Gordon is now banned

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Winston
Site Admin

Gordon is now banned

Post by Winston »

There are complaints about Gordon's staunch racism here degrading the quality of the forum. I have warned him many times about this in the past, yet he still persists in his extreme racism and hate posts. Obviously he cannot change his ways. So the question is:

Which is the higher prerogative here?

- Banning Gordon to preserve the quality of this forum?

Or

- Allowing his racist posts here to preserve true "free speech" in the literal sense of the word?

What do you think?
Last edited by Winston on January 18th, 2010, 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Montanaland
Freshman Poster

Racist posts..

Post by Montanaland »

Maybe using this thread as a final public warning to gordon as not to post any more blatant racist words or remarks from here on out?? I don't know. I believe he can be a great contributor who comes to the table with yrs of experience...although I also dislike his racist public statements or thoughts.

While we are addressing the recent string of low quality posts from members... I'd like to voice my dislike for reading just about anything that Master posts..as this guy continually acts like a 5yr old (or is he 16?) and is constantly attacking members as if he were on quick temper drugs.

If they need to be banned I'm all for it, so we can get back to having our senior members or other folks posting intelligent/truthful words and thoughts on these boards. It would be ashame to have such a great community ruined by dumb asses!

Thanks,

DM
AsianBill
Freshman Poster

Post by AsianBill »

You can have very free discussions, but there always has to be rules and guidelines, and they have to be followed. If you don't want the quality of the discussions to break down, then you have to enforce those rules with disciplinary measures. So in that technical sense, speech is never truly free.

You don't really owe anyone free speech. It's just a choice on your part. As the owner of this board, you set up the rules about what can or cannot be expressed. To put it bluntly, it's your prerogative to censor or ban anyone you choose.

And I do agree you have to be more alert about moderating this board.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

I think we should all take a look at his posting history and decide based on that.

As for free speech, we have to be careful to not confuse freedom of expressing ideas with freedom to disrupt and degrade the quality of the forum.

After reviewing his posts, my vote will be sent via PM.
globetrotter
Experienced Poster

Post by globetrotter »

Winston,

You are the admin and forum owner. Do not ask others permission to do something. Act with authority and just do it. Send a PM to the offender, give them warning, and if they f**k up again boot 'em!
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Racist posts..

Post by Winston »

Montanaland wrote:Maybe using this thread as a final public warning to gordon as not to post any more blatant racist words or remarks from here on out?? I don't know. I believe he can be a great contributor who comes to the table with yrs of experience...although I also dislike his racist public statements or thoughts.

While we are addressing the recent string of low quality posts from members... I'd like to voice my dislike for reading just about anything that Master posts..as this guy continually acts like a 5yr old (or is he 16?) and is constantly attacking members as if he were on quick temper drugs.

If they need to be banned I'm all for it, so we can get back to having our senior members or other folks posting intelligent/truthful words and thoughts on these boards. It would be ashame to have such a great community ruined by dumb asses!

Thanks,

DM
Gordon's been given too many warnings for such a hope. He won't change. It's just who he is.

I agree with you about Master. His posts are very juvenile, and a waste of time to read. But to give him the benefit of the doubt, he might just be a naive dumb twerp asking honest questions. If so, then to ban him simply because his posts are dumb or lame would be kind of mean and even hurtful. I try to be fair to everyone, especially if they are here with honest intentions.

Probably I will be banning Gordon then, since he's been warned too many times.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

globetrotter wrote:Winston,

You are the admin and forum owner. Do not ask others permission to do something. Act with authority and just do it. Send a PM to the offender, give them warning, and if they f**k up again boot 'em!
Maybe I'm just too nice? hehehe. Just kidding. Nah. Actually I'm not asking permission. I just wanted to know if everyone would be happy or unhappy if Gordon was banned. I try to keep everyone happy here too, so it's a consideration. This forum is not a democracy of course, but I do like to consider and factor in everyone's opinions at least.

Grunt
Junior Poster

Post by Grunt »

Hey Winston, heres the deal. Back in 2001 I spent some time over at the american women suck forum. In time, I grew to see the entire site was most likely run by a closet homosexual or feminist group.

I tested my theory by doing a little jew-bating and they showed their true colors. I strongly suspect those same idiots are now here doing the same routine. Just check out the information on Hal Turner's blog. Turns out the guy was an FBI informant the whole time, and turning over juicy tidbits to the FBI for investigation.

Keep in mind these are the same FBI fuckwits that didnt stop the rampant real estate bubble exploits but they can stop to hassle some clown on the internet? Ban the fuckers Winston. They are only here to sow dissention and create anger, with the eventual hope of turning this site into the complete waste of time the aws site is.
AsianBill
Freshman Poster

Post by AsianBill »

gordan wrote:
AsianBill wrote:You can have very free discussions, but there always has to be rules and guidelines, and they have to be followed. If you don't want the quality of the discussions to break down, then you have to enforce those rules with disciplinary measures. So in that technical sense, speech is never truly free.

