If I told my younger self this is where I'd be...

Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:
OutWest wrote:
OutWest wrote:
PandaMan wrote:Thank you so much for the support.

Thank you Jester.

Yes... better women --- but some hurdles. Mostly with finances and passport/long term stays. That said, in many countries cost of living is lower.

I currently only pay $350 in rent here in the US for ALL of my needs. I live like I might in a foreign country.

But the women? Forget it. Oh my god. Honestly, they don't even care if you have money. You have to be a HUGE d-bag to get their attention and wear your pants around your waist.

Anyway...

It can happen. I just have to REMIND myself THIS IS NOT HOW LIFE HAS TO BE. I DO NOT HAVE TO ACCEPT THIS.

First, get a passport if you do not already have one. I was about 30 when I first fled the country, and more than 20 years and 63 countries later, I can assure you, it was a good idea. You will wonder why you did not do it later. You are not going overseas to save money- though in some places, the cost of living is less, which can help make up for some inconveniences.
You will soon realize, there actually are normal women in the world and that YOU can most likely have your pick of them. The biggest problem you will have is a sorting problem.

>>>Make a commitment to yourself- you WILL do this. PM me if you wish...

You do not need to continue in unhappiness.

Outwest
Misamis Oriental, Mindanao
20 years adn 63 countries. Sounds like you had quite a few vacation girlfriends yet shun other guys for doing so.
I did not travel to be a sex tourist and have a strong distaste for playing with women.
It always seems to end badly. I had long term relationships that I just kind of assumed would culminate in marriage, but they did not until later. I do not trust most women- a good one is hard to find, so when I found one I thought was good for the duration, I wanted to keep her. In addition,
I do not want my life to be about girl drama, so I far prefer stable long time relationships....

What you do is your choice, and if you want to shun men who are into permanent relationships, go for it. For my part, I have observed that men who have stable relationships tend to be better to do business with, but that is just my sampling...
so your saying most women cheated and dumped you? Thats some bad luck.

You have heard the term "the unintended portion of choice."? I tended to like girls who were hot steamy vixens with a domestic side...well in a few instances, my choices were poor, though they were totally beautiful girls. I did have a Russian GF who was excellent- but through somewhat tragic circumstances, life took us apart. We both regret it to this day. Both marriages have been to Filipinas- my first was not horrible, but over years, she had some issues that became irreconcilable, though we both continue to collaborate with our 2 Children. I now happily have an excellent filipina...and hopefully
we will keep each other to the end. I really think my current wife spends time daily thinking of ways to make me happy....or it just comes through instinct...either way...it works for me.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

OutWest wrote:
OutWest wrote:
OutWest wrote:
First, get a passport if you do not already have one. I was about 30 when I first fled the country, and more than 20 years and 63 countries later, I can assure you, it was a good idea. You will wonder why you did not do it later. You are not going overseas to save money- though in some places, the cost of living is less, which can help make up for some inconveniences.
You will soon realize, there actually are normal women in the world and that YOU can most likely have your pick of them. The biggest problem you will have is a sorting problem.

>>>Make a commitment to yourself- you WILL do this. PM me if you wish...

You do not need to continue in unhappiness.

Outwest
Misamis Oriental, Mindanao
20 years adn 63 countries. Sounds like you had quite a few vacation girlfriends yet shun other guys for doing so.
I did not travel to be a sex tourist and have a strong distaste for playing with women.
It always seems to end badly. I had long term relationships that I just kind of assumed would culminate in marriage, but they did not until later. I do not trust most women- a good one is hard to find, so when I found one I thought was good for the duration, I wanted to keep her. In addition,
I do not want my life to be about girl drama, so I far prefer stable long time relationships....

What you do is your choice, and if you want to shun men who are into permanent relationships, go for it. For my part, I have observed that men who have stable relationships tend to be better to do business with, but that is just my sampling...
so your saying most women cheated and dumped you? Thats some bad luck.

You have heard the term "the unintended portion of choice."? I tended to like girls who were hot steamy vixens with a domestic side...well in a few instances, my choices were poor, though they were totally beautiful girls. I did have a Russian GF who was excellent- but through somewhat tragic circumstances, life took us apart. We both regret it to this day. Both marriages have been to Filipinas- my first was not horrible, but over years, she had some issues that became irreconcilable, though we both continue to collaborate with our 2 Children. I now happily have an excellent filipina...and hopefully
we will keep each other to the end. I really think my current wife spends time daily thinking of ways to make me happy....or it just comes through instinct...either way...it works for me.
hmmm sounds like its not a cakewalk. Maybe i should stay home for good now so no tempation LOL Thats why a lot of guys are hesitant to pull the trigger even on a foreign wife. Do you agree with taco's assesment to avoid the hot women? or have you found the average just as bad? A forum user told me in private he even went with the older dumpy girls hoping for love but in teh end he was used and they weren't in it for "love". Were there any red flags you can easily notice now in your first wife that would have predicted a bad outcome?
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

hmmm sounds like its not a cakewalk. Maybe i should stay home for good now so no tempation LOL Thats why a lot of guys are hesitant to pull the trigger even on a foreign wife. Do you agree with taco's assesment to avoid the hot women? or have you found the average just as bad? A forum user told me in private he even went with the older dumpy girls hoping for love but in teh end he was used and they weren't in it for "love". Were there any red flags you can easily notice now in your first wife that would have predicted a bad outcome?

