Do Western men date the ugliest Taiwanese girls?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

The_Adventurer wrote: Note the list of features called beauty in the article: Big round eyes, thin protruding nose, white skin, long skinny legs etc. All sounds like "white girl" to me. I have no interest in white girls so why go for this?
I don't know but certain traits are more attractive without being "white" to me. A lot of Chinese and Korean girls can have long shapely legs. I don't think this is narrowed down to a specific race. Plus the faces of those k-pop models you posted are not white at all IMO they are distinctly classically asian. Look at some scroll paintings sometime and see how asian beauty standards are remarkably consistent. It has less to do with white people than you assume. Also, a lot of white women tend to have man jaws, big calves, or masculine features which is especially noticeable after being in asia for so long.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

The_Adventurer wrote:The same typical BULLSHIT we hear over and over in this forum. The more "white" a girl looks, the more beautiful she is. The more Asian she looks, she's just plain ugly. Even Rock subscribes to these notions. AND there's not room for, as the article states, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." or "One man's trash is another man's treasure." NO. Around here it is UNIVERSAL. You accept it (your white looking asian) or you're a pathetic beta foreigner who is just settling for fuglies because he can't do any better. That sound about right?
No I think you got me at least somewhat mis-pegged here.

If I was really fully into the Caucasian look, I might prefer certain Pinays over NE Asian gals. Cus with Filipinas, you can find some with bigger and rounder eyes, higher cheekbones, and general features which make them look ambiguous western/asian. What I like facially is the harder core NE Asian look, almond eyes, perfect smooth poreless milky or yellow tinted skin, and an innocent childlike cuteness (on an adult of course). What I appreciate with white or black girls are their tendency to be taller, have proportionally longer legs, thicker thighs, bigger asses, and wider hips. And at very young ages (up to early/mid 20s) many white girls are on par with NE Asians for facial beauty too. But if you look at 30 somethings, NE Asians easily win.

BTW, I agree with you. I don't like the fourth girl (too skinny and lithy) but third looks quite attractive. Even first would be nice if she has the right type of body and stature. But second girl is very attractive too. You really wouldn't go for her?
sea_dragon
Freshman Poster

Post by sea_dragon »

I am not interested in Paleomongoloids or Sudsinids with Negroid like features but neither am I attracted to Mongolian-looking people with extremely small eyes and horrid fat faces as well. I prefer a more balanced facial profile that is more or less similar to myself. And I am not attracted to white girls or any Caucasian girls for the matter. I am simply attracted to Asian girls who look similar like me.

I resemble more like the Chinese man on the right, not the Malayid on the left.
MrBlueLight
Freshman Poster

Post by MrBlueLight »

The_Adventurer wrote:The same typical BULLSHIT we hear over and over in this forum. The more "white" a girl looks, the more beautiful she is. The more Asian she looks, she's just plain ugly. Even Rock subscribes to these notions. AND there's not room for, as the article states, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." or "One man's trash is another man's treasure." NO. Around here it is UNIVERSAL. You accept it (your white looking asian) or you're a pathetic beta foreigner who is just settling for fuglies because he can't do any better. That sound about right?

Well, thanks, but I am not going to let other people determine what is right for me.

Note the list of features called beauty in the article: Big round eyes, thin protruding nose, white skin, long skinny legs etc. All sounds like "white girl" to me. I have no interest in white girls so why go for this?

Single eyelid, line eyes are a must for me. That is the beginning of Asian cuteness and attractiveness. At least what I like most. I like shorter, rounder legs, rounder faces, with line eyes of course, and darker skin.

I would go for this:

Before this:

ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.

I would be into this:

Not this:

I am not attracted to white girls. I don't need my Asian girls to look like white girls.
I wish all the white guys have your tastes. Girl 1 and 3 desperately need some love, because they likely aren't getting any from men in their countries. Those two are definitely consider as "ugly" by the standard of Asians.

