Why the Philippines?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

The world is headed to a collasal disaster. ISIS and EU and russia battling it out is just the beginnig. Im staying in america for now. I can build up my funds and focus here.

Check out indonesia. That's where all the mongers are now moving. Theyve already tore up philippines so now its a pile of crap so you better check out indonesia before will n dowds of the world tear the women apart.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

publicduende wrote:
OutWest wrote:Your observations are correct about Pinoy middle class and wealthy. My wife's family is considered
well off by standards in Mindanao- they have cars and bank accounts and more than one piece of property. However, middle class and above could represent at most 10% of the population. They are
the exceptions. My own experience here is not representative of most foreign men, but it does
give me insight into the middle-class set here. They DO have their standards.
If the average experience of the foreigner in the Philippines is the 2-week monger, then I can't be anything but happy that you're as many standard deviations away as possible from that average! I believe this statistical figure is well expressed in this forum, too. Yet, this isn't about a statistical sample. As I have hinted at in my post above, anybody could be happy in the Philippines by following your example. Indeed, hasn't Dave recently spilled the beans on the fact that he was inspired by Pete and got precisely that kind of wonderful result?
OutWest wrote:Somehow I bamboozled my way in...must be all that expensive booze I buy my father-in-law.
You should give yourself more credit. You might see them as an application of your own experience plus some common sense reasoning (which mustn't be that common anymore, it seems), yet it's probably something hard to repeat by most other people. You made specific choices, you might have gotten lucky, but the direction was clear and was that of success: from getting known and winning the heart of the barangay, to showing yourself in tune and appreciative of what the local life could offer you, to having a honest heart and genuine willingness to commit. And more. I have heard very, very few people in here even saying they would be willing to do what you did, let alone do it.
OutWest wrote:PS- It's a boy. John Thomas, 7lbs 1 oz.
Hang on a sec. Is this apostille about your newborn baby??? Where did I miss the news? :) If so, congratulations!!!

Thank you...mother and baby doing fine...!!!! :D
Thanks for your kind words- the machinations of barangay and purok are an important aspect of family life here as well as an avenue of insight about girls that single men might meet. You cannot understand the Philippines without a grasp of how Barangays function.
sea_dragon
Freshman Poster

Post by sea_dragon »

At this rate this whole forum should be called 'Happier in the Philippines' rather than 'Happier Abroad'.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

sea_dragon wrote:At this rate this whole forum should be called 'Happier in the Philippines' rather than 'Happier Abroad'.
Like who? Winston, me, and a mess of others have left. Mr. S can't wait to get out, Falcon is now in Indonesia, Kboy is in Korea, a few others are in Thailand or china. Ghost tried it there but left after a 3 week attempt. Pete and outwest and publicduende are all in america right now in some capacity. The only one i see happier in phil is Will N Dowd who is a monger who is starting to tire of the scene after a few months and Marcosveitala who is only 20 years old and only been there for 2 months and probably will pack his bags and go back to europe once he realizes living in poverty as a white man aint fun. The only one I can think of who may fit in this category in the long term right now is Rock . Thats it LOL
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

OutWest wrote:You cannot understand the Philippines without a grasp of how Barangays function.
Trust me, I got the Filipino micro-society to a tee the moment (and it was pretty early) I noticed they are basically a Spaniard colony style nuclear, patriarchal, maternal community. It's basically a displaced Latin American country, and not dissimilar at all from what Southern Italy used to be not so long ago. This is from a Southern Italian who lived in this soup for most part of his life.

And that's why your feat is all the more remarkable considering your behavioural model is that of an Anglo country, America, so quite different from mine.

Again, many congratulations for your baby boy mate! Life always gives people what they deserve, in the end.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:
sea_dragon wrote:At this rate this whole forum should be called 'Happier in the Philippines' rather than 'Happier Abroad'.
Like who? Winston, me, and a mess of others have left. Mr. S can't wait to get out, Falcon is now in Indonesia, Kboy is in Korea, a few others are in Thailand or china. Ghost tried it there but left after a 3 week attempt. Pete and outwest and publicduende are all in america right now in some capacity. The only one i see happier in phil is Will N Dowd who is a monger who is starting to tire of the scene after a few months and Marcosveitala who is only 20 years old and only been there for 2 months and probably will pack his bags and go back to europe once he realizes living in poverty as a white man aint fun. The only one I can think of who may fit in this category in the long term right now is Rock . Thats it LOL
The statements above are testament to the fact that you will be miserable anywhere you go.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on April 27th, 2020, 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

publicduende wrote:
The statements above are testament to the fact that you will be miserable anywhere you go.

