Some Honest Advice Before Marrying a Foreign Lady

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
Winston
Site Admin

Some Honest Advice Before Marrying a Foreign Lady

Post by Winston »

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Some Honest Advice Before Marrying a Foreign Lady

Post by MrMan »

The article advises letting any woman you consider know that you would want a pre-nup, and that this weeds out gold diggers.

The problem is that asking for a pre-nup can weed out the type of women who don't believe in divorce who want a man who doesn't believe in divorce. Some of the most anti-divorce women would see the request for a pre-nup to be signaling a low commitment to marriage. It's a bet on divorce. A very anti-divorce woman doesn't want to divorce or be divorced. So you can drive away some of the very best candidates for marriage, the conservative type who want to commit to their husband for life and never divorce.

In my case, I wanted a Christian who did not believe in divorcing like the example in the article. I wanted something with character. A pre-nup would not fit with our relationship, beliefs, or what both of us wanted.

There are cases where pre-nups make sense. If a man has adult children and wants to leave most of his estate to them, it makes sense to have step-mom sign a pre-nup. Some widowers get remarried when they are older. In Indonesia, in order to ensure the right to own land, a man has to waive rights to his wife's lands in a pre-nup. You could do that with the understanding that she submits to you and it is treated as de facto community property, but that would be between the two of you for financial decisions in the marriage. You could say you'd own land in her name. If she doesn't back stab you, then that discussion may prevent conflict later in the marriage.

I hear pre-nups don't hold up that well in court anyway.

If you marry, there needs to be some trust. You really need to know the other person's character. High risks women for divorce should not be in your consideration set if you can figure out that they are high risk, of course. Someone with no beliefs or morals really has no reason not to divorce except for love (which could mean a temporary dopamine rush.)
sea_dragon
Freshman Poster

Post by sea_dragon »

I think Asian men have it much easier time when it comes to marriage to an extent. While non-Asian men often attract more sluttier and and not so conservative types.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on April 27th, 2020, 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

Ghost wrote:It pertains to men bringing foreign wives home to anglo countries. No sane man should try this nowadays. Go live in Asia or where ever and you don't need a prenup. If things go sour, either kick her out or change cities.
yeah dont own anything just dissapear when convenient lol
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on April 27th, 2020, 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In2dadark
Freshman Poster

Post by In2dadark »

I understand you can marry them there & bring them here (short term stays) on a certain visa that's nearly impossible to get (?). That would be a preferred set up to marrying here. But, yeah, being able to dip when she flips is the way to go.
Archangel_hawksnest
Freshman Poster

Re: Some Honest Advice Before Marrying a Foreign Lady

Post by Archangel_hawksnest »

I don't know why any man would entertain the idea of marrying any woman. you are basically asking for trouble.