Why the Philippines?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Luc Furr
Freshman Poster

Why the Philippines?

Post by Luc Furr »

If you are concerned about war, collapse of America, hyperinflation, end of the world .... why in the name of God would you go to the Philippines or attach yourself to a Pinay?

The Philippines does not produce enough food to feed itself
The Philippines does not produce enough energy to power itself
The Philippines forces "foreign" men to put assets in their wife's name...thus transferring assets held in the name of American males to have nothing Pinays.
The Philippines has an Islamic insurgency occurring.
The Philippines like Japan and Korea will be an unsinkable aircraft carrier/base for America in a war...thus a prime target.
A Pinay passport does not open doors.

Seems like one of the worst places a person could go.

If you are thinking just of a docile young sex toy why marry her? If you bring that sex toy to America you open the door for her family and give her 50% of the assets held in your name.

Seems insane to me. Perhaps the Pinay and Philippines lovers can explain their logic.
Last edited by Luc Furr on August 31st, 2014, 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Why the Philippines?

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Luc Furr wrote:If you are concerned about war, collapse of America, hyperinflation, end of the world .... why in the name of God would you go to the Philippines or attach yourself to a Pinay?
I am not concerned with these things, nor am I American. If a war happens, if the world ends, if the economy collapses, it will happen any way no matter where you go and no matter what you do. But until then, instead of over-analyzing the potential disasters that lie ahead, I try to enjoy myself in the here and now. Live in the moment!
Luc Furr wrote:The Philippines does not produce enough food to feed itself
Good! All the more value for those who own rice fields and produce food, right? Being a land owner in the Philippines will ultimately prove to be a very good investment when the value of both land and the food it produces keeps on rising along with the general population. The birth rate in the Philippines is still high, the population grows and the population is hungry.
Luc Furr wrote:The Philippines does not produce enough energy to power itself
My needs in the department are minimal, but ultimately as long as they are met I don't care where the energy comes from as long as it's (usually) there. The country itself is far from ideal and clearly a third world country, I give you that. But at least third world countries have the ability to grow whereas many first world countries are deteriorating. What is there to look forward to in a world that seemingly has it all? I for one like a challenge!
Luc Furr wrote:The Philippines forces "foreign" men to put assets in their wife's name...thus transferring assets held in the name of American males to do nothing Pinays
1: I'm not an American male
2: I have the utmost trust in my wife
Luc Furr wrote:A Pinay passport does not open doors
The only door I wanted it to open is the door to a nice wife & family life. These things I have, all the other doors I couldn't care less about.
Luc Furr wrote:If you are thinking just of a docile young sex toy why marry her?
She's young, she's great in bed but I wouldn't call her docile, she's a queen not a sheep. I married her because I love her.
Luc Furr wrote:If you bring that sex toy to America you open the door for her family and give her 50% of the assets held in your name.
Not bringing her to the West, she remains in the Philippines were I will soon follow. We will live there indefinitely. Bringing a wife to the West seems retarded to me when escaping the West is the objective. Bring a foreign girl to America or Europe and she may well end up being Westernized. If not your wife, then surely your daughters will be just as slutty and degenerate as the American women everyone here seems to despise... so why bother? I say suck it up and be a man about it, don't whine about comfort and just live in the East. Adapt and live well and stay away from the West.
Luc Furr wrote:Seems insane to me. Perhaps the Pinay and Philippines lovers can explain their logic.

There's my logic for you. You call it insane, I call it love, but there's a logic behind it. My goal was never to live in America or the West and bring my wife there, my goal was the opposite of that. Hopefully that makes a little more sense? If not, so be it. I'm having a splendid time anyway! :wink:
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

All those things you said are true and if I was in a different situation where I did not have a child to raise I would not stay here. However, what is important for me is personal freedom to do almost anything the hell I want here within reason. If you have money here you can get away with almost anything. Yes, this is what creates the corruption and binds the lower masses to poverty but on the other hand an educated foreigner who can navigate the trenches that keep the local ignorant population controlled and docile, is easily managed by a moderately educated foreigner. Living here for the time being I've realized how many personal freedoms have been lost in America since the Patriot act and it's supposed 'War on Terror'.

PI is not an optimal place to live of course if you have a survivalist mentality but it's actually not the worst either. Even though a foreigner stands out they are not hated upon in an emergency situation whereas some other countries might take advantage of foreighners if they don't look like the local population. After the dust settles in any emergency situation in PI and the initial riffraff trying to loot Filipinos are taken care of, everyone here would band together for the common good for the most part. This is the general scenerio that happens that I've noticed from the typhoons that have hit areas.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
steve55
Junior Poster

Post by steve55 »

The bottom line is that a western man ain't shit in his own country. But put him in the philippine or any other foreign cultural dating scene and he is a dating product in extremely high demand. That's the simple fact. So that's why men will go to the Philippines. It's as simple as that.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

steve55 wrote:The bottom line is that a western man ain't shit in his own country. But put him in the philippine or any other foreign cultural dating scene and he is a dating product in extremely high demand. That's the simple fact. So that's why men will go to the Philippines. It's as simple as that.
The bottom line is another myth, dear Steve.

