OK since will n dowd ruined philippines where to go to next?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
MrBlueLight
Freshman Poster

Post by MrBlueLight »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
MrBlueLight wrote:So Koreans are just picking up normal Pinays with their crappy English? Or are they going for mostly p4p?
This one's a no-brainer really...

Filipina's nowadays are obsessed with two things: beauty pageants and Korean soaps. I've seen a lot of Koreans in Philippine mall; most of them are tall, especially for Filipino standards but some even by Western standards. I am six feet myself and I've seen many Koreans my height and quite a few even taller. Many of the local Filipino men simply don't measure up... the Korean guys that come visit the Philippines often have the same pale, tall, slender, sort of effeminate look as those soap actors. And many a Filipina wets their panties at the mere sight. Certainly is a lot more appealing to them then some sleazy Indian guy or an American middle aged divorcee on the rebound.

Many of the Koreans are also students, which means they'd be relatively young. I've seen an entire street in Manila inhabited solely by Koreans. They got the funds, many made a lot of money back home, and when they come to the Philippines they bring both cash and relative looks, as well as by-asian-standards good looks. There's a lot of Filipina's who likes a handsome Western guy, but surprise, surprise, to just as many an East-Asian guy can be just as appealing.
Do Pinays differentiate between Koreans, Japanese, and Chinese, or do they pretty much put them in the same group? As an Asian American, I wonder which group they will put me in.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

If you guys dont believe philippines hasn't been overmongered let me give you an example

I had a streetwalker tell me she is not intersted in older white guys just young koreans usually when i asked her who she goes with. she only went with me cause i looked like i was in my 20's. We are truly f***ed when a cebu streetwalker is picky.
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
MrBlueLight wrote:So Koreans are just picking up normal Pinays with their crappy English? Or are they going for mostly p4p?
This one's a no-brainer really...

Filipina's nowadays are obsessed with two things: beauty pageants and Korean soaps. I've seen a lot of Koreans in Philippine mall; most of them are tall, especially for Filipino standards but some even by Western standards. I am six feet myself and I've seen many Koreans my height and quite a few even taller. Many of the local Filipino men simply don't measure up... the Korean guys that come visit the Philippines often have the same pale, tall, slender, sort of effeminate look as those soap actors. And many a Filipina wets their panties at the mere sight. Certainly is a lot more appealing to them then some sleazy Indian guy or an American middle aged divorcee on the rebound.

Many of the Koreans are also students, which means they'd be relatively young. I've seen an entire street in Manila inhabited solely by Koreans. They got the funds, many made a lot of money back home, and when they come to the Philippines they bring both cash and relative looks, as well as by-asian-standards good looks. There's a lot of Filipina's who likes a handsome Western guy, but surprise, surprise, to just as many an East-Asian guy can be just as appealing.
I've notice this as well but I've also heard from several girls that Koreans are simply girlish. They like the romantic side (the side shown in movies and tv shows) but as far as being manly they don't always make the cut. I've actually tried to hook a few of my friends up with some of those FOB Koreans in some of the clubs and the girls have said that same thing I just said. I'm more muscular than the majority of Koreans even in the movies and I've never had a complaint from a filipina in that regard. On the contrary they tend to enjoy the more "manly" frame. Of course not every girl is the same and I'm sure some love Koreans. I also agree that a young Korean guy will still probably do better than the average middle aged divorce in the country.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Im thinking indonesia is the next spot for me to check out. Tropical jungles and islands and beaches, lots of protestant christians, no communism, there is mongering and p4p available, no large american or korean expats or tourists, very big country, less westernized than philippines, millions of people so there wont be a shortage. There is over 200 million and no koreans or white guys so one could imagine why falcon is so happy there. Too bad i can't check it out anytime soon. I bet i could create a will n dowd style "I was Allah in Indonesia" lol Even if will n dowds of the world overtook indonesia with 250 million 2.5 times the amount of women as philippines its obvious that all the expats could come from philippines and there still would be a huge surplus of hot women.

Only problem is language but that just means ill go online and pick the girls who are smart enough to english and it will be a great lay. Whereas even squatter girls in phil know english.

Actually I think the biggest problem would be visas, only 30 days? I need one prior to arrival too maybe? Sounds expensive and a hassle to be coming and going every 30 days.

I just browsed a big city in indonesia. Wow a load of indonesian females online. And of course they will know how to speak english their words are in english. that means they will be better than the low hanging fruit in philippines where everyone mostly can speak some english. so actually it would easily seperate a lot of low hanging fruit before having to even chat.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:Im thinking indonesia is the next spot for me to check out. Tropical jungles and islands and beaches, lots of protestant christians, no communism, there is mongering and p4p available, no large american or korean expats or tourists, very big country, less westernized than philippines, millions of people so there wont be a shortage. There is over 200 million and no koreans or white guys so one could imagine why falcon is so happy there. Too bad i can't check it out anytime soon. I bet i could create a will n dowd style "I was Allah in Indonesia" lol Even if will n dowds of the world overtook indonesia with 250 million 2.5 times the amount of women as philippines its obvious that all the expats could come from philippines and there still would be a huge surplus of hot women.

Only problem is language but that just means ill go online and pick the girls who are smart enough to english and it will be a great lay. Whereas even squatter girls in phil know english.

Actually I think the biggest problem would be visas, only 30 days? I need one prior to arrival too maybe? Sounds expensive and a hassle to be coming and going every 30 days.

