Filipinas always ask foreigners the same questions

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Will N. Dowd
Junior Poster

Filipinas always ask foreigners the same questions

Post by Will N. Dowd »

I swear Filipinas on dating sites ask foreigners all the same questions. It's like they are all reading from the same questionnaire, or you are chatting with the same girl over and over again.

Here's my top 10 list of questions I almost always gets asked.

1. Are you sure you're here? Ridiculous but I've been asked this many times
2. What are you doing here? See answer to question #6
3. Do you have relatives here? The "Ants" in my apartment.
4. Who's with you? I usually say strangers, since I came alone, or my luggage.
5. Do you have a wife? No thanks, Marriage is the leading cause of divorce.
6. Do you have kids? No, but like to practice making them.
7. How many girls have you met? Lost track long ago.
8. Do you have a business here? No, I'm retired.
9. Are you retired US army? Why do they keep asking me that?
10.What's your work before? I was a supermodel gynecologist.

Anyone else have any favorites?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

ryanx
Freshman Poster

Post by ryanx »

If they were worldly, wise, educated, knowledgeable, sophisticated and smart they wouldn't be spreading their legs so easily. It's the price of admission my dear friend.
ryanx
Freshman Poster

Post by ryanx »

A question that I am often asked is "how long are you here? " I am never quite sure if they mean how long have you been here or how long will you be here. .. so I answer both questions which in all cases is met by surprise regardless of the answer which I change sometimes to gauge their reaction.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Re: Filipinas always ask foreigners the same questions

Post by davewe »

Will N. Dowd wrote:I swear Filipinas on dating sites ask foreigners all the same questions. It's like they are all reading from the same questionnaire, or you are chatting with the same girl over and over again.

Here's my top 10 list of questions I almost always gets asked.

1. Are you sure you're here? Ridiculous but I've been asked this many times
2. What are you doing here? See answer to question #6
3. Do you have relatives here? The "Ants" in my apartment.
4. Who's with you? I usually say strangers, since I came alone, or my luggage.
5. Do you have a wife? No thanks, Marriage is the leading cause of divorce.
6. Do you have kids? No, but like to practice making them.
7. How many girls have you met? Lost track long ago.
8. Do you have a business here? No, I'm retired.
9. Are you retired US army? Why do they keep asking me that?
10.What's your work before? I was a supermodel gynecologist.

Anyone else have any favorites?
Seems to me that not only are these questions reasonable, they are in fact a subset of one overriding question:

1. Are you a sexpat or interested in a serious relationship?
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

Dave you give filipinas too much credit. i dont think even most filipinas are away of what a sexpat is unless they been around the block or have a sister who has played foreigners before. Ask most girls about sexpat and they dont have a clue. Not even my gf at first and she moved in with me on day 1 from the dating site.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

"Why have you never been married?" They just can't let go of this one. They simply cannot understand why a guy like me wouldn't be able to find a suitable wife. They don't get that the USA is a much different country from the Philippines.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

I certainly understand asking if you are retired US army. Asking about military would make more sense. There are a lot of navy guys who spent time in the Philippines. They have probably known of many US military to come back to the Philippines. It seems like a lot of the men who marry Filippinas had visited or were stationed in the Philippines at one time.

Koreans have their own list of questions. Their seemed to be more scripted than Indonesians, but still with some variation. I can't remember the exact list, but it included things like this:

- Where are you from?
- Do you like Korea?
- Do you like kimchi?
- What is the best way to learn English?
- How many brothers and sisters do you have?

I don't remember the exact list, but those were some things I was asked a lot. Most Koreans were shy about speaking English with me. But sometimes if I were taking a bus to another city, someone would get on the bus, their eyes would fix on me, and I'd think that person is going to sit next to me and ask me the list of questions. I answered the questions and talked with the person. I guess I could have just spoken Spanish if I didn't want to.

Sometimes Koreans will ask 'How old are you?' Maybe that's habit. They don't need to ask the question to know how to address a person in English, though they may need that information to use the proper terms of respect in their own language.

Indonesian have some of the same questions they ask, but it seems less scripted. 'How many brothers and sisters do you have?' was a fairly common question when I was young. Now, the question would be 'Do you already have a family?'. They might ask 'How many children do you have?' You don't want to ask the second question before the first.