A Western man, especially a mature and divorced one, is in high demand by young women whom educated and well-off Filipinos wouldn't touch with a stick, or at the very least wouldn't consider prime marriage material. While I was there I saw the harsh reality: middle and upper middle class Pinoys would marry into equally middle and upper middle class families, better if of clear Chinese and Spanish descent. They would get engaged and marry them young, possibly virgin, possibly while still in college or soon after their graduation (which happens when they're about 19/20 anyway).

All the men from power brokering families I met in Davao weren't necessarily of the purest lineage, but their wives or girlfriends were always fair skinned babes with some strongly recognisable Chinese or European ancestry. Needless to say, for how much I find a dark skinned, slender girl attractive and sassy, those young women seemed to live on a different platform, both physically and socio-culturally. One a man like us would find quite hard to jump on.

Our only saving grace is in fact that: that most of us don't attach any particular stigma on a darker skin and stronger Austronesian traits, in fact we find them irresistibly exotic. That means that attractive girls from less sophisticated and more rural parts of the country could be a prized jackpot for many of us, while being considered second class to scions of the Filipino middle class and elite looking for a partner. Of the socio-sexual arbitrage that is looking for a bride in the Philippines, I find this the aspect that most benefits both the foreigner and the bride and her family.

And even for the monger, there's more of those dark skinned young ladies from yet humbler backgrounds, naive but often keen to scam him, the kinds somebody aptly labelled "excess female population".
Last edited by publicduende on August 31st, 2014, 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Luc Furr wrote:
... why in the name of God would you go to the Philippines or attach yourself to a Pinay?

... Philippines forces "foreign" men to put assets in their wife's name...thus transferring assets held in the name of American males to have nothing Pinays.

... Pinay passport does not open doors.
Not really true what you write here.

A Western foreigner can own 100 percent a condominium-unit in Philippines and it will be registered in his name in the titel.

A Western foreigner has no visa problems in Philippines, he can easily get permanent resident status, similar to the 'green card status' in USA.

A Pinay passport does not open her the doors to USA or to UK/EU and Australia etc., but a Chinese passport also not, and not to talk about Indonesian passports, Thai passports, Vietnamese passports, etc. etc.
Many Asian wives from underdeveloped countries face visa problems when moving to Western countries, especially in case the Western husband cannot prove any sufficient income.
Last edited by Yohan on August 31st, 2014, 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Raja
Freshman Poster

Post by Raja »

Luc Furr wrote:If you are concerned about war, collapse of America, hyperinflation, end of the world .... why in the name of God would you go to the Philippines or attach yourself to a Pinay?
If that was my primary concern I would have my cousin's young daughter in the family bunker. Which would only be left to rotate the ammunition and canned goods stocks. A passport or drivers license would have never been issued in my name and I would only have a social security number because my parents were forced to get one when I was a kid.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Luc Furr wrote: The Philippines does not produce enough food to feed itself
And?
Here in Japan it is the same, 80 percent of all food, for about 90 million people per day is imported.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

All indications are WW III is coming soon. There going to try to accomplish what they failed to do in WW I and WW II, most notably the extinction of the white race. The northern hemisphere is a cold f***ing place when you don't have any food and the radiation from nuclear warheads won't keep you warm at night. So you might to surround yourself with short, brown people because there a lot friendlier(and hornier) in a crisis that's been my experience.

There's lot of food in the Philippines if you like eating seafood, coconuts and bananas.

The Blueprint For WW III
http://www.thecommonsenseshow.com/2014/ ... d-war-iii/
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

The Philippines forces "foreign" men to put assets in their wife's name...thus transferring assets held in the name of American males to have nothing Pinays.
The Philippines like Japan and Korea will be an unsinkable aircraft carrier/base for America in a war...thus a prime target.

If you are thinking just of a docile young sex toy why marry her? If you bring that sex toy to America you open the door for her family and give her 50% of the assets held in your name.

Seems insane to me. Perhaps the Pinay and Philippines lovers can explain their logic.
So if it seems insane, don't go. Why ask anyone else to justify their insanity?

While I can think of many reasons not to live in the Philippines, none of them are on your list. I can readily afford food and electricity, am not shaking in my flip flops over Muslims, and do not spend my nights fretting over WW 3.

