If most filipinas want to be OFWs and leave the country then

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:
hammanta wrote:
To be honest I didnt ever see any girl online that would have met your guys requirements (college grad, attractive, mature, not a complete idiot). there might have been a few but they were very ordinary looking or they were idiots. If you want you a very attractive girl who is educated and can actually have a conversation other than 2 word lines your lucky if you can find one per month online. I dont even worry on the education part cause thats not really my focus i just want a simple girl but even finding a girl with minimal education that is hot and mature and most importantly nice and relationship is pretty hard too. plenty of ugly ones but im talking about hot and nice that isn't a hoe. Thats hard enough to find let alone eduation in the mix. im not sure where your finding those other girls cause i never seen them online lol
Was DIA the only site you used? I could do a search of educated girls 18-25 in Manila on Filipina Cupid and bring up 1000 that have been on within the past week or two. Sure many are average or below average but I'd say at least 100-200 or so were good enough in the looks department to give them a shot. Then minus the ones with kids, scammers, plus ones that don't respond back or flake and you'd still have maybe 25-50 to try. That's just in Manila alone. Broaden that to the whole country and you have a decent shot at finding a good girl. I realize you had other expectations than what others here or I have but I don't think it's quite as daunting a task as you make it seem. Sure it takes some time and effort but good things usually don't come without some energy expenditure.

A huge factor that helped me was simply making friends with some girls/guys. Perhaps it was easy for me because I'm around the age that the girls I was targeting were but that opened a whole other social circle. I even befriended a gay guy of the family I knew and he opened up some avenues (avenues I chose not to pursue because of reasons I shall not mention haha). Even my friend's stepmother, whom is 30 was messaging her friends and cousins telling them to meet me. It's like a job. It's all about networking, networking, networking. Online should be used as laying the ground work.
yeah DIA but these same girls ahve profiles on other sites Even "maverick" went looking for educated nice girls on filipinocupid and his report back was they were liars/scammers and he almost got drugged by another filipino guy and his girlfriend. he deleted it cause of sour grapes that i put in his face lol
Unfortunately I never got to read his post, so I'll refrain from judgments. I acknowledge there are scammers, you just have to know how to spot them. I've never been scammed by a girl but I'm am also very very picky and lookout carefully for stuff like that. Maverick was new to the country so an easier target at that.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

I hate to say it but im glad to be back in america. Now i can fatten my wallet again in peace and low drama.

nothing wrong with getting scammed if your not a fool about it. Maverick also concluded in the future he would do p4p women as vacation girls. That can be fun initially but gets a bit old. I say its ok to be with scammers just dont have them move in and have feelings of love. I recently chatted up with my barhoe and now i can see through her fakeness and phony p4p exterior. I was so foolish before to feel love with her now it seems like a big joke. Sure the sex was great but after awhile your just wasting your time with someone who clearly doesnt even a crap about you. I dont think my gf was a scammer but she was low hanging fruit for sure. its a way to get some of the hotter women there during a dry spell or while your looking for higher quality cause the hotter women tend to be more likely to be scammers. For example milf girl was a scammer but she was hot and the sex was decent but not good enough to keep me going i got rid of her before she even attempted a scam on me though. She was a bit to shy and boring for my tastes in the bed and especially outside the bed though overall and she didn't offer to help me around my hotel and was ashamed to bee seen which is why i went back to my gf.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Re: If most filipinas want to be OFWs and leave the country

Post by Falcon »

publicduende wrote:Perhaps because many of them don't mind working their arses off in Dubai or Hong Kong to help their families, but won't go as far as giving themselves away to a man they don't like or love in the slightest? Those who might be interested in doing the latter are, as you say, probably lacking pride or a surplus of desperation.

Conversely, perhaps their "local broke Filipino guy" is what makes their young hearts race. Perhaps they prefer a simpler life with somebody who looks, talks and thinks like them, to the the risk of hooking up with a foreigner who may just want to extract sex and whine that they're only 5.6666666667's and not the solid 9s he rightly deserves.
+100, gold reply! :D

Many Western men should stop thinking of all Filipina women as impoverished gold-diggers looking for some quick way to get permanent residency abroad with arrogant foreigners. There are fascinating stories, circumstances, cultures, and so much more behind every woman.

MrMan wrote:Percentagewise, how many Filippinas actually marry foreigners? I'd imagine it's the minority, even though the numbers are large.
The Philippines has 100 million people now. There are up to 10 million Filipinos living and working overseas. The number of marriages with foreigners can't be more than tens of thousands, so it's still a drop in the bucket.

The Philippines Census has some info on marriage, but I haven't been able to find anything on foreign spouses.
http://www.census.gov.ph/content/marria ... pines-2011

USCIS stats from the mid-2000's, when the US ecomony was at its prime, showed that on average there were 1,000 registered marriages per year between American citizens and a top mail-order bride source country such as Colombia or Ukraine. (To find this information, you have to go through Excel spreadsheets posted on the USCIS official website.) Each country would has around 50 million people. And since the US is so spread out, the demographic changes are hardly felt in any of those countries.

