The Benefits of Muslim Marriage Laws in the Philippines!

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

It's not worth going to Hell.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

MrMan wrote:It's not worth going to Hell.
this
Sharia
Freshman Poster

Re: The Benefits of Muslim Marriage Laws in the Philippines!

Post by Sharia »

I have a few questions and I hope you can shed some light into it guys.My boyfriend got married under Christian law and filed a divorce under the Muslim-law(sharia) for a cheaper amount and lesser time. He is now a Muslim on papers only and said he has a Muslim name. We are planning to get married however, I am a Christian and I want to stay as a Christian as much as possible. The question is, can we be legally married without risks of bigamy? Is my boyfriend's first marriage still valid under Christian law even after he filed divorce under Sharia law? Thanks. I hope you can help me out.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Sharia wrote:I have a few questions and I hope you can shed some light into it guys.My boyfriend got married under Christian law and filed a divorce under the Muslim-law(sharia) for a cheaper amount and lesser time. He is now a Muslim on papers only and said he has a Muslim name. We are planning to get married however, I am a Christian and I want to stay as a Christian as much as possible. The question is, can we be legally married without risks of bigamy? Is my boyfriend's first marriage still valid under Christian law even after he filed divorce under Sharia law? Thanks. I hope you can help me out.
Which country did this happen in? It depends on the laws in your country. If it was a legal marriage and legal divorce then I don't see why not. You should ask an attorney or your marriage office. Or post your question on Yahoo Answers.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Mike&Audree
Freshman Poster

Post by Mike&Audree »

Hi! Can anyone tell us who to see regarding our conversion to Islam and marriage? We will be in Davao and in Laguna this March 2015.
Ben'sKitten
Freshman Poster

Post by Ben'sKitten »

Hi Winston. I will be in Manila end of Feb or March and would like to know more details on Islamic marriage. Could you help me get in touch with whoever officiated your friend's marriage?
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re:

Post by MrMan »

Winston wrote:Welcome back Falcon. I was wondering where you'd been.

So is it true that in a Muslim country, a guy can have multiple wives? Can a guy go to Indonesia and have more than one wife? Dang.

You can marry as a Muslim but not do anything Muslim after that right?
This is an old post, but I'll comment since I lived in Indonesia for many years. I am Christian, and so is my wife. She does have some Muslim relatives.

My impression from living there and being around Muslims is that while polygamy is technically legal, it's not really socially acceptable. A Muslim TV preacher took a second wife when I was there and the celebrity press made a big deal of it. It's almost taboo to do that, not quite, but almost. They know religion allows it, but they say the wife has to approve the second wife or its not legit. And Indonesian women don't take too kindly to cheating.

I had a co-worker, a middle aged woman who was married to a military official who was high up in the government and used to work with the president. She was showing me a lot of attention, kind of flirty, saying stuff with double entendres that I didn't get at first because of my lack of Indonesian skill. It made me uncomfortable. Not only was she married, but she looked old, and wouldn't have been my type if she were young, single, and Christian anyway.

One day, folks from both offices went to lunch, a bunch of mostly married women and myself. She started crying about her husband having an affair. She wasn't cool with it because of polygamy. Taking a second wife in Indonesia can also be perceived as having an affair. They may call a mistress a 'hidden wife.' I'm not sure if these people legally marry the second one or not.

Aside from the potential of more sex, just about every other aspect of polygamy would be negative, wouldn't it? The idea of multiple women making demands on you sexually may appeal to you, but just think about satisfying all those women in their need to talk to you? What about shopping and all the financial aspects of it? What if you had two wives and they had their periods at the same time, or you had multiple infants in the house that needed care at the same time from your wives? Practically, it would be rough aside from moral concerns.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Re:

Post by Cornfed »

MrMan wrote:Aside from the potential of more sex, just about every other aspect of polygamy would be negative, wouldn't it? The idea of multiple women making demands on you sexually may appeal to you, but just think about satisfying all those women in their need to talk to you? What about shopping and all the financial aspects of it? What if you had two wives and they had their periods at the same time, or you had multiple infants in the house that needed care at the same time from your wives?
I think the idea is that they bother each other with that stuff and only come to you for the good stuff.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Re:

Post by droid »

Cornfed wrote:
MrMan wrote:Aside from the potential of more sex, just about every other aspect of polygamy would be negative, wouldn't it? The idea of multiple women making demands on you sexually may appeal to you, but just think about satisfying all those women in their need to talk to you? What about shopping and all the financial aspects of it? What if you had two wives and they had their periods at the same time, or you had multiple infants in the house that needed care at the same time from your wives?
I think the idea is that they bother each other with that stuff and only come to you for the good stuff.
:lol:
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Mike&Audree wrote:Hi! Can anyone tell us who to see regarding our conversion to Islam and marriage? We will be in Davao and in Laguna this March 2015.
Ben'sKitten wrote:Hi Winston. I will be in Manila end of Feb or March and would like to know more details on Islamic marriage. Could you help me get in touch with whoever officiated your friend's marriage?
I'll PM you two and try to refer you to whoever officiated my friend's marriage. If the person wants his contact info made public, I'll post it here too. But I'll check with my friend first.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
yanit08
Freshman Poster

Post by yanit08 »

hi admin
please send me also the details of the person that officiated the marriage of your friend in islam.
thank u
yanit08
Freshman Poster

Post by yanit08 »

dear winston,

please pm me also the details of the person officiated your friends muslim wedding. please please
Moonshadow
Freshman Poster

Post by Moonshadow »

I understand the benefits of getting married under Sharia Law in the Phils, but what about the cons. For example, its my understanding that Sharia Law prescribes support to be paid to the wife after divorce, etc. Would not that aspect apply in the Philippines as well?
shadowlady
Freshman Poster

Post by shadowlady »

I just want to ask if you still have a contact number of the Imam who converted you. please reply asap. thank you.
shadowlady
Freshman Poster

Post by shadowlady »

Winston wrote:
Mike&Audree wrote:Hi! Can anyone tell us who to see regarding our conversion to Islam and marriage? We will be in Davao and in Laguna this March 2015.
Ben'sKitten wrote:Hi Winston. I will be in Manila end of Feb or March and would like to know more details on Islamic marriage. Could you help me get in touch with whoever officiated your friend's marriage?
I'll PM you two and try to refer you to whoever officiated my friend's marriage. If the person wants his contact info made public, I'll post it here too. But I'll check with my friend first.

Please pm me and refer me too. thank you.