Honestly my attitude has changed. When I first went to the Philippines I couldn't wait to tell my friends or anyone who would listen and try to convince them to visit and/or discover the joys of Filipinas. Now, while I am still happy to share my experiences, I don't care. I know most Western men will never leave their home countries and those that do will only do it for a quick sex tour. Honestly, most guys should not live in the Philippines or any developing country. For a variety of reasons (the list would be a mile long) they won't make it.

Since I am interested in a simpler life, where I am not panicked about the global economy or the next war (last time I checked we already have a couple, so I don't need to wait for the next), where I am not worried about the cost of my next luxury car or what new crap my neighbor bought, I am hoping to make it in the Philippines, or a similar place. But who knows - I might end up running back too.

So if none of you go, I won't lose any sleep.

My only regret is about the guy who almost makes it. He saves his money, gets on a plane, goes to Manila or Cebu or Angeles and complains about the traffic, pollution, bad girls, etc. I feel bad because he went to all that trouble and expense, he came so close to making a real human discovery and failed.

For the rest, if you aren't compelled to go - you shouldn't.

These are my encouraging words for today :)
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

davewe wrote:

So if it seems insane, don't go. Why ask anyone else to justify their insanity?

While I can think of many reasons not to live in the Philippines, none of them are on your list. I can readily afford food and electricity, am not shaking in my flip flops over Muslims, and do not spend my nights fretting over WW 3.

Honestly my attitude has changed. When I first went to the Philippines I couldn't wait to tell my friends or anyone who would listen and try to convince them to visit and/or discover the joys of Filipinas. Now, while I am still happy to share my experiences, I don't care. I know most Western men will never leave their home countries and those that do will only do it for a quick sex tour. Honestly, most guys should not live in the Philippines or any developing country. For a variety of reasons (the list would be a mile long) they won't make it.

Since I am interested in a simpler life, where I am not panicked about the global economy or the next war (last time I checked we already have a couple, so I don't need to wait for the next), where I am not worried about the cost of my next luxury car or what new crap my neighbor bought, I am hoping to make it in the Philippines, or a similar place. But who knows - I might end up running back too.

So if none of you go, I won't lose any sleep.

My only regret is about the guy who almost makes it. He saves his money, gets on a plane, goes to Manila or Cebu or Angeles and complains about the traffic, pollution, bad girls, etc. I feel bad because he went to all that trouble and expense, he came so close to making a real human discovery and failed.

For the rest, if you aren't compelled to go - you shouldn't.

These are my encouraging words for today :)
You are quite right Dave- most men in the USA have such a deep investment in their own misery, they cannot be told otherwise and who cares anyway?
The original post is not accurate. No, you do not have to transfer your assets to your wife's name.
Even property ownership limitations can be circumvented, poster restates that common myth that
when a Filipina comes to the USA, her family can then follow. That is simply false. Does anyone even bother to check their BS before they post it? Some family members could have an Immediate Family Petition filed on their behalf. The waiting list for such filings in the Philippines is usually more than 20 years due to quota limitations.

How telling it is that so many American men will continually complain about things they will never do anyway. Further, they are quite unhappy if you have found an escape route from the American male
conundrum. I think it reminds them of their own failure.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

publicduende wrote:
steve55 wrote:The bottom line is that a western man ain't shit in his own country. But put him in the philippine or any other foreign cultural dating scene and he is a dating product in extremely high demand. That's the simple fact. So that's why men will go to the Philippines. It's as simple as that.
The bottom line is another myth, dear Steve.

A Western man, especially a mature and divorced one, is in high demand by young women whom educated and well-off Filipinos wouldn't touch with a stick, or at the very least wouldn't consider prime marriage material. While I was there I saw the harsh reality: middle and upper middle class Pinoys would marry into equally middle and upper middle class families, better if of clear Chinese and Spanish descent. They would get engaged and marry them young, possibly virgin, possibly while still in college or soon after their graduation (which happens when they're about 19/20 anyway).

All the men from power brokering families I met in Davao weren't necessarily of the purest lineage, but their wives or girlfriends were always fair skinned babes with some strongly recognisable Chinese or European ancestry. Needless to say, for how much I find a dark skinned, slender girl attractive and sassy, those young women seemed to live on a different platform, both physically and socio-culturally. One a man like us would find quite hard to jump on.

Our only saving grace is in fact that: that most of us don't attach any particular stigma on a darker skin and stronger Austronesian traits, in fact we find them irresistibly exotic. That means that attractive girls from less sophisticated and more rural parts of the country could be a prized jackpot for many of us, while being considered second class to scions of the Filipino middle class and elite looking for a partner. Of the socio-sexual arbitrage that is looking for a bride in the Philippines, I find this the aspect that most benefits both the foreigner and the bride and her family.