For all that, I do not regret. I have two wonderful kids that are totally worth it. Interestingly, even my ex's mother and sister said she changed totally. The biggest mistake I made was bringing her back to the USA, but what is done is done. It's still worth the risk...and really, I can't say I did worse with hot girlfriends...nothing WORSE than a high maintenance PLAIN girl who has an attitude never-the-less.

I wold say this- if you find a really good one, be very careful about disconnecting her from the family network that made her what she is.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

OutWest wrote:hmmm sounds like its not a cakewalk. Maybe i should stay home for good now so no tempation LOL Thats why a lot of guys are hesitant to pull the trigger even on a foreign wife. Do you agree with taco's assesment to avoid the hot women? or have you found the average just as bad? A forum user told me in private he even went with the older dumpy girls hoping for love but in teh end he was used and they weren't in it for "love". Were there any red flags you can easily notice now in your first wife that would have predicted a bad outcome?

For all that, I do not regret. I have two wonderful kids that are totally worth it. Interestingly, even my ex's mother and sister said she changed totally. The biggest mistake I made was bringing her back to the USA, but what is done is done. It's still worth the risk...and really, I can't say I did worse with hot girlfriends...nothing WORSE than a high maintenance PLAIN girl who has an attitude never-the-less.

I wold say this- if you find a really good one, be very careful about disconnecting her from the family network that made her what she is.
ive never been interested in bringing one to the u.s. thats why im trying to retire early so i can relocate THERE or at least live overseas in some country on a part time basis. I think im quitting my traveling for now so i can pack away my money and focus on my work. I can't really enjoy my time when im always stressed about how much money im making and have to spend all day working everyday 7 days a week. I work that hard cause i want to make a lot while the getting is good cause my income wont be this great forever.

seems guys are in such a hurry that they are willing to bring the girl back but i think its better just to spend part of your time overseas single and traveling or to relocate completely with a wife. I may never settle down and just do traveling from location to location on the medium term (like rock seems to be doing).

yeah thats one reason why im not really intersted in the average or slightly above average women. my thinking is if i have to open up my wallet and deal with drama or cheating or pregnancy it might as well be a girl im super attracted to. I just can't get over the looks part but even if i did if the relationship doesn't last for whatever reason or you get sick of her you will be wondering why the heck you did all that for a average or borderline average woman. As selfish as it sounds my gf just wasn't up to snuff on the looks department. maybe if she was a little hotter or had better attitude id be more forgiving. i need to take a break from traveling anyways i need to focus.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

OutWest wrote:hmmm sounds like its not a cakewalk. Maybe i should stay home for good now so no tempation LOL Thats why a lot of guys are hesitant to pull the trigger even on a foreign wife. Do you agree with taco's assesment to avoid the hot women? or have you found the average just as bad? A forum user told me in private he even went with the older dumpy girls hoping for love but in teh end he was used and they weren't in it for "love". Were there any red flags you can easily notice now in your first wife that would have predicted a bad outcome?

ive never been interested in bringing one to the u.s. thats why im trying to retire early so i can relocate THERE or at least live overseas in some country on a part time basis. I think im quitting my traveling for now so i can pack away my money and focus on my work. I can't really enjoy my time when im always stressed about how much money im making and have to spend all day working everyday 7 days a week. I work that hard cause i want to make a lot while the getting is good cause my income wont be this great forever.

seems guys are in such a hurry that they are willing to bring the girl back but i think its better just to spend part of your time overseas single and traveling or to relocate completely with a wife. I may never settle down and just do traveling from location to location on the medium term (like rock seems to be doing).

yeah thats one reason why im not really intersted in the average or slightly above average women. my thinking is if i have to open up my wallet and deal with drama or cheating or pregnancy it might as well be a girl im super attracted to. I just can't get over the looks part but even if i did if the relationship doesn't last for whatever reason or you get sick of her you will be wondering why the heck you did all that for a average or borderline average woman. As selfish as it sounds my gf just wasn't up to snuff on the looks department. maybe if she was a little hotter or had better attitude id be more forgiving. i need to take a break from traveling anyways i need to focus.
A man has got to know his limitations...focusing on business is a good move....
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

OutWest wrote:

A man has got to know his limitations...focusing on business is a good move....
I can't seem to control myself and decisions with women. At least if i focus on working for a little while I can retire faster and also feel more comfortable im that much closer. Ideally i want to get close to retirement than I am right now so i can enjoy myself when i start traveling again and also start giving my money away. Im always worried about my long term future so its hard to enjoy ymself and also give money away. Then there is the whole motto about the future is never a guarantee etc so its a balancing act.
steve55
Junior Poster

Post by steve55 »

Damned if that ain't 100% spot on. Most American men are permanently changed once they date abroad. Women are so much nicer and friendlier and definitely hotter (very few fatties) and more feminine and humble, and they respect and admire men, it will blow your mind! Ill never forget my first trip outside the matrix , it was in the Philippines and man, I had no idea that women could be so kind , appreciative , and nice , with absolutely no ego whatsoever. What a concept, women without pride or ego, and whom will two totally accept you for you , no BS clown gaming required.

My friend, life will change once you see how life can be like with these beautiful ladies abroad. It's a complete mindf**k! It will lift your heart and spirit to know that you can always find happiness just a plane ride away. Foreign women changed my life 100%! It's great to know that I can always find women so kind and sweet and authentic and who will all be dying to have me anytime I want to scoo daddle on over. [/quote]
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

I can't seem to control myself and decisions with women. At least if i focus on working for a little while I can retire faster and also feel more comfortable im that much closer. Ideally i want to get close to retirement than I am right now so i can enjoy myself when i start traveling again and also start giving my money away. Im always worried about my long term future so its hard to enjoy ymself and also give money away. Then there is the whole motto about the future is never a guarantee etc so its a balancing act.
My personal opinion is just let loose a little. I'm an advocate of not wasting your youth. If you are worried about your financial future now, 10 years will probably not change you. Not to mention that the world is changing and places like Philippines might not be as good 10 years from now both financially or for finding a girl. I know I tend to look to the future as well but in all honestly the future may not be as bright as you/I may hope. You think at 32 your confidence is low with the ladies, then I bet its not gonna be any higher at 42 or 52. Over the past 6 months all I've really done is work and hang out with a few friends here or there. It has literally been the most depressing 6 months of my life (other reasons play a part as well) but it's getting better. I'm starting to volunteer, get more involved with my community. I'm challenging myself physically and trying to enter fitness competitions.

You mentioned before you make 10K-15K a month in the Philippines but it is very unsecured and might not last. That's a large sum of money a year, especially for a single guy, and will probably be more in the USA. By the way you speak you try to save a lot. Have you looked into investing? Rental properties? Mutual Funds? Places where you can generate somewhat passive income with decent returns.

I say just keep traveling man but try other places, and try and spend your time doing other things than just chasing putang. Concentrating solely on women and/or work is a horrible way to waste your younger years. Find a hobby, volunteer, join a club, get into great shape, read, climb a mountain, whatever floats your boat. Who knows perhaps opening yourself up to various options could allow you to meet that 10 rating, non-scamming, light-skinned sex freak of your dreams :D
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Your fantasy from 15 years ago was part of Blue Pill thinking. You need to think RED PILL and you are not yet there.

Depression from blue pill stagnation is quite common, and most of us have been there. You need to see American culture and American women for what they are and not what you wish them to be. After you do this, you will be able to reject both of them in favor of cultures and women more in line with what you expect out of life.

You have two choices, stay blue pill and die depressed, lonely and unfulfilled; or accept the RED PILL and enjoy the rest of your life.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: If I told my younger self this is where I'd be...

Post by Yohan »

PandaMan wrote: Online dating is an absolute joke. I get no real positive feedback, nothing gets going. The trash on there is just depressing.
Online dating among locals in USA or Western Europe does not make any sense. Over 80 percent of all profiles are considered to be fake or otherwise holding significantly wrong information.

Online dating makes only sense over the borders, to places far away from Northern America and Western Europe.

You can really meet with online dating people you cannot meet otherwise.

And later on, if there is a nice online contact, get on an airplane and check it out - maybe it's a nice meeting with some hope to live together in future - and if not, you still had a nice vacation outside of USA and Western Europe.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: If I told my younger self this is where I'd be...

Post by Yohan »

PandaMan wrote:I'm 33.
I'd never believe finding a girl would be this hard.
I'm a decent looking, 5'11 1/2, white guy. Very healthy. Educated. Make tons of money online and from home.
Got all I need.

But one thing: love.
Well, just my opinion:

The best is to look after yourself.

1 - Continue to earn money and save it up.

2 - If you think, it's enough move out to overseas and create a 'second home' in a cheap country.

3 - After your life is arranged overseas, believe me, no need to look for girls, they will show up by themselves.

4 - Keep in mind, USA is not a good place for dating - forget about it - the typical 'American girl next door' turns too often out to be nothing but trash...

5 - International/interracial marriage makes sense.