Do you get the sense that Americans don't like other people?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Last weekend I went to this big community resort with a huge swimming pool in my Aunt's neighborhood in Las Vegas. It was very luxurious. The weekend prior, I took Rock there and we enjoyed laying out by the pool and watching the people there.

The thing is, there were tons of people at the pool. They were mostly upper middle class families with moms and teenage girls. Every girl was either too young or with a boyfriend or partner. Everyone had an ice wall around them. There was no talking to strangers. It was kind of depressing and sad to see that. I can't get used to that. It's so sick.

What's sick is how you can be around so many people in a nice recreational environment, yet none of them want to talk to you. Everyone has this antisocial toxic vibe and cold wall around them that is very uninviting. It's really sick. How do people tolerate that? How do people see that as normal? It's disgusting and NOT normal at all.

Out in public, I get this feeling like everyone wants to get away from me and I want to get away from them too. It's a very negative energy field and 100 percent antisocial. It's very bad and toxic. I can't get used to it at all. I don't know how others do. How can anyone see that as normal?!

Las Vegas seems to be one of the most ANTISOCIAL places in the world, and definitely one of the most antisocial places I've ever been to. All talk here is purely BUSINESS ONLY. The locals are the most UNFRIENDLY people I've ever experienced. YUCK!!! And when you look at a girl, she never looks back at you. When you smile, she doesn't see it. All the girls have that "don't approach me" vibe and look, which you can feel.

Even the Happier Abroaders that live here, such as MarkLambo, never want to meet up or always have excuses when you ask them to meet up. He wouldn't even meet up with Rock when he was here. So antisocial and no fun at all. MarkLambo isn't the type of friend you can just call up anytime and hang out with, like the friends on Seinfeld do. In fact, he told me that all his friends schedule appointments with him weeks in advance! lol. WTF? That sounds like something my lawyer cousin in Las Vegas, who refuses to drive his mom to the airport, said too. See here: viewtopic.php?t=22421

I guess Las Vegas turns people to shit, including the guys in our movement. So you gotta wonder whether guys like MarkLambo are really one of us or not. He's not as cool or open to hanging out as the other Happier Abroaders I've met are, or as most of my friends are. Also, Vegascook, who posts here sometimes, is always too busy with his job to meet up. So even the HAers here are not that social.

It's really sick how antisocial and negative it is here in Las Vegas. The social scene is the most unfriendly and antisocial I've ever experienced. The vibe is filled with very unfriendly social energy, and everywhere you go, no one talks to you unless it's business related. Only cashiers and waitresses will greet you as they do "business" with you. Rock joked with me sarcastically about it, remarking that the waitresses were so friendly and engaging. lol And in fact, they were the only ones that talked to us.

It's really sick and disgusting to experience this everyday. It's so God damn f***ing ANTISOCIAL! I swear. All talk here is BUSINESS ONLY! Yuck! How do people put up with it? It's crazy. I wonder how MarkLambo tolerates it. The vibe here is the most UNFRIENDLY I've ever experienced. Everyone is in a bubble and has a cold ice wall around them. The vibe in Vegas sucks. It feels permeated by dark energy beings. I don't even like to go out in Vegas. It feels so icky and gross, the vibe I mean. Totally 1000 percent ANTISOCIAL too. YUCK!!!

I simply can't get used to this kind of antisocial vibe. It's really disgusting and toxic and feels poisonous. How can people be like this? Whenever I go out, the vibe feels very negative, like everyone wants to get away from me and I in turn, feel like I want to get away from them too! It's really disgusting, worse than you can imagine. The energy field here is extremely NEGATIVE!

Las Vegas is not like the whole USA though. In Arizona and New Mexico, people were far more relaxed and friendly and would smile at strangers more. The vibe there was cliquish too, but not as toxic or antisocial as Las Vegas.

The thing is, after experiencing a friendly positive dynamic social vibe in Russia and Europe, and in the Philippines too, I just can't get used to the negative antisocial vibe in America anymore. I can't re-adjust to it or get used to it. It's like once you experience real SOCIAL FREEDOM, you can never be happy going back to a prison again, like you have here in the US, and especially in Las Vegas.

I've heard from people before that they knew of people who went to Europe and coming back to the US, were never truly happy again. Their hearts never returned to the US and never left Europe. I can understand why now.

