To Yohan: hateful comments on Asians moving towards West

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

To Yohan: hateful comments on Asians moving towards West

Post by zboy1 »

Yohan, you say that Asians don't suffer any racism or resentment moving to Western countries by Westerners? Well...read some of the comments on this articular Wall Street Journal Article:

The Great Chinese Exodus
Many Chinese are leaving for cleaner air, better schools and more opportunity. But Beijing is keeping its eye on them.

http://online.wsj.com/articles/the-grea ... 9208889474

Here are some of the comments:
--The US needs to put a moratorium on immigration for a period of at least 10 years. We do not know who is coming into our country!!!

---The Gooks need to stay in their own countries.

Here's an Australian article about Chinese investment and immigration into a economically-depressed part of Australia:

Chinese investors funding major economic boom on the Central Coast

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslo ... 8bcaa082af

--Why are we selling the central coast to China? Not a good idea!

--Wow the new Central Coast of China !
Wonder how long before the mass migration of Chinese to the central coast starts !

And Another article:

Asians are the fastest growing ethnic group in the US
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/asians-fa ... 35126.html
-- You do know that Asians really don't care much for white people!

-- Jason hit that nail right on the head. White people actually worry about affording children and providing a proper place for them to grow up, and good school districts, not to mention paying their own bills and affording a home, car, etc. Blacks and Latinos have babies for paychecks. Most could care less if they live in a ghetto with little to no education. Why bother when your check will be here on the 1st or the 15th? You cut that 'more babies more money' welfare philosophy and you will see an immediate decline in their population.

-- In 1965 the floodgates were opened to the 3rd world by radicals from NYC in the Hart Cellar Amendment. This needs to be repealed!

-- So much for America's Anglo-Saxon heritage. The Founding Fathers would be horrified to see what this country has become and what it is destined to look like in the near future.

Seems like a lot of Westerners don't like Asian immigration into their countries.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

The links you give are not about discrimination of Asian Americans in general, but about Chinese leaving mainland China in huge numbers with the idea to settle down in USA and Australia or elsewhere.

The Chinese government is hording a huge amount of foreign currency but unwilling to give it to its citizens, the general living standard in China is rather poor, especially in rural areas.

One of these articles mentions 100 million Chinese travellers and many of them interested to become immigrants to another country, starting as tourists, changing their status to student and finally refuse to go back home, claiming citizenship. Well, I cannot blame them for doing this.

Not even one of your articles mentions anything else but Chinese immigrants only and asking for understandings about their situation, but who is willing to understand the resistance of local people in USA to accept them?

I think Western governments have to overthink their immigration policy about China. It is not acceptable for many US-citizens, Australien citizens etc. to welcome Chinese immigrants in huge numbers, but nothing to receive from the Chinese government in return.

The mistrust of the local US-population against Chinese immigrants is understandable to me.

US-citizens and other Westerners cannot leave USA in large numbers, moving into China and starting their own business, buying land and houses, claiming Chinese citizenship etc. etc.

There must be something done about it and China must be forced to respect some forms of reciprocity. Immigration cannot be a one-way-route.

You are also writing about hateful comments of individuals in USA against Chinese. This works both ways as primitive people are primitive, regardless their race.

I just want to tell you, when my daughter 50/50 European/Japanese married a Japanese/US/Canadian man and we posted some pictures on our internet-home-pages, I got a lot of racist hate-mail into my mailbox, all of them obviously written by Chinese-Americans in the SF-area.

Something about a white father, splitting his condom with a butt-ugly Japanese whore, creating half-breeds, my daughter should be raped, I deserve a beer-bottle over my head, I am only good when I am dead etc. etc. - and we all are not even Chinese, and have nothing to do with China.

For sure, hateful comments are going both ways, not only from the white people against the 'poor' Chinese.
nicho12
Freshman Poster

Post by nicho12 »

Yohan wrote:The links you give are not about discrimination of Asian Americans in general, but about Chinese leaving mainland China in huge numbers with the idea to settle down in USA and Australia or elsewhere.

The Chinese government is hording a huge amount of foreign currency but unwilling to give it to its citizens, the general living standard in China is rather poor, especially in rural areas.

One of these articles mentions 100 million Chinese travellers and many of them interested to become immigrants to another country, starting as tourists, changing their status to student and finally refuse to go back home, claiming citizenship. Well, I cannot blame them for doing this.