When I was in Taiwan, I see the girls with white guys are typically from the 5-7 range, so cute. These girls are rarely ugly nor "hot" by Asian standards. Imagine that white guys actually start getting girls that Asian guys consider as hot, there would be a lot more cockblocking going on and possibly foreign policy repercussions, lol.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

The last one in the red jacket has had plastic surgery.

She looks too much like a Thai ladyboy.
sea_dragon
Freshman Poster

Post by sea_dragon »

I find a lot of people to be unattractive. But there are exceptions, who often resemble my phenotype which can be found in Northeast Asia, usually in the Central-Eastern coast of China and Korea but can be found in Japan or some other parts of Northeastern Asia.

Jonny Law
Experienced Poster

Post by Jonny Law »

In my Professional Opinion this topic is B*llsh!t.

Asian Chicks Look Great.

They all look the same to me. So I Enjoy them :)
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

I think it may be that some men are just into Asians. It's like if she's Asian, she looks hot to these men.

I didn't see whites with only unattractive Indonesians when I was there. I'm thinking more of men who married Indonesians. I knew a few who were dating.

I can think of three preachers or men in related fields who had really pretty Indonesian wives. A couple of them were like really, really pretty. One of them was back when she was young and they got married, but was still attractive. My wife is gorgeous, too.

I knew one young guy, beta to the max, who married a homely stout girl who bossed him around. Several of his friends tried to talk him out of the relationship. I didn't meet her until they were already married. My wife and I'd just met him on a ship when they were dating probably the year we got married. I worked with a white guy who had married a kind of homely woman with big teeth. His coworkers thought he was so good looking and said she'd been a bar girl. They couldn't figure it out. One of them had wanted to match him up with one of her relatives.

A Malayu girl at church was pretty and she married an expat when I lived there. A couple of women I would say were 5's in our social circle married men they'd met online. And a 7 or 8 who was 40 did too.

In general, the expat men who had married local in Indonesia I saw ended up with above-average looking women, some of them extremely beautiful. I knew some couples who were a bit older, and I'm not going to comment because you just don't know how good-looking they were when they were younger. The ones who had married pretty women were young when they did so. I can't tell if a man is good-looking, but I heard comments that one who had married a woman who looks like a model that he was good looking. I'd assume the others were reasonably good-looking. Lot's of Indonesians consider whites to be a couple of points higher on looks than they would get in the US. They like protruding noses and lighter skin.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Well, thanks, but I am not going to let other people determine what is right for me.

Note the list of features called beauty in the article: Big round eyes, thin protruding nose, white skin, long skinny legs etc. All sounds like "white girl" to me. I have no interest in white girls so why go for this?

Single eyelid, line eyes are a must for me. That is the beginning of Asian cuteness and attractiveness. At least what I like most. I like shorter, rounder legs, rounder faces, with line eyes of course, and darker skin.

I would go for this:

Before this:

ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.

I would be into this:

Not this:

I am not attracted to white girls. I don't need my Asian girls to look like white girls.
In my case, I'd think the second of each pair is better looking. It's not about looking more 'white', either. It's just that the more 'Asian-looking' girls aren't that good-looking to me. I've seen very Asian-looking women with the Asian eye lid and other features who were gorgeous.

But it doesn't matter. It's a good thing we are attracted to different-looking women. That lets the women get married up and prevents too much competition over the same women. I'm married anyway, so who I think is pretty doesn't matter that much since I'm off the market. :)
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Regarding the article, I've heard Indonesians comment on why some expats date ugly women or dark women. To them, if a woman is a bit dark, then she's considered unattractive. To me, it's not so much about skin color. My wife is fairly light-skinned if she keeps herself out of the sun or uses sunscreen.

Having a different view of beauty than the men there is a very helpful thing. You can find an absolutely gorgeous girl who hasn't gotten an attitude from being hit on by countless men. She sees you as having a higher 'sex rank' than she does, even though you find her just as attractive, hopefully, as she finds you.