OK since will n dowd ruined philippines where to go to next?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: OK since will n dowd ruined philippines where to go to n

Post by Yohan »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:... where should we head next ... Vietnam, cambodia? Indonesia? South africa? Laos? India? Burma? Dubai?
I think, Philippines will continue for a long time to be a nice place to meet women for Western men.
No visa-problems, no language problems etc.

Here in Japan there is the joke going on that the next woman who is truly modest - after the final breakdown - will be from North Korea.

Cambodia and Laos have a low population, are underdeveloped and to find a comfortable live-style in these both countries is not cheap at all.

Thailand is good for living after retirement - all available, good standard to acceptable prices in areas with many foreigners.

India is a dirty place, similar to Pakistan.

Bangladesh/Myanmar is better, but there are no real arrangements there for long-stay.

While tourists are welcome almost everywhere in Asia, long-stay is not always so easy.
Some places of Indonesia are also good.

I think you have to check it out by yourself, and decide as an individual what is fitting you.
I know a man from EU who was choosing IRAN, and he is very happy there, and he is not a Muslim. There are also Christians there in some cities, he is not in Teheran the capital, but in Tabriz, not so far to Turkish border.

Some men are also into Turkey, in some areas.

I also know Malaysia well, and not only Western Malaysia, but also Eastern Malaysia (Northern Borneo) - life is OK there too and better and safer compared to near located Southern Philippines.

I think still a wide choice of countries in Asia where you can settle down.

About myself, I prefer to live in Japan, with regular trips to Philippines and Thailand, sometimes visiting Cambodia and Malaysia.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

hammanta wrote:I lack the experience of global travel in regards to many here but if all you rely on is online than it seems like the Philippines is at the top.

If you can learn to branch out, take some language classes, appreciate the culture, and become more self confident then there are many places for you.

You've mentioned before that Africa isn't for you but I've heard some countries are pretty solid there, such as Ethiopia. According to Naughty Nomad, all he had to do was "show up" in reference to getting females.
funny you mention that cause off the plane flight back in america my last trip before this one i met an ethiopian guy who has been here a few years and he said the locals are very friendly and youd be respected there just dont go out in the jungle lol. but he also claimed some lady he came back from ethiopia with just wanted his baby and ditched him after marriage, she is the one that brought him to america not the other way around, not sure what that was about.

im terrible at language unfortunately.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Re: OK since will n dowd ruined philippines where to go to n

Yohan wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:... where should we head next ... Vietnam, cambodia? Indonesia? South africa? Laos? India? Burma? Dubai?
I think, Philippines will continue for a long time to be a nice place to meet women for Western men.
No visa-problems, no language problems etc.

Here in Japan there is the joke going on that the next woman who is truly modest - after the final breakdown - will be from North Korea.

Cambodia and Laos have a low population, are underdeveloped and to find a comfortable live-style in these both countries is not cheap at all.

Thailand is good for living after retirement - all available, good standard to acceptable prices in areas with many foreigners.

India is a dirty place, similar to Pakistan.

Bangladesh/Myanmar is better, but there are no real arrangements there for long-stay.

While tourists are welcome almost everywhere in Asia, long-stay is not always so easy.
Some places of Indonesia are also good.

I think you have to check it out by yourself, and decide as an individual what is fitting you.
I know a man from EU who was choosing IRAN, and he is very happy there, and he is not a Muslim. There are also Christians there in some cities, he is not in Teheran the capital, but in Tabriz, not so far to Turkish border.

Some men are also into Turkey, in some areas.

I also know Malaysia well, and not only Western Malaysia, but also Eastern Malaysia (Northern Borneo) - life is OK there too and better and safer compared to near located Southern Philippines.

I think still a wide choice of countries in Asia where you can settle down.

About myself, I prefer to live in Japan, with regular trips to Philippines and Thailand, sometimes visiting Cambodia and Malaysia.
the better question is what countries are very easy to stay for 6 or 1 year continuously? indonesia? Vietnam? Thailand is making it tough but its doable.
tamdrin12
Freshman Poster

Post by tamdrin12 »

Boxman wrote:
tamdrin12 wrote:Lol Man I've lived in India... India is a dirty dirty country its filthy.. The women in most places of India aren't even allowed to go outside.. It is completely depressed... If you go for P4P in a city like Mumbai you will go to an area of town that seems like it should be uninhabitable by humans... in a filthly little room you will f**k your filthy ugly Indian girl who probably is HIV positive... Go to India for one reason... to get a sense of gladness in not being born there.... I have spent over 1.5 years in India so I know what I'm talking about..
Where did you live in India and what were your circumstances? Just curious - there's not much information about India here.