You don't really owe anyone free speech. It's just a choice on your part. As the owner of this board, you set up the rules about what can or cannot be expressed. To put it bluntly, it's your prerogative to censor or ban anyone you choose.

And I do agree you have to be more alert about moderating this board.
Well, I guess there is a cultural difference between what is free speech and what is censorship or suppressed speech coming from someone who calls himself "AsianBill". You are obviously someone who is proud to be Asian so I suspect that the country where you come from is repressive of certain human rights such as free speech and consequently hate America and its free speech. Well AsianBill, it looks like you don't like what I have to say because you feel like it's a threat to you. In this country we do practice free speech and your fellow Asian Winston believes in it. Get used to it or give up your residency or citizenship and go back to Asia. Nice chatting with you. Gordan.
Gordan,

You're being very dishonest and slanderous. I <b>NEVER</b> called for anyone's speech to be suppressed. And if you understand what you read, you would know that.

I did say it was up to the admin to decide the rules of HIS board, and to enforce those rules as he sees fit. Saying that there are rules and guidelines in discussion groups is merely stating the obvious; I would have thought even you would know that, and I'm surprised you would find this idea particularly "Asian." I must say, that's quite a leap you make from rules and guidelines on web boards, to implying that I favor being "repressive of certain human rights" and "hating America and its free speech." Try being a little more objective and dispassionate next time.

And I stand by my statement that he doesn't owe you or anyone else free speech. He is free to grant it (or not to) inside his own house, just as you are free to leave his house if you don't like his terms.

I think you have confused style with substance, as I do sometimes have a direct, blunt way of talking. But then, I don't like beating around the bush. I like to tell it like it is. If you want to put that down to "cultural difference," be my guest.

And believe it or not, Gordan, I don't find your racial views offensive, and neither do I think it should be suppressed. I've had very candid discussions in the past with whites who hold views similar to yours, and I've never felt threatened by those discussions. My objection to your posts is not your racial views, but your personal attacks on other members.

But even more offensive than your personal attacks is your self-serving use of "free speech" principle to justify your poor attitude, and your poor contributions to this board -- which you can't seem to control.

And BTW, as for where I come from, I was born and raised in the USA, and I know full well about the importance of freedom of speech. I don't need you or anyone else to tell me to "get used" to anything here, you got that? So f**k OFF, ASSHOLE. Do you expect me to give up anything or move anywhere just to convenience a pitiful, miserable son of a bitch like you? LOL You gotta be f***ing joking.

Next time, don't jump to conclusions when you don't know what the facts are first, otherwise I'll come back at you and set you straight again.
picasso25
Freshman Poster

YES WINSTON PLEASE BAN HIM

Post by picasso25 »

winston, please ban him,gordon does not contribute anything positive to this forum, his post are very anti-social, and as a fan of your site that believes you, when you say there is no human connection among americans, I believe Gordon is an example of one of those people who has contributed this with his anti-social, and racist remarks. he causes discord among the bloggers on this site and turns everyone's attention from talking about being happier abroad to going back and forth with racial slurs and insulting racial comments. Winston, as someone who has experienced lots of racism in America,(as a fan and friend) I think it's in not only in my best interest, but in every other person interest that is on this site, he makes racial comments abbout hispanic and black people, IT WON't be long before he starts talking about ASIAN and jewish people as well. think about all the people that would have bought your ebook and supported your site, if it was not for all the racist people like gordon on your site. as for you WHOREDON..GORDON, I hope some minorities in your country beat those racist remarks out your face.
American women!!! Yuk!!!

what's that? you wanna tell me about who paris hilton is dating now. who cares!!!!
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

I think Gordan is allowed to think and feel whatever he wants.

However, this board isnt about crime, racial issues, or any other views unrelated to seeking happiness abroad.

It does detract from the overall message, and it derails threads into what he wants to delve into, not what the majority want to read into.

Really he is a single man trying to impose his personal beliefs onto the majority, the members of the board. This is truly unfair of him to be doing.
AsianBill
Freshman Poster

Post by AsianBill »

gordan wrote:First of all, why do you call yourself AsianBill? Why are you so racist that you would label yourself by your enthnicity when you come on this board?
"Racist"? That's an interesting charge coming from you. Not that I care whether you are or not, mind you. I can call myself whatever I want. So that's my name -- so what? If you want call yourself "White Gordan" or whatever, go right ahead. Honestly, you get your panties in a bunch over the most trivial of things.
I don't consider myself dishonest or slanderous at all.