I just browsed a big city in indonesia. Wow a load of indonesian females online. And of course they will know how to speak english their words are in english. that means they will be better than the low hanging fruit in philippines where everyone mostly can speak some english. so actually it would easily seperate a lot of low hanging fruit before having to even chat.
Bali is flooded by Western and NE Asian tourists. Avoid Kuta, which is pretty much an extension of Australia's Gold Goast party scene.

By all means, learn Bahasa Indonesia. People do speak some English, but they'll expect you to learn the language like the French do, although not as much as the Thais would.

Indonesia is not for your typical white expat in the Philippines who wants easy lays and only wants to speak English. You'll have to adapt, and like Brazil and Mexico, it's not a place for everyone. Most of the time, Indonesians would greatly prefer to be with someone who can really empathize with their culture. That's why when they marry out, it's almost always with someone Malaysia, Singapore, the Middle East, or South Asia.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Falcon wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:Im thinking indonesia is the next spot for me to check out. Tropical jungles and islands and beaches, lots of protestant christians, no communism, there is mongering and p4p available, no large american or korean expats or tourists, very big country, less westernized than philippines, millions of people so there wont be a shortage. There is over 200 million and no koreans or white guys so one could imagine why falcon is so happy there. Too bad i can't check it out anytime soon. I bet i could create a will n dowd style "I was Allah in Indonesia" lol Even if will n dowds of the world overtook indonesia with 250 million 2.5 times the amount of women as philippines its obvious that all the expats could come from philippines and there still would be a huge surplus of hot women.

Bali is flooded by Western and NE Asian tourists. Avoid Kuta, which is pretty much an extension of Australia's Gold Goast party scene.

By all means, learn Bahasa Indonesia. People do speak some English, but they'll expect you to learn the language like the French do, although not as much as the Thais would.

Indonesia is not for your typical white expat in the Philippines who wants easy lays and only wants to speak English. You'll have to adapt, and like Brazil and Mexico, it's not a place for everyone. These are people who would greatly prefer to be with someone who can really empathize with their culture.

Wouldn't you say that relative to philippines its barely untouched by foreigners? Indonesia has 2.5 times the population and probably far less whites and koreans am I right? Also many filipinas are working abroad not even in the country.

I see on the dating site plenty of protestant girls writing in english. Seems like it would be easy to line up tons of women who can speak english since not many foreigners go to indonesia, save for bali i guess (dont know much about indonesia).
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

Falcon wrote:

Indonesia is not for your typical white expat in the Philippines who wants easy lays and only wants to speak English. You'll have to adapt, and like Brazil and Mexico, it's not a place for everyone. Most of the time, Indonesians would greatly prefer to be with someone who can really empathize with their culture. That's why when they marry out, it's almost always with someone Malaysia, Singapore, the Middle East, or South Asia.
Off topic a little but I have heard that Bahasa is pretty much the easiest Asian language to learn for an English speaker.

Care to chime in on that notion Falcon? Indonesia appeals to me as well.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Yes you're right.

Conversational Bahasa Indonesia, which is essentially the same language as Bahasa Malaysia, is quite easy to learn. As you move up to the advanced level, it gets much harder.

These national languages were based off Malay, which was a trade language spoken across Island Southeast Asia for many centuries.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

See my thread on 2013 tourist arrivals in East Asian countries.

Relative to its population, the Philippines really doesn't get that much tourism.

viewtopic.php?t=24277
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Falcon wrote:See my thread on 2013 tourist arrivals in East Asian countries.

Relative to its population, the Philippines really doesn't get that much tourism.

viewtopic.php?t=24277
but half the level of philippines and they aren't staying as long either due to the visas only being 30 days and not as easy to live there. Its the sexpatriats like will n dowd who want to bang 50 girls a year there that are ruining it no the casual tourist with wide eyes who bangs mostly bargirls and occassionally a semi pro dating site girl on his 2 week vacation passing through. any edge is a good thing. means more for me.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Newlife, what's your background and age, so I can get an idea of how things might go for you different places. I haven't seen a trip report from you or a post in the Introductions board.

Somehow you really type a lot like Banano, another guy on the forum, and once in a while I almost mistake your posts for his, haha.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Falcon wrote:Newlife, what's your background and age, so I can get an idea of how things might go for you different places. I haven't seen a trip report from you or a post in the Introductions board.

Somehow you really type a lot like Banano, another guy on the forum, and once in a while I almost mistake your posts for his, haha.
white 32 quite ugly (but not fat). frugal spender dont like to flaunt my wealth too much. I probaly wont be planning to g back to asia for a few years so i can focus on my work. maybe you can give me an idea which is the best place 3 to 5 years from now.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

more proof philippines and more specifically online dating there is OVER

viewtopic.php?t=22763&highlight=
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Korean guys do OK in the Philippines in picking up regular girls. Some of these Korean guys are older but have the money they are no different from let say a middle age western guy. At the same time you have youngish Korean guys going to the Philippines to monger . K-pop is big in the Philippines . Korean people have that light skin color and that east asian look that sometimes the Philippines actually prefer.

Contrary to popular belief not all Asian worship white people or white looks. In the Philippines and including Thailand they prefer that East Asian looks sometimes . Japanese and Koreans have more of that feature ..so for the Korean and Japanese guys they have that look but more importantly they are from a wealthy country compared to the Philippines.

In the end it's economics. How about the english part? Well you have white American guys picking up Asian girls who can't speak English but they make it work. It's no different from a Korean guy doing the same in the Philippines. The problem is that some of these Korean guys get the Philippine girl pregnant and run away. It got so bad that the Korean govt. notice .
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

MrBlueLight,

It depends upon how you come across. You can tell them your from America and Chinese and they see you as foreign. In other words you have money.