I actually still like the idea of living abroad its just im more persistent than others of the idea wheras most others will give up and move back to america and europ. i refuse to give up the notion im just not financially ready or for other reasons its advantageous for me to be in america full time right now but id still like to live abroad. Or at least have the ability to roam from one country to the next maybe never having a permanent home.

notice you didn't refute what I said. All from your chair in america. Even outwest who is supposedly living in philippines is actually in america right now. What a surprise. The only foreigners ive seen actually pack their bags and wind up staying there long term are very few.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Ghost wrote:
I actually logged nearly two months total time there. It's just that after about 3 weeks I realized I couldn't do it and gave up.

Most guys go there for the easy women. It's a bit silly to ask why guys go there because not only is it obvious why, but we can use the process of elimination to figure it out:

-The food sucks
-Yearlong heat and humidity; torrential rains
-No jobs; a fully third world country
-Harsh living conditions
-Everyone tries to rip you off

That leaves...

...the women! :)

Before I went there, I dreamed of being able to build a life there. I thought it was the only place I would ever be able to get a girlfriend. I see now that I limited myself too much. There's a big world out there. The Philippines is Level 1. It's the tutorial level. It's the one that introduces many guys to being happier abroad, better women, and the challenges all that entails. People speak English there, further making it like a tutorial, since you don't even have to deal with much of a language barrier. So I consider myself a novice still; I've only just passed level one. Some guys will like level one and find that that is what they need and want and they have the resources to make it happen. Otherwise, on to a tougher level...that will probably have a bigger and better payoff.
Filipinas aren't anywhere near as good as japanese or korean but those women are too stuck on themselves. But so are the rich filipinas. I think most guys here would rather a japanese or korean girl if they knew she would be loyal and was actually interested in them.

Its really hard to go to other places though for the intent to live there because of the visa issues. I think to get around it and to not become bored one almost has to either become a roming nomad and leving the other countries once their 30 days or 3 month tourist visa is expired and maybe going backt o philippines or something where its easy to stay long term. And then going back to the other asian countries to renew it. I may check out indonesia or thailand just to experience other cultures but only for short visits. THe visa and language issues make it hard to live anywhere abroad except for phil and maybe some latin america countries and thailand but even thailand is making it hard now so really its down to phil and maybe ecquador or something like that.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:Marcosveitala who is only 20 years old and only been there for 2 months and probably will pack his bags and go back to europe once he realizes living in poverty as a white man aint fun
I am 23 years old and married to a Filipina. I won't leave her nor will I bring her to my country... for financial reasons however I have to get back to make money. This has nothing to do with whether or not I like the country; if you read my posts you will see that I do in fact like the country very much. It is for purely practical reasons that I had to return, but soon I will be back again to stay.

As far as poverty goes? The Philippines is a third word country. I am well aware of this fact, and I can handle it. Unlike the mongers I have an A+ wife by my side and we can manage. Aided by a high quality wife and her high quality family I'm doing absolutely fine. It's all about the network you build up and the people you surround yourself with.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

MarcosZeitola wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:Marcosveitala who is only 20 years old and only been there for 2 months and probably will pack his bags and go back to europe once he realizes living in poverty as a white man aint fun
I am 23 years old and married to a Filipina. I won't leave her nor will I bring her to my country... for financial reasons however I have to get back to make money. This has nothing to do with whether or not I like the country; if you read my posts you will see that I do in fact like the country very much. It is for purely practical reasons that I had to return, but soon I will be back again to stay.

As far as poverty goes? The Philippines is a third word country. I am well aware of this fact, and I can handle it. Unlike the mongers I have an A+ wife by my side and we can manage. Aided by a high quality wife and her high quality family I'm doing absolutely fine. It's all about the network you build up and the people you surround yourself with.
How are you able to keep going and coming back with so much vacation time?

everyone wants to do it at first but then ultimately no one does because of finances or because they get sick of the country or a combination of the two. Even in theory I would but ultimately i run back to america because my family is there and most importantly its a drag on my finances due to tempation and the amount of money i wind up spending to stay there.
thats why im holding off my traveling. Too expensive and much less distraction to stay home for now. I think living abroad is better when one has a pile of money to retire on or is at least halfway there.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

publicduende wrote:Amazing exchange with Davewe and OW. If there are two people who fit the truest mould of the Happier Abroader, even beyond Winston's original manifesto, it's these two fine gentlemen.