Indonesian women don't always wear wedding rings, so it's best to ask. You can also ask, "Have you already married?' in Indonesia if you are making casual conversation without hitting on the person, though it could be taken that way as well depending on how you do it. That's a normal thing to ask.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

At least Filipinas don't ask "Do you own or rent your residence?" like Russian and Ukrainian women do. I wonder how they'd like it if I asked what their bra size is.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:Dave you give filipinas too much credit. i dont think even most filipinas are away of what a sexpat is unless they been around the block or have a sister who has played foreigners before. Ask most girls about sexpat and they dont have a clue. Not even my gf at first and she moved in with me on day 1 from the dating site.
They may not know the word "sexpat" but they understand the concept. So change it to this:

1. Are you just a player or interested in a real relationship.

That's something most women the world over would understand.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

davewe wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:Dave you give filipinas too much credit. i dont think even most filipinas are away of what a sexpat is unless they been around the block or have a sister who has played foreigners before. Ask most girls about sexpat and they dont have a clue. Not even my gf at first and she moved in with me on day 1 from the dating site.
They may not know the word "sexpat" but they understand the concept. So change it to this:

my point was many dont even know that about foreigners. Even one who had been with a foreigner before didn't know it when i was talking to her online. I later met her and i realized she didn't seem to care her foreigner boyfriend had been all over the world fooling around even though she broke up it seemed like she wante dhim back. I got the impression from filipinas they ultimately dont know or dont care they just want a foreigner period.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Hero wrote:
At least Filipinas don't ask "Do you own or rent your residence?" like Russian and Ukrainian women do. I wonder how they'd like it if I asked what their bra size is.

I don't mind a golddigger if she puts out and acts classy. I use her, she uses me. I get that.

But a golddigger who verbally QUALIFIES me?? LOL Instead of a ho giving me a "gfe", it would be a gf giving me a "ho experience". Kind of ruins the mood.

That would be walk-away time for me, too. And definitely with a put-down (yeah, bra size, weight, whatever) or insult.

I have really come to hate questions from women in general.

I don't mind "working" for it, I don't mind putting on a show to impress, but I DO mind being told to jump through a hoop that someone is holding up.

Ringmaster I am, circus pup I'm not.
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:
davewe wrote:

my point was many dont even know that about foreigners. Even one who had been with a foreigner before didn't know it when i was talking to her online. I later met her and i realized she didn't seem to care her foreigner boyfriend had been all over the world fooling around even though she broke up it seemed like she wante dhim back. I got the impression from filipinas they ultimately dont know or dont care they just want a foreigner period.
Idk. The girls I met in Mindinao had never met a foreigner in person before and had the assumption that I might have been a sex tourist (They told me this). That was until they met me in person. They even asked me if I had met many girls online that asked me for money and how they view those girls as trash essentially.

Not all filipinas are stupid. There is a difference in lacking knowledge and being unintelligent. They do see the sex tourists with the young slutty girls. Some care others don't but I have yet to meet any who didn't have at least have an idea about it.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

If the general population of females thinks that then what should a reason you give for your stay then if this is not your first time visiting?
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

hammanta wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:
davewe wrote:

Idk. The girls I met in Mindinao had never met a foreigner in person before and had the assumption that I might have been a sex tourist (They told me this). That was until they met me in person. They even asked me if I had met many girls online that asked me for money and how they view those girls as trash essentially.

Not all filipinas are stupid. There is a difference in lacking knowledge and being unintelligent. They do see the sex tourists with the young slutty girls. Some care others don't but I have yet to meet any who didn't have at least have an idea about it.
Girls in mindanao dont know better cause all they hear about is bars and there aint any foreigners there. Girls in cebu have seen foreigners more so they dont assume as much.
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:If the general population of females thinks that then what should a reason you give for your stay then if this is not your first time visiting?

I actually enjoy the culture and people outside of women. I actually have a good excuse for being there, I have a family I stay with. I also just tell the girls I like their country and impress them with my knowledge. I can also tell when the girl is a potential lay or she is more reserved based off her body language. I base my straight forwardness off of that and I'm not pushy if she seems uncomfortable. If the girl wants to screw then she will give off some vibes, at least that has been the case for me. I've actually left a girl hanging who wanted to come back with me (after a few beers :P) because I promised her I wasn't a bad guy and wouldn't try anything. Yea ole' moral me right? lol

My point is that most girls are not ignorant to the fact that guys come there to get laid, many being less desirable types. They also understand though that there are good guys that come there as well. Another personal stat, I've never met a filipina who doesn't know at least a family member or friend that married a foreigner. This creates somewhat of a positive light.

Most girls will have the natural assumption that you are there for sex. It is up to the foreigner to prove her wrong. That's not to say they won't give you a chance or even sleep with you, but you need to get them to trust you. Prove that you are a good guy. Now I'm not an advocate of lying or manipulation so if that's all a foreigner wants, they should stick to P4P.