Has anyone been to Bosnia?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Has anyone been to Bosnia?

Post by Tsar »

Has anyone been to Bosnia? Any experience with the women?

http://www.beautiful-women-pedia.com/bosnian-women.html

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Bosnia, Albania and Kosovo are Muslim.

Think Muslim Italy. Or Turkey. Interested?

Plus anywhere in the southern parts of Europe, it's always lots of horny men, stuck up and angry women, and you're always up the sheet creek because you don't speak the language. No English.

Just stay away.

There are always exceptions to the rule and people who have managed to go here and there, and even to Turkey and get a woman. But those are just that- exceptions.

Forget it! Don't even waste your thoughts on those countries.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

I spent the month of May in Sarajevo. There are quite a few attractive women, especially the tall, slender, long dark hair version. I hooked up early on with a middle-aged woman who was quite pleasant, so didn't do any chasing afterwards, but I got the feeling that what Ladislav said has plenty of truth in it. And it is mostly Muslims now in Bosnia, ever since the war drove Catholics to Croatia and Serbs to the Srpska Republic. But it seems to be mostly a kind of semi-secularized Islam, not hard core.

I think the girls would be friendly enough if approached, but my view of Bosnia is the same as Serbia, where I spent a month and a half -- I wouldn't want to go back. The poverty in both countries kind of grinds you down. You can't go 50 feet without being asked for money in some fashion. Lots of stray dogs and cats.

One interesting cultural difference note: The woman I was with in Bosnia is Catholic. When she was 17 she was walking down a street in Sarajevo and was approached by a 56-year-old Muslim, who asked her how old she was. Then he told her she was going to be his wife. End of conversation. She goes home, tells her parents, they have a good laugh about it. A week later she's walking down the same street and he approaches again, tells her "do you remember I said you were going to be my wife?" Two weeks later they were married, and it was a happy union until he was killed in the war. Somehow, I can't picture this scenario in the U.S., but maybe similar things happen in certain backwaters. Moral: you can never be too bold.

Just to add: There is probably more English spoken in the Balkans than Ladisav suggests, but from a woman standpoint I would take Poland in a nano-second over the Balkans. Polish women are almost uniformly very sweet, and the younger they are, the sweeter. I wanted to like Serbia better than Poland because I like Serb geopolitics and hate Poland's, but Poland definitely gets the nod, and from my standpoint it's not close.
Dragon
Junior Poster

Post by Dragon »

Yes. Boston is usually nice around this time of year.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

i saw a hot polish girl on dateinasia. Scammer?
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

ladislav wrote:Bosnia, Albania and Kosovo are Muslim.

Think Muslim Italy. Or Turkey. Interested?

Plus anywhere in the southern parts of Europe, it's always lots of horny men, stuck up and angry women, and you're always up the sheet creek because you don't speak the language. No English.

Just stay away.

There are always exceptions to the rule and people who have managed to go here and there, and even to Turkey and get a woman. But those are just that- exceptions.

Forget it! Don't even waste your thoughts on those countries.
This is the kind of advice that's real, true and honest to those of us out there on the field. Unlike certain other members out there bragging about southern europe :roll:
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Re: Has anyone been to Bosnia?

Post by eurobrat »

Tsar wrote:Has anyone been to Bosnia? Any experience with the women?

http://www.beautiful-women-pedia.com/bosnian-women.html
Man your so gullible, you actually think the standard Italian girl looks like this? http://www.beautiful-women-pedia.com/be ... women.html

Those are all models on that site. Not one of those girls qualifies for average. Man you guys are so easily fooled by this web content it isn't even funny.

:lol:
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

gsjackson wrote:
One interesting cultural difference note: The woman I was with in Bosnia is Catholic. When she was 17 she was walking down a street in Sarajevo and was approached by a 56-year-old Muslim, who asked her how old she was. Then he told her she was going to be his wife. End of conversation. She goes home, tells her parents, they have a good laugh about it. A week later she's walking down the same street and he approaches again, tells her "do you remember I said you were going to be my wife?" Two weeks later they were married, and it was a happy union until he was killed in the war. Somehow, I can't picture this scenario in the U.S., but maybe similar things happen in certain backwaters. Moral: you can never be too bold.
Gee that sounds really unimportant.

Who cares where a 56 year old man from the wrong ethnic group could approach a hot 17 year old and sweep her off her feet.

:shock:
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Jester wrote:
gsjackson wrote:

Who cares where a 56 year old man from the wrong ethnic group could approach a hot 17 year old and sweep her off her feet.

I dare say she was a hot number at 17. Quite buxom and jolly in her middle years.

Just make sure you have very strong conviction and belief when you do it. If you do, the woman is entirely liable to take your word for it, and buy into the program.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

gsjackson wrote:
Jester wrote:
gsjackson wrote:

I dare say she was a hot number at 17. Quite buxom and jolly in her middle years.

Just make sure you have very strong conviction and belief when you do it. If you do, the woman is entirely liable to take your word for it, and buy into the program.
Where did you go in Poland?
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

gsjackson wrote:
Indeed.

That's worth listening to.

+1
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

eurobrat wrote:
gsjackson wrote:
Jester wrote:
gsjackson wrote:

I've spent about 40 days in Warsaw since late march.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

gsjackson wrote:
eurobrat wrote:
gsjackson wrote:
Jester wrote:
gsjackson wrote:

I'm going to Warsaw in 2 weeks, I can't wait. Meeting a special someone there who I have been talking with for awhile. Any cool things that you recommend?

Do you have a Skype or some kind of messenger?
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

eurobrat wrote:
gsjackson wrote:
eurobrat wrote:
gsjackson wrote:
Jester wrote: Gee that sounds really unimportant.

I'm going to Warsaw in 2 weeks, I can't wait. Meeting a special someone there who I have been talking with for awhile. Any cool things that you recommend?

Do you have a Skype or some kind of messenger?
I'm not the guy when it comes to recommending restaurants -- have a very unadventurous American palate, and eat at the American chains, like Subway, etc., or Hard Rock Café. I do have a list of recommended restaurants from someone I know who lived there several years that I could pass along.

Warsaw has a lot of nice green space, particularly a chain of parks along the river near the University of Warsaw. Strikes me as a daytime must for romancing in the city. It's not a particularly attractive city, outside of its parks and old town area, so don't be expecting a Prague, from that standpoint. But Poles are pretty friendly, and not anti-American. if you have a budding romance with a Polish girl, I'm envious. I think they might be as close to the sort of ideal that people on this site are looking for as you'll find anywhere, even though the country is fairly westernized, and right now has a bustling consumer economy. Malls are packed.

If you need a place to stay, I was very impressed with the hotel I stayed at recently -- Hampton by Hilton. It's got a great central location, a very good breakfast, and is pretty comfortable. And a reasonable cost -- it was about $55 a night going through Booking.com.

Sorry, but I'm a bit of a technophobe, and don't have Skype or any kind of messaging system.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

gsjackson wrote:But Poles are pretty friendly, and not anti-American. if you have a budding romance with a Polish girl, I'm envious. I think they might be as close to the sort of ideal that people on this site are looking for as you'll find anywhere, even though the country is fairly westernized, and right now has a bustling consumer economy. Malls are packed.
This one girl in particular is special. But yes I agree, if you're looking for genuine character, feminine, with slight Americanization and fluency in English then Poland is definitely the place to find those people.

Why did't you stay there longer?