japanese men, and no expat considers himself in Tokyo to be better than a Japanese.

In Korea it takes a little while longer, but it will soon become the same as here in Japan I guess. Many Korean men are going overseas, looking for a foreign wife.

Singapore about the same, no problem about who is going with who...

It is still - out of economic reason - different in Thailand, Western expats are often divorced, looking for a local wife after retirement - white women with a Thai man are really rare. Same in Philippines, I have never heard about a white woman living in Cebu with a Filipino man. Same of course also in Cambodia...
tamdrin12
Freshman Poster

Post by tamdrin12 »

SilverEnergy wrote:

That's how it is in every country on earth.

Time for you to step your game up.
The irony is that here in Nepal one of my friends who is a local expected it to be super easy for me as a foreigner to get women here. Truth be told it is pretty easy to meet girls but he was surprised for some reason when I explained that he obviously had the advantage on his home turf...
J_master
Freshman Poster

Post by J_master »

You have the advantage you just don't know how to use it.