Not even one of your articles mentions anything else but Chinese immigrants only and asking for understandings about their situation, but who is willing to understand the resistance of local people in USA to accept them?

I think Western governments have to overthink their immigration policy about China. It is not acceptable for many US-citizens, Australien citizens etc. to welcome Chinese immigrants in huge numbers, but nothing to receive from the Chinese government in return.

The mistrust of the local US-population against Chinese immigrants is understandable to me.

US-citizens and other Westerners cannot leave USA in large numbers, moving into China and starting their own business, buying land and houses, claiming Chinese citizenship etc. etc.

There must be something done about it and China must be forced to respect some forms of reciprocity. Immigration cannot be a one-way-route.

You are also writing about hateful comments of individuals in USA against Chinese. This works both ways as primitive people are primitive, regardless their race.

I just want to tell you, when my daughter 50/50 European/Japanese married a Japanese/US/Canadian man and we posted some pictures on our internet-home-pages, I got a lot of racist hate-mail into my mailbox, all of them obviously written by Chinese-Americans in the SF-area.

Something about a white father, splitting his condom with a butt-ugly Japanese whore, creating half-breeds, my daughter should be raped, I deserve a beer-bottle over my head, I am only good when I am dead etc. etc. - and we all are not even Chinese, and have nothing to do with China.

For sure, hateful comments are going both ways, not only from the white people against the 'poor' Chinese.
Who gives a rat's ass about America anyway except the Chinese and Mexicans, let them come here and muster-bate because they can't get American women
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: To Yohan: hateful comments on Asians moving towards West

Post by Yohan »

zboy1 wrote:Yohan, you say that Asians don't suffer any racism or resentment moving to Western countries by Westerners?
I never said that racism does not exist in USA, but I said this issue is widely exaggerated and people of any race living in USA are obviously unwilling and unable to find any meaningful compromise, they do not even try at all to solve their issues.

Almost all complaints however in USA from 'Asian Americans' are from mainland (Communist) Chinese immigrants. They never complain about their own native country, but only about Western nations. They never complain about Chinese politics, but only about Western politics, they never complain about discrimination among the Chinese themselves in their own country, but only about discrimination from local people abroad when they settle down in large numbers in a foreign country.

Complaints from Chinese, often financially good off in both countries, USA and China, are rather strange - they visit expensive colleges and complain about not being able to get enough dating. Is this the only problem they have in USA?

I know that Chinese American men outnumber Chinese American women in USA - and elsewhere it is the same, there are always more Chinese men than Chinese women and even in mainland China millions of females are missing due to cultural issues and failed family politics about controlling the growing population. - But how is this the fault of the 'white man'?

I am an immigrant myself from Central Europe - and yes, there are also white immigrants - but I would never accuse the Japanese government of discrimination for failing to provide me enough dates with Japanese girls... that's ridiculous.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Congrats on your daughter marrying a Japanese man; I'm glad to read about it. In fact, can send me a private pm with a link, I would like to see some pictures (of course, I would not share the link with anyone else, and everything would be confidential).

But...how do you know the hateful comments are coming from "Chinese Americans in San Francisco?" Isn't that a ridiculous comment? I mean...do you have an IP check or something? Most Asian American men are overjoyed at seeing Asian male, White women interracial couples.

The ones who have a problem with that are usually White and Black men...not Asian men! Now, if it was a picture of a White man and an Asian women--then, yes...the hateful comments would be coming from Asian men.

I also posted a list about how Asian Americans are the fastest growing minority in America. Asian Americans does not only mean "Chinese Americans." In the USA, that means Koreans, Indians, Pakistanis, Thai's, Filipinos, etc.

The hatred isn't just against Chinese Americans in the United States: I'm Korean American--and I have suffered a lot of racism in the States--including the time I dated a White girl in High School; one my friend is Indian American, and he has also suffered a lot, mentally; one of my Iranian friend got racially-attacked after 9/11. My Thai friend got confronted by racist Black men during the LA riots; and a Korean friend get racially abused after the Cho Seung Hui Virginia Tech massacre--and got his car tires slashed by a group of White youths. So...you see, the U.S. is a racial mess. ...
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... black.html

Interesting to read, a Chinese man is refusing a black man a job, because his customers are white (in Australia).

Totally ridiculous story, but racial issues are really mainly a problem of some few countries, usually UK-related because of former colony past.

Chinese are often complaining about discrimination in USA, but they also are well known to cheat and discriminate against others who are not Chinese. It really works in all directions.