Now, is it a coincidence that the voice or reason always comes from a very small number of members who:

1) are relatively senior, hence steeped in the wisdom of their life experience, which often includes one (or more) broken marriage;
2) have invested actual time and effort in fitting in their new host country (the Philippines, in their cases), instead of spending 2 weeks of mindless mongering and then complain of how bad the country that gave them what they lacked in their homeland (sex & fun) is?
3) have always aimed at nothing more than real commitment to a single, worthwhile young woman, and did not chicken away from the idea of making that commitment real by marrying the lucky lady.

Don't people see the obvious pattern here? Mongers who feel gods and then fallen gods as they spend countless bored days, feeding their battered egos on destitute, naive teenagers. Young guys who cannot tell the difference between a P4P transaction (or set thereof) and real commitment and, heaven forbid, love. Socially impaired guys who never felt the emotion of holding hands with somebody who actually cares about them - whether she's a 5, a 6 or a PI*LN(12) and even if she was touched by one or two boyfriends before.

Can't these people just read the truth in front of their faces? As OW rightly put it, they must be so invested in their own misery to be blind and deaf to anything else than the narrative they relentlessly tell themselves, the proverbial Charlie Brown's blanket they need to hold at all times to feel safe in their fears?

After so many years, I think the path is quite clear, to those guys above as everyone else. There is a recipe to be happy in the Philippines, and there is a jolly good chance it will work in several other countries too. It won't cost $12.50 like Roosh's pathetic booklets, and in fact the real price is far, far higher: it's the cost of breaking one's hard cocoon of fears and let one's real self speak.

Really dudes, is love the word that noone dare utter? Look for love and be yourself until the bitter end, no matter the effort, the discipline and the risks to take. It will always pay off. It certainly paid for Pete, OW and Dave and probably a few others. It worked for me and my Monica. More than that, I don't know what people may want to learn or know.
Just in case I'm seen as someone who came to Thailand to monger, and subsequently became disenchanted with the country: I didn't come here for that, though I thought a variety of massages might be good for health. I quickly changed even that supposition. My revulsion to the environment was immediate and visceral, and I knew from the day I got here that I would be having no interaction with Thai culture (which really isn't possible in English, anyway).

I got a suit from maybe the world's best tailor for $400 out of the trip, and I got the final understanding that some guys are made to travel, and I'm not one of them. Much as I hate what the American government is usually up to, and how much American culture has been degraded, I'm really not capable of living anywhere else. The food, the sports, the physical environment in the western US -- I'm too attached to all these things. And I'm really just not good at getting learning experiences out of travel. It's been wasted on me.

I'm looking for love, but I honestly think it's a matter of luck, or God, or both, and those factors have a chance of being present anywhere. You can study the hell out of population distribution, prevailing values in a given country, logistics in "second-tier" cities, etc. -- all the ways that we and the people on Roosh try to rationalize a process that is mostly mystifying -- but I think it's probably a fool's errand. I'm going to spend my time in environments that are pleasing to me, such as Tucson, Arizona, and hope that I get right with God, get lucky, or both.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:everyone wants to do it at first but then ultimately no one does because of finances or because they get sick of the country or a combination of the two. Even in theory I would but ultimately i run back to america because my family is there and most importantly its a drag on my finances due to tempation and the amount of money i wind up spending to stay there.
thats why im holding off my traveling. Too expensive and much less distraction to stay home for now. I think living abroad is better when one has a pile of money to retire on or is at least halfway there.
Ditto. That's why I accepted that $90K job that only gives me 2 weeks of vacation per year. My best strategy is to build up a shitload of cash as quickly as possible and then move there permanently.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

gsjackson wrote:
publicduende wrote:Amazing exchange with Davewe and OW. If there are two people who fit the truest mould of the Happier Abroader, even beyond Winston's original manifesto, it's these two fine gentlemen.

Now, is it a coincidence that the voice or reason always comes from a very small number of members who:

1) are relatively senior, hence steeped in the wisdom of their life experience, which often includes one (or more) broken marriage;
2) have invested actual time and effort in fitting in their new host country (the Philippines, in their cases), instead of spending 2 weeks of mindless mongering and then complain of how bad the country that gave them what they lacked in their homeland (sex & fun) is?
3) have always aimed at nothing more than real commitment to a single, worthwhile young woman, and did not chicken away from the idea of making that commitment real by marrying the lucky lady.

Don't people see the obvious pattern here? Mongers who feel gods and then fallen gods as they spend countless bored days, feeding their battered egos on destitute, naive teenagers. Young guys who cannot tell the difference between a P4P transaction (or set thereof) and real commitment and, heaven forbid, love. Socially impaired guys who never felt the emotion of holding hands with somebody who actually cares about them - whether she's a 5, a 6 or a PI*LN(12) and even if she was touched by one or two boyfriends before.