I can't see how you can ever get used to that stupid antisocial ice wall in America again after you've lived abroad in countries that are not like that. Once you've been free abroad, you can never be truly happy in the US again, even if you pretend to be or act like you are.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Las Vegas is not like the whole USA though. In Arizona and New Mexico, people were far more relaxed and friendly and would smile at strangers more. The vibe there was cliquish too, but not as toxic or antisocial as Las Vegas.
Arizona is one of my favorite states, New Mexico i don't like much except for Santa Fe. I also like Oregon, Kansas, and Florida.

You need to get out of Vegas, it's probably one of the worst parts of the US.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

ladislav wrote:Why is it in the Philippines, when you mention Amerikanos, an endearining, awe-filled smile appears on people's faces.

Americans are so friendly! They're warm. We love Americans. We love them very much.

Surely after so much contact with Americans, these Filipinos would think otherwise. Particularly Filipinos who come from a very warm and communal culture.

In Saudi Arabia, even the King was talking about the "friendly American people".

WTF is going on?
The myth of American friendliness is a product of Hollywood depictions which we all know are bogus. The Philippines have some historical reasons for being pro-American also, but it perception only.

I believe that Americans are some of the most duplicitous, resentful, and fake people on the face of the earth. Americans hate to see people doing better than themselves. I find that Americans project their dislike of themselves onto others in the form of racism, classism, and political strife. I avoid Americans like the plague here in ***** and I find that the locals who have spent time in the US come back here ruined.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote: I avoid Americans like the plague here in ***** and I find that the locals who have spent time in the US come back here ruined.
You're in Kenya, I knew it! So how are the brothers?...
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

eurobrat wrote:
Contrarian Expatriate wrote: I avoid Americans like the plague here in ***** and I find that the locals who have spent time in the US come back here ruined.
...or he could be in Niger.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
eurobrat wrote:
Maybe he's in Congo...
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Winston wrote:
Even the Happier Abroaders that live here, ... never want to meet up or always have excuses when you ask them to meet up. .... In fact, he told me that all his friends schedule appointments with him weeks in advance! lol.
Yeah that reminds me of another HA'er in Vegas who wouldn't make time for a meetup in Tijuana even though it was scheduled weeks in advance :roll:

:wink:
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Americans do not like each other sometimes, it has something to do with its mixed population, which is causing mistrust among locals, just my opinion.

USA is a wide area and you can find there any kind of people you can imagine, and for sure you cannot be friend with everybody.

Europe cannot be compared, in EU ethnic groups have their own country, in USA this is not the case. The situation is better among the locals in Europe, tourists and visitors of other nations are welcome, but in case of huge immigration of people of a different culture the same hostile behavior is coming up among Europeans like in USA.

I am always surprised - USA despite its population is made up mostly of immigrants, that even those immigrants of different culture like white immigrants, Asian immigrants and African immigrants cannot get over all their racist bullshit - they mistrust each other.

My own experience and of my Japanese family in USA are always 50/50. Some people I know already as my friends, many of them Asian Americans, some others are German speaking white immigrants from Europe - a big welcome - no problems at all.

Some American people I met the first time were very helpful, open-minded and talkative to me despite they have never been outside of their own federal state, others were treating me like a piece of shit - some were white people, some were Asian Americans...so its more about mistrust, an unknown outsider arrived, I do not think it is really about the race.

I can only speak about Asian Americans and white people along the West Coast, I never had any close contact with US-black people.

Most non-Americans agree with me, US external politics made a lot of enemies abroad, but the individual US-citizen is often a very nice person.

I rarely had any bad experience with US-citizens living in Japan, some are technicians, some are in international schools, never any dispute among us...

I think, in USA you have to look around, settle down in a place where you find people welcome you - and about the others... they don't like you and best you forget about them...

USA for sure has its social problems and plenty of crazy people, but other countries are not always necessarily better than USA.

Its 50/50, if you are the right person at the right place at the right time, USA might be good for you, you need a little bit good luck for that too. - And if you are unlucky, you might end up homeless as 'white trash' or something like that...

About myself, when visiting USA, I have always my return ticket confirmed. It's ok for me to visit USA and I will come again for sure, but so far what I have seen it is not a place for me suitable for long-stay. Not really my way of life.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
ladislav wrote:Why is it in the Philippines, when you mention Amerikanos, an endearining, awe-filled smile appears on people's faces.

Americans are so friendly! They're warm. We love Americans. We love them very much.

Surely after so much contact with Americans, these Filipinos would think otherwise. Particularly Filipinos who come from a very warm and communal culture.

In Saudi Arabia, even the King was talking about the "friendly American people".

