Link found between tattoos and deviant behavior

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Winston
Site Admin

Link found between tattoos and deviant behavior

Post by Winston »

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Will N. Dowd
Junior Poster

Post by Will N. Dowd »

I think that pro sports leagues where you see a lot of athletes skin should have a ban on tattoos. Funny how they make the athletes that are not playing wear suits and ties, but those that are look like gang members in sports uniforms. The NBA is notorious for players arms and chests covered in tattoos, but the NFL and CFL are pretty bad too, even though you only see bare arms during warm months. Not sure about soccer, rugby, or other more international sports. It sets a bad example for kids when their idols are covered in ugly body art. It would probably eliminate most current players, but would be a good start to cleaning up western society. If kids knew they can't play with tattoos it would make them think hard about getting them.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

And that's why the Bible says:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You are not to make gashes on your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves; I am Yahweh.
Leviticus 19:28
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

fschmidt wrote:And that's why the Bible says:

You are not to make gashes on your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves; I am Yahweh.
Leviticus 19:28
But some people say that that verse refers to pagan rituals only. Is that true? Did you look at the context of that verse?

Also, there are a lot of crazy laws in Leviticus that no one follows today. Couldn't that be used as justification for dismissing the verse against tattoos?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Winston wrote:
fschmidt wrote:Leviticus 19:28
But some people say that that verse refers to pagan rituals only. Is that true? Did you look at the context of that verse?

Also, there are a lot of crazy laws in Leviticus that no one follows today. Couldn't that be used as justification for dismissing the verse against tattoos?
That verse is refering to pagan rituals, but the logic is the same, namely that the pagans around Israel at that time were immoral so Israelites were not supposed to copy pagan rituals. All of the Torah laws made sense at the time they were written. What one should do is to understand why these laws were made at that time and then apply the reasoning to our time. If the reasoning for the law still applies, as it does with tattoos, then the law still makes sense.