That's ok. I just happen to disagree with you given your previous post about me.
I say what I think and you faggots don't like it. If you don't like what I say then just write a rebuttal. You know you don't want to. You just want Winston to ban me because you can't think of anything substantive to write back to me.

Listen bitch, you dont' have to tell me what is free speech or not. Obviously you don't know what it is and you don't have the balls to counter me because you know you can't do it. I know freedom of speech as well as you do so f**k off yourself. I don't give a shit how much you want to insult me.
Sigh. You just never listen, do you?

I've already spent time explaining that I'm not in favor of suppressing your speech, but you apparently have some deep-seated need to believe otherwise, and it seems to have clouded your objectivity, and maybe even comprehension skills. Fine. This is a forum devoted to more hopeful, pleasant topics, and it's not worth my while trying to bend over backward reasoning with someone like you who seems unwilling to make even a minimal effort to understand.

It's up to Winston to decide how this forum is run.

That's what I just said in my post, dumbass!! That was the whole f***ing point! Do you know how to f***ing read? Are you that dense? Jesus Christ. {face palm}
So f**k off you dumb shit racist chink.
Now, now, Gordan. If you're going to accuse me of being a "racist," (even though you have NOTHING to support that charge), then it wouldn't do you much good to act like one yourself. And remember, you were the one who threw the first punch. I'm just going back at you. If you can't handle being called out, that's not my problem.
gmm567
Freshman Poster

Post by gmm567 »

hey, I say let him stay. So he goes against the mainstream view. There is a lot of truth in what he says.

So it's not politically correct? So what. Neither are you Winston, but there is a lot of truth in what you say, too.
Grunt
Junior Poster

Post by Grunt »

There is politically incorrect then there is troll. One thing is to express your perspective with fact or logic, its quite another to fling shit around like a doucehbag monkey.
AsianBill
Freshman Poster

Post by AsianBill »

gordan wrote:
AsianBill wrote:
gordan wrote:First of all, why do you call yourself AsianBill? Why are you so racist that you would label yourself by your enthnicity when you come on this board?
"Racist"? That's an interesting charge coming from you. Not that I care whether you are or not, mind you. I can call myself whatever I want. So that's my name -- so what? If you want call yourself "White Gordan" or whatever, go right ahead. Honestly, you get your panties in a bunch over the most trivial of things.
I don't consider myself dishonest or slanderous at all.

That's ok. I just happen to disagree with you given your previous post about me.
I say what I think and you faggots don't like it. If you don't like what I say then just write a rebuttal. You know you don't want to. You just want Winston to ban me because you can't think of anything substantive to write back to me.

Listen bitch, you dont' have to tell me what is free speech or not. Obviously you don't know what it is and you don't have the balls to counter me because you know you can't do it. I know freedom of speech as well as you do so f**k off yourself. I don't give a shit how much you want to insult me.
Sigh. You just never listen, do you?

I've already spent time explaining that I'm not in favor of suppressing your speech, but you apparently have some deep-seated need to believe otherwise, and it seems to have clouded your objectivity, and maybe even comprehension skills. Fine. This is a forum devoted to more hopeful, pleasant topics, and it's not worth my while trying to bend over backward reasoning with someone like you who seems unwilling to make even a minimal effort to understand.

It's up to Winston to decide how this forum is run.

That's what I just said in my post, dumbass!! That was the whole f***ing point! Do you know how to f***ing read? Are you that dense? Jesus Christ. {face palm}
So f**k off you dumb shit racist chink.
Now, now, Gordan. If you're going to accuse me of being a "racist," (even though you have NOTHING to support that charge), then it wouldn't do you much good to act like one yourself. And remember, you were the one who threw the first punch. I'm just going back at you. If you can't handle being called out, that's not my problem.
I don't know Mr. Asian Bill. You talk a lot about censorship. You want me to be censored. That's what I was referring to. You're juvenile words in your attacks towards me don't amuse me. In fact, they make me sad. You ARE a racist, Asian Bill, otherwise you wouldn't be calling yourself 'AsianBill'. I've mentioned it several times now. I'm not going to mention it again. Learn how to read and make proper rebuttals without me having to repeat myself three or four or five times. Learn the language and assimilate into this society like you and and your parents were supposed have done a while ago now.

Gordan:

Your basic problem is that you want to deny reality. And the reality is that I'm here, and that you have to deal with me.

I noticed it took you something like 2 minutes to post your response, so I doubt you put in any thought or consideration into it. All you could come up with was more slanderous lies. More childish, low attacks.

And this time, there's no doubt about your dishonesty. You continue to hurl lies at me, even when you know them to be lies.

You pretend you don't know what I'm talking about (another method of yours to cope with reality), but that's not going to make the truth go away, Gordan. And I will remind you of that every time. Stop your lies against me now.

Chau babe.
Back at you. You act like a bitch, you're going to get slapped like one.