What happens to the low value men in SE Asia?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Dragon
Junior Poster

What happens to the low value men in SE Asia?

Post by Dragon »

Hey all,

I had an interesting thought today that I hope some of you might be able to answer. As you know, there's a shit ton of prostitutes in SE Asia and women looking for a foreign husbands. The amount of prostitutes is mind boggling there if you ever stepped foot in places like Thailand. I was thinking about what happens to the male socioeconomic peers of these women. When some women leave their villages for the big city in order to join the oldest profession in the world, or opt out of the local dating market hoping to get a foreign husband, are the men in the villages and elsewhere shit out of luck? The gender ratios are pretty much even in SE Asia from research, so it's not necessarily a problem of excess women who have no choice but to go hooking. Is it an problem that's not discussed but similar to China in that there's a lot of excess poor men who can't get wives because they are too low on the totem pole? I would like it if there who have traveled to SE Asia could provide insight into this.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Some of these girls have local boy friend or even local husband. Its not uncommon for a thai bar girl get money from a farang and give it to her husband.
Other local guys just lose out I guess.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

It doesn't seem to be a problem in Cebu. There's a surplus of women so even unemployed Filipino guys still have girlfriends.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

There is a surplus of girls in the Philippines. For some reason, third world countries have a high birth rate of females. So even the poor guys can get women. They just get poor women.

But these guys are screwed economically. They can't get money from western women, and cannot move up the economic ladder because there is no opportunity in their economic market. Their salaries are low and they have no opportunity to do anything about it.

This is why in the Philippines, you see so many guys trying to aggressively sell you something and being very pushy about it.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on April 30th, 2020, 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dragon
Junior Poster

Post by Dragon »

Ghost wrote:Ever wonder why there are so many ladyboys in Asia?
That's a good point. I was thinking about things like this. Perhaps there's such sociological mechanisms that filter the low totem pole men so they don't need to go for low totem pole women. I remember Mr.S mentioned mentioned something like "2/3 of filipino men are lazy/trannies/useless"
green1976
Freshman Poster

Post by green1976 »

Dragon wrote:
That's a good point. I was thinking about things like this. Perhaps there's such sociological mechanisms that filter the low totem pole men so they don't need to go for low totem pole women. I remember Mr.S mentioned mentioned something like "2/3 of filipino men are lazy/trannies/useless"
The missing women are in some way compensated by ladyboys and gays.
Now in Thailand,they are more and more tomboys so it goes agains that.

Thai men have a more relaxed view of women,they are not so territorial.
They have a laid back attitude and many of them are even bisexual.

If they can have a financial gain from their sisters going with Farangs,they are happy with it.

I think the coming of farangs male taking Thai women can pose a problem when the numbers will get really high.

At the moment,even if many foreigners goes to Thailand for their women,it doesn't look to get to a point where Thai men would openly display some disruptive behavior.

It's possible it could happen in the future i imagine.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

are there that many farangs in thailand now? I imagine in the future there maybe more but it gets to the point where there maybe a lack of women.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on April 30th, 2020, 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

Dragon wrote:
Was thinking the exact same thing. The amount of gays and transgenders is enormous. I find myself asking "what in the hell are they thinking?" I mean I have to imagine majority of them end up all alone in life.

But then my mind switches back to one of the gays I know there and how he told me he hooks up with foreigners all the time. Another girl told me her "straight" friends would get curious as well with the ladyboys and try them out.

I guess there is something for everyone in the Philippines
:shock:
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Some expats say that boys become ladyboys because they can make more money in that kind of lifestyle. Otherwise, they would be at a dead end with no way to make money. Apparently, it's more profitable to be a ladyboy. They get more money, gifts, and attention.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
green1976
Freshman Poster

Post by green1976 »

Winston wrote:
Some expats say that boys become ladyboys because they can make more money in that kind of lifestyle. Otherwise, they would be at a dead end with no way to make money. Apparently, it's more profitable to be a ladyboy. They get more money, gifts, and attention.
The same thing can be said of women who prefer to be bargirls than working in a factory.

Also in Isaan more and more parents prefer to have daughters so if it's a boy,they can help them to become ladyboys and any ladyboy attitude is not considered a problem.

Traditionnaly daughters take care better than sons of their parents..another reason for that.
Raja
Freshman Poster

Post by Raja »

Young men die of violence at much higher rates than women. Except for gender elective abortions and euthanizing infant girls the numbers balance out in the end.
Array9
Freshman Poster

Post by Array9 »

Taco wrote:It doesn't seem to be a problem in Cebu. There's a surplus of women so even unemployed Filipino guys still have girlfriends.
+1

I know locals in the Philippines who don't want to work and would rather live off of their parents. These guys are lazy as sheet but still find women to lay down with.

As Taco mentioned, there are tons of single women there so lower income guys always have options.
Men chase, women choose

As long as you have gold in your hand, you will ALWAYS have bread on your table.