I visit India because I study Tibetan and Buddhist philosophy. I have lived in Sikkim, Darjeeling, Dharamsala, all of which are in northern India. But I have also visited Kolkata, Varanasi, New Delhi, Rewalsar, Dehra Dun... So mostly I have stayed in the north... Really India is not the place to pick up chicks unless you are looking to ask some girls Dad if you can marry her right away (arranged marriage)..... I don't think Hinduism was such a repressive religion originally.. but I think there is just more Muslim influence in India these days..
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Arranged marriage? You mean with a super hot big boob light skin indian girl? Sounds like a win win. :)
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

How about this idea? Let our fearless leader Winston find the next vaginal utopia!!!!! Come on buddy. You can't be "Happier Abroad" if you are living in Las Frickin' Vegas. Do I hear Kazakhstan?
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

pete98146 wrote:How about this idea? Let our fearless leader Winston find the next v****al utopia!!!!! Come on buddy. You can't be "Happier Abroad" if you are living in Las Frickin' Vegas. Do I hear Kazakhstan?
Now that I think about it Will n dowd is rather wealthy and retired so maybe he could do the experimenting. He could compare it to phil. Even if people found out about will n dowds next country not everyone is on happier abroad so it would take many years to switch.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Last edited by newlifeinphilippines on August 25th, 2014, 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:
pete98146 wrote:How about this idea? Let our fearless leader Winston find the next v****al utopia!!!!! Come on buddy. You can't be "Happier Abroad" if you are living in Las Frickin' Vegas. Do I hear Kazakhstan?
Now that I think about it Will n dowd is rather wealthy and retired so maybe he could do the experimenting. He could compare it to phil. Even if people found out about will n dowds next country not everyone is on happier abroad so it would take many years to switch.
Wealthy? I thought that was you :) Where did you get this idea? After 1st visiting PI, Will took about a year to liquidate all his assets before going back to the Philippines. I assume that's what he is living off of. He certainly isn't living like a rich kano there.

Now I am not a big fan of Will's current methods but it sucks to blame him for ruining the Philippines or lying about who he is.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

davewe wrote:
Wealthy? I thought that was you :) Where did you get this idea? After 1st visiting PI, Will took about a year to liquidate all his assets before going back to the Philippines. I assume that's what he is living off of. He certainly isn't living like a rich kano there.

Now I am not a big fan of Will's current methods but it sucks to blame him for ruining the Philippines or lying about who he is.
he didn't liquidate hes living off his investments which are still there.

Anyways i blame him not because of one single mans actions there but for his "god thread" which created hype. I had people who told me about that thread and thats how i heard a bout this forum 3 years ago. Then other people took what he said and now its spread all over the forums in other places and those people are committing will n dowds too. You met your wife around the time he was making that thread. Things have rapidly changed since then. Now only scammers want to meet foreigners. Anyways lets get back on topic you got yours before will n dowds of the world took your wife from you lol
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

davewe wrote:

Anyways i blame him not because of one single mans actions there but for his "god thread" which created hype. I had people who told me about that thread and thats how i heard a bout this forum 3 years ago. Then other people took what he said and now its spread all over the forums in other places and those people are committing will n dowds too. You met your wife around the time he was making that thread. Things have rapidly changed since then. Now only scammers want to meet foreigners. Anyways lets get back on topic you got yours before will n dowds of the world took your wife from you lol
You have the timetable wrong, not that it matters that much. I was in the Philippines and a member here long before Will arrived. Since we both live in the Northwest we connected a bit outside of HA. People have been going to the Philippines for decades and even in the Internet age Will was not an early adopter. He's not to blame, assuming there is anything to blame. Hell you might as well blame Winston.

Why not man up and just admit it - you didn't like the place. No one ruined it. It is what it is - good and bad.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

davewe wrote:
davewe wrote:

You have the timetable wrong, not that it matters that much. I was in the Philippines and a member here long before Will arrived. Since we both live in the Northwest we connected a bit outside of HA. People have been going to the Philippines for decades and even in the Internet age Will was not an early adopter. He's not to blame, assuming there is anything to blame. Hell you might as well blame Winston.

Why not man up and just admit it - you didn't like the place. No one ruined it. It is what it is - good and bad.
I seem to remember an earlier incarnation of Will on HA. I believe it was in 2010 when a poster here noted that if you substitute the letter e for i in his avatar name you get an idea of just how self-impressed he is.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

gsjackson wrote:
davewe wrote:
davewe wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote: Now that I think about it Will n dowd is rather wealthy and retired so maybe he could do the experimenting. He could compare it to phil. Even if people found out about will n dowds next country not everyone is on happier abroad so it would take many years to switch.

I seem to remember an earlier incarnation of Will on HA. I believe it was in 2010 when a poster here noted that if you substitute the letter e for i in his avatar name you get an idea of just how self-impressed he is.
No idea. He told me his original "God in the Philippines" trip was his first time there. Doesn't matter really. Blaming one person or even an entire website like HA for the character of an entire country of 100 million seems nuts to me. But if it's true and the Internet powers that be decide the Philippines is no longer a great place to go - well I won't be that sad. As Outwest has said often the expats in the Philippines are the worst. Frankly if you are active on Philippines expat forums it often seems to me that for every guy moving into the country there is at least one dying to get out.

So if Will or newlife turns us all off on the Philippines, I will feel bad that some genuinely good guys won't discover it, but I won't be sad that the sexpats and mongers stay away.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Oh, I'm not saying he had gone to the Philippines, only that I think he was posting on HA. If memory serves -- and it may not -- he was focused on Europe back then, and bestowing his magnificence on the women of Germany. Then he disappeared for a long time, and resurfaced as a Philippines lothario.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Yeah come to think of it winston is probably the initial one that got the hype going for philippines and then will n dowd hyped it up and then word spread to other places like roosh or whatever which gave it the final death blow.

Davewe yes you were coming long before will n dowd showed up which is the point. you got your wife before the hype set in. I see all kinds of 20 something year old guys on dateinasia even messaging my gf while they are already in the country.