Can't these people just read the truth in front of their faces? As OW rightly put it, they must be so invested in their own misery to be blind and deaf to anything else than the narrative they relentlessly tell themselves, the proverbial Charlie Brown's blanket they need to hold at all times to feel safe in their fears?

After so many years, I think the path is quite clear, to those guys above as everyone else. There is a recipe to be happy in the Philippines, and there is a jolly good chance it will work in several other countries too. It won't cost $12.50 like Roosh's pathetic booklets, and in fact the real price is far, far higher: it's the cost of breaking one's hard cocoon of fears and let one's real self speak.

Really dudes, is love the word that noone dare utter? Look for love and be yourself until the bitter end, no matter the effort, the discipline and the risks to take. It will always pay off. It certainly paid for Pete, OW and Dave and probably a few others. It worked for me and my Monica. More than that, I don't know what people may want to learn or know.
Just in case I'm seen as someone who came to Thailand to monger, and subsequently became disenchanted with the country: I didn't come here for that, though I thought a variety of massages might be good for health. I quickly changed even that supposition. My revulsion to the environment was immediate and visceral, and I knew from the day I got here that I would be having no interaction with Thai culture (which really isn't possible in English, anyway).

I got a suit from maybe the world's best tailor for $400 out of the trip, and I got the final understanding that some guys are made to travel, and I'm not one of them. Much as I hate what the American government is usually up to, and how much American culture has been degraded, I'm really not capable of living anywhere else. The food, the sports, the physical environment in the western US -- I'm too attached to all these things. And I'm really just not good at getting learning experiences out of travel. It's been wasted on me.

I'm looking for love, but I honestly think it's a matter of luck, or God, or both, and those factors have a chance of being present anywhere. You can study the hell out of population distribution, prevailing values in a given country, logistics in "second-tier" cities, etc. -- all the ways that we and the people on Roosh try to rationalize a process that is mostly mystifying -- but I think it's probably a fool's errand. I'm going to spend my time in environments that are pleasing to me, such as Tucson, Arizona, and hope that I get right with God, get lucky, or both.
First off publicduende is using his justification. The simple fact is guys ike him can't get that p***y in america so he tries to throw out words like barangays and province living. Its the same old B.S. The fact of the matter is life is always better in america its just we dont want to be stuck with a old fat woman with an attitude or even by ourselves in america so many of us have to stomach living overseas to get by that loophole.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

You make an interesting point. I seem to voluntarily end up living in cities many westerners find hard to endure - Taipei and Makati. It would be more interesting if some fellow HAs stayed here too. Mr. S lives way out in a more suburban area which can be 2-3 hours from the center areas of Metro Manila on any day but Sunday. And he's bogged down with work and family responsibilities.

Oh, and you forgot to mention Taco and Starchild by the way, they both abandoned ship as well.

I think many Filipinos are a delight. And my taste in women is the antithesis of what most western guys seem to go for - educated, tall, curvy, and fair vs. simple, short, skinny and native. I'm talking right now to a highly educated Filipina who's 5'9", mixed with both white and Chinese blood, speaks fluent Korean and excellent English and Spanish, and from a very well-off family owning a chain of medical supply stores. She's very talented, pretty, and serious about her Protestant faith too. But according to you and certain others, girls like her should have no interest in foreigners like me. My personal observations suggest that there are at least plenty of exceptions to that belief. In most if not all other countries, such girls would probably not even consider us.

Metro Manila also has a thriving professional class of girls who are not from multi-millionaire families but are still very well educated, some even from the top schools where many of the richest send their kids as well. There's a decent chance that some of the girls you meet from this group will be one of more of following - attractive/very attractive, refined and elegant, intellectual, charismatic, charming, great conversationalists, very intelligent.

Even among the less fortunate classes can you find some sweet gems, girls and families who are kind and generous. Sometimes such poorer girls can be attractive or occasionally have some white or NE Asian blood.

It seems the tendency for most foreigners (or at least HAers) who give Philippines a try is to either dip their tow in a bit and monger for a short period before getting fed up or else find a girl here and take her back home ASAP. Very few seem content to stay here, with or without a gf/wife. But I'm the exception...as long as I can take fairly frequent breaks via travels to other countries.

As that exception, I've identified opportunities which most western visitors seem to miss. Most of these guys just want it fast and easy - point and click. Or they look around at what they see on the surface and are sickened by it.

Just like other HA destinations, it will be very different things to different people. The more I live and travel, the more I come to realize that truth seems to be a very relative and mercurial concept. Objective reality is very hard to pin down.