WTF is going on?
The myth of American friendliness is a product of Hollywood depictions which we all know are bogus. The Philippines have some historical reasons for being pro-American also, but it perception only.

I believe that Americans are some of the most duplicitous, resentful, and fake people on the face of the earth. Americans hate to see people doing better than themselves. I find that Americans project their dislike of themselves onto others in the form of racism, classism, and political strife. I avoid Americans like the plague here in ***** and I find that the locals who have spent time in the US come back here ruined.
I know a bit about the Philippines with my time here. Sometimes the adoration that Filipinos pour on Americans is embarrassing- its over the top...and about a place that no longer exists in the way they think. Generally, I avoid Americans AND most Western European men I see.
But Filipinos also know and see men like the Montana rancher who started the IDEA Philippines
schools for the deaf in Bohol and Leyte. They do extraordinary work there that has changed thousands of lives for the better. This last year, when Tacloban was destroyed by the super-typhoon, IDEA Philippines sprang into action, converting a school to a shelter and building thousands of prefab cottages for the newly homeless. Though they are likely protestant, the have been recognized by the government and the Catholic church in the Philippines for their extraordinary work.

Unfortunately, maybe such men are the exceptions that prove the rule, but such things loom large in people's minds.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

America is 1 thru 12 of the founding documents and the Bill of Rights, the republic form of government went bankrupt over 80 years ago. Winston it would help when referring to America if you called it the United states of England.
Time to Hide!
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Yohan wrote: Europe cannot be compared, in EU ethnic groups have their own country, in USA this is not the case. The situation is better among the locals in Europe, tourists and visitors of other nations are welcome, but in case of huge immigration of people of a different culture the same hostile behavior is coming up among Europeans like in USA.
This is not true and I hear this all the time as a generalization coming from others who have never been to Europe. The emigration problem here is just as bad as the US with the Latinos. People here are mixing and mingling everywhere here. Maybe not a place like Iceland but generally it's pretty multicultural, racism still exists but we have that in the USA to.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

eurobrat wrote:
eurobrat wrote:
Maybe he's in Congo...
My time in Africa ended several months ago Gents. I am in my shangri la country recovering from Africa. And the country does not match the number of asterisks, that was just a random number of taps on the key.

But if anyone cares, I give Africa the big thumbs down unless you are into smelly, diseased, desperate, 2s and 3s. Some people are into Africa, usually older western men who can pull 19 y/o's with little problem. That place sucked, period, but I made some coin for my future indeed.

:lol:
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
eurobrat wrote:
eurobrat wrote:
Maybe he's in Congo...
My time in Africa ended several months ago Gents. I am in my shangri la country recovering from Africa. And the country does not match the number of asterisks, that was just a random number of taps on the key.

But if anyone cares, I give Africa the big thumbs down unless you are into smelly, diseased, desperate, 2s and 3s. Some people are into Africa, usually older western men who can pull 19 y/o's with little problem. That place sucked, period, but I made some coin for my future indeed.

:lol:
Sounds similar to my time and experience in Italy.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:The myth of American friendliness is a product of Hollywood depictions which we all know are bogus.

I believe that Americans are some of the most duplicitous, resentful, and fake people on the face of the earth.
Exactly, the idea that Americans are "friendly" is a myth perpetrated by Hollywood. Anyone who has traveled knows that Americas are actually some of the most UNFRINEDLY people on the face of the earth.

Most Americans don't even know who their neighbors are and they certainly don't go out of their way to be friendly to strangers.

Another myth that I hate is that American women are easy to meet and easy to get into bed. This is 100% false. American women are the most unfriendly, anti social and paranoid women on the face of the earth! :shock:
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

jamesbond wrote:
Contrarian Expatriate wrote:The myth of American friendliness is a product of Hollywood depictions which we all know are bogus.

I believe that Americans are some of the most duplicitous, resentful, and fake people on the face of the earth.
Exactly, the idea that Americans are "friendly" is a myth perpetrated by Hollywood. Anyone who has traveled knows that Americas are actually some of the most UNFRINEDLY people on the face of the earth.

Most Americans don't even know who their neighbors are and they certainly don't go out of their way to be friendly to strangers.

Another myth that I hate is that American women are easy to meet and easy to get into bed. This is 100% false. American women are the most unfriendly, anti social and paranoid women on the face of the earth! :shock:
Are korean and japanese women better? doubt it. They always have this bitch smug look to them in philippines and california. but i know someone married to a japanese girl in california FOB and he seems happy with her but she is quite shy and modest from how he describes her. im not really into the whole modest shy types.