But the effects were strongly felt in Taiwan when Taiwanese men started marrying South Vietnamese women en masse, especially during the early 2000's. At its peak, about 14,000 Taiwanese-Vietnamese marriages were registered annually. It's a small island with 23 million people, and there are now more migrant brides than Taiwanese aborigines! Vietnam has 90 million people, but the brides all came from just several provinces in the Mekong Delta region, so those provinces add up to just under the population of Taiwan.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vietnames ... _in_Taiwan

And the percentage and number are surely much, much smaller for Indonesians. Now Indonesia is the world's 4th most populous country, with nearly 250 million people, and I'm certain that even fewer Indonesians marry foreigners than Filipinos do. And when they do marry foreigners, the most common trend is with partners of the same ethnicity from Malaysia or some other nearby country. I've noticed that Caucasians who marry Indonesian women are usually more respectable, and would usually pair up with Christian women from Christian-majority areas such as North Sumatra or Sulawesi.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

Falcon wrote:
publicduende wrote:Perhaps because many of them don't mind working their arses off in Dubai or Hong Kong to help their families, but won't go as far as giving themselves away to a man they don't like or love in the slightest? Those who might be interested in doing the latter are, as you say, probably lacking pride or a surplus of desperation.

Conversely, perhaps their "local broke Filipino guy" is what makes their young hearts race. Perhaps they prefer a simpler life with somebody who looks, talks and thinks like them, to the the risk of hooking up with a foreigner who may just want to extract sex and whine that they're only 5.6666666667's and not the solid 9s he rightly deserves.

Many Western men should stop thinking of all Filipina women as impoverished gold-diggers looking for some quick way to get permanent residency abroad with arrogant foreigners. There are fascinating stories, circumstances, cultures, and so much more behind every woman.

MrMan wrote:Percentagewise, how many Filippinas actually marry foreigners? I'd imagine it's the minority, even though the numbers are large.
The Philippines has 100 million people now. There are up to 10 million Filipinos living and working overseas. The number of marriages with foreigners can't be more than tens of thousands, so it's still a drop in the bucket.

The Philippines Census has some info on marriage, but I haven't been able to find anything on foreign spouses.

USCIS stats from the mid-2000's, when the US ecomony was at its prime, showed that on average there were 1,000 registered marriages per year between American citizens and a top mail-order bride source country such as Colombia or Ukraine. (To find this information, you have to go through Excel spreadsheets posted on the USCIS official website.) Each country would has around 50 million people. And since the US is so spread out, the demographic changes are hardly felt in any of those countries.

But the effects were strongly felt in Taiwan when Taiwanese men started marrying South Vietnamese women en masse, especially during the early 2000's. At its peak, about 14,000 Taiwanese-Vietnamese marriages were registered annually. It's a small island with 23 million people, and there are now more migrant brides than Taiwanese aborigines! Vietnam has 90 million people, but the brides all came from just several provinces in the Mekong Delta region, so those provinces add up to just under the population of Taiwan.

And the percentage and number are surely much, much smaller for Indonesians. Now Indonesia is the world's 4th most populous country, with nearly 250 million people, and I'm certain that even fewer Indonesians marry foreigners than Filipinos do. And when they do marry foreigners, the most common trend is with partners of the same ethnicity from Malaysia or some other nearby country. I've noticed that Caucasians who marry Indonesian women are usually more respectable, and would usually pair up with Christian women from Christian-majority areas such as North Sumatra or Sulawesi.
People think it cause its true. Filipinas are the biggest gold diggers on the planet I can think of compared to any other country including america or ukraine. Massive OFW work, bad poverty, high gap age range marriages common among foreigners, love of western media, english spoken, love white men, very easy transition once in america, have massive malls everywhere despite being so poor, worldwide reputation for online dating and also scams. There is no culture in the world that is bad as them in this regard.
this may not be true for indonesia but filipinas are westernized and they have the highest rate of OFW in the world. Its why once they arrive in america they are in heaven. India is 2nd but its proably for doctors and stuff like that not exactly the gold digging type.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Many Filipinos in the US are highly skilled (engineers, nurses, and the like), and have high median incomes as well as educational attainment. In fact, they do better than the Chinese in some areas. The poorer ones often go off to the Middle East or other Asian countries, but the US tends to select for brain drain.

Of course many poor Filipinos also want to go to the US, but the vast majority don't ever make it there.
Raja
Freshman Poster

Post by Raja »

Falcon wrote:

As to Indonesians don't discount the factor Islam is. Many if not most foreigners are compatible with the mostly Catholic women on a religious basis where as only fellow Muslims would be available to most Indonesian women who only follow some of the fundamentals of their faith.

As to the 10% OFWs among Filipinos. When Gov Santos was Mayor of Lipa Batangas she took time off to star in Anak. The plot in short she goes to Honk Kong to work and leaves her family behind while there her husband died but her vacationing employers had looked her in their apartment so she was unable to return home on compassionate leave. When her contract was finaly up she returned home to an eldest daughter who was a drug using slut who had already had one illegal abortion and a young son who did not remember her. And soon the profits of her overseas work was running out.

This time the daughter miscarried and peace was made with the mother as she made the decision to take another contract overseas with patriotic heroic music playing on the soundtrack. In a country where people "want to" go overseas leaving their extended family to work such a movie is not produced. It was produced to show the downside and the evils, but with the realization that it was necessary for family to eat. And to stress that their nation needed people to make that sacrifice. A theme which also shows up often on TV's Maalaala Mo Kaya