And even for the monger, there's more of those dark skinned young ladies from yet humbler backgrounds, naive but often keen to scam him, the kinds somebody aptly labelled "excess female population".
Your observations are correct about Pinoy middle class and wealthy. My wife's family is considered
well off by standards in Mindanao- they have cars and bank accounts and more than one piece of property. However, middle class and above could represent at most 10% of the population. They are
the exceptions. My own experience here is not representative of most foreign men, but it does
give me insight into the middle-class set here. They DO have their standards. Somehow I bamboozled my way in...must be all that expensive booze I buy my father-in-law.

PS- It's a boy. John Thomas, 7lbs 1 oz.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Amazing exchange with Davewe and OW. If there are two people who fit the truest mould of the Happier Abroader, even beyond Winston's original manifesto, it's these two fine gentlemen.

Now, is it a coincidence that the voice or reason always comes from a very small number of members who:

1) are relatively senior, hence steeped in the wisdom of their life experience, which often includes one (or more) broken marriage;
2) have invested actual time and effort in fitting in their new host country (the Philippines, in their cases), instead of spending 2 weeks of mindless mongering and then complain of how bad the country that gave them what they lacked in their homeland (sex & fun) is?
3) have always aimed at nothing more than real commitment to a single, worthwhile young woman, and did not chicken away from the idea of making that commitment real by marrying the lucky lady.

Don't people see the obvious pattern here? Mongers who feel gods and then fallen gods as they spend countless bored days, feeding their battered egos on destitute, naive teenagers. Young guys who cannot tell the difference between a P4P transaction (or set thereof) and real commitment and, heaven forbid, love. Socially impaired guys who never felt the emotion of holding hands with somebody who actually cares about them - whether she's a 5, a 6 or a PI*LN(12) and even if she was touched by one or two boyfriends before.

Can't these people just read the truth in front of their faces? As OW rightly put it, they must be so invested in their own misery to be blind and deaf to anything else than the narrative they relentlessly tell themselves, the proverbial Charlie Brown's blanket they need to hold at all times to feel safe in their fears?

After so many years, I think the path is quite clear, to those guys above as everyone else. There is a recipe to be happy in the Philippines, and there is a jolly good chance it will work in several other countries too. It won't cost $12.50 like Roosh's pathetic booklets, and in fact the real price is far, far higher: it's the cost of breaking one's hard cocoon of fears and let one's real self speak.

Really dudes, is love the word that noone dare utter? Look for love and be yourself until the bitter end, no matter the effort, the discipline and the risks to take. It will always pay off. It certainly paid for Pete, OW and Dave and probably a few others. It worked for me and my Monica. More than that, I don't know what people may want to learn or know.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

OutWest wrote:Your observations are correct about Pinoy middle class and wealthy. My wife's family is considered
well off by standards in Mindanao- they have cars and bank accounts and more than one piece of property. However, middle class and above could represent at most 10% of the population. They are
the exceptions. My own experience here is not representative of most foreign men, but it does
give me insight into the middle-class set here. They DO have their standards.
If the average experience of the foreigner in the Philippines is the 2-week monger, then I can't be anything but happy that you're as many standard deviations away as possible from that average! I believe this statistical figure is well expressed in this forum, too. Yet, this isn't about a statistical sample. As I have hinted at in my post above, anybody could be happy in the Philippines by following your example. Indeed, hasn't Dave recently spilled the beans on the fact that he was inspired by Pete and got precisely that kind of wonderful result?
OutWest wrote:Somehow I bamboozled my way in...must be all that expensive booze I buy my father-in-law.
You should give yourself more credit. You might see them as an application of your own experience plus some common sense reasoning (which mustn't be that common anymore, it seems), yet it's probably something hard to repeat by most other people. You made specific choices, you might have gotten lucky, but the direction was clear and was that of success: from getting known and winning the heart of the barangay, to showing yourself in tune and appreciative of what the local life could offer you, to having a honest heart and genuine willingness to commit. And more. I have heard very, very few people in here even saying they would be willing to do what you did, let alone do it.
OutWest wrote:PS- It's a boy. John Thomas, 7lbs 1 oz.
Hang on a sec. Is this apostille about your newborn baby??? Where did I miss the news? :) If so, congratulations!!!
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

OutWest wrote:PS- It's a boy. John Thomas, 7lbs 1 oz.
Congratulations!

That right there is another reason for me to move to the Philippines: I believe it to be a much better environment to raise children in then, say, the United States or Europe. I find that people are more tolerant of different beliefs, including more conservative views. There's more social control, tighter knit families, and more people keeping an eye on the little ones roaming around. This, to me, is ideal. It's a lot warmer then the West, in my personal experience. Much more kid-friendly.