What the hell am I doing here?!

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

MrPeabody wrote: I was just curious that everyone seemed startled that they woke up in the morning and somehow ended up in the Philippines or Pattaya and didn't know how they got there.
The extent of your expat knowledge may be greater than mine. I've been reading this forum for five years, including multiple threads on the Philippines, and formed the impression that most expats went there to find wives. I'm sure I don't need to list all the people here who have contributed to that impression. So when you say that nobody would go there except for whore mongering, that's really the first time I've heard that. I knew it was there in the Philippines, but only you have said that it's the whole program. Maybe it's time to check the old cynicism levels to see if we're not overboiling with it.

As for Pattaya, all I knew about it when I scheduled the trip was that it was sixty miles south of Bangkok, on the sea, and had been an R&R destination from Vietnam. Before leaving I started to get an idea from reading up that it was a monger destination. Not until I got here did I realize that it is hell on earth.

Apparently you already knew all this stuff. Please feel free to post often about such venues when you have special insight. It would be very helpful.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

You can go to the Elephant Nature Park in Chiang Mai. They let you feed and ride the elephants. That's a happy ending.

http://www.elephantnaturepark.org/
Luc Furr
Freshman Poster

Post by Luc Furr »

MrPeabody wrote:
gsjackson wrote:
MrPeabody wrote:
gsjackson wrote:
MrPeabody wrote:The only reason guys go to shiteholes like the Philippines or Pattaya is for easy sex. What is all the BS here?
It is? Tamdrin and I are the only ones here who have come to Pattaya recently, and he split after two days. I'm old, and don't want it that badly anymore. I wouldn't pay for it if it was the hottest woman on the planet. You'd have to pay me three figures or so to have sex with the women here, and supply triple coverage condoms. You'll get there soon, and understand.
Then why did you go there? You could have gotten fresh air in Arizona.
I was in eastern Europe, what I had planned to do in Warsaw fell through, I had three weeks to fill in, I knew this would be my only chance to ever be in Asia since I would never take a 15-hour flight across the Pacific. I wanted to get a suit, and I wanted to get a variety of massages -- yeah, maybe some with happy endings. The latter project ended when I got here and realized I couldn't go in the streets without holding my nose.

Your cynicism is getting a little over the line here, friend. And like I said, if you've still got enough of a sex drive at your age to contemplate getting it on with women like these, enjoy it while you can, because you won't have it much longer.
I was just curious that everyone seemed startled that they woke up in the morning and somehow ended up in the Philippines or Pattaya and didn't know how they got there.
God sent them.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

MrPeabody wrote:You can go to the Elephant Nature Park in Chiang Mai. They let you feed and ride the elephants. That's a happy ending.

http://www.elephantnaturepark.org/
There you go, Mr. Sunshine. Keep that cynicism in check.
manly5000
Freshman Poster

Post by manly5000 »

You know, it's funny. The closer I get to my date of departure the less I really care about women. I'm about to go out and experience the WORLD... have some fun, meet some cool new people and make a ton of new friends. The women will always be there waiting, but I'm in no hurry to start dating.

It's all about the adventure. It's all about the experiences you have abroad that DON'T pertain to women, dating, or sex.
Out in the world living the dream!
manly5000
Freshman Poster

Post by manly5000 »

For some reason this thread reminds me of this... lol.

MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

Massage and Happy Ending

manly5000
Freshman Poster

Post by manly5000 »

I don't think I'd trust those elephants with MY peanuts!
Jonny Law
Experienced Poster

Re: What the hell am I doing here?!

Post by Jonny Law »

ANSWER-
You are there so you will feel Better than Everyone around you. You like to feel Superior to other people, this would be impossible if you were not in your noisy, polluted, stinky environment, filled with beggers on the streets and bad service.

Enjoy :)
ryanx wrote:I am an atheist. I am not into marriage and long term commitment. I am allergic to kids and hate the responsibility. I can't stand scammers, gold diggers and whores. I loathe noise, pollution, stinky environments, beggers on the streets and bad service. And above all I detest bad food. What the hell am I doing here in the philippines?
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

gsjackson wrote: ...Tamdrin and I are the only ones here who have come to Pattaya recently, and he split after two days. I'm old, and don't want it that badly anymore. I wouldn't pay for it if it was the hottest woman on the planet. You'd have to pay me three figures or so to have sex with the women here, and supply triple coverage condoms. You'll get there soon, and understand.
No, you are not the only ones.
I am frequently in Pattaya and Jomtien for vacation since many years, I have my 2 condominium-units there and it will be a nice place for me for retirement, especially during cold winter time.

There is a lot of activity possible in Pattaya, and it is a holiday-city, it is not like a typical town in Thailand.

It depends what the visitor is looking for. All is available, it's not only about sex with bargirls.

Pattaya is a wide area, if you are looking for sex go for it, if not, choose a location where the sex-scenery does not exist.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: What the hell am I doing here?!

Post by Jester »

ryanx wrote:I am an atheist. I am not into marriage and long term commitment. I am allergic to kids and hate the responsibility. I can't stand scammers, gold diggers and whores. I loathe noise, pollution, stinky environments, beggers on the streets and bad service. And above all I detest bad food. What the hell am I doing here in the philippines?
Rural China. Find a MILF. One kid policy (yes modified but probably still the social norm). Not a big city where the pollution is. Most people are atheists.

MILF in Japan would also work.

Also a Goth or subculture girl in Japan might work. Lots of nice places in Japan.

Philippines is laughably wrong. Could not be more wrong.